Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:34:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Led Zeppelin Thread
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Thread  (Read 109552 times)
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #300 on: November 02, 2007, 06:50:28 PM »

Led Zeppelin?s November 26th reunion concert has been pushed back to December 10th because guitarist Jimmy Page fractured his finger. The injury, which he sustained this past weekend, will make him unable to play guitar for the next three weeks. ?I am disappointed that we are forced to postpone the concert by two weeks,? Page said in a statement. ?However, Led Zeppelin have always set very high standards for ourselves, and we feel that this postponement will enable my injury to properly heal, and permit us to perform at the level that both the band and our fans have always been accustomed to.? Tickets bought for the original show will be honored on the new date, and refunds will also be available. This news sucks (especially since Page busted a finger in a train door in 1975 but soldiered on and continued to tour), but we?ve waited twenty-seven years for this show, so what?s another fourteen days? That is, of course, unless you already bought plane tickets and made hotel reservations.

good!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #301 on: November 02, 2007, 06:59:45 PM »

When the finger breaks
The show date has to change...

Sorry.

I wonder how many pissed off people are going to have to cancel travel arrangements or spend a few random days in London.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #302 on: November 03, 2007, 08:01:59 AM »

When the finger breaks
The show date has to change...

Sorry.

I wonder how many pissed off people are going to have to cancel travel arrangements or spend a few random days in London.

A lot, at this point I'm kinda happy I didn't win the tickets, cause I would have spent money I didn't have to see this show...

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #303 on: November 13, 2007, 12:59:02 PM »

The Pulse of Radio reports that Jimmy Page is confident that next month's LED ZEPPELIN reunion concert will finally give fans the same quality show that they performed during the band's heyday.

Page told Mojo that the band's inferior sets at Live Aid in 1985 and 1988's Atlantic Records 40th anniversary concert at Madison Square Garden were the reason that he demanded the band sweat out a competent and professional set in rehearsals. "I said that we could do it anywhere, anytime, provided there was enough commitment and rehearsal from all of us," he said. "I didn't want a repeat of Live Aid or the Atlantic (Records) thing. With Live Aid we came from our various incarnations with about an hour-and-a-half's rehearsal with (drummer Tony Thompson) who'd never played with before and then Phil Collins appears on stage as well. He was supposed to have been at rehearsals and he wasn't."

He said that the band's appearance at the 1988 Atlantic Records 40th anniversary concert in New York City with John Bonham's son Jason Bonham filling in for his dad wasn't much better. "At the Atlantic Records gig, we went on six hours late, so what are the chances of you peaking when you're jet lagged?"

Page went on to talk about the upcoming London show saying that the band will be playing beyond 90 minutes: "However long we play, it's going to be a fair representation of what we were about. I'm not sure if we were going to do tracks off all the albums. I don't want to give any secret(s) away."

John Paul Jones, who had publicly admitted that he felt excluded from Page and Robert Plant's mid-'90s reunion as a duo, said that he wasn't convinced that a ZEPPELIN reunion could be artistically authentic. "I was reluctant at first... but Robert and Jimmy persuaded me," he said. "I turned up at rehearsals, five days. Playing with Jason is great. He brings great energy and life to the whole thing. He's... a bloody good drummer, different from his dad but he knows the old bootlegs and everything."

Phil Collins, who drummed for ZEPPELIN at Live Aid, said that due to the fact that the legendary concerts were broadcast worldwide, it doesn't matter that the band had their lackluster set pulled from the recent Live Aid DVD, explaining that the footage will always exist in one form or another. "It wasn't their finest hour, and whether it's one of those things that they feel was bad enough on the day, but not to have repeated viewings ? I mean, everybody videoed it, and if anybody wants to see it, they've just got to get their video out and play it," he said. "So I don't think it's gonna stop people from thinking about it and watching it."

LED ZEPPELIN releases its new best-of collection, "Mothership", today (November 13).

LED ZEPPELIN will perform on December 10 at London's O2 Arena. The show marks the band's first full concert since their final show with John Bonham on July 7, 1980 in Berlin.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #304 on: November 13, 2007, 01:20:17 PM »

Channel 4 reports that LED ZEPPELIN may embark on a full-scale tour after their reunion gig, according to guitarist Jimmy Page.

The band, who are gearing up for their one-off show at the O2 arena in honour of Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun, are considering doing a string of dates as Page thinks it would be selfish of the band to put all their energy into just one gig.

"It's a bit silly not to because there is such massive demand," said Jimmy, who is resting up his injured finger, to Guitar World magazine.

"It's a bit selfish to do just one show. If that's it, we probably shouldn't have taken the genie out of the bottle."

KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #305 on: November 13, 2007, 01:35:32 PM »

Bring on the Led to the Global Tour. Grin

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #306 on: November 13, 2007, 02:14:29 PM »

I reckon Page n Jones will be wanting to do a full tour, but i really doubt Plant will do it willingly, he's the one that's been tryin to live zeppelin down n seems to resent bein asked about it constantly.
But on the plus side from the mojo article it seems likely plant will sing stairway for this show
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #307 on: November 13, 2007, 06:38:28 PM »

But on the plus side from the mojo article it seems likely plant will sing stairway for this show

I've got my fingers crossed for that!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #308 on: November 19, 2007, 02:32:21 PM »

LED ZEPPELIN's Jimmy Page has revealed the secret preparation that went into the band deciding to reform for their gig on December 10.

The guitarist explained that the band had a series of rehearsals they kept under wraps before confirming their return.

"We wanted to see how well we'd be playing together and once we played it was without doubt we wanted to do it," Page told BBC News.

He said that the rehearsals were "exhilarating" but it was tough keeping it a secret.

"The hardest thing of having anything to do with LED ZEPPELIN is getting together and rehearsing without anybody finding out about it," he explained.

The guitarist added that the band were then surprised by the response once they announced their return ? they will play just the one show at a tribute concert for Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun. It takes place at the O2 Arena in London.

"We were pretty confident it would sell out on the first day but the demand was totally overwhelming," said Page. "I don't think anyone expected that demand in their wildest dreams."

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #309 on: November 19, 2007, 02:51:40 PM »

THese fucker really need to do a full blown tour.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #310 on: November 20, 2007, 04:33:07 PM »

Gil Kaufman of MTV.com reports: It was one of those moments where all you can do is look at the guy next to you and wonder, "Did he really just say that?"

Is it possible that Ian Astbury, lead singer of '80s rock powerhouse THE CULT, spilled the beans on the biggest secret in rock ? during a club show in Cincinnati?

"We'll be back next year," a breathless Astbury said midway through the band's gig at Bogart's nightclub Saturday night. "Because we're opening for a band you may have heard of ... the name starts with an 'L' and has a 'Z' in it." Stunned looks bounced around the room until one sweat-drenched superfan shouted out the obvious: "LED ZEPPELIN!" Astbury, his eyes hidden behind dark shades, nodded affirmatively and stuck his hand in the air triumphantly before plowing into one of the band's signature Zeppelinesque rockers.

When asked about Astbury's seeming confirmation of the world tour, spokespeople for THE CULT and ZEPPELIN both declined to comment. ZEPPELIN's spokesperson added that no decision has been made on any LED ZEPPELIN tour and the band is focusing on its appearance at the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert in London on December 10; a CULT spokesperson declined to answer questions about Astbury's comment.

ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #311 on: November 20, 2007, 04:37:23 PM »

Anybody know if the Dec 10th show will broadcast on TV or Radio??
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #312 on: November 20, 2007, 04:45:57 PM »

Led xeppelin and The Cult touring would be fucking insane. Shocked Shocked Cool beer

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #313 on: November 23, 2007, 09:28:37 AM »

MonstersAndCritics.com reports that LED ZEPPELIN have denied they are planning a world tour in 2008.

The legendary rockers claim "no decision has been made" as to whether they will follow up their comeback concert at London's O2 arena on December 10 with a globetrotting series of shows.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #314 on: November 23, 2007, 03:56:51 PM »

Don't know if this hs been posted, but here is a Mick Wall piece about Zeppelin after the break up:

http://images.radcity.net/6340/2223135.pdf

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #315 on: November 23, 2007, 06:31:36 PM »

MAn I haven't read that in a long fucking time. Thanks for posting it up.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #316 on: November 24, 2007, 10:02:36 AM »

According to UK's The Sun, LED ZEPPELIN are rearranging classic tracks for their big reunion ? after aging frontman Robert Plant found he could no longer hit the high notes.

The rockers ? whose legendary 1976 live album was called "The Song Remains The Same" ? have been rehearsing songs in a lower key because 59-year-old Plant's voice is deeper.

The Sun's source revealed yesterday: "He and guitarist Jimmy Page have had a few heated discussions about the upcoming gig.

"Jimmy is a bit rusty and Robert has been struggling with the high notes. To avoid any embarrassing vocal wobbles with the world watching, they decided it would be best to transpose the songs in a lower key."

Next month's gig at London's O2 arena ? LED ZEP's first in 19 years ? was postponed by two weeks after Page, 63, broke a finger.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #317 on: November 24, 2007, 10:30:23 AM »

thats fair enough.

even brett micheals sings deeper now.

age seems to deepen most singers.

unlike steve tyler...the ultimate rock singer

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #318 on: November 24, 2007, 01:40:46 PM »

Lot of singers do that now

Jon Bon Jovi has been doing it almost all of the 21st century, Mainly due to his cigarrette smoking.......

Thats why Its so amazing guys like Tyler and Axl can still hit the notes maybe even better than they could in the old days.

Axl definitely sounds better now than anytime in the 90's.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #319 on: December 01, 2007, 12:41:17 PM »

This sounds amazing

According to ThrillNetwork.com, Discovery Myrtle Beach ? the web site that has brought official updates on the construction of the new Hard Rock Park in South Carolina ? has posted what looks to be the first test run of the new "Led Zeppelin - The Ride" roller coaster.

The 150-foot tall Bolliger & Mabillard-built looping coaster traversed its course without any issues, but did seem a bit sluggish in spots. Though many coasters are slower their first runs until they get broken in.

"This coaster is so high; I'm sure we're waking up a few pilots," Steven Goodwin, Hard Rock Park CEO, previously joked. "I swear I've seen a couple of planes take notice already, not to mention the drivers on Rt. 501."

Easily viewed as far away as the three highway bridges that surround the Park, Led Zeppelin - The Ride will tower more than 150 feet into the sky (15 stories tall), serving as a landmark that will help travelers pinpoint Hard Rock Park whether arriving by air or land. The ride is most notable for the iconic relationship with band members Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones, who have contributed to all aspects of Led Zeppelin - The Ride, including the ride's name, logo and overall look and feel of the vehicles.

Located in the Park's Rock & Roll Heaven zone, the signature steel roller coaster will thrill riders with a six-and-a-half minute experience, partially over water. Reaching speeds of 65 mph, the coaster will boast six breathtaking inversions, the largest of which will be a 120-foot loop. Every moment of the ride, including thrilling drops and loops, is timed to LED ZEPPELIN's hit single "Whole Lotta Love", creating an unprecedented sensory experience and an adrenaline rush rivaled only by a live LED ZEPPELIN concert.

The experience will begin in a huge silver airship, which is designed to make guests feel as if they are stepping onto the cover of LED ZEPPELIN's debut album. Once inside, band-related murals and props will adorn the walls, while music and videos play throughout the queue, leading to a "studio" area where guests will be treated to a moving, multimedia show before climbing aboard the coaster. As the ride begins its initial ascent, excitement will build in time with "Whole Lotta Love", which is pumped into each car, thanks to a high-fidelity on-board audio system.

Hard Rock Park will be an approximately 140-acre theme park boasting more than 40 attractions for rockers of all ages, including roller coasters, shows, children's play areas, restaurants, cafes and retail stores, a multi-purpose live music amphitheatre, and ultra-modern sound system specifically developed for the project, creating a totally immersive full-day experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxVRHlPJKH4&eurl=http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=85956

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: