Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:25:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The new members of Guns N' Roses: Who are these guys?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The new members of Guns N' Roses: Who are these guys?  (Read 7571 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007, 09:51:54 AM »

you seem to say that both finck and stinson are the longest serving member (not members) of the new guys. that cant be true in both cases, only in 1, as you say one joined in 97 and the other in 99.

Well, they both joined in 97.? But in 99, Robin left.? So they've both been through the same stuff, but because Robin rejoined in 2000 it technically makes Tommy the longest serving member - and the only one I used the term with whilst talking about them.? I did mention the fact Robin briefly left in there. Wink
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 09:53:31 AM by MrRedfield » Logged
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007, 09:57:35 AM »

OK i was a lil wrong bu so are you. you actually say that stinson got the call up, er, call, in 98. you do mention fincks absence but im not sure what that had to do with my point.

in fact, this may well mean that they are roughly equal in their time as members, taking robins absence into account?Huh

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 09:58:10 AM »

wow jimmy this is a very cool read....i hope you dont mind but i posted it on rosesofvelvet too beer

redlespaul
The Original Lunchbox?
Headliner

(not a redlespaul)

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2007, 10:05:45 AM »

Bryan "Brain" Mantia

Born in 1964 in Cupertino, California, Bryan began playing drums at 16 years old, with influences including Led Zeppelin, James Brown and Jimi Hendrix. When in a high school band, he was given the nickname "Brain" after becoming obsessed with the music theory book, Portraits in Rhythm by Anthony Cirone.

Let me be a "band nerd" here for just a minute...

Portraits in Rhythm is not a music theory book, but just a book of short snare drum etudes (exercises) for snare drummers.

I do like the article--thanks for sharing it!

red
les
paul
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2007, 11:08:24 AM »

Great article man. Very well written... Loved it. I'm gonna translate to portuguese to put in my board, if you don't mind..

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 11:13:10 AM »

Great article man. Very well written... Loved it. I'm gonna translate to portuguese to put in my board, if you don't mind..

No problem.  If you could, could ya please include the link and ask people to click on it, too? rofl
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 11:34:57 AM »

Yeah, a very fun read!  And I learned that I share a birthday with Fortus, which is cool.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
huntermc
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2007, 06:27:18 PM »

"Other projects include the electronica project, ZAUM which he worked on with Tool's Danny Carey. Only a four track demo tape is available; however the track Merkaba was played live by Tool and released on their limited edition CD/DVD Salival." - Untrue, only a namesake song.

I know this isn't a Tool forum, but the live version of Merkaba on Salival is actually a reworked medley of Psychedlic Experience and Merkaba from the Zaum demo.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 08:55:56 PM by huntermc » Logged
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2007, 06:44:31 PM »

very nice

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
bigblue88112
Headliner

"All the way from California" -- 11/10/2006

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2007, 12:37:35 AM »

Great read!

I clicked on the link, as well...  ok

Democracy is coming:  November 23, 2008

"Then again, this is Guns N' Roses, where the laws of physics do not apply."
--Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal
kcleveland
Opening Act

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2007, 07:33:44 AM »

I thought I read somewhere that Sorum recommended Finck to Axl in the hopes that Axl would see the error of his ways and do whatever he needed to do to get Slash back.
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2007, 08:25:45 AM »

tommy stinson replaced duff in 1998.
and yeah, it's true about axl wanting robin to play lead, after matt suggested him as a new rhythm guitarist.
thank god for that! beer

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2007, 09:17:09 AM »

Good read for people not on the board, who may know nothing about new gnr-most of it we know, but it is fairly accurate-I think Matt said bring him in to play with Slash, Axl shot back "no, I want him to play lead"-it's interesting, I wonder if Matt knew at the time, or the decision had been made to have 3 guitar players-that might be why Matt said bring him in, I'm not sure Matt was thinking rhythm guitarist

libertad
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2007, 09:45:48 AM »

Thankz For Info...

This Guys = Guns N' Fuckin' Roses.

hbk '

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 06:17:22 AM »

Unfortunately, it seems that my article has been outranked by a retard... typical. Roll Eyes
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2007, 06:28:39 AM »

Unfortunately, it seems that my article has been outranked by a retard... typical. Roll Eyes

damn, that sucks  no
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2007, 10:28:37 AM »

Thank you for this article, good read.

While we are on the topic of who these guys are. I wanted to open up a discussion about the relationships between the members and what we all think or perceive as their attitudes towards the name Gun n' Roses.

First off, do you think that the band is in fact a democracy? I mean obviously Axl will make the final call on things but do you think there really is open discussions and or debates on what's going on.

Another point I wanted to bring up was do you guy's think the band might be saying to Axl enough already let's get this monster out there. I don't mean this to start controversy but the members must be proud of their accomplishments on the record and I'm sure they all want it out there for everyone to hear. Of course we know Axls attitude, no one is going to push him around, but a little pressure. 

On the other hand they could be thinking, fuck it, I get my paycheck I'm on call when we have gigs, I show up ready to play, if we record I'm ready to record.

I made a note of this because of the other "projects" the different members have going on all the time, Dizzy with Hookers and Blow, Stinson out with Asylum, we Fortus works like hell, Brain you know, and Bumblefoot well he's all over the place.

What you think?     

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2007, 10:49:58 AM »

Thank you for this article, good read.

While we are on the topic of who these guys are. I wanted to open up a discussion about the relationships between the members and what we all think or perceive as their attitudes towards the name Gun n' Roses.

? ?First off, do you think that the band is in fact a democracy? I mean obviously Axl will make the final call on things but do you think there really is open discussions and or debates on what's going on.

? ?Another point I wanted to bring up was do you guy's think the band might be saying to Axl enough already let's get this monster out there. I don't mean this to start controversy but the members must be proud of their accomplishments on the record and I'm sure they all want it out there for everyone to hear. Of course we know Axls attitude, no one is going to push him around, but a little pressure.?

? On the other hand they could be thinking, fuck it, I get my paycheck I'm on call when we have gigs, I show up ready to play, if we record I'm ready to record.

? I made a note of this because of the other "projects" the different members have going on all the time, Dizzy with Hookers and Blow, Stinson out with Asylum, we Fortus works like hell, Brain you know, and Bumblefoot well he's all over the place.

? What you think?? ? ?

Well, I think this band is a democracy, but some people have a bigger say over others. E.g. Axl has the majoritive say, Tommy has a massive input, then Robin...see where I'm going?

Also with the issue of whether they really want it out or not...I think Robin must be dying for this to come out and I think the others must be too, but maybe they don't voice their opinion as much as they normally would because of Axl's notorious temper? Well thats just my opinion, probably wrong, but I thought I would say it. Oh yeh, just one more point. You talked about wondering if they think 'fuck it, its just about the money'...Lets go back to that notorious Brain quote...when he said its all about the money. It must be a combination...I don't think he would be there JUST for the money, but I think he won't be there JUST for the music either, because no-one would really want to stay with a band with inactivity for such long periods of time if they weren't being subsidised very nicely, but then again, they want to stay because the music may be that good and they would want their names to go down in history.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2007, 02:21:29 PM »

brain was joking. Could be when he said that he was in the band (almost) for love.

about the band democracy, tommy interviews will tell you a bit.
Most any organization in democracy has someone in charge.

Good work, MrRedfield ok

This Guys = Guns N' Fuckin' Roses.

hbk '

headbanger
green
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2007, 03:37:53 PM »

This is Guns N' Roses so live with it........ beer
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: