Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:19:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R Fan Club
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Fan Club  (Read 4431 times)
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 05:59:39 PM »

There are people who listen to music for reasons like that.

I, for one, am not one of them.

Neither am I. I have the new and old Evanescence records, but I didn't think they were worth paying for. I do, however, own all of Guns' old records other than Spaghetti Incident, and I will certainly buy CD. The problem I have, being a fan, is that Axl (whether intentionally or NOT) makes himself and all of us look like damn fools each time he makes big time promises and (whether intentionally or NOT) breaks them. I guess he just doesn't give a flying fuck about his reputation, but each time you don't live up to something, you lose credibility with the general public. Diehards like us will always be there regardless, but the general public has been and will continue laughing at both him and us until he finally delivers.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 06:03:12 PM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
littlefallsmets
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 06:09:21 PM »

Putting myself in Axl's shoes? Tens of millions of dollars, mansion in Malibu, a legacy of being in the dominant rock band from the mid-to-late 1980s through the early-to-mid 1990s? A personal history of being shredded by the press and by people I used to trust?

I'd probably go obsessive-compulsive perfectionist too, to be honest.

The money from another album effectively means nothing to the guy. The whole schmear would be about proving something to the world, that he's still "got it" and can still go ten rounds with anyone who was still in diapers when he was ripping up the Sunset Strip like an animal.

I can... completely identify with nitpicking myself out of release dates over and over and over again. Christ, I'm a nobody nowhere and I do that to myself with my writing. If I had the ability to let things that might not be perfect go out into the world... I might not being living in Van Nuys, my brothers and sisters.

I can't fault a dude for something I would do myself and indeed do myself.

It's disappointing but I can't get my boxers in a bunch over it.

cody6977
Headliner

sometimes I pee when I poop

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 06:13:59 PM »

I'm pretty certain that every time a "date" has been set for Chinese Democracy by... Axl or someone legitimately in the new GNR camp... they've genuinely believed it. What's the benefit in a round of hype that they KNOW would backfire if it didn't pan out?

Maybe fake hype would be of a benefit... after two years idle? Three years idle? That it would "remind" that Axl and/or GNR and/or the album are still out there? Sure.

But ten or fifteen years later, there's no benefit. Returns have diminished on such things while negative effects have grown. Pretty sure everyone in that circle knows that. At this point, even tours aren't benefitted by those rumours... the BIG tour with the fifteen-minute sellouts isn't going to happen until there's an album on the shelves.

As a consumer, do you have a right to be be frustrated by the fact that... just because they've believed it was going to happen, didn't mean it was going to happen? Sure. Vote with your dollars by not buying tour tickets or new merchandise if you believe that.

Axl's instability, perfectionism and tendency to settle personal and business scores at the detriment of making studio albums... have pretty much always been the other side of the double-edged sword of the dude's brilliance at rock n' roll music.

You buy the GNR ticket, you take that ride. Axl's both probably a genius and probably a little bit crazy. You don't want that ride? Fine, don't buy the ticket. I'm pretty much at peace as a fan that... you don't get one without the other.

A dude swingin' that double-edged sword is gonna say a lot of things he means at that moment and... they're not all gonna come to pass. It isn't gonna be because the dude was "lying" at the moment, it's gonna be because the dude's particular kind of genius comes with a large measure of distractability and an instinct toward takin' his ball and going home when he isn't getting his way.

You don't like it? Don't like it, that's fine.

But to bitch and moan about being "lied" to by a person you've never met and will never meet... because of pre-existing negative conditions that are part and parcel of the positive benefits... it just comes off as childish and unproductive.

I've seen two of the Chinese Democracy iterations of GNR... once in Albany, NY years ago... once in LA, last month... and they were really f-ing good. I can wait, these people don't owe me anything.

If you don't like it, I'm sure... like... evanvescence has an album out or something for you. For twenty dollars, you can buy their CD and pretend they're good because you'd probably have sex with the girl singer if you were half-drunk at last call.

Putting myself in Axl's shoes? Tens of millions of dollars, mansion in Malibu, a legacy of being in the dominant rock band from the mid-to-late 1980s through the early-to-mid 1990s? A personal history of being shredded by the press and by people I used to trust?

I'd probably go obsessive-compulsive perfectionist too, to be honest.

The money from another album effectively means nothing to the guy. The whole schmear would be about proving something to the world, that he's still "got it" and can still go ten rounds with anyone who was still in diapers when he was ripping up the Sunset Strip like an animal.

I can... completely identify with nitpicking myself out of release dates over and over and over again. Christ, I'm a nobody nowhere and I do that to myself with my writing. If I had the ability to let things that might not be perfect go out into the world... I might not being living in Van Nuys, my brothers and sisters.

I can't fault a dude for something I would do myself and indeed do myself.

It's disappointing but I can't get my boxers in a bunch over it.

Well said, I couldn't agree more..... beer  from little falls mn?
littlefallsmets
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 06:43:22 PM »

Little Falls, NY. Population 4,500 in the whitetrash Adirondack Mountains.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 07:15:59 PM »

That "stuff" will probably be launched when the album is released.

You don't start an official fan club when you have nothing to give to the fans.

I believe that those who bought their tickets through the site, will get 3 months as promised.

GN'R keep their promises and are honest to their fans.

"Fall or late fall." - Axl on the Eddie Trunk show, 2006

"It [Chinese Democracy] IS this year." - Axl at the 2006 MTV VMA's

Honest to their fans, eh?

you didn't read Axl's letter to the fans I take it.    He explained that.   At that time, it was understood the album WAS coming out in 2006.   

Oh I read it, I just don't believe it.

That is your problem. The fact that YOU don't believe it, doesn't mean that Axl lied to his fans.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 07:34:49 PM »

Why? Did they break a promise?

Or did they lie to their fans?

I know I heard Axl say its this year several times last year regarding CD.
Tommy, Dizzy, Brain and Fortus has said it plenty to, and Merch said that 2005 would be the year of Guns n roses.
I would call that broken promises.

To the almighty moderator:
I got a negative carma for this, for telling the truth? And I dont care if I you give me another.

Funny, I don't remember Axl making any statements last year.

And don't give me speculation and rumours...

Soon, my friend.

Actually he said soon was not the word, which was in fact true.

Exactly. That 2002 VMA statement is probably the most misinterpreted thing he's ever said in his life.

I believe that those who bought their tickets through the site, will get 3 months as promised.

"Fall or late fall." - Axl discussing Chinese Democracy on the Eddie Trunk show, 2006

Circumstances withheld the album from being released in 2006, and he explained that in his open letter. He takes full responsibility for it's non-releasal, because Axl knows whether fact or fiction, he's gonna take the fall for anything negative that happens with GN'R, unfortunately.

you didn't read Axl's letter to the fans I take it. He explained that. At that time, it was understood the album WAS coming out in 2006.

Oh I read it, I just don't believe it. Watch March 6th come and go, and then what'll you say? He's doing what he always does: blame everyone else. He blames Merck for the mess, but it sounds to me like if Axl is still RECORDING, then it's not Merck's fault the album didn't come out last year. It simply was NOT finished, and I wonder who's fault that is.

I'm an Axl fan, a huge one actually. I wouldn't be here if I weren't. I like the new Guns N' Roses a lot more than Velvet Revolver, so it's not a case of me being a hater. I'm just sick of all the BS coming from the man. As I (and others) have said before, I won't believe anything regarding the album until it is in my hands. This includes the December "Open Letter" straight from Axl himself.

You are exactly the problem with the fans. You are intentionally negative for no absolute reason. You sit on the fence and say they are lying, but yet when the album comes out, you'll say "I always had faith in them". Watch March 6th come and go, and THAT happen.

Neither am I. I have the new and old Evanescence records, but I didn't think they were worth paying for. I do, however, own all of Guns' old records other than Spaghetti Incident, and I will certainly buy CD. The problem I have, being a fan, is that Axl (whether intentionally or NOT) makes himself and all of us look like damn fools each time he makes big time promises and (whether intentionally or NOT) breaks them. I guess he just doesn't give a flying fuck about his reputation, but each time you don't live up to something, you lose credibility with the general public. Diehards like us will always be there regardless, but the general public has been and will continue laughing at both him and us until he finally delivers.

He's never promised you anything. You're a liar.

---------------------------

Back on subject, i'm really looking forward to this fan club. It has the potential for greatness.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 08:28:03 PM »

06 VMAs... Straight from Axl's mouth...

Not that i think he necessarily lied there, things change... But another disappointment for many of us...
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2007, 08:33:14 PM »

06 VMAs... Straight from Axl's mouth...

Not that i think he necessarily lied there, things change... But another disappointment for many of us...

I got 2005 in my head.

Tommy, Dizzy, Brain and Fortus has said it plenty to, and Merch said that 2005 would be the year of Guns n roses.

Yes, Axl did make statements in 2006.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 08:37:35 PM »

I got 2005 in my head.

Oh ok then, we're on the same page  ok
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007, 09:27:36 PM »

I would call that broken promises.

To the almighty moderator:
I got a negative carma for this, for telling the truth? And I dont care if I you give me another.

And don't give me speculation and rumours...

Soon, my friend.

Actually he said soon was not the word, which was in fact true.

Exactly. That 2002 VMA statement is probably the most misinterpreted thing he's ever said in his life.

"Fall or late fall." - Axl discussing Chinese Democracy on the Eddie Trunk show, 2006

Circumstances withheld the album from being released in 2006, and he explained that in his open letter. He takes full responsibility for it's non-releasal, because Axl knows whether fact or fiction, he's gonna take the fall for anything negative that happens with GN'R, unfortunately.

you didn't read Axl's letter to the fans I take it. He explained that. At that time, it was understood the album WAS coming out in 2006.

Oh I read it, I just don't believe it. Watch March 6th come and go, and then what'll you say? He's doing what he always does: blame everyone else. He blames Merck for the mess, but it sounds to me like if Axl is still RECORDING, then it's not Merck's fault the album didn't come out last year. It simply was NOT finished, and I wonder who's fault that is.

I'm an Axl fan, a huge one actually. I wouldn't be here if I weren't. I like the new Guns N' Roses a lot more than Velvet Revolver, so it's not a case of me being a hater. I'm just sick of all the BS coming from the man. As I (and others) have said before, I won't believe anything regarding the album until it is in my hands. This includes the December "Open Letter" straight from Axl himself.

You are exactly the problem with the fans. You are intentionally negative for no absolute reason. You sit on the fence and say they are lying, but yet when the album comes out, you'll say "I always had faith in them". Watch March 6th come and go, and THAT happen.

He's never promised you anything. You're a liar.

---------------------------

Back on subject, i'm really looking forward to this fan club. It has the potential for greatness.

First, no I won't say "I always had faith in them." I have faith in the music, but not in Axl's words. As I said before, I won't believe anything he says until it is actually released. And I'm a liar for pointing out that Axl said multiple times last year that it WAS coming last year? In fact, I seem to remember the term "definitely" being used on the Eddie Trunk show. That's as good as a promise in my book. And you all continue to overlook a point I made about the fact that he was still recording THIS MONTH. If he really did intend to have the album out, the "finishing touch" vocals should have been laid down in September of last year at the latest (when they had a break from touring).

When he said in his letter that "minor" additions were needed, I figured things like promotion, contractual issues, etc. But then recently it was revealed that he had been recording in Las Vegas after the holidays. If he really did think the album would be out in 2006 without having his vocals done, then maybe he's more naive than I was to actually believe that it would be out.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: