Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:40:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Blues
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Blues  (Read 81652 times)
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #440 on: August 28, 2006, 11:30:12 PM »

i saw gnr back in 02 and have a bootleg from the same tour. When they played the blues back then there was a quick guitar riff at the beginning just before axl started singing. Now it's just piano. i feel the song suffers as a result. just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

your screen name is unnecessary.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Steel_Angel
« Reply #441 on: August 28, 2006, 11:32:46 PM »

i saw gnr back in 02 and have a bootleg from the same tour. When they played the blues back then there was a quick guitar riff at the beginning just before axl started singing. Now it's just piano. i feel the song suffers as a result. just wondering if anyone else noticed this.
i like the new blues intro, and your screenname.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #442 on: August 28, 2006, 11:34:29 PM »

of course i noticed it, it sucks without it. it shows how awsome buckethead was. Ron is just walking the line drawn by buckethead. thats what axl gets for pissing BH off.

Hahaha dude the guittar riff at the beginning just before axl started singing, was Robin not BH,bucket was on the accustic guittar..

The song now is more piano oriented and at the ending we have the amazing solo by Fortus. ok

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #443 on: August 28, 2006, 11:35:47 PM »

hey Garry, your right, that aboy, hope your summer went well, I'm going ta Vegas, I'll try ta get some good pics. 

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #444 on: August 28, 2006, 11:37:45 PM »

It doesn't bother me as much as some people. I think on one hand the guitar riff in the beginning made it sound a bit more like an average "pop rock" song (don't get me wrong, it was still brilliant) and the piano-only intro makes it seem more like a ballad now. But it really depends what mood I'm in. Sometimes I want the faster-paced, more aggressive Blues (Boston '02) and sometimes the more ballad-y version fits my mood (NovaRock '06).

I think on the studio album it'll sound better with piano only and a very light underscore of guitar work, but not as heavy a blast as they used in '02.
31illusions
I am the coolest guy I know
Rocker

Axl, slash, duff, izzy & steven. The true GN'R!

« Reply #445 on: August 28, 2006, 11:39:40 PM »

Hahaha dude the guittar riff at the beginning just before axl started singing, was Robin not BH,bucket was on the accustic guittar..

frankly i don't care who played it. ?it was awsome b4, no guitar made it worst. i think it shows the band is lacking since BH left. axl is just mucking his thru now.

There you go, negative karma for you for being a troll. I'll give gandra negative karma as well. Happy now?  Next time you try this behavior will be the last. keep that in mind.

/jarmo
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #446 on: August 28, 2006, 11:40:44 PM »

frankly i don't care who played it.  it was awsome b4, no guitar made it worst. i think it shows the band is lacking since BH left. axl is just mucking his thru now.

I used to hate Buckethead, but after hearing the leaks and his solo on TWAT, I realized he was really a great twist for the new band. I do miss his presence now, which is strange.
31illusions
Rocker

« Reply #447 on: August 28, 2006, 11:42:10 PM »

It doesn't bother me as much as some people. I think on one hand the guitar riff in the beginning made it sound a bit more like an average "pop rock" song (don't get me wrong, it was still brilliant) and the piano-only intro makes it seem more like a ballad now. But it really depends what mood I'm in. Sometimes I want the faster-paced, more aggressive Blues (Boston '02) and sometimes the more ballad-y version fits my mood (NovaRock '06).

I agree with this statement. nuff said. ....thanks Russian.

There you go, negative karma for you for being a troll. I'll give gandra negative karma as well. Happy now?  Next time you try this behavior will be the last. keep that in mind.

/jarmo
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #448 on: August 28, 2006, 11:59:36 PM »

frankly i don't care who played it.  it was awsome b4, no guitar made it worst. i think it shows the band is lacking since BH left. axl is just mucking his thru now.
So the band suffers even though he didn't play the intro on The Blues? Wow, yo make as much sense as AxlRoseVen.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #449 on: August 29, 2006, 12:11:27 AM »

Bucket was not audible on 'The Blues' when he was in the band...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
31illusions
Rocker

« Reply #450 on: August 29, 2006, 12:21:32 AM »

So the band suffers even though he didn't play the intro on The Blues? Wow, yo make as much sense as AxlRoseVen.

First of all i don't know your butt buddy Axlroseven, and i really don't care what you think. fact is the song has changed, not necessarily for the better. it lacks the "boom" it used to have. it just shows the song has changed, since BH, the whole band has changed since BH. Are you some kinda BH hater? But i shouldn't be suprised Axl does what he wants regardless if it's for the better or not.

BTW: who does play the solo on "the Blues '02"?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 12:23:18 AM by 31illusions » Logged

/jarmo
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #451 on: August 29, 2006, 12:35:06 AM »

Robin played the guitar intro for the blues not BH

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #452 on: August 29, 2006, 12:35:44 AM »

First of all i don't know your butt buddy Axlroseven, and i really don't care what you think. fact is the song has changed, not necessarily for the better. it lacks the "boom" it used to have. it just shows the song has changed, since BH, the whole band has changed since BH. Are you some kinda BH hater? But i shouldn't be suprised Axl does what he wants regardless if it's for the better or not.

BTW: who does play the solo on "the Blues '02"?
It didn't change because Bucketfuck left. He didn't even have much of a part in the song, and if you read the thread, you'd know that, along with the answer to your question. And yes, I hate Bucketfuck.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #453 on: August 29, 2006, 12:48:13 AM »

im glad that riff is gone, i thought it kinda sucked.
EccoTides
« Reply #454 on: August 29, 2006, 01:24:15 AM »

I miss the opening riff - Gave the song a nice jumping-off point... now it sounds kinda limp.
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #455 on: August 29, 2006, 01:32:45 AM »

I like The Blues right now as it is. A lot of Queen we have there. Beautiful intro and good guitar. I`m just wandering - is anybody know what melody Dizzy plays on the piano before The Blues? It`s very very beautiful melody...
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #456 on: August 29, 2006, 02:41:07 AM »

Ooh, strike one for Dave. It was Fortus. Robin played the solo...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #457 on: August 29, 2006, 02:45:56 AM »

Ooh, strike one for Dave. It was Fortus. Robin played the solo...

I'm pretty sure it's Finck.  Huh
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #458 on: August 29, 2006, 03:56:20 AM »

the blues without the intro riff is more intimate, but i still don't like the part where the drum kicks in. it's too poppy for some reason. the rest of the song is great though.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #459 on: August 29, 2006, 04:05:00 AM »

The Blues is one of "the big guns" and will be a classic GNR track. I personally love that song.. love

Yaa i noticed the different in the begining, but i like it and the song has going thru a lot of changes since 2001...
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: