Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:43:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The "Wasted Years." What are your feelings about them?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Wasted Years." What are your feelings about them?  (Read 9213 times)
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: January 30, 2007, 11:49:04 PM »

I just wanted to get some other fans' opinions on this.  Does anybody else get a little depressed when you think about how Axl is almost 45 now (pretty old in the rock world) and that he basically was in hibernation during his prime? I really think that Chinese Democracy will be great, but will it be worth being MIA (in the general publics' opinion) for basically the last 14 years?  Not to trying to be negative, just want to hear some honest opinions.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 11:51:18 PM »

I don't want to talk about it.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Chief
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 11:54:00 PM »

yeah i try not to think about it and also really hope that they wrote a crapload of songs during this time!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
EFISH
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 11:56:14 PM »

I just want CD and I want it in 5 weeks.

That will be all.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 12:05:25 AM »

if this album is all its cracked up to be i wont complain.

would u rather have around 5 albums in that span that are merley mediocre or have only one or two good songs?

didnt think so.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 12:07:58 AM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 12:07:06 AM »

would u rather have around 5 albums in that span that are merley mediocre or have only one or two good songs?

didnt think so.

sure it sucks that hes taken so long and maybe wasted some time, but its obvious hes put alot of effort into this album and wants it to be perfect or as close to perfect as humanly possible.

And if CD ends up being merely mediocre with only a few good songs, then what?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 12:07:30 AM »

it sucks... especially when back in 99 we'd be like oh it'll be out by late 200... but shit lets not worry about that now... we'll have a HUGE run real soon.... we'll forget about all those years!!
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 12:07:53 AM »

i think we lost the best years of Axl Rose and the real Guns n Roses, thats what i think
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 12:08:33 AM »

i kinda feel ripped off..I chose to follow gnr for life...no matter what...so, i kinda feel like my favorite band left me hanging.

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 12:08:42 AM »

didnt think so.

sure it sucks that hes taken so long and maybe wasted some time, but its obvious hes put alot of effort into this album and wants it to be perfect or as close to perfect as humanly possible.

And if CD ends up being merely mediocre with only a few good songs, then what?

lets wait till the album comes out. all i have to say is:

hes put alot of effort into this record and i respect that. especially in a time when alot of so called "artists" slap together a few singles surrounded by filler, call it an album, and put it out ever 2-3 years.

smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 12:31:01 AM »

Well, since you asked....? I think in the pantheon of Iron Maiden songs, "Wasted Years" is vastly under rated.? While not on par with "Run to the Hills" or even "Running Free", "Wasted Years" is a great song? ok

(Jesus, I swear we talk about the same fucking topics every second or third month)? ?hihi
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 12:39:33 AM »

Your thread title explains it. They were wasted years. We should have gotten at least 3 or 4 albums in 14 years, but, we don't even have one.

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 12:47:26 AM »

you got Live Era, and GH Cheesy

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 12:50:36 AM »

The thing that I find confusing about the whole thing is: ?We are all tired of waiting for this album because we put a lot of time into following its creation. ?Imagine how Axl must feel about the whole thing and how much of himself, his life. and his reputation he has riding on this. ?You would think he would just want to get it over with and release it!!!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 12:53:42 AM »

well sure if ur a true guns fan and u really think about it should piss you off that he has taken so long. but as frustrated as i am, i still have great respect for him, i mean hes obviously not doing it for the money, and he obviously doenst care what people think about him. all he cares about is making the best album possible. and thats what matters.

Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 01:23:06 AM »

Well, since you asked....? I think in the pantheon of Iron Maiden songs, "Wasted Years" is vastly under rated.? While not on par with "Run to the Hills" or even "Running Free", "Wasted Years" is a great song? ok

(Jesus, I swear we talk about the same fucking topics every second or third month)? ?hihi

Lol, same here - definitely the best song for me on 'Somewhere in Time'. Very underrated....

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 01:36:54 AM »

"But I don?t give a fuck about them (the years)
Cause I ain't crazy "

rhiad

Yeh, he wasted a few years touring and putting out a cd, but whos to say, during those years, he might have wrote some of the best songs we are likely to heaR? "I know thats a big claim, but this is chinese democracy after all"

Anyways, I dont care if he only releases this cd and doesn't tour for a year, as long as we have Cd in MARCH (LATEST APRIL) then ILL BE FKN Happy.

Think of it this way, Axl can keep on waiting about putting Chinese Democracy off from being released, but can the rest of the band mates (7 in total) wait as long as him?

I highly doubt it.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 01:50:43 AM »

I think it's completely subjective. ?"Wasted Years" ?according to whom? ?IMHO, ?it seems that in the aftermath of Slash and Duff leaving, Axl was drifting a bit, thrown for a loop, not really sure what he really wanted out of all of this, or if he even wanted to do it all anymore. ?And by most accounts,(again we don't really know) he hasn't been in the studio 24/7 for years on end. ?I believe his "hibernation",if you will, was self-imposed on his part, he was tired of the trappings of fame.

?Personally, now that I'm a couple months away from turning 30, I no longer see 45 as old. ?Also, I'm glad that Axl never became one of those guys who will show up anywhere, anytime for press/attention. ?I'm also glad, he hasn't spent his time shitting out crappy album after crappy album just to say "look how productive I am!", if you know what I mean. ?Like when Contrabandcame out, VR were all "We recorded this in 3 weeks blah blah". ?I listened to it and thought maybe they should've spent a little more time trying to make it good instead.
 ?So if he's happy, more power to him, it's all that matters in the end. ?There's more to life than having some shitheads at Rolling Stone think you're relevant.

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 01:59:31 AM »

Wow,I haven't been on here in a long fuckin' time. ?

You're talkin' about "14 years wasted",right?

?Well,it's hard to say those years were "wasted" when Axl spent most of those years:

?
 ?A) Recovering from the break-up with Seymour.

?B) Dealing with lawsuits out the ass.

?C) Watching as band members walked out the door.

?D) More fuckin' lawsuits.

?E) Trying to re-envision some semblance of a band and crew together/finding the right mix.

?F) Overcoming practically insurmountable pressure/hype.

?G) Dealing with personal issues regarding life and health (shit that's really no one's fuckin' business).

?H) Living up to satisfaction for himself regarding what should be deemed a "Guns N' Roses" album.

?H) FUCKIN' LAWSUITS!!!

What's done is done. Ya can't whine about what could've or should've happened.

? Everything happens for a reason. ?We can't wonder all day long,'cause nothing can be changed anyway.
As far as I'm concerned,he's had a lot of shit to go through and deal with.
"Yeah,he's but fuckin' rich!" Blah,blah,blah! He's still a human being. Shit affects him just as much as it does you and I.

?I plan on being a multi-millionaire but,I know I'll still have problems. I might have a lot of zeros in my account,but I'll still bleed red and love to laugh and get sad and still shit like a bear.

Money doesn't make you happy,it makes you comfortable. ?Does he have to worry about if he'll eat today? No. Does he have to worry about being laughed at on global fuckin' level? Yes.

? "Walk a mile in a man's shoes before you can judge him."

?Granted,CD could've/should've been released by now,but,HEY!...guess what?!?..it ain't. ?As far as I'm concerned,the last 14 years of MY life aren't wasted. I've been living!!
 If I didn't do shit from 1993 until now,all the while waiting for this new album,then yes,THAT'D be fuckin' wasted. If You DIDN'T do that,than nothing has been wasted. Not on our side.

And not on Axl's side. 'Cause he's been living.

? ? GN'R FOREVER!!

? ? ? ? ? MATT
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 02:06:40 AM by MATT A REAL FAN » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 02:11:09 AM »

Wow,I haven't been on here in a long fuckin' time. 

You're talkin' about "14 years wasted",right?

Well,it's hard to say those years were "wasted" when Axl spent most of those years:

A) Recovering from the break-up with Seymour.

B) Dealing with lawsuits out the ass.

C) Watching as band members walked out the door.

D) More fuckin' lawsuits.

E) Trying to re-envision some semblance of a band and crew together/finding the right mix.

F) Overcoming practically insurmountable pressure/hype.

G) Dealing with personal issues regarding life and health (shit that's really no one's fuckin' business).

H) Living up to satisfaction for himself regarding what should be deemed a "Guns N' Roses" album.

H) FUCKIN' LAWSUITS!!!

What's done is done. Ya can't whine about what could've or should've happened.

Everything happens for a reason.  We can't wonder all day long,'cause nothing can be changed anyway.
As far as I'm concerned,he's had a lot of shit to go through and deal with.
"Yeah,he's but fuckin' rich!" Blah,blah,blah! He's still a human being. Shit affects him just as much as it does you and I.

I plan on being a multi-millionaire but,I know I'll still have problems. I might have a lot of zeros in my account,but I'll still bleed red and love to laugh and get sad and still shit like a bear.

Money doesn't make you happy,it makes you comfortable.  Does he have to worry about if he'll eat today? No. Does he have to worry about being laughed at on global fuckin' level? Yes.

"Walk a mile in a man's shoes before you can judge him."

Granted,CD could've/should've been released by now,but,HEY!...guess what?!?..it ain't.  As far as I'm concerned,the last 14 years of MY life aren't wasted. I've been living!!
 If I didn't do shit from 1993 until now,all the while waiting for this new album,then yes,THAT'D be fuckin' wasted. If You DIDN'T do that,than nothing has been wasted. Not on our side.

And not on Axl's side. 'Cause he's been living.

GN'R FOREVER!!

MATT

That's the best post I've read in a long time.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: