Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:24:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Where do we go now?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now?  (Read 11303 times)
Danny Top Hat
« on: January 30, 2007, 07:32:10 PM »

I've spent the last two years dreaming of going to travel around somewhere and this summer I will have my first chance.  I've saved some money and have 3.5 months off uni, though I probably won't be away for all that time.  I want to travel to see wonderful landscapes, strange new cities and to meet cool people - I am not going to "find myself" so the cynics should stay away from this thread if they wanna avoid pissing off a mod.

The question is where the hell do I start??  The world's fecking huge and there's so many places I want to go.  It's daunting to say the least.  I'm learning Spanish so I can one day visit Chile, Argentina and Peru but it's too early to think about going there - i'll wait till i've mastered the language.  I was gonna do a work America program but that seems to have fallen through (though i'm not ruling it out).  Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam all look promising because it's cheap there and quite a popular choice, but my friend is insisting that I should go to Figi and i'm really tempted by that idea too.  Obviously, Australia is a popular choice also, but the cheaper the place is to live in the longer I can stay for.

Does anyone have an opinion?  I'd love to hear where you've all been. peace
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 07:55:27 PM »

Since you want to go to Chile, why not start with Papa Nui Guinea (sic), better known as Easter Island? It's at least 200 kms off the Chilean coast, but it's there.

You can mull things over good seafood and the omniscient presence of those big stone heads.

Maybe then, you will find that in this setting, you can find yourself.

peace

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 08:16:50 PM »

I spent some time traveling across Peru a number of years ago and it was absolutely magical. ?Also, all the people that I came across were just wonderful. ?I didn't speak any Spanish at the time, and it never seemed to be much of a problem, but then again, I was traveling with someone who was pretty fluent with the language.

If you decide on visiting North America, I'd recommend that you spend some time in Taos, New Mexico.

Anyway, all of the places you mentioned (Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Fiji and Australia) sound like great choices.

Just follow you're intuition and I hope you have a wonderful time. ?Smiley

Cheers,
W.R.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 08:33:18 PM »

Are you going with a friend or are you going to be by yourself?

I'd rent a motorcycle in each respective country and just hit the road and see everything I could.  Sure beats a tour guide....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 09:18:17 PM »

Las Vegas, Nevada!  ok
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 10:01:54 PM »

Blackpool

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 10:41:16 PM »

Russia. The women are incredibly beautiful and the vodka is excellent.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 11:13:32 PM »

Bloomington, Minnesota - go to the Mall Of America. If you haven't been there it should be cool, if you have, it'll blow.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 11:17:28 PM »

I'm learning Spanish so I can one day visit Chile, Argentina and Peru but it's too early to think about going there - i'll wait till i've mastered the language.

Nah...my friends just went down there, enough people speak English, you'll be fine.

Machu picchu:

You could hit the S Utah, and N Arizona and see all kinds of cool stuff:

Bryce Canyon:

Zion National Park:

Arches National Park:

North Rim Grand Canyon:

All those parks are within a few hours of one another, plus Vegas is close by too.

I'll be out that way on business in a week or so, maybe we could go skiing in the promised land (Salt Lake City Punk)?

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 11:21:18 PM »

i say go to Barbados or BoraBora or one of the islands of Hawaii may i sugest the one that is the smallest and the most ferthest away (can't remember name). Or Australia i've always wanted to go there.

OR

do this put all the places that you would like to go and write them on paper then put them in a hat and draw however many places you'd like to go to. or make a mock up of like the Wheel of Fortune hihi

i dont know if that helped but thats what i'd do yes

have a nice trip man beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 09:28:24 AM »

Danny, you should come to Canada.. Cheesy

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 09:40:03 AM »

hehe

canada is a massive trip tough.... lol

do BC for teh mountains, red deer alberta for teh women..... lots of young chicks doing nursing.... insanely high % of chicks......ottawa  for the beauty of the ottawa valley in the fall... and skating on the canal in winter. Montreal - quebec city that entire river valley is amazing in summer and fall. Quebec city at night is beautiful... a little taste of france in our own back yard..... but in QC you will need to know french cause they are fucking assholes and expect you to speak french even if they know english...... and they expect it where ever they go. montreal not as bad at all..... atlantic canada...... annapolis valley in southren Nova scotia is very beautiful might as well hit Halifax great bars and women, PEI...... apprenty its a tourist spot.... but its fucking gay IMO...... Newfoundland. the good ole rock. if you like history go to the top at St. Anothny to see a viking village. if you like geography stay to teh west of the island and see gros morne national park.... its norwegian fjords in north america..... truely spectacular, come east and its not bad... some great costal scenes..... then there is St. johns..... lots of women beautiful women.... and great bars....... and go to cape spear just out side and you wil be at the fartheset point east any land of NA extends....... pretty cool.... come in the fal..... late sept early oct hurricane season..... get some amazingly great weather.... mid to high 20s..... that like 70F +

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 10:30:08 AM »

hehe

do BC for teh mountains, red deer alberta for teh women..... lots of young chicks doing nursing.... insanely high % of chicks......ottawa? for the beauty of the ottawa valley in the fall... and skating on the canal in winter. Montreal - quebec city that entire river valley is amazing in summer and fall. Quebec city at night is beautiful... a little taste of france in our own back yard..... but in QC you will need to know french cause they are fucking assholes and expect you to speak french even if they know english...... and they expect it where ever they go. montreal not as bad at all..... atlantic canada...... annapolis valley in southren Nova scotia is very beautiful might as well hit Halifax great bars and women, PEI...... apprenty its a tourist spot.... but its fucking gay IMO...... Newfoundland. the good ole rock. if you like history go to the top at St. Anothny to see a viking village. if you like geography stay to teh west of the island and see gros morne national park.... its norwegian fjords in north america..... truely spectacular, come east and its not bad... some great costal scenes..... then there is St. johns..... lots of women beautiful women.... and great bars....... and go to cape spear just out side and you wil be at the fartheset point east any land of NA extends....... pretty cool.... come in the fal..... late sept early oct hurricane season..... get some amazingly great weather.... mid to high 20s..... that like 70F +

You Sir, sure know Canada.. ok

Yet you forgot to mention the necessity of visiting my hometown of Napanee, Ontario...also home to the ever famous, Avril Lavigne.. hihi
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 10:31:57 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 11:08:13 AM »

My suggestion:

Tokyo, Japan.

You want strange new cities...they don't get any stranger or newer. You can find thousand year old architecture sitting right next to brand new highrises.  It is, without a doubt, one of the most interesting cities I've ever been to.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Graciela
Oasis or Westlife, that's the question
Rocker

Show them no fear, show them no pain

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 01:39:31 PM »

Tokyo, yeah, good idea, bit expensive though.

If you wanna see many places in little time, why don?t you go on an around the world trip? That?s what antipodeans do when they go back home after been living and working in the UK for a few months. Check out the TNT magazine, plenty of companies that do it. This is one:

http://www.travelmood.com/Holidays/flights/rtw/rtwIntro.asp

I?d love to do that one day?

Maybe I'll get it right next time...
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 02:31:34 PM »

hehe

do BC for teh mountains, red deer alberta for teh women..... lots of young chicks doing nursing.... insanely high % of chicks......ottawa? for the beauty of the ottawa valley in the fall... and skating on the canal in winter. Montreal - quebec city that entire river valley is amazing in summer and fall. Quebec city at night is beautiful... a little taste of france in our own back yard..... but in QC you will need to know french cause they are fucking assholes and expect you to speak french even if they know english...... and they expect it where ever they go. montreal not as bad at all..... atlantic canada...... annapolis valley in southren Nova scotia is very beautiful might as well hit Halifax great bars and women, PEI...... apprenty its a tourist spot.... but its fucking gay IMO...... Newfoundland. the good ole rock. if you like history go to the top at St. Anothny to see a viking village. if you like geography stay to teh west of the island and see gros morne national park.... its norwegian fjords in north america..... truely spectacular, come east and its not bad... some great costal scenes..... then there is St. johns..... lots of women beautiful women.... and great bars....... and go to cape spear just out side and you wil be at the fartheset point east any land of NA extends....... pretty cool.... come in the fal..... late sept early oct hurricane season..... get some amazingly great weather.... mid to high 20s..... that like 70F +

You Sir, sure know Canada.. ok

Yet you forgot to mention the necessity of visiting my hometown of Napanee, Ontario...also home to the ever famous, Avril Lavigne.. hihi

lol true..... i could of also went into the the hell of driving across northern ontario....... lol and how retared the ppl in thunder bay are... lol not to mention north bay

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 02:42:16 PM »

you should check out Egypt there are some amazing landmarks around there!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 03:23:24 PM »

You gotta go to Australia, hands down, and go to Steve Irwin's Zoo, I would LOVE to go there someday

Axl is God.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 10:19:08 AM »

Thanks all for the advice, but i'm afraid i'm SNUBBING YOU ALL.

Vietnam wins! yes
mikesc
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 11:08:32 AM »

Excellent choice? ok , I was biking there 2 years ago and it was great. You might want to check out the "Open Tour" bus-ticket, its about 20$ I think, and you can go anywhere in the country either north-south or the other way round.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: