Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:56:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Blues
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Blues  (Read 81599 times)
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #460 on: August 29, 2006, 04:32:22 AM »

I like the way it sounds now, the all piano intro is cool.  The song starts off slow and builds up, I like that.  But did they take out that flute like synth they did in 02 because Im having a hard time hearing it. confused  That was such a beautiful sound. love peace

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #461 on: August 29, 2006, 05:27:33 AM »

I dig the old one more.

gnrevolution.com
Longpig
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #462 on: August 29, 2006, 06:29:07 AM »

The new beginning is much better - the old beginning sounded dated..

LP
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #463 on: August 29, 2006, 06:33:24 AM »

Hahaha dude the guittar riff at the beginning just before axl started singing, was Robin not BH,bucket was on the accustic guittar..

frankly i don't care who played it. it was awsome b4, no guitar made it worst. i think it shows the band is lacking since BH left. axl is just mucking his thru now.
So the band suffers even though he didn't play the intro on The Blues? Wow, yo make as much sense as AxlRoseVen.

to 31 illusions:

clearly you are pro bh, thats fine by me. but saying a song is crap now because he's not playing on it anymore is crazy, especially when he does nothing during the song..

he could walk off stage and grab a beer and the song would've sounded no different! i liked bh's playing on other songs, but you my friend are just jumping on the bh comeback wagon. sad. it aint gonna happen.

this band has finally sorted its image (like it or not image sells records too!) and they have the right attitude and it looks like whatever held them back before they are now free to release the album and tour.

bh is gone, get over ot!!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #464 on: August 29, 2006, 06:34:20 AM »

and fink played the solo to the blues. least he did at glasgow and hammersmith if i remember right

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #465 on: August 29, 2006, 06:36:42 AM »

i saw gnr back in 02 and have a bootleg from the same tour. When they played the blues back then there was a quick guitar riff at the beginning just before axl started singing. Now it's just piano. i feel the song suffers as a result. just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Agreed. The 2006 version sounds empty near the begining. The 2001/2002 Rio version is still my favourite mix? beer

During the intro to the 2001/2002 Rio version of the Blues, the guitar adds a level anxiety of the track  peace
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 06:39:41 AM by codenameninja » Logged
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #466 on: August 29, 2006, 06:39:12 AM »

i saw gnr back in 02 and have a bootleg from the same tour. When they played the blues back then there was a quick guitar riff at the beginning just before axl started singing. Now it's just piano. i feel the song suffers as a result. just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Agreed. The 2006 version sounds empty near the begining. The 2002 Rio version is still my favourite mix? beer

My favourite was Leeds 2002, although the sound quality is pretty lame, it's such an amazing version.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #467 on: August 29, 2006, 11:30:51 AM »

The new version is ABSOLUTELY better...musically. The piano part in the beginning fits the song and the meaning of it MUCH better. Much more intimate....And it was Fink who did the old guitar part.....not the goofball with the KFC hat.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #468 on: August 29, 2006, 11:32:10 AM »

I miss that riff too ...  Cry

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #469 on: August 29, 2006, 11:41:29 AM »

Robin played the guitar intro for the blues not BH

Ooh, strike one for Dave. It was Fortus. Robin played the solo...

I'm pretty sure it's Finck.  Huh
It was Fortus (and Paul Tobias before, even if it sounded weaker, it was almost the same riff). He also played the outro solo.

Shirell
« Reply #470 on: August 29, 2006, 11:44:16 AM »

I love this song with or without the riff... still a great song yes
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #471 on: August 29, 2006, 11:53:55 AM »

Love it better without the intro riff. At first I didnt, but now it makes the song more beautiful. I love it, its probably my favorite new song, or at least favorite new ballad. This song is gonna be a masterpiece on the record. Cant wait.  drool
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #472 on: August 29, 2006, 11:56:29 AM »

Love it better without the intro riff. At first I didnt, but now it makes the song more beautiful. I love it, its probably my favorite new song, or at least favorite new ballad. This song is gonna be a masterpiece on the record. Cant wait.? drool

The Blues and Madagascar studio recordings are what I am looking foward to the most.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #473 on: August 29, 2006, 12:11:30 PM »

Robin played the guitar intro for the blues not BH

Ooh, strike one for Dave. It was Fortus. Robin played the solo...

What ever it still was not Buckethead.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #474 on: August 29, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

yeah i've noticed that there is no guitar in the intro now.. but it's still one of the best songs ever by gn'r IMO  ok
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #475 on: August 29, 2006, 12:37:05 PM »

How anyone can want the 02 abortion back is beyond me.

Go to a show if you are in the States and you will see ok
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #476 on: August 29, 2006, 12:38:03 PM »

How anyone can want the 02 abortion back is beyond me.

Go to a show if you are in the States and you will see ok

What he said...

1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #477 on: August 29, 2006, 01:15:16 PM »

Hahaha dude the guittar riff at the beginning just before axl started singing, was Robin not BH,bucket was on the accustic guittar..

frankly i don't care who played it.? it was awsome b4, no guitar made it worst. i think it shows the band is lacking since BH left. axl is just mucking his thru now.

I used to hate Buckethead, but after hearing the leaks and his solo on TWAT, I realized he was really a great twist for the new band. I do miss his presence now, which is strange.

First off, I am a buckethead fan and was? before he was ever associated with gnr, but how do you know for fact that Bucket is even on the leaks? to my knowledge it's never been confirmed. Sure, it sounds like something bucket would play, but it very well could've been Fortus (i doubt it was Finck,but who knows). When Better was first leaked everyone was so sure that it was a Bucket tune, and then at Hammerstein Axl made it a point to let everyone know it was a Robin tune.

i don't miss Bucket in gnr. he never should've been there to begin with, and i knew it wouldn't last. He's better off on his own, and Axl & co are better off without him. Bumblefoot does a fine job, but to me he's just this incarnation's Gilby Clarke-except more talented.

I like the 2006 version of The Blues best. I'm sure the studio version will be amazing.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 01:18:03 PM by 1badapple » Logged
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #478 on: August 29, 2006, 01:33:59 PM »

frankly i don't care who played it.  it was awsome b4, no guitar made it worst. i think it shows the band is lacking since BH left. axl is just mucking his thru now.

I used to hate Buckethead, but after hearing the leaks and his solo on TWAT, I realized he was really a great twist for the new band. I do miss his presence now, which is strange.

First off, I am a buckethead fan and was  before he was ever associated with gnr, but how do you know for fact that Bucket is even on the leaks? to my knowledge it's never been confirmed. Sure, it sounds like something bucket would play, but it very well could've been Fortus (i doubt it was Finck,but who knows). When Better was first leaked everyone was so sure that it was a Bucket tune, and then at Hammerstein Axl made it a point to let everyone know it was a Robin tune.

i don't miss Bucket in gnr. he never should've been there to begin with, and i knew it wouldn't last. He's better off on his own, and Axl & co are better off without him. Bumblefoot does a fine job, but to me he's just this incarnation's Gilby Clarke-except more talented.

I like the 2006 version of The Blues best. I'm sure the studio version will be amazing.

Yes, we know BH was on the leaks. The 1999 versions did NOT have Buckethead and both the IRS and TWAT solos are missing.

Axl said Better was a Robin song because Robin wrote/created it. He plays the intro and some of the other stuff. But Bucket did the main solo for Better (the one before the twirly-whirly effect).
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #479 on: August 29, 2006, 01:38:14 PM »

frankly i don't care who played it.? it was awsome b4, no guitar made it worst. i think it shows the band is lacking since BH left. axl is just mucking his thru now.

First off, I am a buckethead fan and was? before he was ever associated with gnr, but how do you know for fact that Bucket is even on the leaks? to my knowledge it's never been confirmed. Sure, it sounds like something bucket would play, but it very well could've been Fortus (i doubt it was Finck,but who knows). When Better was first leaked everyone was so sure that it was a Bucket tune, and then at Hammerstein Axl made it a point to let everyone know it was a Robin tune.

Yes, we know BH was on the leaks. The 1999 versions did NOT have Buckethead and both the IRS and TWAT solos are missing.

Axl said Better was a Robin song because Robin wrote/created it. He plays the intro and some of the other stuff. But Bucket did the main solo for Better (the one before the twirly-whirly effect).

You can tell which Solo's are bucketheads because its really fast/shredding work. Robin's solo's are less extravagent and more melodic without the shredding.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: