Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:24:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This I Love...any info or rumor please post
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: This I Love...any info or rumor please post  (Read 7215 times)
MJRoses23
Rocker

JORDAN FOR THE WIN!!!

« on: January 24, 2007, 01:19:39 AM »

Ive read on about 20 different topics about various rumors surrounding this song and it almost seems to be as mythical as the album itself.

So instead of trying to search every topic i wanted to make one where whoever has heard somethin about this track post what theyve heard, and Ill start.

It was supposed to be on the "What Dreams May Come" soundtrack.

Again this is just a thread to pretty much gather as much info about the track as possible, and have it all right here.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 01:23:50 AM by MJRoses23 » Logged

"Its not how hard you push along the way...its having something left to finish"

-Michael Jordan
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 03:03:09 AM »

If I remember right it was supposed to be the deepest song lyric wise, that Axl had ever written.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 07:30:39 AM »

It hasn't mean mentioned by any band member in about 7 or 8 years. It is supposedly a piano driven ballad of 4-6 minutes in length and as Mr I said Axl said it was the deepest song he had ever written back in 94 or 95.

There was an intersting thread on Roses of Velvet the other day about This I love, where it was speculated This I love is now possibly The Blues.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 07:47:17 AM »

Wasnt bach raving about Sorry a couple of months ago?Saying how awesome it was?

Jeez when will CD be out guys  Sad
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 09:10:40 AM »

It hasn't mean mentioned by any band member in about 7 or 8 years. It is supposedly a piano driven ballad of 4-6 minutes in length and as Mr I said Axl said it was the deepest song he had ever written back in 94 or 95.

There was an intersting thread on Roses of Velvet the other day about This I love, where it was speculated This I love is now possibly The Blues.

Given that Buckmaster mentioned This I Love by name in 2005 they're not the same song.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 09:18:22 AM »

I think there was a rumour about This I Love being played during UYI-tour as an intro to November Rain.. or as a part of the intro.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 09:19:35 AM »

I think there was a rumour about This I Love being played during UYI-tour as an intro to November Rain.. or as a part of the intro.

It's also rumoured that This I Love is being played by Axl in one of the Making Fuckin Videos (Don't Cry?).

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 09:25:55 AM »

It's also rumoured that This I Love is being played by Axl in one of the Making Fuckin Videos (Don't Cry?).

Really? Never heard that one.. but for now, it's just unnecessary to try to find it somewhere, it could be anything. And would it even be the same as it is now, or even as it was '94-'95..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 09:26:11 AM »

I thought it was the making of Estanged when Dizzy speaks and it is playing in the background, im not sure, i ask the same question on another forum and that was the reply i got. Grin

"to live with fortune and fame"
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 09:32:49 AM »

Howard Karp worked on the song in 2000. His discography lists him as an assistant engineer to Roy Thomas Baker and Caram Constanzo.

Grog Mug actually spoke with him via e-mail, this was Karp's response on the experience:

"it was very boring, sorry to say, just axl and his piano (no singing) and a bunch of idiots running around catering to him and stroking him.

i don't know if they'll ever release anything... shame."

It's kind of funny, considering. The lyrics (as well as much of the composing) was arguably done by 1998, when the song was to be featured on the What Dreams May Come soundtrack. Fastforward two years and their back into tinkering with the piano tunes.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 10:18:06 AM »

It's kind of funny, considering. The lyrics (as well as much of the composing) was arguably done by 1998, when the song was to be featured on the What Dreams May Come soundtrack. Fastforward two years and their back into tinkering with the piano tunes.

That pretty much crystallizes what the whole experience has been like for everyone, both band and fans alike.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 10:35:13 AM »

that's from an article of Splat, July 2005:

'This I Love', a song originally destined for the soundtrack of 'What Dreams May Come', is also likely to feature on the new album, and is regarded as another of Axl's personal favourites. The piano-led ballad has historically been described by Axl as the heaviest song he has ever written (emotionally speaking). The song, which was originally penned during the 1990's, is described by Dave Dominguez as a "very heartfelt' love song of about 5 minutes or more in length.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 12:02:01 PM »

that turned out to be an eric clapton song.

I think Axl tried to get it on to the "What Dreams May Come" movie but it was rejected, i think it was described as "a medicore piano ballad"
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 12:09:43 PM »

There is an interesing quote on Dave Dominguez's Myspace discography:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=4004825&blogID=123355255&MyToken=44c4ca83-56cd-44dd-9157-94804f444529

GUNS N'ROSES

Forthcoming Release? (Geffen/Interscope)

Various Tracks?

(I was the first engineer when the went into the studio for this new record-almost 9! years ago- nothing I did is left- but I was there
I wonder is he talking about the songs or just his parts?

According to Wikipedia he mentioned working on This I Love and The Ides Of March.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 12:15:33 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 12:10:53 PM »

"Jeez when will CD be out guys"

Never?  Huh
Chief
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 12:54:49 PM »

I'm surprised no one asked about this song over the last year to any of the band members, since many people met them and what not...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 01:12:58 PM »

I'm surprised no one asked about this song over the last year to any of the band members, since many people met them and what not...

I thought one of the band members said it was their favorite song on the album?
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 01:13:16 PM »

Really? Never heard that one.. but for now, it's just unnecessary to try to find it somewhere, it could be anything. And would it even be the same as it is now, or even as it was '94-'95..

I have all three of those old tapes.  I might have to check that out.

stan1ey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 01:13:23 PM »

I did but don't recall getting a response.
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 01:14:32 PM »

that's from an article of Splat, July 2005:

'This I Love', a song originally destined for the soundtrack of 'What Dreams May Come', is also likely to feature on the new album, and is regarded as another of Axl's personal favourites. The piano-led ballad has historically been described by Axl as the heaviest song he has ever written (emotionally speaking). The song, which was originally penned during the 1990's, is described by Dave Dominguez as a "very heartfelt' love song of about 5 minutes or more in length.

If this is true, then it is obviously not The Blues.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: