Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:15:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  WILL CHINESE DEMOCRACY CONTAIN ALL ORIGINAL SONGS...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: WILL CHINESE DEMOCRACY CONTAIN ALL ORIGINAL SONGS...  (Read 13701 times)
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 06:30:36 PM »

Thinking today driving into work and really hadn't put much thought behind it before today... (no comments please)
I was wondering since the track list is not 100% certain if there will contain any cover songs.?
Putting some thought behind it, I do not want any covers on this album, I do want all original music and down the road on let's say the 2nd or 3rd release we can look at a cover or two.? ?One in mind is "Sailing" which I noticed they had played twice this past year on tour.? ?I enjoyed the way they covered that song but after so long, I am greedy and want all originals... Would it disappoint if there was a cover on there??

where does everyone else stand on this subject?

After 16 years between original materials, and with 2 covers on that no less, and a full album of covers, I'm thinking it will be all orignal Lips Sealed

then answer me this... would you be disappointed if it did...    that is where I am going with it all...
peace!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 06:40:56 PM »

I hope there isn't any covers,
because people are already starting to get sick of the leaks, and even a few don' want the leaks to be on the album;
so I dont think anyone wants Axl to have any covers...

'nuff said.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 07:01:22 PM »

Or he could release a cd after this of all covers titled the Lo Mein incident
wow im an idiot

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 07:11:07 PM »

Thinking today driving into work and really hadn't put much thought behind it before today... (no comments please)
I was wondering since the track list is not 100% certain if there will contain any cover songs.?
Putting some thought behind it, I do not want any covers on this album, I do want all original music and down the road on let's say the 2nd or 3rd release we can look at a cover or two.? ?One in mind is "Sailing" which I noticed they had played twice this past year on tour.? ?I enjoyed the way they covered that song but after so long, I am greedy and want all originals... Would it disappoint if there was a cover on there??

where does everyone else stand on this subject?

I would assume it's all original. No one knows for sure. I wouldn't be disappointed if it contained a high quality cover on it.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2007, 07:11:22 PM »

Eh. Who cares? Axl does what Axl wants to do. Deal with it.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 07:17:49 PM »

I'll be disappointed by a cover song, no matter how good it may be.  After such a long wait, I only want to hear new, orginal GnR music.
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 07:43:55 PM »

If there were to be a cover, count on axl to choose something that the majority of the general public will not know very well..

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 08:10:06 PM »

Well with recent rumors.. I'll take a cover song over songs that Axl had to work with a song writer for any day of the week.

what are you talking about? "recent rumors"  Roll Eyes

Have you heard any of the new songs? I guess not...
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2007, 09:10:09 PM »

Well with recent rumors.. I'll take a cover song over songs that Axl had to work with a song writer for any day of the week.

Yeah you're right.. I never heard any of the new songs or saw the band in 2002. Why am I on a Gn'R forum?! I don't even like rock and roll.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2007, 10:04:14 PM »

what are you talking about? "recent rumors"? Roll Eyes

Yeah you're right.. I never heard any of the new songs or saw the band in 2002. Why am I on a Gn'R forum?! I don't even like rock and roll.

Yep, thanks for confirming.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2007, 10:14:52 PM »

Do you even know what you are talking about? Why do these little fan boys feel the need to try and start shit with me?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 10:22:23 PM by BLS-Pride » Logged

www.rosesofvelvet.com
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2007, 10:32:03 PM »

all original

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2007, 10:40:41 PM »

what are you talking about? "recent rumors"? Roll Eyes

Do you even know what you are talking about? Why do these little fan boys feel the need to try and start shit with me?

Yes, infact I do know what I'm talking it about.

Its you that I'm having a hard time understanding. Your orginal post indicates that you would rather hear a cover than a song written by Axl Rose. You also state that Axl has written all of his recent songs with a songwriter. This is most likely not the case, and your post fails to elaborate on that point, hence my original question - "what are you talking about?"

I regret to inform you that none of these "fan boys," as you put it, try to "start shit with you." The negativity of your orignal post encouraged me to respond and ask what you were talkiing about. My post was met with sarcasm on your part, therefor resulting in sarcasm on my part. You overlooked my orginal question with your remark - "Do you know what you're talking about?"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 10:42:16 PM by Robman? » Logged
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2007, 10:44:29 PM »

Bro please. Show me where it says all songs written with help of a song writer and your little case is valid. There is a rumor that Axl was working with a song writer(s) to help out on some songs.. Did I say all? No I did not. I'm sure you read about it at some point and I'm sure you knew what I was talking about but this is just you trying to get attention or whatever just like all your other bullshit posts. So, this is over and to not ruin this thread anymore I'm done with you.

And its a cover song over a song Axl needed to hire help for.. How did you miss that? Oh yeah you starting shit.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 10:46:32 PM by BLS-Pride » Logged

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2007, 11:09:53 PM »

I had just left this thread, then you edited your post  hihi

I think we should have left it at the sarcasm  rofl

Please link me up with the rumor of Axl hiring help. Plus, if someone had an idea to go along with an existing one, to make a song better and more engaging to the listener, I'm all for it. Theres no point being against a good song, no matter who its written by.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2007, 11:21:15 PM »

Please link me up with the rumor of Axl hiring help.

Well, you know that's not possible here, don't you.

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2007, 11:35:03 PM »

exactly, so its not true.
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2007, 11:45:31 PM »

"Sailing" is the only cover Id even be remotely interested in hearing on Chinese Democracy.

Dude, I was seriously thinking about this today. Sailing would be a great cover for the album. But that's it for now...

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2007, 11:46:46 PM »

Doesn't mean it's not true, it just means the powers-that-be here have deemed it unmentionable. We couldn't talk about the Harley ad, yet it posted on Harley's Web site for a day at least. We couldn't talk about the Del James article, but it was on GNR's own Web site.

No, sir, just because we aren't allowed to talk about things here doesn't make it not true.

Is it true? I don't know. You don't know. Only Axl knows and maybe a few others.

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2007, 11:52:41 PM »

Doesn't mean it's not true, it just means the powers-that-be here have deemed it unmentionable. We couldn't talk about the Harley ad, yet it posted on Harley's Web site for a day at least. We couldn't talk about the Del James article, but it was on GNR's own Web site.

No, sir, just because we aren't allowed to talk about things here doesn't make it not true.

Is it true? I don't know. You don't know. Only Axl knows and maybe a few others.

I agree. I might be true, it might not. We'll see.  ok
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: