Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:47:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  what happened to the 10 extra tracks?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: what happened to the 10 extra tracks?  (Read 8911 times)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 02:56:47 PM »

"Extra tracks" had to have meant B-Sides and maybe bonus tracks for different versions of the album. For example, Japan will probably get one or two extra tracks on their version of the album but whether those may be actual studio tracks or live tracks is yet to be seen. But when they release singles, we will get B-Sides with them. I bet we will get at least 4 singles out of this album. MOST singles do have extra tracks on them and these could range from demos, acoustic versions of songs, live versions or a new studio track. So the "10 extra tracks" Axl had originally talked about could be any of these things. IT doesn't necessarily mean that we'll get 10 new studio tracks.

Although he did say this awhile ago, we will still be getting B-Sides no matter what, we just don't know how many or what we are getting.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007, 04:02:13 PM »

I still think Chinese Democracy is going to be a double album. I seriously do. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I think a major part of the hold up at this point is the fact that it is going to be a double album. Oh well, we'll see here soon enough.? ?yes?
or maybe a single cd with a tour dvd on the side?  Grin

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 06:16:13 PM »

That was back in 2002. ?Im sure plans, songs etc have changed over the course of 5 years. ?I really wouldn't take what someone said 5 years ago as a plan set in stone. ?

Ditto. I'd lay pretty good odds things have changed since that quote from 2002.

Although at that time, even then, I felt CD, The Blues, and Rhiad were all B-sides. Madagascar was the only song I truely felt was going to be a staple for the album. I don't think that's changed.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2007, 06:17:49 PM »

my dog ate them Lips Sealed

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2007, 07:41:43 PM »

The extra tracks need more cowbell.

Did you say more cowbell?!!

I just want the album. If we get some extra tracks from the singles then cool if not cool. Just as long as the album is out.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 10:07:02 PM »

when gn'r played london in 2002 axl said we'd get the album "and 10 extra tracks", do you think this is still possible?, he also said they were playing songs that probaly won't make the album, these being maddy,the blues, chinese democracy and rhiad, any thoughts? (a great show by the way)

Argh...why does everyone always take this quote out of context?

AXL NEVER SAID THAT MADAGASCAR, THE BLUES, ETC. WOULD NOT BE ON THE ALBUM. HE SAID THAT THEY WOULDN'T BE SINGLES.

Sorry to yell, but everyone always gets that quote wrong and its fairly annoying at this point.

Here's the EXACT quote from gnrontour.com:

"After 'Chinese Democracy,' Axl says, "Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon fr?re! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album!"

Anyway - I assume that the 10 extra tracks will be b-sides to the singles.

In 2002, I always assumed that the "10 extra tracks" would be  the re-recordings of AFD that they were playing on tour (10 of the original 12). But so much has changed since then that I doubt that this quote has any meaning anymore.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 07:18:50 AM »

when gn'r played london in 2002 axl said we'd get the album "and 10 extra tracks", do you think this is still possible?, he also said they were playing songs that probaly won't make the album, these being maddy,the blues, chinese democracy and rhiad, any thoughts? (a great show by the way)

AXL NEVER SAID THAT MADAGASCAR, THE BLUES, ETC. WOULD NOT BE ON THE ALBUM. HE SAID THAT THEY WOULDN'T BE SINGLES.

Sorry to yell, but everyone always gets that quote wrong and its fairly annoying at this point.

"After 'Chinese Democracy,' Axl says, "Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon fr?re! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album!"

In 2002, I always assumed that the "10 extra tracks" would be? the re-recordings of AFD that they were playing on tour (10 of the original 12). But so much has changed since then that I doubt that this quote has any meaning anymore.

That's what I always thought. I thought it'd be a double-disc release, Disc 1-CD / Disc 2-AFD revisted, and would feature most of Appetite, except omitting You're Crazy & Anything Goes. Just a theory.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 08:43:19 PM »

We got one extra track in advance...

Catcher in The Rye
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 09:30:56 PM »

I bet we will get at least 4 singles out of this album. MOST singles do have extra tracks on them and these could range from demos, acoustic versions of songs, live versions or a new studio track.

Singles are rarely released in stores anymore.  I'd be suprised if there was more than 1, hell I'd be suprised if there was even one..

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007, 08:52:01 AM »

I bet we will get at least 4 singles out of this album. MOST singles do have extra tracks on them and these could range from demos, acoustic versions of songs, live versions or a new studio track.

Singles are rarely released in stores anymore.? I'd be suprised if there was more than 1, hell I'd be suprised if there was even one..

I haven't seen a single in awhile.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
madagas
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2007, 09:11:03 AM »

With the price tag on this puppy, I don't see any "extra tracks" being released. They need to make every song count to recoup on their investment. hihi
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 06:08:07 PM »

I think Axl should choose 3 b-sides and put them on movie soundtracks or comilations....

2 b sides that would be good for this are..

Catcher In The Rye

Rhiad and The Bedouins

and maybe one other one we haven't heard yet.... peace
MisterSaintLaurent
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 04:27:47 PM »

Singles are rarely released in stores anymore.? I'd be suprised if there was more than 1, hell I'd be suprised if there was even one..

Just because singles aren't released in the United States doesn't mean they aren't released elsewhere. We were the only country dumb enough to gladly buy an album for one song if there wasn't a single available, so before long singles became obsolete in this country.

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007, 07:32:24 PM »

Just because singles aren't released in the United States doesn't mean they aren't released elsewhere. We were the only country dumb enough to gladly buy an album for one song if there wasn't a single available, so before long singles became obsolete in this country.

No, that's not true at all. What we got tired of, was paying $5 retail at most places for a single, when we could just buy the entire album for $5 more. We were the only country smart enough to catch on.

The bottom line is times have changed, and singles just aren't profitable anymore, at least in the U.S. I didn't even know people still did them overseas. With downloads becoming the huge format they have, anymore people just can't or won't shell down the cash for even the cheapest single. Unless a single is released, disc, artwork, n' all for only 99-cents American, most folks are just gonna jump on iTunes and download the track.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2007, 07:34:21 AM »

Singles are rarely released in stores anymore.  I'd be suprised if there was more than 1, hell I'd be suprised if there was even one..

No, that's not true at all. What we got tired of, was paying $5 retail at most places for a single, when we could just buy the entire album for $5 more. We were the only country smart enough to catch on.

The bottom line is times have changed, and singles just aren't profitable anymore, at least in the U.S. I didn't even know people still did them overseas. With downloads becoming the huge format they have, anymore people just can't or won't shell down the cash for even the cheapest single. Unless a single is released, disc, artwork, n' all for only 99-cents American, most folks are just gonna jump on iTunes and download the track.

You're right, at least in the States the digital download really is the new single. I've always thought of the "single" as whatever gets released to radio for airplay.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
SDMF
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2007, 11:01:53 AM »

in edmonton, canada  ive never seen a ingle ever
hell sometimes teh store doesnt havea  ny gnr. i was in an diego and seen the UYI in Tokyo on cd, thast never here, the gnr interview on cd, never here
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2007, 11:12:22 AM »

in edmonton, canada? ive never seen a ingle ever
hell sometimes teh store doesnt havea? ny gnr. i was in an diego and seen the UYI in Tokyo on cd, thast never here, the gnr interview on cd, never here

Most places I go into nowadays, even here in the states, usually only carry GH.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2007, 11:44:49 AM »

in edmonton, canada? ive never seen a ingle ever
hell sometimes teh store doesnt havea? ny gnr. i was in an diego and seen the UYI in Tokyo on cd, thast never here, the gnr interview on cd, never here

Most places I go into nowadays, even here in the states, usually only carry GH.

I see AFD,
UYI (both I and II)
And Lies, when I look.

The Best Buy near me
Stocks "Spaghetti Incident"
Most  of the time, too.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2007, 04:00:54 PM »

In 2002, I always assumed that the "10 extra tracks" would be? the re-recordings of AFD that they were playing on tour (10 of the original 12). But so much has changed since then that I doubt that this quote has any meaning anymore.

They damn well better not have AFD tracks on there, i will shit a brick.  I want new ass material and nothing but, they did not use all this time in the studio to fucking make songs we already know.  Give me a dvd with those songs but hell no do i want those songs again!

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2007, 01:26:48 PM »

I haven't bought a single since RHCP released the By The Way single in 2002. I don't really see them anywhere here in Brussels either. but Ive only been here 6 months, and I haven't really been looking for them. I have definately seen them at home in Norway latelyish. within the last couple of years.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: