Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:30:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR snubbed by World Peace One
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR snubbed by World Peace One  (Read 11248 times)
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« on: February 05, 2007, 01:36:15 AM »

http://www.worldpeace1.com/html/events.html

"World Peace One" 24-Hour Global Broadcast & Telethon

On 11 August 2007, EarthOne Productions will deliver "World Peace One," the largest humanitarian event ever experienced. The event is currently planned to be broadcast "live" from 15 primary host cities with the support of secondary host cities spanning 24 time-and span 24 time-zones across the world.

Throughout the event's 24-hour broadcast, "World Peace One" will unite the world with music, inspiration, and responsibility. This event will reach more than 3.5 billion people in more than 180 countries through a global distribution grid that includes television and radio networks, Internet and mobile distribution networks, and a humanitarian awareness campaign that can help bring an end to war in our lifetime.

World Peace One is attracting a line-up of international recording artists, actors, athletes, Nobel Laureates, doctors, scientists, diplomats, inspirational leaders, and concerned global citizens who are contributing their time, status and resources to the important cause of Peace in our complex and perilous global environment.

http://www.worldpeace1.com/html/artists.html

Recording artists that will be invited to participate in the "World Peace One" Event include:

U2, Madonna, Pink Floyd, Carlos Santana, Yes, Shakira, the Rolling Stones, Earth Wind & Fire, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Sting, David Bowie, Lionel Ritchie, the Goo Goo Dolls, Aerosmith, Bruce Springsteen, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Tina Turner, The Eagles, Pearl Jam, Moby, Alanis Morissette, Phil Collins, Eminem, Wyclef Jean, Will Smith, Usher, Mary J. Blige, JZ, Beyonce, Pink, Peter Gabriel, Eric Clapton, Alicia Keys, Lenny Kravitz, Janet Jackson, Baby Face, Greenday, Stevie Wonder, Chaka Khan, Patti Labelle, Aretha Franklin, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Bon Jovi, Outkast, Sarah McLachlan, Enya, Paul Simon, The Dixie Chicks, Willie Nelson, Brad Paisley, Garth Brooks, Rascal Flatts, Tricia Yearwood, Keith Urban, Shania Twain, Martina McBride, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Ricky Martin, Mark Antony, David Bisbal, Juanes, Luis Miguel, Olga Tanon, Alejandro Sanz, Gilberto Gil, Ivan Lins, Barbra Streisand, Bette Midler, Tony Bennett, Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban, Autograph, Jane Zhang, David Lee, Prince Ali; and regional talent popular in many parts of the world.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 01:59:37 AM »

GNR isn't a cause band.  I wouldn't view this as being "snubbed."
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 02:03:32 AM »

I agree. GN'R has never been and wouldn't work now as a cause oriented band. If Axl decided to go that way, that's his prerogative, but I don't see it happening. And nobody try and bring up the Freddie Mercury concert either. Whether it had its own causes to push, that was a personal hero of Axl's and stands on its own as the one time GN'R participated in something even close to that.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 02:12:11 AM »

GNR isn't a cause band.? I wouldn't view this as being "snubbed."

I agree. GN'R has never been and wouldn't work now as a cause oriented band. If Axl decided to go that way, that's his prerogative, but I don't see it happening. And nobody try and bring up the Freddie Mercury concert either. Whether it had its own causes to push, that was a personal hero of Axl's and stands on its own as the one time GN'R participated in something even close to that.

...Farm Aid
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 02:14:07 AM »

...Farm Aid

Bastards! I forgot. Good call beer
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 02:17:09 AM »

Barely a handful of events over the course of their career still doesn't make them a cause band.

I guess I would never want to view them as one either.

Do we really want Axl on stage ranting about starving kids and the AIDS epidemic or do we love him the way he is?

Look at the list of artists. ?All of them have some sort of cause associated with them.

I listen to GNR to forget about the problems of the world, personally. ?
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 02:21:56 AM »

he did sing for Michael J. Fox not so long ago.
and I'm pro such involvement.

as long as it's not some U2 like pathetic cliche.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 02:48:40 AM »

Barely a handful of events over the course of their career still doesn't make them a cause band.

Do we really want Axl on stage ranting about starving kids and the AIDS epidemic or do we love him the way he is?

Look at the list of artists. ?All of them have some sort of cause associated with them.

I listen to GNR to forget about the problems of the world, personally. ?

I certainly understand your point of view and I'm not interested in changing it.? We all need our own personal escape from the troubles that surround us.? However, I would love to see Axl using his power of celebrity to promote any number of special causes throughout the world.? In fact, I would be absolutely thrilled to hear Axl ranting about starving kids and the AIDS epidemic... but then again, that's just me, and I mean you no disrespect.? peace

Cheers,
W.R.? ?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 03:14:40 AM »

Maybe they got asked and declined?

Anyone thought of that?

WTF has Pink Or Britney done for the world?

Led Zeppelin? U figured that would be making MAJOR headlines.

Just thought, Maybe Axl's Stage Tardiness and being difficult to deal with had something to do with it?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 04:53:15 AM »

Who gives a fuck?  I doubt the organisers even realise GNR are actually performing - like most people don't!
Mauve_All
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 05:14:40 AM »

I listen to GNR to forget about the problems of the world, personally. 

Yes, we do. Artists can't live in a seperate dream world. If they can help, they should help, use their popularity for a human cause. I'd love to see my favourite band demonstrate they care about what's going on around them, like they did when they recorded "Civil War".

Plus, participating in such an event doesn't necessarily make them a ..cause-band. But even if it did, it wouldn't automatically mean they don't make good music or they are not the band we all know and love.

I'm a drinker with writing problems
http://www.myspace.com/mauve_all
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 07:30:48 AM »

These are just artists that will get invited, half of them probably won't perform. If GNR release CD before summer I would say chances are high of an invite for them too.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 07:41:56 AM »

Led Zeppelin? Talk about wishful thinking.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 07:49:39 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ES_XzmDKAc

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 08:08:27 AM »

...Farm Aid

Yep. They played Farm Aid and they also played the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert as well. But they also didn't play Live 8 and several other benefit shows before and after that one.

Implying that GNR are being snubbed by not being invited to play this show would mean that everyone else who isn't on the list is being snubbed purposely as well.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 09:11:33 AM »

Look at the list of artists.  All of them have some sort of cause associated with them.

I listen to GNR to forget about the problems of the world, personally. 

I couldn't have said it better.  You are correct Bandita.   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 09:24:44 AM »

Way to make a negative headline based on nothing.  ok

You don't even know if the organizers think GN'R fits the bill, if they're aware of GN'R's existence etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 09:25:07 AM »

it's entirely understandable for guns not to be playing: on one side you have the organisers who view gnr as too hard rock, and unreliable while in the gnr camp you probably have better things to do with your time.

it's no big deal, and no doubt for the best that they're not playing this.
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 09:38:54 AM »

If you read the copy again, it says "INVITED TO PARTICIPATE". That doesn't mean everyone on that list is slated to perform, let alone be booked. It's just a wish list.

Jeez, another potential overbloated concert full of whining about something that will only matter for a little while that day.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 09:44:57 AM »

GNR isn't a cause band.? I wouldn't view this as being "snubbed."

Led Zeppelin aren't a cause band either but were still invited. I wouldn't say GnR were snubbed. A lot of it has to with the contacts which the organisers hold within the industry. They may know many of them artists personally and believe they may show up. There are lots of great artists not mentioned there. Metallica are one of the biggest touring acts in the world right now and they're not mentioned either. So its nothing to do with popularity or quality. Bear in mind the heaviest acts there are the Who and Led Zeppelin. It's possible anything heavier than that was discarded by the organisers as they tend to favour radio-friendly material for these kinda concerts.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: