Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:05:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Current GNR lineup or old?(Changed name due to smart asses)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Current GNR lineup or old?(Changed name due to smart asses)  (Read 15498 times)
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2007, 07:32:18 AM »

I like the current lineup best. But that could be cos i was born when GN'r were just hittin' the scene, and so never got chance the see the original lineup live.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2007, 07:57:39 AM »

i still think of them as new guns n roses. Because they a totally different line up, appearing nearly 10 years since gnr did anything proper. the 2001 tour i exclude cause that was just shit.

html sucks
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2007, 04:30:37 PM »

original line-up all the way smoking

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2007, 07:56:21 PM »

i still think of them as new guns n roses. Because they a totally different line up, appearing nearly 10 years since gnr did anything proper. the 2001 tour i exclude cause that was just shit.

That is something relative, in my opinion.

AFTER the show in Wembley 31st, 1991, there were THE SAME NUMBER of true original band members than there are now: ONE (1): W. Axl Rose.

No one calls the band that played in Chicago '92 ''new guns n' roses''.

dont we forget that the first GNR lineup was this:

http://www.gnrontour.com/sets1985/19850326flyer.jpg

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2007, 02:17:35 AM »

AFTER the show in Wembley 31st, 1991, there were THE SAME NUMBER of true original band members than there are now: ONE (1): W. Axl Rose.

Thanks for that. What albums did they release and where can I get them? What tours did they do and where can I see them? Are these the guys that took over the world from 1987 onwards? 

Why bring up these guys? Do you bait Metallica fans because Ron McGovney is no longer in the band?

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2007, 05:20:46 PM »

Best line up was AFD , the most attitude and just fresh young thing going on... Adler was the only let down to that though if I could pick n choose it be

Axl , Slash , Duff, Izzy and Sorum
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2007, 05:37:41 PM »

But let's face is GNR is not, never was and never will be a great live-band, in the true sense of the word.

What in the world do you mean? Do you really mean what the words say? I am in shock.
And what  does "in the true sense of the word" mean?
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2007, 06:23:54 PM »

Best line up was AFD , the most attitude and just fresh young thing going on... Adler was the only let down to that though if I could pick n choose it be

Axl , Slash , Duff, Izzy and Sorum

Sorums shit...love Adlers drummin..matts a robot man..he hits hard and he's precise..but no groove..Stevens awesome shit man

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2007, 02:30:40 AM »

Thanks for that. What albums did they release and where can I get them? What tours did they do and where can I see them? Are these the guys that took over the world from 1987 onwards? 

Why bring up these guys? Do you bait Metallica fans because Ron McGovney is no longer in the band?

How many bass players were in Metallica? Correct me if I'm wrong

* Ron McGovney
* Cliff Burton
* Jason Newsted
* Robert Trujillo

So, you want me to believe that the ''Black Album'' is an album from ''New New Metallica'' (see the TWO ''new'')

Accept it: a band is a band no matter if they have an album or if they ''take over the world'' like you said. A band is a band even when its lineup changes. Not accepting this is a very inmature attitude.

The easiest way to deal with this subject is calling the band, all lineups, by its own (and only) name: Guns N' Roses. Who are you to  descredit the roots, the honor and the career of a band, by modifying its name, just because you cant accept the reality of the present?

If you dont like the current lineup, feel free to say it. But you should say ''I dont like Guns N' Roses'', because THAT is the name of the band (since Tracii Guns, until now)

Mr.Brownstone7
Opening Act

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2007, 04:10:58 AM »

estebanf you must be comfused

first you say that after the 08.31.91 show there was only 1 true original band member...ok that was a joke

then you say all this stuff about the lineups....guns n roses is not a football team man...the way you feel it, guns n roses will last forever even when all the members new and old die.....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 04:31:08 AM by Mr.Brownstone7 » Logged

sex, drugs & guns n roses
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2007, 05:12:55 AM »

Guns N' Roses will die the day Axl dies. That's all.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2007, 05:36:13 AM »

I'm talking about live performance, and please only people who have seen both GNR in 2006 and pre-1994.

I am very curious to see the results.
New all the way...atleast when they are fucked up they still can perform properly the old band couldn't.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2007, 07:03:32 AM »

Why though? If all you guys can say that GNR can keep going because the band name is the same irrespective of whos in it, when why not if Axl leaves, dies or whatever?

If we are going to be picky....

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Mr.Brownstone7
Opening Act

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2007, 07:44:13 AM »

I'm talking about live performance, and please only people who have seen both GNR in 2006 and pre-1994.

I am very curious to see the results.
New all the way...atleast when they are fucked up they still can perform properly the old band couldn't.

i think youre wrong
but even if you are not thats not a fact to support your opinion

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2007, 08:02:36 AM »

Why though? If all you guys can say that GNR can keep going because the band name is the same irrespective of whos in it, when why not if Axl leaves, dies or whatever?

Because he is the voice and face of the band. Always have (altough Slash was one of the faces too).

Who else could sing GN'R songs ? His voice is familiar to thousends of people arround the world, and it is pretty unique.

To me he's the soul of the band,

But that's just my humble opinion Wink

Besides, I don't think that GNR can keep going because the band name is the same irrespective of who's in it, because when you say that, it sounds like you could put basically anybody at any place in the band and it would still be GN'R. I never said that.

Axl+Tommy+Dizzy+Robin are the core of the current lineup. They've been together for more than 10 years now. All the other changes are what was needed to create the band we have today. They took the core and they worked with countless musicians. Some stayed, some left and we've all witnessed that.

We've seen a new GN'R emerging in 2001, then a slightly different band in 2002 (exit Tobias, welcome Richard). Then again, a new one in 2006 (bye Bucket, hello Ron). And during the tour, Frank joined to fill in for Brain.

It's not a revolving cast, to me.

Long live GN'R.
Mr.Brownstone7
Opening Act

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2007, 08:21:12 AM »

they are together for 10 years?
where is their work

axl+duff+izzy+slash where together for 6 years they sold millions of albums, millions of people went to their shows and we still talk about their music

oh i forgot tommy and robin still play their songs

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2007, 08:28:08 AM »

they are together for 10 years?
where is their work

You're about to have it Wink

Long live GN'R.
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2007, 01:06:42 PM »

rofl
this is a funny topic with a lot of funny posts.

There are those who claim that GN'R is Axl, Steven, Slash, Duff and Izzy. Everything else dos not count.
OK, guys your GN'R stopped to exist 1991 when Dizzy joined the band and when Izzy later left and was replaced by Gilby.
So you are living for 16 years already without "your" GN'R. Cool. Die hard fans - and still here. (A little joke!!!)

Now honestly.
I think we should move on and repect this band, the one that is "Guns N' Roses". And we should give them time. When the CD hit the stores we can discuss everything, but I am 100% sure that there will be some guys who really enjoy the album will say that it would have sounded better with the old members.
And those never ending threads like "does Robin (or any other member) fit in the band" or "is he (any member of the band) really capable of playing this or that".
These questions can be answered with YES!!!
Is Steven capable of staying clean, can Slash play some really cool tunes on the next VR album, can Matt do some heavy drumming..........
Some of these questions can be answered with NO!!!

Don't live in the past. Everyone of the members, the current ones and the former ones are doing what they want to do right now. The former members are playing in a different band. Some of us like them, some not. It's up to you.
It is also up to you if you like the new songs done by GN'R or not. But to call the band "Axl's band" is ignorant and ridiculous. If you want to critisize, you will have to use arguments, not "They are not GN'R!"

That's all.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2007, 06:50:39 PM »

estebanf you must be comfused

first you say that after the 08.31.91 show there was only 1 true original band member...ok that was a joke

then you say all this stuff about the lineups....guns n roses is not a football team man...the way you feel it, guns n roses will last forever even when all the members new and old die.....

First of all:

There is one thing that is A FACT: After 08.31.91 (to be more precise, since the first show at the Worcester Centrum, in December 1991), Guns N' Roses had THE SAME number of ORIGINAL members than it has now. You may think that this is irrelevant, but you CANT say I'm lying. Who's that only original band member? W. Axl Rose.

About lineups: Axl Rose (with other people, ''people'' where Slash, Duff and Matt are not included) created a band called Guns N' Roses. He never left the band. He wrote the big majority of the stuff. He has the 100% of the rights of the name ''Guns N' Roses''. He didn't fire Slash nor Duff. That was their choice. So, why you tell me ''this is not a football team''? Things are quite clear: this band is called Guns N' Roses (legally, and by heritage), no matter how many tantrums you throw. ''Your GNR'' exists if Slash is there. You cant accept that GNR existed before Slash, and exists right now, without him.

How many lineup changes has Black Sabbath suffered? Is there one person in the world that calls Tony Iommi's band  ''New Black Sabbath''? AC/DC changed its vocalist and it is still AC/DC. Bon Scott never ''took over the world'' with AC/DC like Brian Johnson did with ''Back In Black''. Does that fact descredit Bon Scott as a true AC/DC former member, and convert Brian Johnson in an ''original'' AC/DC band member? Does that modifies AC/DC name? Of course NOT.

Bands are bands. The way that bands are named its not your decision. Accept it. And WHO are the original band members is not your desicion neither. Accept it. The bands have ONE name and have ONE original lineup. These are not arguable things: these are FACTS.

danielgnr
Opening Act

Human being

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »

an almost garage band can't be considered the first Gn'r... Ole, Rob, Tracii, are irrelevant in gn'r history, they got nothing, even a demo.
Gn'r glorius history stars with when Slash and Duff join to Axl and Izzy and of course Steven...
My favourite line up is when Dizzy, Gilby and Matt join the band, I love the 90's because that's when I discovered Gn'r.
I like the actual lineup, but it's not the same, if you are an old gunner you'll understand what I'm saying... if you're a young fan it's ok, but Robin and the other guys, never, ever could replace Slash and co.
I like the actual lineup, I believe Axl was the brain behind Gn'r... but I I had preferred that Axl named his band anything else...
Guns n' roses died several years ago.
This is just my point of view... Peace guys? ok

I'm not tryin' to make things worse but you're thinkin' in reverse
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: