Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 09:25:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who Thinks Chinese Democracy will go in at number 1 on the Billboard Charts?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Thinks Chinese Democracy will go in at number 1 on the Billboard Charts?  (Read 19800 times)
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2007, 01:13:25 PM »

Not at first, no. And when It does, It'll probably stay a few weeks and begin to drop. It all depends on whether or not there is something for everybody on there.

Like for me, I want a "Don't Cry" and a "Patience". I don't want all hard metal. I like GN'Rs Softer side.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2007, 02:41:51 PM »

GNR Are en Top Ten in Charts year 2007.

hbk *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
cocoscum
Opening Act

So far out from the shore

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2007, 02:42:34 PM »

it will debut in the top 3.  Christ Illusion, Slayers new album came out at i think number 6.  And As much as I love Slayer, GnR is a much better, and much more popular band.

Trust me.  I'm probably drunk.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2007, 02:49:19 PM »

damn right  ok
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2007, 03:19:54 PM »

When Contraband came out, it was #1 and I think it sold like 250,000 copies in the first week. Based on that fact alone, CD will most likely end up at #1 without a problem.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2007, 03:21:15 PM »

Contra..whatever was number 1 in the rock charts..
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2007, 03:47:44 PM »

When Contraband came out, it was #1 and I think it sold like 250,000 copies in the first week. Based on that fact alone, CD will most likely end up at #1 without a problem.

Ya you dont have to sell huge amounts to be number 1 any more (in the uk), although 250,000 is alot (for the uk), can see gnr at #1 for sure if it gets the promo. smoking

"to live with fortune and fame"
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2007, 04:24:15 PM »

if the record company promotes it properly and they release a good 1st single i see no reason it shouldnt go number 1

exactly. sure most music sucks these days but good music promoted properly still gets attention. look at Tool's last album.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
habsfan
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2007, 04:35:19 PM »

i dont think so..i think CD will be a flop. better is the only song i think that has mass appeal. thats the only song my friends really like, and even then its mixed results. of course we like the songs, we are gnr fans, we arent the best people to judge how the album will do, so threads like this are pointless and misleading. 10 out of 10 guns n roses fans like guns n roses. that still doesnt tell us anything.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2007, 10:42:59 AM »

First of all the above poster has only heard studio versions of maybe 2 song thatll be on the album and has not heard the whole album so I dont think he can really judge the album right now.  However, because its GNR I feel it will debut in the top 5 but not necessarily number 1.  Remember how well OMG did on the end of days soundtrack, if gnr were still as popular as it was a new single after 12 years would make that soundtrack debut in at least the top 10 (let alone the fact that that soundtrack was full of popular music).  GNR to the public isnt GNR, its Axl and some hired guys.  Axl isnt Axl anymore hes now a botoxed, overweight, 40 something who went from good crazy to bad crazy.  GNR fans who post on their message board will say itll be sweet, but the fact is most GNR fans now fall outside of the leading cd buyer demographics.  Young girls also now have no reason to buy this cd, maybe The Blues could be a uniting ballad, but I dont think it will be.  Also most gnr fans are probably 18-35 yo men, or the group that downloads songs the most and is most fluent with computers, so even if the album doesnt hit number 1, it doesnt mean that the number 1 amount of people recieved the album, they just did so illegally.  GH albums mean nothing, just look at the Stones, their GH and concerts outsell everyone, but they cant give away new albums when they come out.  We are all GNR fans or we wouldnt be here, but you need more evidence to say definitely number 1 or else you jsut sound like a super fan.  I hope the album goes number 1 immediately, and it could, but I think that will be decided more by the events of the next 2 months and less by the actual quality of the music.  GNR needs a makeover to the public, they need something to let the public know that they are back, theyre better than theyve ever been, and its cool to like gnr again. 

Hell I hate the mass cd buying public, theyre dumb, fickel, followers with no taste in music whatsoever.  That being said GNR management (whomever that may be) needs to find a way to win these people over in order to get the top slot and to sell enough cds to keep making music and touring.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2007, 11:06:59 AM »

It will hit number 1 from curiosity buys alone.

It will stay number 1 cause of the fans and Axl's hard work.

von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2007, 11:56:11 AM »

Axl isnt Axl anymore hes now a botoxed, overweight, 40 something who went from good crazy to bad crazy.

Was it really appropriate to throw Axl in for a few quick shots there? Axl's in better shape than most, especially considering his age, and I still think the people who say he's gotten botox are full of shit. He's physically the same guy he was 15 years ago, just older. Besides, take a look at those pics of him from the LA shows they closed the tour with. He's in better fucking shape than he was during the latter parts of the Illusions tour and better shape than most of the guys I know in their early 20s.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2007, 12:45:18 PM »

CD will definetley go to number one in US, i think top ten in uk.

as someone already said, VR were pretty sucessful, and they were billed as 3/5 of guns n roses by everyone, in the end i think thats why a lot of people bought it, i know i did.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2007, 01:11:16 PM »

Not at first, no. And when It does, It'll probably stay a few weeks and begin to drop. It all depends on whether or not there is something for everybody on there.

Like for me, I want a "Don't Cry" and a "Patience". I don't want all hard metal. I like GN'Rs Softer side.
If the world... might be a good one.
Bevo_Francis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2007, 01:21:44 PM »

The new Arcade Fire album is scheduled to come out on March 6.  That will be tough competition IMO plus it is already being promoted.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2007, 01:33:58 PM »

The new Arcade Fire album is scheduled to come out on March 6.  That will be tough competition IMO plus it is already being promoted.

Are you being sarcastic or serious? I hope to god sarcastic.
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2007, 01:35:53 PM »

The funny thing is that these other Bands Don't have the Name Recognition as Guns N Roses. People don't know who the fuck Arcade Fire is...
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2007, 01:39:21 PM »

I think it has a damn good chance of debuting at number 1.

Oh and who the hell is Arcade Fire???
Never even heard of them.

For the record, I'm buying 4 copies.
EFISH
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2007, 01:40:13 PM »

Never heard of them.  hihi Is that your band or somethin?  hihi

Its bound to go #1.
Bevo_Francis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2007, 01:41:26 PM »

The funny thing is that these other Bands Don't have the Name Recognition as Guns N Roses. People don't know who the fuck Arcade Fire is...

I agree but Arcade Fire seems to be getting a lot of buzz and all of their concerts have sold out.  If GNR had a single already and was promoting, it would not be tough competition but unfortunately, they are not doing that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: