Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:25:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Izzy On Chinese Democracy ??
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy On Chinese Democracy ??  (Read 6896 times)
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« on: January 15, 2007, 02:23:06 PM »

So, what are everybody's thoughts as far as Izzy possibly having done some recording sessions on Democracy. True or bs ?? What do you think ?

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 02:25:35 PM »

I believe it. Makes sense. We'll see.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 02:27:07 PM »

Possibly

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »

Let's all wait until the album is out. ?That way we can read the liner notes and have a well-informed discussion on facts rather than speculation. ? ?beer
noGnoG
Headliner

All we need is just a little patience

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 02:28:59 PM »

No chance. This is all about the new band. Izzy was just a guest, to add something nostalgic from the tour. Besides that, three guitarists is enough and Izzy loves to do his own thing.

June 09 '06 - Dublin, Ireland
June 24 '06 - Dessel, Belgium
July 02 '06 - Nijmegen, Holland
October 03 '10 - Arnhem, Holland
June 08 '12 - M?nchengladbach, Germany
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 02:31:01 PM »

Let's all wait until the album is out. ?That way we can read the liner notes and have a well-informed discussion on facts rather than speculation. ? ?beer

Oh, I must have misunderstood the reason for having a fansite. What's so wrong w/ specualting if Izzy is on the CD ? It's not like I started the thread by saying " I heard it's been confirmed that Izzy is on the cd." I'm just asking for opinions, not facts.

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 02:32:25 PM »

Maybe on backing vocals on a song or something, not expecting major input, but like bazgnr said this is pure speculation. ?Grin

"to live with fortune and fame"
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 02:42:25 PM »

Oh, I must have misunderstood the reason for having a fansite. What's so wrong w/ specualting if Izzy is on the CD ? It's not like I started the thread by saying " I heard it's been confirmed that Izzy is on the cd." I'm just asking for opinions, not facts.

Well said. 

Open speculation should be fine.  Speculation disguised as fact through ignorance, incompetence or deceit; obviously not. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 02:43:44 PM »

He may have a songwriting credit or two, but I think that's as far as it will go. And that's only if he is involved at all, which I'd doubt.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 02:45:20 PM »

I don't think so. I think most of the songs on CD are from before Izzy and Axl back together.

Besides that, three guitarists is enough
I think he would only help writing, not actually recording something.

brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 02:47:06 PM »

i bet his vocals pop up on one song...at least!
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 02:47:50 PM »

Well said.?

Open speculation should be fine.? Speculation disguised as fact through ignorance, incompetence or deceit; obviously not.?

Thank you. It's nice to be backed up occasionally by senior board members.

bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 02:48:48 PM »

i bet his vocals pop up on one song...at least!

Here's to hoping that song is T.W.A.T. < Not sure why I am so stuck on this thought. I just think it would be too cool....   ok

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 02:51:52 PM »

I Believe, One Colaboration...

hbk *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 02:53:17 PM »

I'd be very surprised if Izzy did appear on CD.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 02:56:37 PM »

i would love to see izzy appear on CD, but seriously, who the fuck knows

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 03:00:38 PM »

Well said.?

Open speculation should be fine.? Speculation disguised as fact through ignorance, incompetence or deceit; obviously not.?

I was far from taking some kind of shot at you, and I meant no offense if that's how it came off (and personally, I'd love it if Izzy contributed to the album in some way). ?Lately, it doesn't take much for most "what if" threads to quickly become "new band vs. old band," and rampant, unfounded rumor and speculation...I suppose I should have said "I'm going to wait until the album comes out..."
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 03:03:54 PM »

Well said.?

I was far from taking some kind of shot at you, and I meant no offense if that's how it came off (and personally, I'd love it if Izzy contributed to the album in some way). ?Lately, it doesn't take much for most "what if" threads to quickly become "new band vs. old band," and rampant, unfounded rumor and speculation...I suppose I should have said "I'm going to wait until the album comes out..."

No worries. I didn't take it as you taking a shot at me. I was just saying, it seems like a fair thread to start. Everything at the moment is speculation and if we don't speculate than we have nothing. Here's to having something "firm" soon.

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 03:10:03 PM »

Maybe on a writing credit. We know he wrote one song for Axl way back when, Deep Blue Ocean or something, there's always a chance there would be more we don't know about. And he was jamming a bit with the new guys according to one of the backstage reports, but that doesn't mean a song.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 03:40:18 PM »

deep blue ocean? where did you hear about that??

btw, i really doubt izzy is involved with the new album at all

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: