Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:31:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Ghostbusters III
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ghostbusters III  (Read 9573 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 03:10:54 AM »

they should just have the original cast...they are not fucking athletes!! they are ghostbusters....its believable to have a 60 year old due catching ghosts....i dont understand how age is an issue

your right. the scene were one of them breaks a fucking hip would be pretty damn funny actually.  ok

or the scene were a ghost pops out of nowhere and gives them a heartache.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 12:45:38 PM »

it a 60 year old boxer can have a hit at the box offices why cant a 55 year old ghostbuster? 
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 06:30:24 AM »

bill murry and dan akroyd should restart the buisness after a long time off due to no paranormal activity.they could both recruit a new "team" with a couple of stars in it.with the FX available in the film industry these days it could be a hit as long as its got a good plot and includes at least bill or dan or even better both.

beer  heres to making a third movie "live"

ps an old topic i started  ok

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=28145.msg524591#msg524591

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2007, 01:14:43 PM »

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31493
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 02:13:10 PM »

it a 60 year old boxer can have a hit at the box offices why cant a 55 year old ghostbuster??

indeed - not as if they would be required to do any stunts - that wasnt what the first 2 were about

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 10:34:20 AM »

I agree.  A live action flick would be best.

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 03:39:05 PM »

Ghostbusters 3 Confirmed, Says Hellbound Dan Ackroyd
February 8th, 2007 at 11:00 by C J Davies

You know, spooky things have been abound at hecklerspray HQ of late.

We've tried bringing this story to you on no more than two separate occasions now - and each time it's perished in a disastrous, headline-obliterating internet meltdown. Honestly? you'd almost think that supernatural forces were at work. Supernatural forces that made us smash up our keyboards, break our chairs into little pieces and scream "you worthless shitting bastard" at every PC screen within a five-mile radius.

Still. In a roundabout way, it's quite apt that such creepy goings-on should coincide with the following newsblast: that Dan Ackroyd has gone and confirmed that Ghostbusters 3 - officially the most eagerly awaited '80s franchise revival this side of Kindergarten Cop: The Sophomore Years - is now definitely going ahead.

Ackroyd revealed:

?Ghostbusters 3 lives today. A year ago it didn?t. I wrote a script called Hell Bent, Ghostbusters go to hell basically. The premise is that it?s Manhellton. There?s Manhattan and ManHELLton. And if you can build an inter-dimensional phase system so that you can go from one dimension to another. We?ve succeeded doing that and we go to the hell side. Downtown, Folley Square - where the cops are, they?re all blue minotaurs. Central Park is this huge deep mine, green demons there, surrounded by black onyx thousand foot high apartment buildings with classic red devils. Very wealthy. And we go visit a Donald Trump like character - Mr. Siffler. Lou Siffler, Lucifer. So I will say we meet the devil in it. It won?t happen as a live action because Billy [Murray] won?t come on to the live action but he will voice his part, as a CGI animated project. With CGI, and animation, the way these cartoons are done, we can do everything I wrote in that script for a lot less money.?

By far the most surreal aspect of all this, however, is that Dan Ackroyd chose to break this exclusive news during an interview with tiny US country radio network CISN.

Jesus Christ, Danny-boy. You give them an exclusive and not us? Even after all those bundles of flowers we sent you? And boxes of chocolates? And excrement-scrawled notes reading 'you can activate my proton-pack anytime'?

Honestly. Sometimes we think you don't want our love

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 11:00:33 AM »

The thing to look forward to at the moment is the Ghostbusters 3 video game.

A month after the news about a CGI GB3 hit the net, Dan Aykroyd appeared in Montreal's morning TV, and the topic of GB3 came up - again. Surprisingly, he didn't mention the latest developments at all, saying the best bet for the franchise is currently the video game project. When looking at the below picture, it might actually make sense. Aykroyd's been pushing GB3 for years now, and he's scaled it down from a live action feature film into a CGI feature film - and now, apparently, into a video game with CGI cutscenes featuring the original voices. If it'll happen (and reunite the original team as voice talents), it could be the shot in the arm the franchise has been looking out for all these years.

If the game works out, it could make for a wonderful bargaining chip for Aykroyd to push his GB3 CGI project.

Dan Aykroyd on the game

Gameplay video for GB3 (XBox 360)

- AICN
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 11:02:36 AM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 12:45:12 PM »

Ackroyd revealed:

?Ghostbusters 3 lives today. A year ago it didn?t. I wrote a script called Hell Bent, Ghostbusters go to hell basically. The premise is that it?s Manhellton. There?s Manhattan and ManHELLton. And if you can build an inter-dimensional phase system so that you can go from one dimension to another. We?ve succeeded doing that and we go to the hell side. Downtown, Folley Square - where the cops are, they?re all blue minotaurs. Central Park is this huge deep mine, green demons there, surrounded by black onyx thousand foot high apartment buildings with classic red devils. Very wealthy. And we go visit a Donald Trump like character - Mr. Siffler. Lou Siffler, Lucifer. So I will say we meet the devil in it. It won?t happen as a live action because Billy [Murray] won?t come on to the live action but he will voice his part, as a CGI animated project. With CGI, and animation, the way these cartoons are done, we can do everything I wrote in that script for a lot less money.?

crappest plot ever

Yey gods, i'm glad the film studios told him to fuck off - that script sounds like something a 10 year old would write

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2007, 06:48:59 AM »

It won?t happen as a live action because Billy [Murray] won?t come on to the live action but he will voice his part

Ya know, I love Bill Murray... But why the hell wont he do the movie, but do the voice??  Roll Eyes
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2007, 08:12:59 AM »

I hope it doesn't suck like the second one.

Ghostbusters 2 was pretty bad. All I remember from that movie was that there was a baby names Oscar. I blocked out the rest.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2007, 09:24:36 AM »

Ghostbusters 2 was pretty bad. All I remember from that movie was that there was a baby names Oscar. I blocked out the rest.

ghostbusters 2 was awesome. I love both of em. The only thing im pissed about is that the new one will be CGI. I want a real movie

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2007, 09:33:56 AM »

I'm not sure about this-I seen what Dan Ackroyd did with Blues Brothers 2000-really bad.

libertad
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 09:54:50 AM »

The premise of this movie sounds like its for children.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 10:07:43 AM »

Bill will do the voice overs and drive around the set trashed in his golf cart.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
GeraldFord
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2007, 10:22:01 AM »

I think this has the potential to be really cool--if done right. Could go either way.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2007, 04:19:31 AM »

Ackroyd revealed:

crappest plot ever

Yey gods, i'm glad the film studios told him to fuck off - that script sounds like something a 10 year old would write

Oh yeah, the original film was a sure-fire hit even at script stage.

The concept was inspired by Aykroyd's own fascination with the paranormal, and it was conceived by Aykroyd as a vehicle for himself and friend and fellow Saturday Night Live alum John Belushi. The original story as written by Aykroyd was much more ambitious?and unfocused?than what would be eventually filmed; in Aykroyd's original vision, a group of Ghostbusters would travel through time, space and other dimensions taking on huge ghosts (of which the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man was just one of many). Also, the Ghostbusters wore S.W.A.T.-like outfits and used wands instead of Proton Packs to fight the ghosts; Ghostbusters storyboards show them wearing riotsquad-type helmets with movable transparent visors. - Wikipedia

At the moment, I'd consider the Manhellton storyline more comparable to Aykroyd's original ideas for GB1 instead of the finished films. What happened with pt 1 after this was that Harold Ramis collaborated with Aykroyd on the script; Ivan Reitman gave them notes and supervised. Bill Murray came in and adlibbed a good amount of his material. That's what helps the movie work so well - the material is organic, it's able to breathe. Aykroyd and his work on the script has always been the first step in the development process, he's likely more a visionary and a designer than a screenwriter/storyteller. That's where Ramis & Reitman have stepped in, helping him get a good story out of those ideas.

Ghostbusters was always about teamwork.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2007, 05:00:58 AM »

Just to clarify on the video game situation:

Bostjan Troha, CEO of ZootFly, told IGN UK: "We are very glad to see the overwhelming response to the Ghostbusters prototype movies. What you've seen is indeed in-game footage of early prototypes on the Xbox 360, running on ZootFly's proprietary engine. Due to licensing issues, further development of the Ghostbusters game hit a bump on the road. But everybody here at ZootFly is working actively on resolving the challenges with the owners of the Ghostbusters IP.

"Not to lose the momentum, a part the ZootFly team is currently working on an original game called TimeO, which is closely related to Ghostbusters. The game follows the adventures of two die-hard New Yorkers. They get trapped deep in the shadow world of a parallel New York. The city itself is a war machine threatening to wipe out our world and they have three days to stop it. As soon as the Ghostbusters IP issue is resolved, the whole team will go back to Ghostbusters."
- IGN

"Universal purchased the rights from Sony for a [Ghostbuster] game," Akroyd told the Sun. "I'm actually going to have to perform and do some motion capture for them. That will be next year." - IGN

So, ZootFly's Ghostbusters is currently going by the name of TimeO due to undisclosed licensing. Since Dan Aykroyd's been sounding positive about the prospect, it's possible ZootFly is negotiating with Universal while continuing to develop the game into a stage when it would actually be useful to motion capture actors and have their lines recorded. But everybody's seemingly in unison about it being a 2008 release.

Notice how the TimeO/Ghostbusters game storyline reflects the ideas Aykroyd has pitched for the GB3 script. Coincidence?

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2007, 05:27:53 AM »

^ true.

but a cartoon version , doesn't sound too hot. they should just do it with new people in the main roles and have Aykroyd as a boss figure.Then have one or two of the other guys in a cameo role.

You mean like a crappy remake starring Ashton Kutcher or something like that? No thanks, I'd rather just see the series left the way it is. Remakes are horrid and not meant to be.

yeah, the concept itself doesn't sound too bad. but there haven't been one good movie like this made yet. mainly because they use talentless "goodlookin" popular actors instead of someone who's actually good. plus, these movies also tend to be written too populistic.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2007, 01:01:35 PM »

Too hot to handle, too cold to hold
They're called the Ghostbusters and they're in control
While throwin' a party for a bunch of children
While all the while, Slime was under the building
So they packed up the crew, got a grip came equipped
Grabbed the proton packs on their backs and they split
Found out about Vigo, the master of evil
Tryin to battle my boys? That's not legal
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 01:04:33 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone