Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:33:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Rock Walk Ceremony pictures and story(meeting slash, matt, etc)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Walk Ceremony pictures and story(meeting slash, matt, etc)  (Read 6206 times)
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: January 19, 2007, 02:16:52 PM »

Ok, so this is the same thing that was at mygnr but if you didn't see it there, welll...

Ok, so me n my girlfriend got to the guitar center on sunset blvd around 4:50 and from then on waited untill the cermony started. After a little more than 2 hours, it started and the firts thing that happened was the guy announcing the whole event starts to say hi to the crowd and then he looked over and saw me and through the mic was like "hey, i like your tophat. That's really cool" to me and then continued on with his speech. Terry Bozzio and Dio got inducted blah blah blah and then what we were there for...finally. First they have duff come up and talk about slash which was really cool to hear his stories from when they met and all and then going through guns and up to velvet. Then they had Mike Clink(afd producer) comes up and talks as well and then introduces slash. Slash talked for a short time and just thanked everyone and said how it was an honor and everything and then he put his hands in the cement and signed it. It was really cool to watch it all. Afterwards, all the musicians(inducted and not) went inside to guitar center and everyone without a pass had to stay out but evryone was still going up to the door. Finally, security said that everyone without a pass had to leave to the sidewalk and we started to to leave and all of the sudden someone hangs to vip passes in our face and says "your with me". A photographer who actually ended up explaining how he is the photographer who has done all the pictures of the musicians that go on the guitar center walls that you can see as you pass by on the street, so he was a pretty big guy there. At first we were just hanging around and walking by people and then as my girlfriend was talking to somene, I went up to dave kushner and talked to him for a while and told him how I saw the benfit show in october and he was telling me how he sent the guitar he smashed at the end of the concert to the cop the benefit was for, signed by the whole band. I asked him how the album was coming and he said it was great and that they had 11 tracks done with vocals done on 4 of them and then him and his friend from buckcherry started looking at all the pins and patches on my vest(mostly liking the kiss and cheap trick ones). After talking to dave, we continued to walk around guitar center and ended up getting pictures with matt sorum(who had earlier walked by me and jokingly said that I stole slash's hat haha). After this we mett teddy zig zag who was there with a couple of his friends and then just kind of stood around hoping we would find slash. So at this point, the photographer who got us in, comes and grabs us and says "come with me, but just stay cool and don't freak out or anything" and we follow him and he told me that he got us in because of my hat and said that he couldn't let me not meet him. So he walks us down to the area that was blocked off from the rest of the after party and at this point, I was in shock. He brought me up to slash and said "hey slash, look this kid stole one of your hats" and slash looks at it and starts laughing and is like "hha nahh that's not one of mine" and me and my girlfriend get to shake his hand and everything. Some other guy started talking to slash while he was meeting us and after a few seconds, he looks back over at me and is like "hey did you want me to sign that?" and I obviously say yes and he starts signing the top of it and as I am sitting there in disbeleif that one of my heroes is sittign here talkign to us and signing my tophat, he is like "like, i'm almost done" and I was just like "oh take your time" because he was drawing out the whole smoking sukll/signature thing. After that we just walk around down there and watch slash get interviewed quite a few time and he started to get flustered from all the interviews and the crowds around so he left and went upstairs to sign stuff for guitar center. When he came back down like 20 minutes later and he was leaving with perla and their kids(who are very cute little guys) he starts signing a coupel guitars for one of the employees and after that we got a picture with him and that was the last anyone got that night. He left immediately after our picture. It was such an amazing and surreal night. Here's the pictures....

he had trouble getting his rings off

and here's my signed tophat
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 02:38:34 PM »

Yeah I read your story at mygnr, you are one lucky guy  beer
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 03:27:22 PM »

congrats  beer

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 03:32:44 PM »

that cool as fuck ok congrats!!! drool

EFISH
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 03:35:06 PM »

Great story!  drool
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 04:03:48 PM »

Video of Slash talking in his induction to the Hollywood Rockwalk:

converted from the original WMV file into AVI DivX
http://rapidshare.com/files/12450856/SLASH_ON_ROCKWALK_estebanf.AVI.html

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 04:06:51 PM »

fuggin' amazing dudaah drool
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 04:21:12 PM »

lol what a lucky guy you are... this would be great if every fan had this chance in their lives... sadly this is only for the lucky ones  no... lol anyway, well done!  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 12:22:47 AM »

Wow!  That's fucking great!  Great story and pictures.  Love your hat, and you're cute, too! 
rube
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 03:35:01 AM »

congrats!  very cool

Changing peoples' lives to be more like mine.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 10:19:09 AM »

Great story man!! I had the pleasure of meeting Slash twice and he is a cool layed back dude..

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 10:25:04 AM »

wow that's fucking awesome, amazing pictures... beer
BenDixon
Opening Act

Los Paranoias

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 04:46:39 PM »

Loved that story! It’s great when fans get a chance to meet their heroes. Don’t bother to playing the lottery again though… You must have spent all your luck on this one  Wink

?I grew up in Europe, where history comes from.?
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 07:03:28 AM »

wicked story - thanks for sharing!  you look very happy in those pics!
 peace
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 07:13:36 AM »

C'mon man, you're one lucky bastard! Shocked That tophat is amazing!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 01:15:30 PM »

Great story! 

I was there too.  Just got back to the UK today.  I'll share some of my stories from the whole NAMM show in the Junegle section.
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 03:32:30 PM »

Some of my pics:

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 03:35:07 PM »

damn Dio looks like hell hihi he looks to be in worse shape than Ozzy Shocked

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2007, 04:53:52 PM »

Don't let the looks fool ya Neemo, he still belts it out like a son of a bitch.

Awesome pics bro.. Lucky mother fucker you are. Didn't Dio put the devil horns in the cement

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
AMS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 05:12:13 PM »

I almost went to the Zakk Wylde one last year. But I didn't even know Slash was getting inducted until I read the news afterwards! Darn! I hadn't been on heretoday in a while. But man, I totally would have gone.

Last time I went to Hollywood Guitar Center they had barely any guitars. How was it this time?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: