Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 10:38:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  SLASH To Appear In New PAULINA RUBIO Video
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SLASH To Appear In New PAULINA RUBIO Video  (Read 13356 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: January 16, 2007, 11:38:50 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash makes a special appearance in PAULINA RUBIO's video for "Nada Puede Cambiarme", the second single from the Mexican singer and actress' 2006 Spanish-language album "Ananda". The song, which was written by Fernando Montesinos, features Slash on guitar, and is the follow-up to Rubio's last single, "Ni Una Sola Palabra", which reportedly topped the charts in Mexico and Spain.

The "Nada Puede Cambiarme" clip was filmed in Los Angeles on January 9 and was directed by Dago Gonz?lez. In the video, Paulina appears as a bride dressed in pink.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 04:26:07 AM »

slash sure loves to get around  hihi
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 05:39:25 AM »

ive always thought slash was cool........however lately hes doing alot of lame things lol

html sucks
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 10:29:30 AM »

ive always thought slash was cool........however lately hes doing alot of lame things lol

Getting paid loads to play his guitar?

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 12:10:17 PM »

can anyone say washed-up sell-out?

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 12:10:39 PM »

Getting paid loads to play his guitar?

I'm not sure he gets anything for playin' on a Paulina Rubio song. Maybe free Jack.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 01:27:06 PM »

If youve always thought Slash was cool, youd probably be aware that Slash has always done projects such as this.

Contraband - 2X Platinum/#1 Billboard Top 200
"Fall To Pieces" - #1 Mainstream Rock Tracks/#2 Modern Rock Tracks
"Slither" - #1 Mainstream Rock Tracks/#1 Modern Rock Tracks/Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock Performance

ok
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 01:42:15 PM »

Contraband - 2X Platinum/#1 Billboard Top 200
"Fall To Pieces" - #1 Mainstream Rock Tracks/#2 Modern Rock Tracks
"Slither" - #1 Mainstream Rock Tracks/#1 Modern Rock Tracks/Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock Performance

ok

Can you say owned? rofl
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 02:11:04 PM »

i often wonder what people like you will say if there is a reunion Undecided especially since without each other nobody in the orig band prolly woulda amounted to much...and the current GnR certainly wouldnt even exist
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 02:12:57 PM by Neemo » Logged

Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 04:46:56 PM »

i often wonder what people like you will say if there is a reunion Undecided especially since without each other nobody in the orig band prolly woulda amounted to much...and the current GnR certainly wouldnt even exist

Agreed, Im sure all these guys would be all 'Oh man, I forgot how much of a legend Slash is' 'That Duff guy, hes amazing'.

And The Legend would never be heard from ever again.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 05:21:59 PM »

I've always loved Slash, I think he is an awsome guitar player but it has always pissed me off that he seems to play with everyone around. Playing with Dylan....cool Michael Jackson so-so (remember he played with him before the first kiddy scandal....but still). Iggy Pop fuckin' cool....this chick unless he's bangin' her what for ? (I've seen her, she's hot as hell). He's played with a shitload more people but I'm tipsy and can't remember> I do remember Axl being pissed off about this around 94-96.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 09:27:23 PM »

maybe Paulina let him hear the song, asked to play lead on it, he liked it, and so he agreed........who gives a flying fuck what Slash does beer

Personally, i'd like him to give the recordings of him, Izzy, Duff and Matt b4 Scott was in the fold, and give it Christina Aguilera, to see what she can do vocally  Undecided

She was a fan of GnR and according to them, it's the best GnR album ever Cheesy
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 03:47:30 AM »

I've always loved Slash, I think he is an awsome guitar player but it has always pissed me off that he seems to play with everyone around. Playing with Dylan....cool Michael Jackson so-so (remember he played with him before the first kiddy scandal....but still). Iggy Pop fuckin' cool....this chick unless he's bangin' her what for ? (I've seen her, she's hot as hell). He's played with a shitload more people but I'm tipsy and can't remember> I do remember Axl being pissed off about this around 94-96.

Because that's what guitarists do. Look at Carlos Santana, he's played with everybody and their mother.
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 11:04:19 AM »

this is just PATHETIC!!!

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 02:51:31 PM »

To each his own I guess, I haven't heard the song or seen the video so I can't say for sure. Personally, I really like some of Slash's oustside contributions and other I couldn't care less if I ever heard them again.

Pepole probally said that when they first heard Slash was going to play on Elan's cd, and looked how that turned out. That is some of Slash's most remarkable efforts, I my opinion anyways.

For the people calling Slash a sell-out, well I wonder what their opinion is of Richard Fortus when he  played for n-sync ?  I look at Richard's choice as a means of paying the bills, or perhaps he just likes n-sync, who knows.

Truth is Slash has palyed with a diverse group of musicians, whether it be Ray Charles or MotorHead, and will continue to do so with or without "our" approval.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 05:30:13 AM »

i have no idea what kind of music she makes, but damn if she isn't the hottest thing i've seen recently  ok

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 08:50:21 AM »

To each his own I guess, I haven't heard the song or seen the video so I can't say for sure. Personally, I really like some of Slash's oustside contributions and other I couldn't care less if I ever heard them again.

Pepole probally said that when they first heard Slash was going to play on Elan's cd, and looked how that turned out. That is some of Slash's most remarkable efforts, I my opinion anyways.

For the people calling Slash a sell-out, well I wonder what their opinion is of Richard Fortus when he? played for n-sync ?? I look at Richard's choice as a means of paying the bills, or perhaps he just likes n-sync, who knows.

Truth is Slash has palyed with a diverse group of musicians, whether it be Ray Charles or MotorHead, and will continue to do so with or without "our" approval.

ricarhd didnt played for n'sync
he played for a producer that sell the song to n'sync...
and the big difference is that slash have the money to pay  the bills he wants, richard doesnt had the money and also he is a STUDIO PLAYER.. that was his job
he doesnt contribute, he is payed to play.. just like josh freese

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 10:19:08 AM »

For the people calling Slash a sell-out, well I wonder what their opinion is of Richard Fortus when he  played for n-sync ?  I look at Richard's choice as a means of paying the bills, or perhaps he just likes n-sync, who knows.

Ok what the hell does  that have to do with anything? He only played on their albums to pay the bills and it was session work. It's not like he actually wanted to play with those guys. Slash on the other hand chooses to play with pop stars. That's the difference.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 10:46:14 AM »

Ok what the hell does  that have to do with anything? He only played on their albums to pay the bills and it was session work. It's not like he actually wanted to play with those guys. Slash on the other hand chooses to play with pop stars. That's the difference.

Nobody is forced to play with anybody.  The difference is not that one chooses to play with pop singers - they both made that choice.  Plenty of guitarists have "bills to pay," not all of them play with pop singers, so thats not the difference.  I dont think anybody here knows how financially comfortable either one is.  You could assume, but you could also be wrong.

What Slash does with these artists is session work as well.  Hes made it very clear that he enjoys working often and with many different musicians - hes done it for years and these appearences are perfectly consistent with that philosophy.  It also means that many of his fans wont be crazy about every choice. 
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 10:56:17 AM »

Nobody is forced to play with anybody.  The difference is not that one chooses to play with pop singers - they both made that choice.  Plenty of guitarists have "bills to pay," not all of them play with pop singers, so thats not the difference.  I dont think anybody here knows how financially comfortable either one is.  You could assume, but you could also be wrong.

When you make your living as a session musician (as Richard did back then) you have to go where the work is. And sometimes, yes, you are forced to play for people you wouldn't normally play for just to pay the bills. It's the same thing as you or I working for a boss you don't like just to get by. You have to suck it up and do what you gotta do. And if you think Richard was rich back then your nuts. I've read interviews from him from back around 2000 (when he was doing the Psychedelic Furs tour) where he said he had to play with these pop artists just to pay his rent and put food on the table. I really really doubt slash was in the same situation when he was doing pop artist sessions...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: