Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:31:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Led Zeppelin Thread
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Thread  (Read 109542 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #320 on: December 01, 2007, 02:12:31 PM »

Scott Goldberg of the Digital Media Wire reports that an anonymous reader tipped Bob Lefsetz, author of The Lefsetz Letter, yesterday about an interesting development in the live music world: "ZEPPELIN just confirmed for Bonnaroo. They can't officially announce until after the London gig so pass it on! Also METALLICA is confirmed on the bill too!"

Goldberg adds: "Anyone who has experienced the unique event that is Bonnaroo (or its younger sibling Vegoose) knows the four-day Manchester, Tennessee show's trademark is its eclectic mix of bands. Considered 'the largest hippy festival in the world,' as Andrew Stockdale, lead singer of WOLFMOTHER said onstage last June, the festival organizers always manage to add plenty of non-hippy artists. In 2007 there was also the addition of a 'classic' billing, the re-emergence of THE POLICE."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #321 on: December 01, 2007, 06:02:45 PM »

The Pulse of Radio reports: According to LED ZEPPELIN, the main reason for their upcoming reunion concert in London is to make up for several slipshod, unrehearsed reunion sets that they've played over the past three decades. In the new issue of Rolling Stone, which features surviving members Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones on the cover, the group salutes Jason Bonham, who'll be filling in for his late father John Bonham on drums at the upcoming gig.

Bonham, who now drums for FOREIGNER, says that he feels a duty to pay tribute to his dad, as well as to make up for what he felt was a lazy performance on his part during ZEPPELIN's 1988 set at the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary Concert in New York City. Bonham says that he was too young to properly rise to the occasion of filling his father's shoes that night, recalling, "I took it for granted. I expected it and didn't do my homework."

Plant agrees with Bonham: "When Jason was younger and more juvenile, he thought (playing in ZEPPELIN) was a hereditary situation. But now, Jason knows that not only is he the right guy for this ? with his enthusiasm and prowess, he's changing it."

John Paul Jones says that nearly 20 years after their last prolonged set together, Bonham has more than done his homework: "Jason has an encyclopedic recall of every live bootleg and studio outtake... Jason will go, 'In 1971, you did it this way, and in 1973, at so-and-so auditorium, you did it this way into that."

Page added that, "Jason knows the numbers. But not only that, he understands them. That makes a lot of difference."

The 100-minute plus set will not only feature such ZEPPELIN classics as "Whole Lotta Love", "Dazed And Confused", and "No Quarter", but also rarities as well. The band has been rehearsing "For Your Life", an album track from the band's 1976 album "Presence" that they have never before played live.

Despite numerous rumors that the band is plotting a 2008 tour, so far they are only booked to play one night, on December 10 at London's O2 Arena, at a tribute to Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun.

MTV.com reported that earlier this month THE CULT frontman Ian Astbury told a Cincinnati audience, "We'll be back next year, because we're opening for a band you may have heard of... the name starts with an 'L'and has a 'Z' in it." When an audience member called out "LED ZEPPELIN!" Astbury nodded and raised his fist in the air.

The most consistent rumor circulating regarding a ZEPPELIN tour is that Plant is waiting to see how well the band performs at the London gig before committing to any future concerts. He is also planning on performing solo dates with Alison Krauss behind their new album "Raising Sand", as well as plotting a new studio album with T-Bone Burnett.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #322 on: December 02, 2007, 12:29:05 PM »

It seem a lots of musicians/celebrities and people in the business are attending the December 10 show.
Maybe  GNR people as well?  Grin
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #323 on: December 03, 2007, 01:36:57 PM »

According to NME.com, LED ZEPPELIN are taking tips from ELTON JOHN ahead of their reunion next week (December 10).

The band will take the stage in London at the 02 Arena, which was converted into a gig venue after it began life as the Millennium Dome.

However, after seeing several concerts there, guitarist Jimmy Page admitted he may consult the rock 'n' roll knight in order to get the best sound.

"THE STONES sounded terrible [when they played there], PRINCE wasn't great, SNOW PATROL was just this great monolithic noise," Page told Q Magazine.

However John's performance at the venue impressed the guitarist and he admitted he may well seek out advice on how he pulled it off.

"The only guy who sounded OK in there was Elton John," explained Page. "So I may talk to his soundman."

anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #324 on: December 05, 2007, 05:32:03 AM »

oh wow im so happy i got the Email from the Ahmet website offering me the chance to buy a couple of tickets, and of course i accepted so i will be there on Monday

Happy Days

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #325 on: December 05, 2007, 08:01:47 AM »

^^  oh my god!! wow!! well done!! hope you have an AMAZING time. let us know what it was like!!   beer
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #326 on: December 05, 2007, 09:23:39 AM »

Cheers dude! I drink in your honor ... well, I would've anyway, but still, that is great news. Glad they didn't try to screw everyone.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #327 on: December 05, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »

oh wow im so happy i got the Email from the Ahmet website offering me the chance to buy a couple of tickets, and of course i accepted so i will be there on Monday

Happy Days

awesome man, have a great time and rock out for us all Smiley
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #328 on: December 05, 2007, 07:35:37 PM »

Happy Days

awesome!!!!!
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #329 on: December 05, 2007, 11:28:36 PM »

Happy Days

Congrat.

It shall be a glorious day. I can't fucking wait.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
Chief
Legend

« Reply #330 on: December 06, 2007, 01:09:01 AM »

Any chance you will give someone here live updates to post? that would rule!

Happy Days

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #331 on: December 09, 2007, 01:32:28 PM »

Ya is this going to be on TV, or broadcast on the Internet?...Does anyone know if live updates will be given? and is the timing the same? like Europe and North America?

Chief
Legend

« Reply #332 on: December 09, 2007, 02:35:15 PM »

i read somewhere that there would be a DVD release but there was no source so i have no idea if its true.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #333 on: December 09, 2007, 03:26:49 PM »

Ya but I mean so I can watch it tmw night

anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #334 on: December 09, 2007, 04:57:20 PM »

Just had to do a 140 mile round trip to collect my ticket and pass today we had to queue for 2 hours it finaly seems real.

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #335 on: December 09, 2007, 08:19:26 PM »

Just had to do a 140 mile round trip to collect my ticket and pass today we had to queue for 2 hours it finaly seems real.

Why didn't you pick it up tomorrow???
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #336 on: December 09, 2007, 10:44:27 PM »

because tomorrow we cant get there until after 5, and we was worried what the queues would be like, thinking about it now, i think most people have collected today so we probably would of been ok, anyhow now harm done in doing it the way i did, and at least i know we are 100% ok for getting in now.

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #337 on: December 09, 2007, 11:30:57 PM »

that is pretty sick!!!

i hope they open with THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME !!!

anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #338 on: December 10, 2007, 05:21:07 AM »

"cough" Minidisc Recorder "cough"

"cough" Audio Recording "cough"

"cough" i will post some updates "cough"

"cough" im excited "cough"

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #339 on: December 10, 2007, 05:49:20 AM »

the reunion ain't complete without 'since i've been loving you'. so go zep!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: