Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:09:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Blues
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Blues  (Read 82251 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #340 on: September 12, 2005, 05:51:39 AM »

I could totally see The Blues on top 40 rotation.  Out of all the new songs that one would make the best single imo.  ok
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #341 on: September 12, 2005, 05:55:58 AM »

Top 40? I see it easily in the Top 10, probably at #1.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #342 on: September 12, 2005, 06:57:05 AM »

Top 40? I see it easily in the Top 10, probably at #1.

my bad  ok
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #343 on: September 12, 2005, 07:31:25 AM »

Its definitely the only song we've heard so far that could go to the top of the charts.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #344 on: September 12, 2005, 08:03:27 AM »

Madagascar could make a #1 also. Chinese Democracy could make a Top 20, Rhiad a Top 40, Silkworms would be massively rejected I think. People would hate it. Even the hardcore fans hate it so...zero potencial in that one.

I thing everything industrial (in the sense of silkworms, oh my god and my world) would be rejected, because it sucks. Good music is good music and bad music is bad music. That's not very complicated to understand. Let's hope Chinese Democracy will be a Rock record with some modern touch, but still be a Rock record.

I talk about the real Charts, the only one valid for me: The Top 40. "modern rock" charts and "trendy rock charts" or whatever you call it don't count. There's just one valid Charts for me.? The real one. For exemple, VR never topped the single charts. They never had a single in the Top 40.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 08:15:53 AM by nesquick » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #345 on: September 12, 2005, 08:16:17 AM »

I think you're overrating Madagascar. Maybe top 20, but not #1. I think the song CD has a better chance on the charts than madagascar. It will be very interesting to see how Axl approaches the topic of what to release as singles. The Blues has the most potential, but I cant imagine him releasing that as the first single.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #346 on: September 12, 2005, 08:19:53 AM »

IRS would do great also.

The 1st single should be an intense Rocker ala "Welcome to the Jungle". It should thrill the world music. Short and intense. Something with guitar riff and guitar solos. Something energetic. Something like "smells like teen spirit" in 1991. Those kind of songs you see? a furious single.
The Blues could be the second one or the third one.

first single----> Prostitute? IRS?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 08:23:53 AM by nesquick » Logged

makane
Legend

« Reply #347 on: September 12, 2005, 08:24:39 AM »

IRS would do great also.

The 1st single should be an intense Rocker ala "Welcome to the Jungle". It should thrill the world music. Short and intense. Something with guitar riff and guitar solos. Something energetic. Something like "smells like teen spirit" in 1991. Those kind of songs you see? a furious single.
The Blues could be the second one or the third one.

first single----> Prostitute? IRS?
Chinese Democracy?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #348 on: September 12, 2005, 08:29:13 AM »

Chinese Democracy is not good enough to be the 1st single. Plus it has an industrial edge and I don't think the general public would "love" it.
The 1st single should be something both raw and modern. But not industrial.
IRS would be amazing. Change the BH shredd guitar solo, call Fortus and ask him to put a Classic Rock n' Roll guitar solo, something furious with a typical Gibson sound (I love his guitar tone), and the song would be #1.

The 1st single should be "dirty", brutal and melodious at the same time. IRS seems perfect.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 08:34:56 AM by nesquick » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #349 on: September 12, 2005, 08:40:54 AM »

Nesquick, intersting pick as IRS for a first single. But that wont work either. I think he needs a pop song as the first single. Something that people of all ages will like. Like U2's 'Vertigo'. Something the whole world will be listening to.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #350 on: September 12, 2005, 08:44:39 AM »

Something the whole world will be listening to.
Well "the Blues" seems to be the perfect one... it could make as great as "Don't Cry". Would appeal to the whole planet.
But I still thing the 1st one should be a Rocker. Currently, The world needs raw and dirty rock. With guitar riffs and solos.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 08:46:30 AM by nesquick » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #351 on: September 12, 2005, 08:52:38 AM »

That BH part shouldn't be blusy. It's supposed to pep up the tone. Otherwise it would ruin the song completely.

I agree that The Blues would top the charts. It's as orthodox as "MY Way". IMO.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #352 on: September 12, 2005, 09:06:07 AM »

a bluesy based guitar solo has never ruined a song. never. In the entire Music History.  It's very simple to explain: It's based on feeling.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #353 on: September 12, 2005, 09:14:34 AM »

I agree with you about The Blues. It has huge potential. The music is good, and the lyrics are beautiful. One of Axl's best songs EVER. A very dark song, like an anti-love song. ALOT of people will relate to it. I can imagine this is one of the songs that Axl keeps adding "finishing touches" to. A vocal performance on this song anything less than haunting ?will be a disappointment. I have a feeling it will be a classic. It will be new GNR's 'November Rain'.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #354 on: September 12, 2005, 09:21:59 AM »

November Rain is November Rain. It may be the greatest song of all time. It's a symphony. It's equal to Beethoven for me.
The blues is amazing but it's not November Rain. The Blues is more like Don't Cry. Don't Cry is a classic, so will be The Blues. But November Rain is more than a song, it changed the face of Rock music. It's like Bohemian Rhapsody and Stairway To Heaven. Even better.

With November Rain, Axl shows he is a musical genius.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 09:26:27 AM by nesquick » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #355 on: September 12, 2005, 09:39:42 AM »

a bluesy based guitar solo has never ruined a song. never. In the entire Music History.  It's very simple to explain: It's based on feeling.
These tones of guitar riffs have implied meanings in the song. You just can't put them at randam.
A Blusy tone should be in the middle of the song not towards the end.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #356 on: September 12, 2005, 09:41:24 AM »

I dont think I could see CD being a single, I guess you never know, but I have a feeling there are other rockers that would be a bit more radio friendly

with that said, I think CD would make the perfect intro song for the album.  or a kick ass way to start the show.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #357 on: September 12, 2005, 09:41:56 AM »

You can put it whenever you want. Have you heard "give in to me"?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #358 on: September 12, 2005, 10:00:36 AM »

No not for IRS and whose song is that?

Just look at the structure of the song carefully.  ok

Cant you see it, or should i say hear it! It is Robins way to play. And i think its pretty fucking intresting way to play! I trust Axls judgement on what he want! 
And lets trust our own ears! beer
You guys/girls have obviously never touched a guitar, as a guitar player i must say that really sucked ass. it's not a way of playing, it's screwing up. believe me, those screw ups were not intentional and it doe's NOT sound cool.
I must admit My hands refuse to learn the F chord. Undecided But I'm very good at tuning.
I believe my ears. Tah!

Isn't it boring to just listning to the mainstreams or the 80s. Huh
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #359 on: September 12, 2005, 10:24:31 AM »

The songs we have heard will not be singles.

The 1st single should be the bands best all out, anthem type rocker. with guitars,drums,chorus and great vocals. Their best song basically in terms of rockers.

In terms of the songs we have alreayd heard. I think CD,The Blues and IRS can all be singles. But being the situation is what it is GNR need to put out something even better. The songs we have heard would be great down the line when the band is already established with the new material.

If there wasnt a build up and anticipation for the album like it is, the 3 songs mentioned would be excellent singles. Maddy is a great song but not a single. Just like Estranged, Locomotive, etc

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: