Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 12, 2024, 09:50:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228432 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Breakdown
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Breakdown  (Read 15966 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 02:17:22 PM »

This is truly where we can see how contradictive and unstable Axl really is. This must be one of my favorite quotes, and the most absurd one I've ever read.

We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready. Blah, blah, blah. If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing.

First he begins to explain how little is left and how much is done, then immediately in the next sentence he tells us not to wait, and that it might not happen at all. I can fathom most of what Axl says on some level, but this here just goes off the charts. How can anyone say what he said there? It goes against all logic.

How is it unstable? He only said dont wait for it, go live your life and stop waiting around for an album, because in the end that's all it is. No one should expect it to change the world and all of a sudden bring world peace. And honestly when he said that he was probably talking about the people on the message boards who comb through his every word to find hidden meanings and shit that isn't there....

He didn't only say that. He talks about the album all but being finished, then he goes to say that it might not happen at all. I don't even see how that's possible in the same sentence.

The fact that the man has said the album is coming soon multiple times should be evidence enough that he's not too sure about himself in that regard.

And I'm not the one interpreting his words, that's you.
  we shouldn`t use 5-8 year old quotes to analyse axl or to interpret the CD situation:hihi:  ( maybe we shouldn`t even analyse axl at all...... however.....  we don`t have anything better to do at the moment i guess...)

the quotes from 2006 and the new, old axl is what we should take into account peace

we should keep the time from 1998-2004 in mind though.......

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 02:19:30 PM »

This is truly where we can see how contradictive and unstable Axl really is. This must be one of my favorite quotes, and the most absurd one I've ever read.

We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready. Blah, blah, blah. If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing.

First he begins to explain how little is left and how much is done, then immediately in the next sentence he tells us not to wait, and that it might not happen at all. I can fathom most of what Axl says on some level, but this here just goes off the charts. How can anyone say what he said there? It goes against all logic.

How is it unstable? He only said dont wait for it, go live your life and stop waiting around for an album, because in the end that's all it is. No one should expect it to change the world and all of a sudden bring world peace. And honestly when he said that he was probably talking about the people on the message boards who comb through his every word to find hidden meanings and shit that isn't there....

He didn't only say that. He talks about the album all but being finished, then he goes to say that it might not happen at all. I don't even see how that's possible in the same sentence.

The fact that the man has said the album is coming soon multiple times should be evidence enough that he's not too sure about himself in that regard.

It's possible because sometimes things come up unexpectedly and plans have to change because of it. 2006 is a great example of that. They had planned on having the album out last year but certain things happened and it was no longer possible. So by saying "don't wait" after talking about what was left to do he cleared himself from being called a liar when things didn't go down as planned.

Remember he also has said "soon is not the word" when it comes to the album as well. So just pointing out one part of the story isn't right. At least post the times when he said it wasn't coming soon as well...

Did I say you were interpreting his words to be one thing? No I didn't mention any names. The people I'm talking about know who they are because they search every little thing he says looking for double meanings and hidden agendas.

For the record he did post the quote where Axl said "soon wasnt the word."
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 02:21:06 PM »

It's possible because sometimes things come up unexpectedly and plans have to change because of it. 2006 is a great example of that. They had planned on having the album out last year but certain things happened and it was no longer possible. So by saying "don't wait" after talking about what was left to do he cleared himself from being called a liar when things didn't go down as planned.

Remember he also has said "soon is not the word" when it comes to the album as well. So just pointing out one part of the story isn't right. At least post the times when he said it wasn't coming soon as well...

Did I say you were interpreting his words to be one thing? No I didn't mention any names. The people I'm talking about know who they are because they search every little thing he says looking for double meanings and hidden agendas.

For the record he did post the quote where Axl said "soon wasnt the word."

Sorry didn't see that one there, too much stuff to have to read through. My other points still stand though....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 02:30:25 PM »

I'm not the one interpreting his words,

But aren't you trying to do that? trying to find out how to read between the lines, ie between "The album cover art is ready." "Blah, blah, blah." and "If you're waiting........ "

audio/video might help.
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »

Way to much analyzing around here. You guys drive yourself crazy.  confused

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 02:41:26 PM »

I dont wanna defend axl blindly here, but anybody who has been in Production management of ANY PRODUCT
knows that things get pushed back all the time.

i mean, i havent worked much, but for example at L'oreal, things get pushed all the time
our ads have like 15 tentative release date until they finally appear in the magazines

and when we plan the 1st or 2nd or 3rd release date we actually believe it
but then, the day before you think the model  is too fat
or her eyes look wierd
or the logo is not big enough
or the colors are faded
or you can see her nipple

i mean, and it's only for stupid beauty product ad ... so imagine for a CD ??!!!!

i have lived that for video games
i have lived that for cosmetics

and any body here who works know how it goes

and trust me, every time axl said something about Cd, he did believe it at the moment. it's about how crazy he is, it's just .... life.

PEACE

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 02:41:31 PM »

The 'unexpected' things were Axl not being able to finish up. Now, there's not necessarily anything wrong with that, but when you've done these things before you should think twice before using words as 'definitely'. That's why I view him as unstable.

And I'm not deliberate not using his other quotes, the one you pointed out might be the only one in that regard. The point is he's throwing contradictions around him on a regular basis.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 02:44:03 PM »

But aren't you trying to do that? trying to find out how to read between the lines, ie between "The album cover art is ready." "Blah, blah, blah." and "If you're waiting........ "

audio/video might help.

Saying those two sentences contradict each other isn't interpretation, it's fact. If we had audio/video we might spot some other factors that might explain it, but we don't.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2007, 02:46:18 PM »

I think you did a pretty good job compiling all Axl quotes about the album polluxlm. It was definetly time consuming.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 02:47:31 PM »

audio/video might help.

Saying those two sentences contradict each other isn't interpretation, it's fact. I

knowing that it doesn't mean anything is also a fact .....

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2007, 02:51:27 PM »

audio/video might help.

Saying those two sentences contradict each other isn't interpretation, it's fact. I

Of course it means something. Everything does. You see the quote, now make up your own mind. That's what it's for.

madagas
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2007, 02:56:04 PM »

The other glaring similarity in EVERY interview is how Axl blames someone or something for keeping him from finishing the record. Record label wants to keep working on it, lawsuits, Buckethead quit, Robin quit, management scheduled the tour dates wrong, it is always an excuse. Of course, he never points to himself. Just an observation. hihi
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2007, 03:01:38 PM »

audio/video might help.

Of course it means something. Everything does. You see the quote, now make up your own mind. That's what it's for.

nah,
if i say NOW - i like RED
and then 10 seconds later i say
I like GREEN

ok i might be disturbed

if in 2001 i say " i want to release my anti aging cream in september "
and then in 2004 i say " ok now i think i can release my anti aging cream "
i am normal
this is life
things change

it's just that, after a 1st release date has been shot down, i dont think axl is the mood to go to the press or internet and say

" well ok, i said this, but you know, the merchandasing departement had problems, then i heard the song 4543 again and i didnt like it anymore .... "

things change
opinions change

normal life.

for all i know axl was talking too much Smiley

madagas
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2007, 03:09:24 PM »

Saying things change is just another excuse for not completing the project. Now, I will agree that Art is different. But, Axl lives in a world of art and commerce/business. Somebody gave him 13 million to go play in a studio for 8 years. That entity wants a completion to the project. If Axl had funded this thing by himself, then he is entitled to take as long as he wants. However, projects in the real world have deadlines and deadlines have to be met at some point. Undecided
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 03:24:38 PM by madagas » Logged
andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2007, 03:21:09 PM »

Can we sticky some sort of summary of this? its a great reference tool cheers dude  ok

I was going to create a thread about trying to look at some potential contradictions that have come from Axl, but this is pretty self explanatory stuff.
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2007, 03:37:42 PM »

Otherwise great put you forgot the Trunk interview parts  Wink

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2007, 03:42:37 PM »

Saying things change is just another excuse for not completing the project. Now, I will agree that Art is different. But, Axl lives in a world of art and commerce/business. Somebody gave him 13 million to go play in a studio for 8 years. That entity wants a completion to the project. If Axl had funded this thing by himself, then he is entitled to take as long as he wants. However, projects in the real world have deadlines and deadlines have to be met at some point. Undecided

First you say art is different, then go on about how projects have deadlines.

Maybe if you were actually funding the recording I could understand the whole "he owes us an album" mentality that some people have...

Personally I'm happy that there's artists who dare to do things their way.

I've mentioned before that I finished reading U2 By U2 a while back. In the book they talk about how they're wishing they would've had more time to finish the Pop album (from 1997). They just had to stop due to the promotion and tour starting. In their opinion, the album never got properly done.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
madagas
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »

Please read the next sentence Jarmo. It is art AND business. I didn't fund the record and NEVER said he owes me anything so don't lump me in blindly with the real complainers - be clear about that. Read my exact words. He does owe the people who funded the project-whoever that may be. Business works that way in the real world. ok
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 03:58:02 PM by madagas » Logged
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2007, 04:26:59 PM »

The fact that this is BUSINESS and ART explains how things are changing all the time.

come on, even when you do your homework, things get not done on time

just think about how it can go wrong for a music cd ...

oh yeah, britney does it in time
madonna too

somewhere, there are musicians who just wanna go there way
and if they wanna tour they don't

we should happy that axl is not a sellout to mtv's and any marketing campaign.

bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2007, 04:38:30 PM »

We should be hearing that the album is delayed again 'soon'. Or, of course, it will finally hit the record stores this time.... nah !   crying

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: