Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:03:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who Thinks Chinese Democracy will go in at number 1 on the Billboard Charts?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Thinks Chinese Democracy will go in at number 1 on the Billboard Charts?  (Read 22015 times)
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 01:39:01 AM »

numero uno

number one

baby!

it's a real come back album and a huge mystery as well, definately a number one!

beer

Fuck All Y'all
patmac54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007, 02:01:38 AM »

it will be number 1, has to
Orgasmatron
Headliner

Hey, Chicken Boy..

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 02:03:50 AM »

It'll probably debut low I reckon.. Unless there's a single well in advance lol ok

But as people hear the songs, they'll probably get into it and depending on the quality of the tracks (should be amazing) they should end up #1 for at least 1-2 months.

But that's all speculation.. Could bomb.. Huh

The Spaghetti Incident? on NEWGNR.com is quite simply put; God!
Megaguns
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2007, 02:10:55 AM »

It will need some serious promotion leading to the release date, Bearing in mind that alot of people still are unaware that there is a GNR any more.
I say top 5 debut.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2007, 04:01:45 AM »

It will need some serious promotion leading to the release date, Bearing in mind that alot of people still are unaware that there is a GNR any more.
I say top 5 debut.

The frenzy & national news coverage that was caused by the demos leaking, with positive results... I think it will do just fine. People are well aware of GN'R.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 04:23:31 AM »

i think so.....

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 04:59:41 AM »

of course it will, the expectations and buzz alone will make it soar to the top.
don't forget that the billboard isn't just made up by cheesy teeny pop records.

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2007, 05:25:55 AM »

I

I have never seen so many tree
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2007, 05:30:10 AM »

At least the first week.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2007, 05:31:38 AM »

of course it will, the expectations and buzz alone will make it soar to the top.
don't forget that the billboard isn't just made up by cheesy teeny pop records.
yeah, but Im not surprise if Britney new single hit #1 and GN'R hit second. MTV loves Britney so much. no no peace

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007, 05:52:43 AM »

who's talking about MTV? this is billboard, a whole different thing.

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2007, 07:24:36 AM »

i think it will. the final days of r 'n b are finally over!
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2007, 07:38:18 AM »

This album debuting at #1 shouldn't even be a question. To everyone who thinks the market has changed so much that this band isn't even relevant anymore, that simply nobody cares and that we're hoping for top 5 or top 20!? Fuck that. Greatest Hits. That's all I have to say. Look at the numbers and wait for the new album. This is gonna blow the top off of everything. If the market for music has changed so much, it's about to change again.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2007, 07:57:41 AM »

This album debuting at #1 shouldn't even be a question. To everyone who thinks the market has changed so much that this band isn't even relevant anymore, that simply nobody cares and that we're hoping for top 5 or top 20!? Fuck that. Greatest Hits. That's all I have to say. Look at the numbers and wait for the new album. This is gonna blow the top off of everything. If the market for music has changed so much, it's about to change again.

greatest hits sold well because it was packed full of songs every fucker knows. some people would have bought it because of scom alone.

CD is a whole different ball game, you cannot say because the greatest hits sold well CD will.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2007, 09:17:53 AM »

greatest hits sold well because it was packed full of songs every fucker knows. some people would have bought it because of scom alone.

CD is a whole different ball game, you cannot say because the greatest hits sold well CD will.

True it had those songs, but overall the tracklist was spotty at best. It also came out of the gates with little to no promotion or set up, no new single as most hits packages now have, and no supporting tour. It wasn't even supported by the band, publicly! I think if people wanted a song like SCOM, then the opportunity for them to buy AFD has always been there. Besides, they could have just downloaded those songs, the downloading motherfuckers. Fact is people want to hear from this band, whether it's a third rate, bastardized hits package or a long-gestating new album that more people than a lot of us realize have been waiting for. See, a lot of people on these boards think that with us as the "real" fan base, our expectations and opinions are biased, we expect more from this than can be delivered, and as such we all should seemingly aim lower. But people here are aiming too low on this one. It's not a new album by a band that used to be really hot in the late 80s/early 90s but is more of a nostalgia trip at best. It's a new album by the last band to become rock legends. It's a new album by Guns N' Fucking Roses. It's Chinese Democracy. When it drops, the whole landscape shifts with it.
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2007, 09:45:55 AM »

i'd love to see it at #1, but i highly doubt it will happen...
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2007, 09:46:18 AM »

gotta debut at #1!!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2007, 09:46:58 AM »

gnr will rule the world once again in 2007.....#1 album, successful tour, .....

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Orgasmatron
Headliner

Hey, Chicken Boy..

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2007, 10:12:50 AM »

Debut low, rise later. smoking

The Spaghetti Incident? on NEWGNR.com is quite simply put; God!
cpaxlvacy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2007, 10:30:01 AM »

True it had those songs, but overall the tracklist was spotty at best. It also came out of the gates with little to no promotion or set up, no new single as most hits packages now have, and no supporting tour. It wasn't even supported by the band, publicly! I think if people wanted a song like SCOM, then the opportunity for them to buy AFD has always been there. Besides, they could have just downloaded those songs, the downloading motherfuckers. Fact is people want to hear from this band, whether it's a third rate, bastardized hits package or a long-gestating new album that more people than a lot of us realize have been waiting for. See, a lot of people on these boards think that with us as the "real" fan base, our expectations and opinions are biased, we expect more from this than can be delivered, and as such we all should seemingly aim lower. But people here are aiming too low on this one. It's not a new album by a band that used to be really hot in the late 80s/early 90s but is more of a nostalgia trip at best. It's a new album by the last band to become rock legends. It's a new album by Guns N' Fucking Roses. It's Chinese Democracy. When it drops, the whole landscape shifts with it.

the problem is that this is a new line up, it's like a debut for a new band if you now what i mean, of course i hope it debuts at number 1 and sells millions of records, we only need to wait and see what happens.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: