Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:46:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who Thinks Chinese Democracy will go in at number 1 on the Billboard Charts?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Thinks Chinese Democracy will go in at number 1 on the Billboard Charts?  (Read 19696 times)
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2007, 01:51:48 PM »

#1 is not very hard these days, the hard thing is to stay in the top ten. i hope they can do it, but the fact of the matter is nobody buys cd's anymore, everyone just downloads & burns. it's sad but true.
inho
Headliner

Arnold? Who's Arnold?

« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2007, 02:34:11 PM »

of course it will if they ever release the bastard!
GNR has loads of fans and the demos sound good enough to convert new ones too

If this ridiculous album ever comes out, I'm going to buy it 3 times.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2007, 02:55:51 PM »

Axl isnt Axl anymore hes now a botoxed, overweight, 40 something who went from good crazy to bad crazy.

Was it really appropriate to throw Axl in for a few quick shots there? Axl's in better shape than most, especially considering his age, and I still think the people who say he's gotten botox are full of shit. He's physically the same guy he was 15 years ago, just older. Besides, take a look at those pics of him from the LA shows they closed the tour with. He's in better fucking shape than he was during the latter parts of the Illusions tour and better shape than most of the guys I know in their early 20s.

Haha yeah i actually missed a comma there and put a period.  The preceding line was, "Gnr to the public isnt gnr anymore" and I was speaking about the general public which I went on to call dumb and fickel.  Yeah i think Axl looks great and dont think his look even matters at all.  He's always been crazy, thats apart of his genius.  I was just merely pointing out I think it will take some good publicity to move Axl from joke to hero.  Lets face it to the public right now, Axl Rose is a punch line.  It sucks, it shouldnt be that way, it insane how the greatest frontman in the last 30 years is treated by the rock media, but its something that Axl and the guys have to overcome to be commercially successful.  They could be releasing the greatest rock album ever, but it wont matter one bit in sales if the image isnt right.  People who like music and dont care about image and dont buy what MTV sells dont buy cd's.  Yes I know some guy will post after me and be like "i buy 6 cd's a day" etc... but im speaking generally.  The cd buying public now is sadly people over 40 who dont understand computers, people under 14 who dont understand computers and poor people who cant afford computers.  Hence why rap, pop, country and easy listening are gaining higher and higher market shares.  Rock is still number 1, but barely.  If GNR can crack the top 10 and stay in the top ten thats more important than a bunch of GNR fans buying the album on the first day, getting number 1 and then 4 weeks later the album is number 67.  Image will be everything when it comes to the success of the album because the music is complex, it takes several listens to find the melody, and the mass purchasing audience is retarded.  Id be happier if GNR hits number 7 and moves up to number three for a few months, who cares about number 1 I want them to sell as many albums as possilble
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2007, 03:15:39 PM »

I heard GN'R s cover of Hair Of the Dog on Hair Nation (Sirrius) at lunch today. Not really relevant to this particular thread. Just figured I'd mention it cos I never heard that song played on there before.   beer

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2007, 07:11:39 PM »

Of course it will.

Bob Dylan had a number one album last year, that should tell you something about how wretched today's music is.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2007, 07:14:04 PM »

I heard GN'R s cover of Hair Of the Dog on Hair Nation (Sirrius) at lunch today. Not really relevant to this particular thread. Just figured I'd mention it cos I never heard that song played on there before.? ?beer

You don't listen to that channel much, do you? Hair Nation plays that song about once every 18 hours. No joke.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
andreq
Opening Act

Whore

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2007, 09:22:15 PM »

Well, they now have greater compitition for the #1 spot. The Korn Unplugged album was pushed back to March 6th.

Rich people will travel great distances to look at poor people.
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2007, 09:42:31 PM »

I know I will like it so I don't give a shit about other people or billboard for that matter.  Do you think the charts are really that important to Axl or would he be satisfied if his loyal fans only supported his albumn.
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2007, 10:53:12 PM »

Um, I think the more important question here my fellow GNR fanboys that post on message boards like diehard fans usually do.  Is does the album have legs.  How will it do in week 2, there is a guaranteed core of fans that will buy the album first week.  How will it do in week 2, month 6 or after the third single is released.  I will buy two copies.  Lots of the newer younger fans will just download if for free off the internet. 

Dont eat cheese after midnight
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2007, 09:22:56 AM »

why would you buy two copies? that seems like a waste of money.

is it so you feel like you're 'doing your part' in making the album a success? seriously don't waste your money, because i'm sure axl doesn't give a shit if you buy one or 25.
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2007, 09:35:49 AM »

I heard GN'R s cover of Hair Of the Dog on Hair Nation (Sirrius) at lunch today. Not really relevant to this particular thread. Just figured I'd mention it cos I never heard that song played on there before.? ?beer

You don't listen to that channel much, do you? Hair Nation plays that song about once every 18 hours. No joke.

I do hear alot of GN'R on that channel but no, never "Hair of the Dog".   no

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2007, 11:49:33 AM »

There is no doubt in my mind that it will come out as number 1? beer

I think there will be intense interest in a new Guns N Roses album, and I believe that the music will be great,
so I agree it will be number 1.? smoking

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2007, 12:24:55 PM »

It's guaranteed to go to Number 1 on hype and name alone.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
stardustonmyfeet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2007, 12:37:51 PM »

Korn- Unplugged  rofl  They havent put out a decent album since Life Is Peachy.  Korn sux donkey dick!!  GNR will destrory any album that comes out arond the same time as them!
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2007, 12:43:21 PM »

Korn- Unplugged? rofl? They havent put out a decent album since Life Is Peachy.? Korn sux donkey dick!!? GNR will destrory any album that comes out arond the same time as them!

Even Libertad?  Wink Sorry, someone had to throw that one in there.

bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2007, 12:47:33 PM »

Korn- Unplugged? rofl? They havent put out a decent album since Life Is Peachy.? Korn sux donkey dick!!? GNR will destrory any album that comes out arond the same time as them!

Even Libertad?? Wink Sorry, someone had to throw that one in there.

So, now we're sweating Korn Unplugged coming out the same day as ' Democracy ' ??  hihi

SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2007, 12:59:55 PM »

Even Libertad?? Wink Sorry, someone had to throw that one in there.

So, now we're sweating Korn Unplugged coming out the same day as ' Democracy ' Huh hihi

I'm scared now.  nervous

axleu
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2007, 01:08:06 PM »

The two reasons why I want this album to sell a lot: to witness some people showing their real double talkin' jive faces and so that the "new" G n' R could put out other records!
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2007, 01:20:59 PM »

Axl isnt Axl anymore hes now a botoxed, overweight, 40 something who went from good crazy to bad crazy.

Was it really appropriate to throw Axl in for a few quick shots there? Axl's in better shape than most, especially considering his age, and I still think the people who say he's gotten botox are full of shit. He's physically the same guy he was 15 years ago, just older. Besides, take a look at those pics of him from the LA shows they closed the tour with. He's in better fucking shape than he was during the latter parts of the Illusions tour and better shape than most of the guys I know in their early 20s.

Haha yeah i actually missed a comma there and put a period.  The preceding line was, "Gnr to the public isnt gnr anymore" and I was speaking about the general public which I went on to call dumb and fickel.  Yeah i think Axl looks great and dont think his look even matters at all.  He's always been crazy, thats apart of his genius.  I was just merely pointing out I think it will take some good publicity to move Axl from joke to hero.  Lets face it to the public right now, Axl Rose is a punch line.  It sucks, it shouldnt be that way, it insane how the greatest frontman in the last 30 years is treated by the rock media, but its something that Axl and the guys have to overcome to be commercially successful.  They could be releasing the greatest rock album ever, but it wont matter one bit in sales if the image isnt right.  People who like music and dont care about image and dont buy what MTV sells dont buy cd's.  Yes I know some guy will post after me and be like "i buy 6 cd's a day" etc... but im speaking generally.  The cd buying public now is sadly people over 40 who dont understand computers, people under 14 who dont understand computers and poor people who cant afford computers.  Hence why rap, pop, country and easy listening are gaining higher and higher market shares.  Rock is still number 1, but barely.  If GNR can crack the top 10 and stay in the top ten thats more important than a bunch of GNR fans buying the album on the first day, getting number 1 and then 4 weeks later the album is number 67.  Image will be everything when it comes to the success of the album because the music is complex, it takes several listens to find the melody, and the mass purchasing audience is retarded.  Id be happier if GNR hits number 7 and moves up to number three for a few months, who cares about number 1 I want them to sell as many albums as possilble

I don't see how Axl is a punchline to the "general" public, to most of the general public GNR was a band in the late 80s who released Sweet child and November rain. If a bunch of "rock fans" at the download festival wern't aware that slash wasn't in the band until they hit the stage then how can you expect the general public to know whats going on? I bet if you walked down the street and asked about Chinese Democracy the general respnse would be "what?". Its the media that Axl is a joke to, not the public. I agree with the rest of your post though.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2007, 02:30:25 PM »

I don't see how Axl is a punchline to the "general" public, to most of the general public GNR was a band in the late 80s who released Sweet child and November rain. If a bunch of "rock fans" at the download festival wern't aware that slash wasn't in the band until they hit the stage then how can you expect the general public to know whats going on? I bet if you walked down the street and asked about Chinese Democracy the general respnse would be "what?". Its the media that Axl is a joke to, not the public.

Me either. I hear/see the 'Axl is joke' line only on the net. well actually on fan boards and the links from there.

Most people who don't read rock magazines would go-----"Guns N Roses? heard of it! it's a great band of mid 80s ~90s and the vocalist Axl Rose was like an embodiment of rock n roll. dunno what became of the band." -------that's the very general public I know.

I doubt that the bunch at the download festival didn't know slash's whereabout.  idiotic as they were, I think, they read kerrang.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: