Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:25:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Led Zeppelin Thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Thread  (Read 109495 times)
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2007, 12:37:12 AM »

I'm still trying guys and will keep you updated.? Thanks for your messages!!!! ok
Red, don't you live in london?...you should go down there and straighten it out in person...and you don't leave till you talk to the right person and make it happen! NO ONE messes with a one of our gunner dudes!   GOOOOOO RED!  You can make it happen!  "There out to get me...so they can suck me...i'm fucking innocent!"

Chief
Legend

« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2007, 02:49:39 AM »

here's an old video i have never seen before... man, they were so amazing in their prime!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkgRLfOxkXQ

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #282 on: October 11, 2007, 02:13:12 PM »

I'm still trying guys and will keep you updated.? Thanks for your messages!!!! ok
Red, don't you live in london?...you should go down there and straighten it out in person...and you don't leave till you talk to the right person and make it happen! NO ONE messes with a one of our gunner dudes!? ?GOOOOOO RED!? You can make it happen!? "There out to get me...so they can suck me...i'm fucking innocent!"

I don't actually live in London, I'm a couple of hours away.

I have contacted LOADS of people who are very relevant and very well connected to the band and management etc personally but I'm afraid it really does seem like all hope is dead.

I am lucky enough to be attending the Classic Rock Awards on November 5th where Jimmy Page is guest of honour - so I will try a personal plea - but obviously by that time my original tickets will be gone as the second ballot (which will include my tix) is tomorrow.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #283 on: October 11, 2007, 08:13:01 PM »

I'm still trying guys and will keep you updated.  Thanks for your messages!!!! ok
Red, don't you live in london?...you should go down there and straighten it out in person...and you don't leave till you talk to the right person and make it happen! NO ONE messes with a one of our gunner dudes!   GOOOOOO RED!  You can make it happen!  "There out to get me...so they can suck me...i'm fucking innocent!"

I have contacted LOADS of people who are very relevant and very well connected to the band and management etc personally but I'm afraid it really does seem like all hope is dead.

I am lucky enough to be attending the Classic Rock Awards on November 5th where Jimmy Page is guest of honour - so I will try a personal plea - but obviously by that time my original tickets will be gone as the second ballot (which will include my tix) is tomorrow.

That is just awful they can screw you over like that.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #284 on: October 12, 2007, 03:59:24 PM »

Red, don't you live in london?...you should go down there and straighten it out in person...and you don't leave till you talk to the right person and make it happen! NO ONE messes with a one of our gunner dudes!? ?GOOOOOO RED!? You can make it happen!? "There out to get me...so they can suck me...i'm fucking innocent!"

don't give up yet. read this article on the problems people had with the promoter...

Led Zep Ticket Snafu Gets Ugly
Updated 01:55 PDT Fri, Oct 12 2007
Legendary rock promoter Harvey Goldsmith is in a head-to-head fight with furious Led Zeppelin fans whose tickets for the November 26 show at The O2 in London will be canceled.
 His harveygoldsmith.com site is being inundated with complaints from ticket-holders that the original terms and conditions of his ballot - in which the winners were given a code enabling them to purchase tickets - didn't make it clear that they also had to pay with their own credit cards.
 Nearly 600 comments have been posted on Goldsmith's blog page, while the world-famous promoter has rounded on eBay for allowing winners to sell their codes.
 People who bought passcodes have been ringing Ticketmaster and paying for their tickets with their own credit cards, although the name on those cards wouldn't have matched that of the original ballot winner.
 These are the tickets that Goldsmith intends to cancel.
 "We sell tickets on behalf of the promoter and act according to his instructions," Ticketmaster PR and communications manager Rosie Hills told Pollstar. She declined to comment on the hundreds of messages online.
 "I read and re-read all of the terms and conditions fastidiously and came to the conclusion I was doing nothing illegal or in violation of the rules by buying the passcode," said one of the many writers who claimed to be a lawyer.
 "Of course I realise this circumvents the 'spirit of the rules,' but as a lawyer, I know that in a court of law, 'the spirit' does not hold up," the Web posting continued. The main charge is that Goldsmith changed the rules after the ballot, and did so after realizing he left a huge loophole.
 One writer vented his anger by saying that all who have their tickets canceled "will surely sue the living knickers off Mr. Goldsmith." A teenager who won a passcode said he wasn't old enough to have a credit card, so his father bought the tickets with his.
 One disgruntled blogger with some artistic flair superimposed the heads of Glastonbury chief Michael Eavis and Goldsmith on a mock-up cover of a "Beavis and Butt-Head" comic, amending the title to read "Eavis and Butt-Head."
 Goldsmith's decision to cancel the tickets is based on the premise that "it is painfully obvious that if the ticket is not transferable then the method of obtaining the ticket is not transferable either."
 Some fans point out that they must be genuine Led Zeppelin fans if they're prepared to pay more than face value, something they wouldn't have done if they had any inkling that the ticket would be canceled.
 Goldsmith was not immediately responding to requests for further comment.

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #285 on: October 12, 2007, 08:58:53 PM »

What if you get sick before the show?

Instead of having a friend enjoy the show, you have no alternative but to let your tickets simply go to waste?

Huh

Seems absolutely absurd to me.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #286 on: October 12, 2007, 10:00:36 PM »

What's more absurd is they're charging people ?100+ to see a band.

I'd love to have seen Led Zeppelin but, how the fuck am I supposed to afford that?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #287 on: October 13, 2007, 04:16:58 AM »

I think I remember that the tickets for the '77 tour were $8.50, and that was high for then.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #288 on: October 18, 2007, 08:42:31 AM »

Led Zep to make new music?

Jimmy Page has not ruled out the possibility of Led Zeppelin recording new songs, following the legendary rockers' reunion.
Led Zeppelin, minus the long-deceased John Bonham, will return for a one-off gig at the O2 Arena in London next month.

"Look, I'd be really surprised if there wasn't - you know, I mean I just know the way we are. We're musicians ... as we're playing we'll probably be coming up with all manner of things," Page said. "And that will be fun. I mean that's what it's all about. Let's do the O2 show, shall we? And then we'll speak to you afterward."

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #289 on: October 28, 2007, 01:29:51 PM »

Wow, Led Zeppelin are on iTunes.

?60 for everything they ever released.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Red1
VIP

« Reply #290 on: October 28, 2007, 08:19:18 PM »

UPDATE!!!

The promoters decided to validate all the tickets that were gonna be cancelled.  SO I AM GOING TO SEE LED ZEP ON NOV 26TH!!!!

Great timing cause it was my dad birthday today and I was able to give him the best present he's ever had!  I think he nearly fainted/creid/shit himself all at once LOL.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #291 on: October 28, 2007, 08:40:18 PM »

UPDATE!!!

The promoters decided to validate all the tickets that were gonna be cancelled.? SO I AM GOING TO SEE LED ZEP ON NOV 26TH!!!!

Great timing cause it was my dad birthday today and I was able to give him the best present he's ever had!? I think he nearly fainted/creid/shit himself all at once LOL.

awesome man, i'm really sincerely happy for you  Smiley
Red1
VIP

« Reply #292 on: October 28, 2007, 08:53:30 PM »

UPDATE!!!

The promoters decided to validate all the tickets that were gonna be cancelled.? SO I AM GOING TO SEE LED ZEP ON NOV 26TH!!!!

Great timing cause it was my dad birthday today and I was able to give him the best present he's ever had!? I think he nearly fainted/cried/shit himself all at once LOL.

awesome man, i'm really sincerely happy for you? Smiley

Thank you!  And thanks to everyone that had their fingers crossed for me!!!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #293 on: October 28, 2007, 08:56:02 PM »

Man, I'm sure you'll have the time of your life.

I'm glad one from our board will be there...

I wish I could be there...

Cry

sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #294 on: October 28, 2007, 09:01:45 PM »

UPDATE!!!

Great timing cause it was my dad birthday today and I was able to give him the best present he's ever had!? I think he nearly fainted/creid/shit himself all at once LOL.

awesome man, i'm really sincerely happy for you? Smiley

This is the best news I've heard all day too! Rock on!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #295 on: October 28, 2007, 09:10:40 PM »

That is great news and awesome for your dad. I hope you have a great time!
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #296 on: October 28, 2007, 11:21:08 PM »

UPDATE!!!

i see luck goes your way again.

wonder how many tickets will end up on ebay now though, since passcode names and credit card names won't match.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Red1
VIP

« Reply #297 on: October 29, 2007, 05:35:33 AM »

UPDATE!!!

i see luck goes your way again.

wonder how many tickets will end up on ebay now though, since passcode names and credit card names won't match.

You still have to show the credit card that was used to book the tickets along with a state issued photo ID, so it's still pretty damn hard to sell them.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #298 on: October 29, 2007, 08:47:24 AM »

Glad you get to go. ok

I am "green with envy". drool

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #299 on: November 01, 2007, 05:52:30 PM »

Led Zeppelin?s November 26th reunion concert has been pushed back to December 10th because guitarist Jimmy Page fractured his finger. The injury, which he sustained this past weekend, will make him unable to play guitar for the next three weeks. ?I am disappointed that we are forced to postpone the concert by two weeks,? Page said in a statement. ?However, Led Zeppelin have always set very high standards for ourselves, and we feel that this postponement will enable my injury to properly heal, and permit us to perform at the level that both the band and our fans have always been accustomed to.? Tickets bought for the original show will be honored on the new date, and refunds will also be available. This news sucks (especially since Page busted a finger in a train door in 1975 but soldiered on and continued to tour), but we?ve waited twenty-seven years for this show, so what?s another fourteen days? That is, of course, unless you already bought plane tickets and made hotel reservations.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: