Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 12:17:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  guns n' roses + evanescence tour?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: guns n' roses + evanescence tour?  (Read 17722 times)
kingoffspring
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2007, 12:39:42 PM »

I saw the peppers and the stones live here in az and the peppers stunk the stones were good but to old time for the new gen.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2007, 02:17:28 PM »

and on evanescence site you can see that they have shows in usa on small venues

I have never seen so many tree
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2007, 03:50:29 PM »

Evanescence plays a lot of small venues but they sell them all out.  What does evanescence get from touring with GNR?  Oh and by the way there are youtube videos of people fleeing guns n roses on stage, most of those poeple leaving were goth/emo people.  Who do you think are fans of evanescence.  This would be a horrible idea, tickes would have to be around 100$ and we would have to be paying for Evanesence.  I think GNR shouldnt have an opener until they have an album, or keep with like Bach and Suicide Girls, because what band is going to want to open for a band thats entire audience is made up of mostly hardcore gnr fans.  I mean seriously who else pays 80 dollars a ticket to see a band made up of only one original member that hasnt released a new album in 16 years.  Even bands like A7x would get booed or coldly recieved.  Also what band wants to take the chance that these hardcore gnr fans will boo them off the stage and axl will come out and take shots at them.  That pidgeons of sh't medal thing was garbage, im sorry but Axl screwed up on that one.  I mean Axl should have known what type of band Eagles were and should have thrown them under the bus.  So they didnt play the entire length of the set?  Wow, like Axl hasnt walked off the stage or done that stuff before, how would axl like getting bottles thrown at him and booed.  No band that has had a multi-platinum album in their right mind should open for gnr, the fans are just there to see GNR< they dont care about other bands and you got the chance that Axl will throw you under the bus.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2007, 04:29:49 PM »

I dont think Metallica minded.

BTW theres no way in gods hell that evan (what ever the fuck there names is) will be even close to being as popular as gnr. common evan(again) lets see you go away for 15 years come back and sell even 3 thousand tickets. GNR may not have sold as many tickets to some of there shows as these guys but almost as much not recently off an album. People seriously need to get off the smack GNR is legendary band

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
monkeyboy32
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2007, 05:38:44 PM »

I'm not the biggest fan of evanescence but I believe they can fill a stadium in these places on their own.  In america, never could they sell out a stadium or even half but in south america and afrrica sure.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2007, 05:54:17 PM »

Enough of the other band talk.

This is still the GN'R section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2007, 10:22:04 PM »

Evanescence plays a lot of small venues but they sell them all out.  What does evanescence get from touring with GNR?  Oh and by the way there are youtube videos of people fleeing guns n roses on stage, most of those poeple leaving were goth/emo people.  Who do you think are fans of evanescence.  This would be a horrible idea, tickes would have to be around 100$ and we would have to be paying for Evanesence.  I think GNR shouldnt have an opener until they have an album, or keep with like Bach and Suicide Girls, because what band is going to want to open for a band thats entire audience is made up of mostly hardcore gnr fans.  I mean seriously who else pays 80 dollars a ticket to see a band made up of only one original member that hasnt released a new album in 16 years.  Even bands like A7x would get booed or coldly recieved.  Also what band wants to take the chance that these hardcore gnr fans will boo them off the stage and axl will come out and take shots at them.  That pidgeons of sh't medal thing was garbage, im sorry but Axl screwed up on that one.  I mean Axl should have known what type of band Eagles were and should have thrown them under the bus.  So they didnt play the entire length of the set?  Wow, like Axl hasnt walked off the stage or done that stuff before, how would axl like getting bottles thrown at him and booed.  No band that has had a multi-platinum album in their right mind should open for gnr, the fans are just there to see GNR< they dont care about other bands and you got the chance that Axl will throw you under the bus.

Oddly, when you put "flee" in with Guns N' Roses on YouTube, nothing shows up (note the sarcasm).

I know plenty of "emo" kids who are GNR fans, in fact those are the ones sporting the GNR shirts. I'm gonna take it you meant the inland invasion crowd, well that's a festival with a lot of different bands, I know AiC fans who dislike GNR, and vice versa. So what?

Lemme tell ya, I was at two shows, and aside from some old farts in the front, most people found Bach amusing, and that's it. He's good advertising since all he talks about is GNR, but then, a billboard would do that just as well (and be more coherent).
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2007, 10:29:57 PM »

Evanescence plays a lot of small venues but they sell them all out.? What does evanescence get from touring with GNR?? Oh and by the way there are youtube videos of people fleeing guns n roses on stage, most of those poeple leaving were goth/emo people.? Who do you think are fans of evanescence.? This would be a horrible idea, tickes would have to be around 100$ and we would have to be paying for Evanesence.? I think GNR shouldnt have an opener until they have an album, or keep with like Bach and Suicide Girls, because what band is going to want to open for a band thats entire audience is made up of mostly hardcore gnr fans.? I mean seriously who else pays 80 dollars a ticket to see a band made up of only one original member that hasnt released a new album in 16 years.   Even bands like A7x would get booed or coldly recieved.? Also what band wants to take the chance that these hardcore gnr fans will boo them off the stage and axl will come out and take shots at them.? That pidgeons of sh't medal thing was garbage, im sorry but Axl screwed up on that one.? I mean Axl should have known what type of band Eagles were and should have thrown them under the bus.? So they didnt play the entire length of the set?? Wow, like Axl hasnt walked off the stage or done that stuff before, how would axl like getting bottles thrown at him and booed.? No band that has had a multi-platinum album in their right mind should open for gnr, the fans are just there to see GNR< they dont care about other bands and you got the chance that Axl will throw you under the bus.

what the fuck? do you call yourself a fan?

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2007, 12:30:56 AM »

Emo and Hard Rock do not mix.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
lucho_elmillo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2007, 03:06:53 AM »

In argentina for a lot of people axl is a almost god. An argentina's concert will be a succes, but evanescense not very popular, is not possible to be compared in this point (i spoke about argentina of course)
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2007, 06:41:32 AM »

I don't think it's a good idea.

"...It don't really matter..."
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2007, 04:13:43 PM »

Oddly, when you put "flee" in with Guns N' Roses on YouTube, nothing shows up (note the sarcasm).

I know plenty of "emo" kids who are GNR fans, in fact those are the ones sporting the GNR shirts. I'm gonna take it you meant the inland invasion crowd, well that's a festival with a lot of different bands, I know AiC fans who dislike GNR, and vice versa. So what?

Lemme tell ya, I was at two shows, and aside from some old farts in the front, most people found Bach amusing, and that's it. He's good advertising since all he talks about is GNR, but then, a billboard would do that just as well (and be more coherent).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4FgiqnSBOQ  right there people "fleeing GNR concerts"  look at all of them theyre all emo/goth.  Oh and by the way you can be a GNR fan and not like everything they do.  Come back when you guys can do a little researching on your own.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2007, 05:39:27 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4FgiqnSBOQ? right there people "fleeing GNR concerts"? look at all of them theyre all emo/goth.? Oh and by the way you can be a GNR fan and not like everything they do.? Come back when you guys can do a little researching on your own.

What's your point? A small percentage of people left the GNR arena concerts in the states too, I doubt they were all emo/goth.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2007, 06:07:44 PM »

that wasnt a small percentage of fans, that was a group of people leaving after the previous band played and during the first song GNR played.  GNR and Evanescence would be awful, it would be like that performance but worse, because GNR has more fans in common with Prodigy than Evanesence.  The points pretty obvious, but if you need me to spell it out, GNR without an album is going to sell alright because of hardcore fans.  Until they can reach non-hardcore fans that will not agree on an opener besides GNR they should not get a major opening act and no major opening act would want to tour with a band that at least in the states doesnt draw 20k people everynight.  The concert would be too expensive and Axl made a lot of people in the industry mad making fun of the opening act.  I was at the Cleveland show and Eagles didnt deserve that because they did exactly what wouldbe expected of them.  If Axl doesnt like their music he shouldnt have asked them to come on the tour.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2007, 10:46:45 AM »

Very doubtful them touring together

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2007, 04:20:01 PM »

Evanescence is pretty good. Listen to a track like Lose Control before you call them Emo. There are some heavy riffs in there  Cool

Wouldn't mind them touring together, however I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2007, 04:23:23 PM »

Evan-whatever suck and should never be associated with gn'r. I'd rather have Axl doing a medium tour than selling out with calculated opening bands.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2007, 01:45:28 PM »

Not feeling that idea at all.  Hardlein should open for GN'R.

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2007, 03:01:09 PM »

Amy Lee is not a big fan of Axl....She was quoted in a magazine saying that Axl Rose was the musician that most deserved to get smacked in the mouth.  This was about a year ago. Look it up. No B.S.....

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
badobessionwithaxl
Headliner

Live and let die.

« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2007, 03:07:02 PM »

If she ever slapped Axl in the mouth I would find her and kill her.

BUT regardless...

I think they attract different crowds. GN'R could pick up some younger fans, but I don't
think the majority would be into them.

Can't stop thinkin bout doin it one more time..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: