Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:26:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Trailer Park Boys Bubbles In NY With Axl?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trailer Park Boys Bubbles In NY With Axl?  (Read 12353 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 12:40:08 PM »

To me, if he's still recording,

It's in the past tense.

But you assume he's still recording.

The fact is, we don't know that. You're just assuming the "worst".

/jarmo

Yeah but however, I think Axl said in his letter that we would be informed when it was complete.

And, if it was delayed..

So what you saying is that there will be a 100 percent chance of us knowing something!? hihi

well, what i say is that there aint any reason to know if it will be out 6th or no.. haha..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 01:05:05 PM »

So El Nino was there till the end of last week?
either way the bubbles watched ax record his new album before el nino left and not after.
how long ago we don't know.
and the new album could be any new album. the upcoming one or its followers.

Thanks funkymonkey.

von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 01:09:33 PM »

Have some faith in ol' Uncle Axl. He was in Vegas recording. We know this. Fact. He was then in NYC recording. We know this. Fact. We do not know whether he's finished recording or not. But if we were to assume he has finished, and he's in NYC perhaps also to "seal the deal" and work out some release strategies and promotions with the label or perhaps even iron something out with a new management team...it could be any number of things, but Axl having moved operations from Vegas to New York is a GOOD sign. His recording earlier this month is a GOOD sign. I still believe we'll have the single within the first week of february. That leaves us about TWO WEEKS. We have almost A MONTH AND A HALF until the TENTATIVE release date. I also believe it's more likely we'll see the album around 20th as opposed to the 6th, but we'll see. The video has most likely been shot, if there was ever a video to shoot. They prolly shot it while the band was in LA and Axl was recording in Vegas, he prolly came down to LA before heading out to New York. Or they shot it in New York, but the video is most likely done by this point. If it's to be a live video, again, nothing to worry about. That's just a matter of assembling the footage, which is also prolly done. You have to understand, "Better" is the single and is most likely sitting there awaiting the official release with video in tow. It's not in some stage of development anymore. He could be finalizing artwork in the city right now for all we know. Axl said if there were any more significant delays, we would know. That's all. No other band keeps their fans as much tuned in as that. You should expect less, not more. Never before have I known a band that would clue people in to things like "The mixes have been turned in," "The video is done," "The artwork is being finalized," etc. Especially from someone like Axl Rose, a legend, who contrary to popular belief owes nobody anything. He owes it to himself to release the record he wants to release and that he can be proud of, that's all. It'll be done when it's done, but there's no reason to believe it's not still on target. This isn't a lie or a guarentee.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 01:17:45 PM »

Relax guys... he may not make the 3/6/07 deadline... but it's hardly like the "good ol' days" of the late 90's when Guns N' Roses consisted of Axl, Paul Huge and a pin ball machine. We're closer than ever...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2007, 01:18:56 PM »

Relax guys... he may not make the 3/6/07 deadline... but it's hardly like the "good ol' days" of the late 90's when Guns N' Roses consisted of Axl, Paul Huge and a pin ball machine. We're closer than ever...

rofl I enjoyed that one.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 01:30:20 PM »

On Bubbles being MIA

Ricky: "It's only me and Julian on the phone. Bubbles got caught in a snowstorm on the way back from New York. He was down there with Axl Rose, watching him record his new record. We're jealous. Me and Julian only did a couple of shows with Axl [last December on the Guns N' Roses tour], but Bubbles did most of the tour and did his awesome song 'Liquor and Whores.'"

I'm sure this guy Ricky wasn't concerned about how us obsessive GNR fans would take every word someone says in reference to GNR so literally that we'd actually resort to checking out what the weather pattern was for the past few weeks. ?hihi

He says he wasn't there so he obviously has no idea ... nor should he care ... exactly what Axl was working on while Bubbles was hanging out with him. ?"watching him record his new record" doesn't mean that "recording" was what Axl was actually doing.? Roll Eyes? ?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 01:37:46 PM »

He says he wasn't there so he obviously has no idea ... nor should he care ... exactly what Axl was working on while Bubbles was hanging out with him.  "watching him record his new record" doesn't mean that "recording" was what Axl was actually doing.  Roll Eyes   
Exactly. He could be mixing the record - I'm sure that would be way more interesting to watch than just Axl recording some extra vocal work. So, I think Axl invited Bubbles for listening to the new album while they were mixing in NY in the Sterling Sounds.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 01:39:26 PM »

All we know is that Axl has been in Vegas recording, and as of recently he's been in New York. With this source I guess he was recording there too, but he could be mixing and mastering as well. What is going on now is anyone's guess, but I find it weird that Dizzy has a random amount of time off from the HN'B tour between now and February 3 due to "GN'R's ever changing schedule."

So to me, everything is sounding pretty damn good at this point.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2007, 02:13:50 PM »

He says he wasn't there so he obviously has no idea ... nor should he care ... exactly what Axl was working on while Bubbles was hanging out with him.  "watching him record his new record" doesn't mean that "recording" was what Axl was actually doing.  Roll Eyes   
Exactly. He could be mixing the record - I'm sure that would be way more interesting to watch than just Axl recording some extra vocal work. So, I think Axl invited Bubbles for listening to the new album while they were mixing in NY in the Sterling Sounds.

nice to see some optimism on the board ok

rofl I enjoyed that one.
rofl

you should get positive karma for that one

i believe it`s a matter of weeks until we get new information/ a single.... whatever......  but i`m not holding my breath anyways...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Ricky probably didn't want to get into details so he just said "recording" as a blanket statement.
BFD
Headliner

Do you know where you are???

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2007, 04:52:34 PM »

It hasn't snowed here at all up until last week.

I think that was a reference to the booger sugar.

hihi

"And I'll leave you lying on the bed.  With your ass in the air."
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2007, 05:05:53 PM »

Summer 2007=Chinese Democracy starts now Wink

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2007, 05:08:30 PM »

so that means that the recording is still going on, which indicates that the album is still not finished and thus not likely to come out on march 6, 2007.

Sure it does.....

It also means Axl's building a combustion engine that runs on air and that he's preparing to run for president.  Roll Eyes

Seriously, I don't understand how you can come to that conclusion by reading the article in question.  confused

/jarmo

"It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company."

If he's still touching things up 6 or 7 weeks before the March 6th date and the record company won't accept it until it's complete (if Merck is to be believed, of course), I can see how people who are speculating might reach that conclusion.

I'm not buying that its coming out on the 6th either, but not because of this speculation since people have no idea what he was actually doing in those studios (perhaps listening to final mixes and not recording vocals as was reported, who knows? not me obviously).

I mostly don't buy the March 6th date anymore because he says he wants 'proper promotion' and there is still no single or word of a single on the way. I could very well be wrong, and I hope I am.

I take it you're still hoping for March 6th Jarmo? Just curious.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 05:19:03 PM by SterileEyes » Logged

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2007, 05:44:47 PM »

I take it you're still hoping for March 6th Jarmo? Just curious.

Hoping? Of course!

But I know he said tentative.

I just don't understand how you could come to the conclusion that they're still recording the album because of this article. It's clearly in past tense. We don't know what's happening at this moment.

That's all.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2007, 05:49:28 PM »

like jarmo is saying, i also think that people are way to (dunno the word) i mean, just because axl is in the studio doesn't mean he's still recording right? it can be mixing it and stuff like that too

and i also hope for 6 march of course

but as sterileeyes said, the man did say CD would get proper promotion, and we haven't gotten anything since mid-december right?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 06:03:24 PM by Ralph » Logged
Axlzroxchic
Opening Act

"I Think About You"......

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2007, 06:19:17 PM »

Who says I don't know shit? I know allot, I know that we will get it when it is ready. I know we will find out all that we need from the band when the time is right. Until told otherwise, I have the most reliable info possible... straight from the horses mouth: "March 6th".

who are you people...Huh?? beating a dead horse over and over and over and over....alright already. it will come out when it comesout.... peace

"This Melody Inside of Me, Still Searches For Solution"
Joblow
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2007, 06:36:05 PM »

Has anyone ever seen this show B4? And the guy who plays Bubbles? Erg... take a a look

Vid:
http://www.dailymotion.com/colbybear/video/xjs48_s03e02-trailer-park-boys

Pic:

Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2007, 06:42:18 PM »

"Bubbles" is played by a guy named Mike Smith, he actually has a pretty extensive musical background, here's his bio:

http://www.tv.com/mike-smith/person/103817/biography.html

Mike Smith currently plays the character "Bubbles" in the hit Canadian television series The Trailer Park Boys.

He was born and raised in Thorburn, Nova Scotia. He started playing hockey at the age of four but showed early signs of musical genius when he learned to play guitar at the age of seven. Continuing with both hobbies for the majority of his life, Mike eventually gave up hockey to concentrate on being a musician.

He attended St. Francis Xavier University where he earned a degree in English. In 1992, Mike's career in music began to take off. He played guitar and was one of the principal songwriters in the band Sandbox and signed a record deal with EMI in Canada and Nettwerk in the U.S. Nominated for a Juno Award, East Coast Music Awards and a Casby Award, Sandbox released two albums with EMI and Nettwerk ? Bionic and A Murder In The Glee Club.

In 1999, Mike started composing music for film and television and has worked as a sound mixer on such feature films as The Weight of Water starring Sean Penn and Elizabeth Hurley, and Serendipity starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale.

While sound mixing for his friend, director Mike Clattenburg, on a pilot project titled The Trailer Park Boys, Mike met actors Robb Wells and John Paul Tremblay. Goofing around one day on set, Mike was imitating a character he had been doing for years. Mike Clattenburg liked the character so much he decided to use the "Bubbles" character in a short movie called The Cart Boy. Later he wrote the same character into the first season of The Trailer Park Boys series and the rest is history.

When Mike Smith makes public appearances he normally does so as his character "Bubbles". In fact he appeared as foul-mouthed "Bubbles" in the music video Legal by Canadian artist Snow. There was so much swearing that most of his dialogue had to be bleeped out. He also appeared with fellow The Trailer Park Boys actors Robb Wells (Ricky) and John Paul Tremblay (Julian) in The Tragically Hip's music video, The Darkest One, featuring Don Cherry. Just before that, Mike joined Robb and John Paul on a cross-Canada tour with the musical group, Our Lady Peace.

Mike's career does sometime take him away from his life on The Trailer Park Boys, as he recently worked on the US cable pilot Espia as writer and musical director.

Mike Smith is currently engaged to American actress Nichole Hiltz, whom he met on the set of the upcoming feature length film The Trailer Park Boys Movie. Aside from a new love in his life the movie will likely give Mike Smith new found fame and fans outside of Canada.

In 2003, Mike Smith won the Gemini Award for Viewer?s Choice - Favourite Comedian. (edit)
Mike Smith met his fiance Nicole Hiltz on the set of the upcoming The Trailer Park Boys Movie (2006), where she plays Julian's girlfriend. (edit)
Whenever Mike Smith and his fellow The Trailer Park Boys actors make official public appearances they always stay in character. (edit)
Mike Smith met actor friends Rob Wells and John Paul Tremblay while sound mixing for his buddy Mike Clattenburg on the original The Trailer Park Boys movie. All three noticed Mike as he goofed around doing his character "Bubbles". (edit)
Mike Smith was born and grew up in Thorburn, Nova Scotia. (edit)
Mike Smith is well known as an excellent "swearist" which is what his character "Bubbles"is famous for on the series The Trailer Park Boys. (edit)
Mike Smith composed music for the movies The Weight of Water and Serendipity. (edit)
Mike Smith is a long-time friend of Trailer Park Boys director Mike Clattenburg. (edit)
The first time that Mike Smith played the character Bubbles is in a short movie called The Cart Boy. (edit)
Mike Smith created the character "Bubbles" when he picked up a pair of thick glasses for 50 cents at a Texas flea market in the early 1990s. (edit)
Owns a cat named "Bubbles". (edit)
Was once a guitarist in the rock band Sandbox. (edit)
Has a degree in English from St. Francis Xavier University in Antigonish, Nova Scotia. (edit)
Has played the guitar since the age of seven. (edit)
Made a cameo appearance as the extreme foul-mouthed "Bubbles" in Snow's 2002 music video Legal, however his swearing remains bleeped. (edit)
Played hockey for the Pictou County Weeks of the Nova Scotia Midget AAA Hockey League when he was in high school.
(edit)
Mike Smith: (On being typecast as Bubbles) I'm not really at all worried because when I don't have my chin stuck out or have the glasses on, no one recognizes me. If I play a role in something else, nobody will ever know I was Bubbles. (edit)
Mike Smith: (On the hit show The Trailer Park Boys) We?d love to see it go on as long as we can do it for. Just so long as it?s funny. The majority of the people in the park where we filmed loved it. A few were offended by it too. I think they thought we were making fun of people living in trailer parks, but that?s not it at all. This show is about humanity and reality generally. (edit)
Mike Smith: (On the hit show The Trailer Park Boys being nominated for a Gemini Award) I don't really pay much attention to awards. It's cool we got nominated, but we're probably going to fucking lose.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 06:48:16 PM by Flyguy_1ca » Logged

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
cineater
Legend

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2007, 07:39:04 PM »

Looks like he's got some pussy.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2007, 01:31:52 AM »

who bubbles or axl ?
axl allwayz lol.bubbles who cares lol.oh daa the pic sarry lol.

the one an only horsey !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: