Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:29:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Blues
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Blues  (Read 82258 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #360 on: September 12, 2005, 04:59:17 PM »

But November Rain is more than a song, it changed the face of Rock music. It's like Bohemian Rhapsody and Stairway To Heaven. Even better.

Nesquick, I admire your enthusiasm although I doubt any objective music fan on the planet shares your opinion.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #361 on: September 12, 2005, 05:24:29 PM »

But November Rain is more than a song, it changed the face of Rock music. It's like Bohemian Rhapsody and Stairway To Heaven. Even better.

Nesquick, I admire your enthusiasm although I doubt any objective music fan on the planet shares your opinion.

I think the closest GNR have to a song of that stature in their canon, is undoubtedly SCOM, in fact I'd say in terms of a timelessly popular rock classic, it's right up there.

Case in point, I was in a club with some colleagues Friday just been having an after work drink, and SCOM came on amidst mainly top 40 R&B songs etc... The dancefloor just went nuts, I was amazed to watch it, everyone singing along to every word - including people in their early 20's who wouldnt remember when it came out.

It just illustrated to me again, not only what a great song it is, but also what a genre classic it is. Absolutley in the same league as Stairway and Rhapsody
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 05:27:50 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #362 on: September 12, 2005, 05:47:32 PM »

Quote from: jimmythegent link=topic=20356.msg390859#msg390859

I think the closest GNR have to a song of that stature in their canon, is undoubtedly SCOM, in fact I'd say in terms of a timelessly popular rock classic, it's right up there.

Yep, it's definately the signature song of the band.?

Easily the most memorable of their entire catalog.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 06:09:41 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #363 on: September 12, 2005, 05:57:17 PM »

Paradise City is very memorable in it's own right, but I see how SCOM would be spun over it in some places

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #364 on: September 12, 2005, 06:24:52 PM »

Welcome to the jungle is the gnr timeless classic and the Sig song of gnr. Its still played in every sporting arena atleast in the USA not sure about the world.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #365 on: September 12, 2005, 06:44:03 PM »

Welcome to the jungle is the gnr timeless classic and the Sig song of gnr. Its still played in every sporting arena atleast in the USA not sure about the world.

it's a hard rock classic alright, but SCOM is the biggest of the lot - it transcendes all genres

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #366 on: September 12, 2005, 07:04:29 PM »

it's a hard rock classic alright, but SCOM is the biggest of the lot - it transcendes all genres

For sure, for mass appeal it's SCOM.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #367 on: September 13, 2005, 10:20:49 AM »

yea its great song right after madagascar
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #368 on: September 30, 2005, 12:38:17 PM »

I was thinking about something concerning "the blues". It would be cool to have all the band members singing the last part in chorus at the end of the song "ooh ooooh ooooooh" like in Don't cry where the old band sang all together the last part in chorus? after the Slash solo. Do you see what I mean?
the last part, in chorus all together. It would be even more amazing on "The Blues".

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
madagas
« Reply #369 on: September 30, 2005, 12:48:01 PM »

I heard they changed the title of the Blues to "Yesterday's Rain." Any truth to the rumor?? Grin
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #370 on: September 30, 2005, 01:41:05 PM »

I heard they changed the title of the Blues to "Yesterday's Rain." Any truth to the rumor?? Grin

I thought it was changed to Eugloy of a broken heart.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #371 on: September 30, 2005, 02:54:13 PM »

I was thinking about something concerning "the blues". It would be cool to have all the band members singing the last part in chorus at the end of the song "ooh ooooh ooooooh" like in Don't cry where the old band sang all together the last part in chorus  after the Slash solo. Do you see what I mean?
the last part, in chorus all together. It would be even more amazing on "The Blues".
[Young Darth Vader]Nooooooooooooo![/Young Darth Vader]

Just leave the song the way it is (well, at least the way it was back in 2002). Wink

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #372 on: October 22, 2005, 03:26:49 PM »

Here is a cool version of the blues, thanks goes to bloodyroses
http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=386871AS4TA8N3SI6E6QSWJ118

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #373 on: October 22, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »

Here is a cool version of the blues, thanks goes to bloodyroses
http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=386871AS4TA8N3SI6E6QSWJ118
na. Sorry but it doesn't sound good to me. Way too much effects. Axl sounds like a cosmonaut on that one.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 03:56:58 PM by nesquick » Logged

themovieaddict.com
« Reply #374 on: October 22, 2005, 05:26:01 PM »

This is the best "new" Guns N' Roses song. Madagascar is very good too but The Blues actually makes the hairs on my neck stand up. It's amazing. The outro (as others have mentioned) is amazing.

I'd buy CD just for a studio version.

As for the guy who thinks it's "boring"...there's no accounting for taste!  Grin
misterbrownstone
« Reply #375 on: October 22, 2005, 05:58:58 PM »

the blues is the most amazing song EVER.  i dont' care if you don't agree with me, but that song means everything to me.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #376 on: October 22, 2005, 07:12:39 PM »

The Blues is very good. But.. I would definitly want a version different than the 02 one.. the song could be a bit more defined. But I do love it. Im just saying.. for it to be a single.. it would have to be easier for the public to digest... especally because most people attribute GN'R to harder rock. Axl himself said that the new songs played during the '02 tour wouldn't be singles.. but I guess theres a chance that that changed. And here we are.. in '05 STILL waiting for the "big guns"

Roll Eyes

I think Madagascar could be great... but to me.. its the definition of an overbloated ballad. And I do like ballads.. so don't say I can't understand something "deep"... its just boring and overdramatic.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #377 on: October 23, 2005, 01:04:22 AM »

It's a good song. Classic? We'll have to wait to see about that.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #378 on: October 25, 2005, 02:50:47 AM »

Three years later, and this song is still held in very high regard. This thread is the most positive thread on here that mentions the new material. If any of the "new" songs is guaranteed to be on the album, its this one. To not include it on CD would cause a backlash. Even though its only on crappy bootleg recordings, the song has special meaning to alot of people, which shows the power of the song.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #379 on: October 25, 2005, 07:39:10 PM »

Listen to that http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2JXPUOVBZ6CA83PRV4FJKSDM8M
Robin's solo is really great on that song.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: