Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 08:35:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  It's Alright........or is it?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's Alright........or is it?  (Read 5796 times)
Jupa
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: January 16, 2007, 09:46:05 AM »

I was listening to Live Era the other day and I came upon this song, It's Alright.  Its a great song, but I could not find it on any of the GNR studio albums, anyone know the story behind the song?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 09:47:58 AM »

it`s a black sabbath cover

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Jupa
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 09:48:45 AM »

Ah, thank you.  I also noticed its only keyboards and Axl singing, is he or Dizzy playing the piano? 
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 09:49:46 AM »

I was listening to Live Era the other day and I came upon this song, It's Alright.? Its a great song, but I could not find it on any of the GNR studio albums, anyone know the story behind the song?

It was a Black Sabbath cover, that Axl did as a little diddy opening NR on alot of the UYI shows. I don't think there is a studio version. GN'R were jamming on lots of intros at that time.

It's intro to NR, was really no different than the Sail Away Sweet Sister/Bad Time intro to SCOM, I Was Only Joking/Only Women Bleed to KOHD, Patience/Imagine/Pinball Wizard medley, Double Talkin' Jive/Communication Breakdown/Train Kept A Rollin' medley, etc.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 09:56:03 AM »

Ah, thank you.? I also noticed its only keyboards and Axl singing, is he or Dizzy playing the piano??

Axl

"...It don't really matter..."
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 10:01:43 AM »

i have a version slash plays guitar on.... is it legit?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Jupa
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 10:04:39 AM »

Its definately possible, you got a source for the track?
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 10:10:03 AM »

It's Alright is on the Technical Ecstasy album that came out in 1976. I like the album but it's definatley not one of Sabbath's best known albums. Dirty Women is also another good track off the album.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
axe
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 10:14:31 AM »

Nah, it's some internet dude who has plugged his guitar in and plays on top of the Live Era track recording himself, then putting it on the internet claiming it to be Slash. It's horrible.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 10:36:08 AM »

It's Alright is on the Technical Ecstasy album that came out in 1976. I like the album but it's definatley not one of Sabbath's best known albums. Dirty Women is also another good track off the album.

I think Technical Ecstasy is one of their best and most underrated albums.  It's got some good hard tracks, a GREAT slow track (She's Gone), and just has a good flow.  Not a single "hit"...but I love that album.  It's not a metal album, though.  More hard rock, I think.

Also, on the Sabbath version of It's Alright, Ozzy isn't on vocals.  I'm pretty sure it's Bill Ward.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 10:49:35 AM »

Yes, as far as I know it is Bill Ward on vocals not Ozzy.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 11:09:37 AM »

Loder: I gather that on the record there's going to be a piano version of a Black Sabbath song? How did that work out?

Rose: Oh, that's on the live [album]. I just like the piano song ["It's Alright"] and the words, and when you play it for people, they had no idea it was a Black Sabbath song.

Loder: [Laughs]

Rose: So it was just kind of fun, and then it worked out as a intro to "November Rain" live, and it just so happened that [it] came out well on tape, so we were able to use it. Del James worked for a couple of years off and on going though every single show we did on DAT tape from the "Use Your Illusion" tour and then every available tape, and finding tapes, and finding people that have recorded things, so he could have in his mind what was recorded best from the entire time Guns N' Roses was together. There were a lot of difficulties where things weren't... when they were recorded, when they were fully recorded to 24, 48 tracks, it wasn't recorded that well at times, and so it took a long time to find what tracks were available to use, because we had never officially recorded a show to make a live album.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Barney Fife
Opening Act

"Nip it! Nip it! Nip it!"

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 11:20:46 AM »

Here it is on youtube for anybody interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJPy2_RZUgQ&search=guns%20n%20roses

"There once was a deputy called Fife,
Who carried a gun and a knife.
The gun was all dusty,
And his knife was all rusty,
Because he never caught a crook in his life."
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 05:18:58 PM »

I think Technical Ecstasy is one of their best and most underrated albums.? It's got some good hard tracks, a GREAT slow track (She's Gone), and just has a good flow.? Not a single "hit"...but I love that album.? It's not a metal album, though.? More hard rock, I think.

Also, on the Sabbath version of It's Alright, Ozzy isn't on vocals.? I'm pretty sure it's Bill Ward.

is ozzy even on that album at all?? i though i read in like blender the most ting known for that album since ozyy was gone from the band, was gnr's cover on live era... i'm not sure tho, i'm no BS historian
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 05:32:15 PM »

I think Technical Ecstasy is one of their best and most underrated albums.  It's got some good hard tracks, a GREAT slow track (She's Gone), and just has a good flow.  Not a single "hit"...but I love that album.  It's not a metal album, though.  More hard rock, I think.

Also, on the Sabbath version of It's Alright, Ozzy isn't on vocals.  I'm pretty sure it's Bill Ward.

is ozzy even on that album at all?? i though i read in like blender the most ting known for that album since ozyy was gone from the band, was gnr's cover on live era... i'm not sure tho, i'm no BS historian

Yes...he sings all the other songs.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 07:46:32 PM »

Loder: I gather that on the record there's going to be a piano version of a Black Sabbath song? How did that work out?

Rose: Oh, that's on the live [album]. I just like the piano song ["It's Alright"] and the words, and when you play it for people, they had no idea it was a Black Sabbath song.

Loder: [Laughs]

Rose: So it was just kind of fun, and then it worked out as a intro to "November Rain" live, and it just so happened that [it] came out well on tape, so we were able to use it. Del James worked for a couple of years off and on going though every single show we did on DAT tape from the "Use Your Illusion" tour and then every available tape, and finding tapes, and finding people that have recorded things, so he could have in his mind what was recorded best from the entire time Guns N' Roses was together. There were a lot of difficulties where things weren't... when they were recorded, when they were fully recorded to 24, 48 tracks, it wasn't recorded that well at times, and so it took a long time to find what tracks were available to use, because we had never officially recorded a show to make a live album.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

/jarmo

I'd walk over bodies to get to those DAT tapes!? Shocked

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 07:38:07 AM »

I was listening to Live Era the other day and I came upon this song, It's Alright.? Its a great song, but I could not find it on any of the GNR studio albums, anyone know the story behind the song?

It was a Black Sabbath cover, that Axl did as a little diddy opening NR on alot of the UYI shows. I don't think there is a studio version. GN'R were jamming on lots of intros at that time.

It's intro to NR, was really no different than the Sail Away Sweet Sister/Bad Time intro to SCOM, I Was Only Joking/Only Women Bleed to KOHD, Patience/Imagine/Pinball Wizard medley, Double Talkin' Jive/Communication Breakdown/Train Kept A Rollin' medley, etc.

When was there a Train kept a rolling or Communication breakdown medley?? I would love to hearthat..

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 07:41:56 AM »

"All moving parts (stand still)"  is classic Sabbath too!!!

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 07:42:46 AM »

Ithought at some point I had heard a version like this... Maybe on the Skin N' Bones tour?

Joe2
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 11:46:01 AM »

Ithought at some point I had heard a version like this... Maybe on the Skin N' Bones tour?

Axl and slash played 'dust in the wind' by Todd Trungeon (sp?) as an intro to NR during the Skin N' Bones tour.

My DVD collection - www.freewebs.com/luke-joe2/
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: