Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:27:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Current GNR lineup or old?(Changed name due to smart asses)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Current GNR lineup or old?(Changed name due to smart asses)  (Read 15542 times)
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 08:33:32 AM »

the new band is more ok to be together then the old band

im sure there were times when slash and duff wanted to walk out, and couldnt, because of the money that it would have cost

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
wadey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 01:07:14 PM »

This current lineup sounds 1000 times better than any of the previous.

That's what my heart and my ears tell me.

time to get some more ears  Grin

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 02:39:40 AM »

no.

If you can talk without envolving any nostalgia, I think we all have to admit that this current lineup sounds (live) way better than any of the previous.

You may prefer Slash than Finck. You may think that Adler was more likeable than Brain. You can think that Duff used to look cooler than Tommy. You can think that, without the old guys, now the magic is lost. But as a whole band, this one is notably better and more skillful/talented than any of the previous lineups.

I know its hard to admit this for a hard die fan that grown up listening to the old band. But this band (hopefully) sounds a lot better. This is something that makes me very happy, because I dont like to live in the past. I'm really proud that my favourite band sounds this good.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 05:44:20 AM »

If you can talk without envolving any nostalgia, I think we all have to admit that this current lineup sounds (live) way better than any of the previous.

agreed.   it is undeniable that the current lineup plays most of the old material better than any other lineup.     beer
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 05:51:20 AM »

Personally I dont think it sounds better than the old band because theres not a lot of soul, and to me thats far more important than technical proficiency.

And for those that say they can play the songs better, well there are 3 guitarists. They didnt need that in the old days. Plus theres always the point that these guys didnt even write the songs that they play.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 06:45:08 AM »

Plus theres always the point that these guys didnt even write the songs that they play.

that has absolutely fuck all to do with how good it sounds live.  ok
TheMole
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 08:04:56 AM »

and

agreed.   it is undeniable that the current lineup plays most of the old material better than any other lineup.     beer

Partly correct, IMHO, I don't think this band plays the material any better, they do sound better most of the time (fuller, heavier, harder, the guitars are properly tuned, etc...). I still feel three guitars is too much though, especially the shredding tends to make it sound sloppy.

But let's face is GNR is not, never was and never will be a great live-band, in the true sense of the word.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 08:11:41 AM »

But let's face is GNR is not, never was and never will be a great live-band, in the true sense of the word.

Finally someone said it hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 09:07:46 AM »

Plus theres always the point that these guys didnt even write the songs that they play.

that has absolutely fuck all to do with how good it sounds live.? ok

Lol, your a classic. If you play something with soul thats close to you personally then it evokes that little bit more than someone shredding on a cover version. Thats what I think at least   ok

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 10:51:42 AM »

that has absolutely fuck all to do with how good it sounds live.  ok

Lol, your a classic. If you play something with soul thats close to you personally then it evokes that little bit more than someone shredding on a cover version. Thats what I think at least   ok

its you're not your  Roll Eyes

IMO, GNR plays the older material stronger than its preceding lineups.    Of course this is a matter of personal opinion.     Just because its not the original doesn't mean it can't be better.   you have to be one of the most closed-minded 'GNR fans' on these boards.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 11:00:40 AM »

that has absolutely fuck all to do with how good it sounds live.? ok

Lol, your a classic. If you play something with soul thats close to you personally then it evokes that little bit more than someone shredding on a cover version. Thats what I think at least? ?ok

its you're not your? Roll Eyes

IMO, GNR plays the older material stronger than its preceding lineups.? ? Of course this is a matter of personal opinion.? ? ?Just because its not the original doesn't mean it can't be better.? ?you have to be one of the most closed-minded 'GNR fans' on these boards.

Lol, I'm one of the most closed-minded fans? Jeez, mate 'pot and kettle' I feel.  rofl

Thanks for the grammar correction. If you have to start picking people's grammar apart as a comeback...well, thats kind of sad is it not?

Its 'GNR' fans not 'GNR fans' as far as I'm concerned if we are are being picky about apostrophes...

wadey
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 05:17:02 PM »

time to get some more ears? Grin

no.

You may prefer Slash than Finck. You may think that Adler was more likeable than Brain. You can think that Duff used to look cooler than Tommy. You can think that, without the old guys, now the magic is lost. But as a whole band, this one is notably better and more skillful/talented than any of the previous lineups.

I know its hard to admit this for a hard die fan that grown up listening to the old band. But this band (hopefully) sounds a lot better. This is something that makes me very happy, because I dont like to live in the past. I'm really proud that my favourite band sounds this good.

the old band had a more metal sound which suited that era of music and the new bands style suits the current rock style we have today, but as for the new guys sounding 1000 times better, you must be on drugs...i see your too young to have seen the old line up which is a shame, and because of that reason you are more likely to appreciate the current line up better than the previous....as with most of the younger fans, where us old gits will mostly pick the original guys. on a personal note i think both GNR's are fucking awesome at what they do.... Wink

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2007, 11:58:55 PM »

no.

the old band had a more metal sound which suited that era of music and the new bands style suits the current rock style we have today, but as for the new guys sounding 1000 times better, you must be on drugs...i see your too young to have seen the old line up which is a shame, and because of that reason you are more likely to appreciate the current line up better than the previous....as with most of the younger fans, where us old gits will mostly pick the original guys. on a personal note i think both GNR's are fucking awesome at what they do.... Wink

I went to JUST ONE Guns N' Roses concert. Just one.

It was the 17th of july, 1993, the fourth and last time GNR played in my country. I have NEVER seen the new lineup live.

Anyway, I still strongly think that this new lineup sounds way better than any of the previous. If there is ONE THING that this new lineup has failed in all these years (2001/2006), that was Axl's vocal irregularity. The instrumental part of the band sounded almost flawless since the first day. If Axl sounded nowadays EXACTLY like he did in 1992 (for example), this thread wouldn't be created.

Oh, and I also collect bootlegs, and I have took the time of listening all the concerts that are available from 1985 to the present. My opinion is based on what I hear, not on nostalgia. I dont know why you are trying to make me look like a noob kid that has discovered GNR yesterday.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 12:00:43 AM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
wadey
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2007, 07:39:01 AM »

I dont know why you are trying to make me look like a noob kid that has discovered GNR yesterday.

you did a fine job by yourself by saying the new band sounds 1000 better.........and you expect people to take you seriously, im not bashing you on a personal note, and everyone has there fav line up etc etc, just a comment like that is like saying you know fuck all about the band(s) you love so much.

shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2007, 06:45:21 PM »

l prefer the original line-up as it was better than now, it takes 3 guitarists to replace Slash, l think its shit

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2007, 10:49:13 PM »

l prefer the original line-up as it was better than now, it takes 3 guitarists to replace Slash, l think its shit

2 to replace Slash,1 to replace Izzy hihi peace

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2007, 11:47:47 PM »

I prefer the new lineup,  however the old line up got it all started, but if I had a choice to go see the two lineups play the same material, Id take the new lineup.

Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2007, 09:31:17 PM »

The real Guns N Roses all the way, you know the one with Axl, Slash, Izzy, Steven and Duff in it.
Miggy
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2007, 04:51:01 AM »

What the fuck is this?  I think most of those posts are from people who haven't seen the real GN'R, who haven't lived the original band era, ...  How can you say that the new band plays the old songs better than the original band?  I read stuff like "the old band was more metal"  Huh?  Metal?  The way Slash plays his guitar is almost pure blues.  I saw the old band once, the new one twice.  The first one I saw with the new band ('02) was really not good.  The second one, last year, was much much better.  I actually enjoyed that gig.  It was nice, the songs were played good but it will never be as good as the original band, doesn't matter how much they try.
Mr.Brownstone7
Opening Act

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2007, 05:21:55 AM »

my opinion is that axl shouldnt have brought back guns n roses without izzy, slash, duff

also my opinion is that the original guns n roses is holy (at least for me), noone should compare them with axls new band...

when i see people not only comparing but even saying that this band can perform/compose better than the original line-up then you give me a good reason to believe that you dont know anything about guns n roses

no offense

sex, drugs & guns n roses
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: