Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 08:34:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228467 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl is in New York
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl is in New York  (Read 18493 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2007, 09:28:41 PM »

WOW hes in New York!!!? Who cares, I read a post where someone saw him ordering pizza and a BUNCH of people around him as usual somewhere in downtown New York.? Does that mean hes going to have a track on CD called Double Cheese with Sausage?? Who cares where he is, let's get some album news!!

Tell him he can stop by my office and let me give CD a listen as I'm right  by the Seaport rofl
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2007, 09:31:03 PM »

how bout some real speculation on some real album news

Yeah, that would be nice right about now. Especially since the album's tentative release date is ?just over a month and a half away. Here's to Chinese Democracy on March 6th !!

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2007, 09:48:00 PM »

beer smoking
yeah i''ll drink ta that !

the one an only horsey !
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2007, 07:39:21 AM »

Yeah, that would be nice right about now. Especially since the album's tentative release date is  just over a month and a half away. Here's to Chinese Democracy on March 6th !!

I'm sure we'll hear something soon enough. I'm getting excited about how close it actually is now.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2007, 08:58:45 AM »

there is no point getting excited anymore. ill get excited when i now for sure that the cd is on the shelves of my local record store, and even then i might need some kind of theraphy. march the 6th is not any different than saying absolutely is coming out this year or there are 13 tuesdays left. not trying to be negative but dont get your hopes high coz the odds are against us. they have been for many years now.
seems that a lot of people here are into waiting, and quote the man himself "better wait the returning of Jesus coz the pay out is much better".

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
madagas
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2007, 09:22:14 AM »

I love when people pull out quotes from 4 and a half years ago. They are so relevant today... Roll Eyes Your point is valid, but using 4-5 year old statements is completely irrelevant to Jan 19th 2007. ok
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 10:10:07 AM by madagas » Logged
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2007, 10:09:02 AM »

there is no point getting excited anymore. ill get excited when i now for sure that the cd is on the shelves of my local record store...

That's cool for you but for myself, I'm still excited at the prospects.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2007, 11:06:40 AM »

there is no point getting excited anymore. ill get excited when i now for sure that the cd is on the shelves of my local record store, and even then i might need some kind of theraphy. march the 6th is not any different than saying absolutely is coming out this year or there are 13 tuesdays left. not trying to be negative but dont get your hopes high coz the odds are against us. they have been for many years now.
seems that a lot of people here are into waiting, and quote the man himself "better wait the returning of Jesus coz the pay out is much better".

I agree with this statement to an extent. Regardless, there's nothing about this album that's set in stone.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2007, 12:17:58 PM »

I agree with this statement to an extent. Regardless, there's nothing about this album that's set in stone.

We know that Axl Rose will be on it.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2007, 12:25:59 PM »

We know that Axl Rose will be on it.

Tentatively, yes.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »

I wish everyone would stop using the word tentative.....
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2007, 12:52:01 PM »

Amen, pretty much.

I posted this elsewhere, but if there's no announcement today, you can pretty much kiss March 6th goodbye. He said he wants 'proper promotion'. Announcing a release date less than two months in advance with no single is not 'proper promotion'.

And I bet he went to NY in hopes that people would stop tracking his every move wondering what he's up to. Obviously didn't work.

Also, someone wrote something about 'I wish everyone would stop using the word 'tentative''  ...dood, 'tentative' is to Axl Rose as 'drug bust' is to Scott Weiland. This might be worth accepting and getting used to  ok

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
smugolo
Headliner

"I don't worry about nothin', no..."

« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2007, 01:07:53 PM »

didn't gunsguy say we would hear something great next week? or was it bullshit?

GN'R 2006 - Dublin 9th June - Sheffield 18th July - Manchester 23rd July
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2007, 01:16:44 PM »

For almost 10 years one person or another has been making claims like that for whatever reason.

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2007, 01:25:02 PM »

I'm pretty sure it turned out to be bullshit. No single has arrived at the radio station I work at yet, either.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2007, 06:09:58 PM »

Yeah, that would be nice right about now. Especially since the album's tentative release date is? just over a month and a half away. Here's to Chinese Democracy on March 6th !!

I'm sure we'll hear something soon enough. I'm getting excited about how close it actually is now.

March 6th is very unlikely now, simply due to the amount of time left. 8 weeks really is the magic number for album releases. It's nearly 6 weeks now until the 6th, any chance of seeing CD on that date is very very slim, end of March is still possible though.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2007, 06:10:15 PM »

I think Gunsguy said in the next couple of weeks Kiss
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2007, 06:16:48 PM »

I wish everyone would stop using the word tentative.....

LOL yeah its gettin a bit rediculous  hihi

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2007, 06:19:43 PM »

I'm pretty sure it turned out to be bullshit. No single has arrived at the radio station I work at yet, either.

Just curious, but how do singles usually come? I mean, it seems like most stations get them at the same time. I guess they use expedited shipping in order to get them to places that are further away than others. Unless they just email it to you as a digital version? Or do they just send it to ya really early in the mail and then tell everyone not to play it until such and such date?
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2007, 06:27:51 PM »

Just curious, but how do singles usually come? I mean, it seems like most stations get them at the same time. I guess they use expedited shipping in order to get them to places that are further away than others. Unless they just email it to you as a digital version? Or do they just send it to ya really early in the mail and then tell everyone not to play it until such and such date?

It depends really. Some songs do get rush released over the internet, but its very rare. Usually, we'll get a single a few days to a week before the "add" date - which is just that - the date that radio stations can start adding it to their rotation.

I'll put it this way - we've been playing singles from new albums due in March since the start of the year. So, if a single is really going to be out by next week (using Gunsguys' timeline) - then we should have it any day now.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: