Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2024, 02:03:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228343 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Breakdown
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Breakdown  (Read 15778 times)
madagas
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2007, 04:42:09 PM »

Buggin'- Agree. I respect the fact that he is doing the project his way and not giving in to external forces, especially the record company assholes who are ruining the industry. We will get a better record because of it. ?Wink
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2007, 04:53:18 PM »

I'm not the one interpreting his words,

But aren't you trying to do that? trying to find out how to read between the lines, ie between "The album cover art is ready." "Blah, blah, blah." and "If you're waiting........ "

audio/video might help.

Saying those two sentences contradict each other isn't interpretation, it's fact. If we had audio/video we might spot some other factors that might explain it, but we don't.

I said 'trying'. If you find a mystery....
I think there's the audio/video of this somewhere.

anyways the latest letter says they've met with numerous obstacles. Doesn't it sorta explain that?
when you have too many and too complicated things to tell in a short time and you don't know where to begin, you may well just skip all of them and focus on what should be told there, even if you're the most simple person on the earth. 
Not that I'm certain of this but I don't think any further digging into the gap is necessary or worth your while.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2007, 05:00:16 PM »

The fact that this is BUSINESS and ART explains how things are changing all the time.

come on, even when you do your homework, things get not done on time

just think about how it can go wrong for a music cd ...

oh yeah, britney does it in time
madonna too

somewhere, there are musicians who just wanna go there way
and if they wanna tour they don't

we should happy that axl is not a sellout to mtv's and any marketing campaign.

Reading through all of this, I can't help but agree with you. In the original post there was a comment like "2006 brought nothing new to the table". Those type of statements blow my mind! It's like HELLO? How is the new music we heard not bringing something new to the table??

All I know is that this the first time I've seen Axl Rose directly communicate with the fans and the fans alone about this subject. And when he did so he announced a date (however tentative) for the first time ever.

Everything else has been done through a press release or interview. I'm grateful for the form of communication and for what was said in it.

Here's to new developments in the near future!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2007, 05:15:53 PM »

Highly unprobable. And if you found it you'd grab a bunch of other stuff before that.

anyways the latest letter says they've met with numerous obstacles. Doesn't it sorta explain that?
when you have too many and too complicated things to tell in a short time and you don't know where to begin, you may well just skip all of them and focus on what should be told there, even if you're the most simple person on the earth.?
Not that I'm certain of this but I don't think any further digging into the gap is necessary or worth your while.

It explains obstacles. After 16 years there's obviously been a few. But it doesn't explain why Axl chooses to express himself in such a contradictory manner.

I don't require him to tell me the details, but I would wish for him to not say certain things when he must know there's a more than slight chance of it not happening.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2007, 05:18:27 PM »

Reading through all of this, I can't help but agree with you. In the original post there was a comment like "2006 brought nothing new to the table". Those type of statements blow my mind! It's like HELLO? How is the new music we heard not bringing something new to the table??

All I know is that this the first time I've seen Axl Rose directly communicate with the fans and the fans alone about this subject. And when he did so he announced a date (however tentative) for the first time ever.

Everything else has been done through a press release or interview. I'm grateful for the form of communication and for what was said in it.

The leaks brought something new to the table, but not from him. At least not until proven. The letter etc. isn't per say anything new either. It's just a different approach to not delivering.

The tentative date is the closest thing we got to something new. Now let's hope something materializes from that, for once.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2007, 05:53:05 PM »

Highly unprobable. And if you found it you'd grab a bunch of other stuff before that.

when you have too many and too complicated things to tell in a short time and you don't know where to begin, you may well just skip all of them and focus on what should be told there, even if you're the most simple person on the earth. 

It explains obstacles. After 16 years there's obviously been a few. But it doesn't explain why Axl chooses to express himself in such a contradictory manner.

I don't require him to tell me the details, but I would wish for him to not say certain things when he must know there's a more than slight chance of it not happening.

Most forum members would say otherwise.  I don't think he's a bigmouth either.
All I was trying to say in the previous post was that maybe he didn't choose but something like what I wrote occurred to him while he was speaking. Wasn't it from a short interview in the bustle after VMAs?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2007, 06:00:10 PM »

Most forum members would say otherwise.? I don't think he's a bigmouth either.
All I was trying to say in the previous post was that maybe he didn't choose but something like what I wrote occurred to him while he was speaking. Wasn't it from a short interview in the bustle after VMAs?

No, it was from the gnronline interview in 2002. I hardly think anything in there wasn't approved.

Well yeah, I can see the logic behind him not being a bigmouth hihi But if you only speak once a year, wouldn't it be clever to not say too much about the thing you don't know you'll be able to deliver?

rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »

Thanks for the effort ok

Makes me kinda sad that axl has said the album is "coming soon" so often, makes me think the 6th of March date is worth a little less.

"to live with fortune and fame"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2007, 06:49:02 PM »

anyone see any similarity between the comments made when Robin left and those made when Buckethead left....freaky stuff !

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2007, 07:14:19 PM »

anyone see any similarity between the comments made when Robin left and those made when Buckethead left....freaky stuff !

They are very similar indeed, right down to 'taking the recording an extra step further'. Having your lead guitarist quit after contributing so much time and effort to a project is a great loss. This is not interpretation, it's fact. Axl just spins it around, trying to pull out a positive turn in both cases. Sure, it's an opportunity to involve a new player in the recording process, but its also a necessity. Somehow, I get the feeling he could've lived without going through that in both cases, despite whatever outcomes it had.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2007, 08:14:28 PM »

He also talks about resolving issues around the use of BHs music,

Where does he do that?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2007, 08:39:14 PM »

Where does he do that?

March 30th 2004

I would also like to express my gratitude to those who chose to embrace Buckethead's role in Guns and support our new line up. We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve.

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2007, 08:41:53 PM »

Where does he do that?

March 30th 2004

I would also like to express my gratitude to those who chose to embrace Buckethead's role in Guns and support our new line up. We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve.

I always took that to mean he was open to talking to Bucket about getting back together. He's so vague, there's no way to tell what that means.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2007, 08:47:05 PM »

Where does he do that?

March 30th 2004

I always took that to mean he was open to talking to Bucket about getting back together. He's so vague, there's no way to tell what that means.

He talks about issues that comes up after his departure. Axl doesn't want him back at that point if you look at his characterisation of him. If the issues revolve around his contributions, and it's got nothing to do with rehiring him, then I conclude it must be the recorded music.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2007, 08:50:17 PM »

The leaks brought something new to the table, but not from him. At least not until proven. The letter etc. isn't per say anything new either. It's just a different approach to not delivering.

The tentative date is the closest thing we got to something new. Now let's hope something materializes from that, for once.

I didn't realize you meant that something new had to be proven to have come from Axl.

What was the point of the whole breakdown then? To try to make Axl look bad?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2007, 08:53:41 PM »

I didn't realize you meant that something new had to be proven to have come from Axl.

What was the point of the whole breakdown then? To try to make Axl look bad?

Had to, should have.....he can do whatever he wants, but we still want it. That's kind of the point. A breakdown of what he's said may help people know what to expect. It's just the truth.

dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2007, 09:37:57 PM »

Axl makes himself look bad. He may have a lot of fans here, but he's lost a lot more than he's kept throughout the years. He's to blame for that with all the bullshit. That's the truth. I wonder how many more fans he's going to lose in March?

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2007, 11:01:43 PM »

Axl makes himself look bad. He may have a lot of fans here, but he's lost a lot more than he's kept throughout the years. He's to blame for that with all the bullshit. That's the truth. I wonder how many more fans he's going to lose in March?

How many did  he lose in December? By the looks of it, not many.

CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2007, 12:43:17 AM »

Me personally... after reading that "breakdown" of events and reading what axl was saying, I think The Music Axl Was making really sucked, And thats why we have never seen an album yet. HE didn't know how to create a record without the other members of Gn'R. He was a faliure at creating his own album without slash and CO.  It took him this long to finally create songs that don't suck. It took so long people got fed up with him and left (those musicians are to many to mention). But, now that it has taken him so long to make something that sounds decient He can release it. But IMO that's why it took so long.

And then add The lawsuits between Axl and the EX-members on top of that.
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2007, 03:25:21 AM »

Me personally... after reading that "breakdown" of events and reading what axl was saying, I think The Music Axl Was making really sucked, And thats why we have never seen an album yet. HE didn't know how to create a record without the other members of Gn'R. He was a faliure at creating his own album without slash and CO.? It took him this long to finally create songs that don't suck. It took so long people got fed up with him and left (those musicians are to many to mention). But, now that it has taken him so long to make something that sounds decient He can release it. But IMO that's why it took so long.

And then add The lawsuits between Axl and the EX-members on top of that.
I also see a point in that observation after reading the breakdown. I don't think it really sucked, but it just was not what Axl envisioned and perhaps the band (at that point) could not deliver what Axl had in mind, or didn't sound right after recording it. I think now some kind of chemistry is finally happening, the band looks stable en things are rolling. That way things are really different now, they found the sound they want and are more confident to deliver things to the public. All this shit is just the way a creative process can work out and no artist can control things like that. When I make something creative I have in mind (I like to photoshop sometimes) it often turns out to be totally awfull and I start all over. It's just pieces of a puzzle that have to come together and the end result makes you proud. That's what GNR have been looking for the last couple of years (decade) and we're about to experience the end result!

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: