Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 12:21:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  guns n' roses + evanescence tour?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: guns n' roses + evanescence tour?  (Read 17746 times)
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« on: February 02, 2007, 02:00:09 PM »

i was just checking evanescence' website and i noticed they're playing in argentina and brazil in april in giant soccer stadiums like the river plate stadium. i don't believe that they can fill these stadiums by themselves (maybe i'm wrong) + they'll play the 2 south-african dates with guns too. so maybe they will open for guns on a possible south-american/african tour?
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 02:04:36 PM »

hm, not a bad idea, not a big evanescence fan but it could work, absolutlety worth thinking 'bout.
anythinggoes
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 02:05:23 PM »

i think they are more popular than you think
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 02:07:26 PM »

i like evanescence,but i'm sure theyaren't popular to fill up stadium

I have never seen so many tree
Bert
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 02:09:03 PM »

For the love of God, I hope not.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 02:12:13 PM »

Well, it's up to Guns, but I don't think it's a good fit.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 02:20:06 PM »

Evanscence dates in Brazil were already released.. I don't think they'll add "oh, BTW, we'll play with GN'R".

AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 02:45:32 PM »

Evanescence right now is more popular than GNR sorry, they wont open for them.  Bands that have released a cd that has gone multiplatinum, within a year of that cd do not go and open for bands that have had mediocre concert sales and have not released a new album since 91.  Sorry, but it wont happen.  It sucks, but GnR is popular in the rock world but Evanescence is insanely popular across the board and they have an album near the top of the charts right now.
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 02:49:31 PM »

Evanescence right now is more popular than GNR sorry, they wont open for them.? Bands that have released a cd that has gone multiplatinum, within a year of that cd do not go and open for bands that have had mediocre concert sales and have not released a new album since 91.? Sorry, but it wont happen.? It sucks, but GnR is popular in the rock world but Evanescence is insanely popular across the board and they have an album near the top of the charts right now.

While I may agree with you they may be more popular I NOT agree that it won't happen.

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 02:50:23 PM »

So are Nickelback. Doesn't mean the music isn't crap.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 02:50:43 PM »

Evanescence right now is more popular than GNR sorry, they wont open for them.? Bands that have released a cd that has gone multiplatinum, within a year of that cd do not go and open for bands that have had mediocre concert sales and have not released a new album since 91.? Sorry, but it wont happen.? It sucks, but GnR is popular in the rock world but Evanescence is insanely popular across the board and they have an album near the top of the charts right now.

I think you are wrong. Papa Roach are more popular than Guns at the moment too, but they did open for them. Sometimes you can gracefully step aside out of respect. Or because certain opportunities are given only to legendary bands despite the current popularity.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 02:55:02 PM »

Evanescence right now is more popular than GNR sorry, they wont open for them.  Bands that have released a cd that has gone multiplatinum, within a year of that cd do not go and open for bands that have had mediocre concert sales and have not released a new album since 91.  Sorry, but it wont happen.  It sucks, but GnR is popular in the rock world but Evanescence is insanely popular across the board and they have an album near the top of the charts right now.

I think you are wrong. Papa Roach are more popular than Guns at the moment too, but they did open for them. Sometimes you can gracefully step aside out of respect. Or because certain opportunities are given only to legendary bands despite the current popularity.

papa roach being more popular than gnr right now is a lie....   they?re probably more popular than the new gnr though...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mauve_All
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 03:04:02 PM »

I'd love to see Evanescence open for Guns. I'd also like to see Amy Lee perform a duet with Axl..!

I'm a drinker with writing problems
http://www.myspace.com/mauve_all
mcalldp
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 03:31:04 PM »

I think it would be a good mix energy-wise. Also, just because someone is selling right now does not mean they are more popular than a band that has a longer, and shall I say, legendary career.
This would be a good show and good team up I agree.

~sHiNe oN~
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 03:46:27 PM »

For the love of God, I hope not.
  my thoughts exactly

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 03:49:45 PM »

papa roach being more popular than gnr right now is a lie....   they?re probably more popular than the new gnr though...

There is no new gnr.. just Guns N Roses.   

Papa Roach (right now) maybe more popular than GNR only because they've released a few successful albums this decade.    In the scheme of things tho, GNR is the legendary band.
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 03:54:49 PM »

Personally, I feel that Evanescence would make for an excellent opening act. ?If that happens, I think it could be quite beneficial for both bands. ?Evanescence may (arguably) be the "bigger" of the two bands at the moment, but the name 'Guns N' Roses' (regardless of lineup) caries with it a tremendous musical legacy that is still a major drawing power to this day... especially within certain regions of the world.

Cheers,
W.R.
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 03:55:31 PM »

? This would be a great tour for both acts. ?GNR can really use a popular and good rock band as a supporting act. ?It would be a good way to get younger fans into their shows and enable them to get a first hand GNR experience. ?For those of you that diss Evanescence, they happen to be one of the more popular and talented rock bands in the world today. ?Yea yea yea, Axl is God, I know, but that doesn't mean that everyone else is shit. ?I would also love to see Buckcherry tour with GNR. ?
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2007, 03:56:59 PM »

papa roach being more popular than gnr right now is a lie....? ?they?re probably more popular than the new gnr though...

There is no new gnr.. just Guns N Roses.? ?

Papa Roach (right now) maybe more popular than GNR only because they've released a few successful albums this decade.? ? In the scheme of things tho, GNR is the legendary band.

You're right there is no "new GN"R" because there's no new album.

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 03:58:11 PM »

It's a bit odd when it comes to Guns N' Roses and who opens for them.  There's been several festival appearances when GNR headlined where it could be argued that some who played before are more relevant right now.  The biggest that comes to mind is the Inland Invasion Festival, where the Muse openned for Guns.  Most Brits on this board probably already know that the Muse have sold out the new Wembley Stadium (corrrect me if I'm wrong, but didn't they sell out two nights?).  Something tells me that GNR would be hard pressed to fill a stadium at this point.  The other big band that openned for GNR was Weezer back in 2002. 

Evanescence are by far the more relevant band when compared to Guns, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they wouldn't open for them.  I think a lot has to do with where each artist sees themselves in relation to other artists.  Most bands that have come on to the seen in the last 5-10 years probably revere someone like Axl or a band like Guns N' Roses, hence they don't mind getting second billing.  There's probably only one band on the planet right now that demands headlining status and that's the Rolling Stones (remember GNR was to open for them this past summer in Europe).  Then you have your AC/DCs, Metallica, U2, and maybe Radiohead that would require top billing.  If Chinese Democracy was released and was successfully received, I'd put GNR in that group as well. 

Basically, even though Evanescence might be more popular and relevant, since they haven't been around long enough and achieved legendary status, they'd still probably have to go on before GNR if the two were to play at the same event.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06