Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 11:54:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Blues
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Blues  (Read 82509 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #280 on: September 09, 2005, 10:46:28 PM »

Krispy Kreme is right, and his name is delicious.

But, all this talk depends on whether Axl wants CD to be monetarily successful.  You can still be critically acclaimed without selling tons of albums.   Wink

To some extent, marketing is a necessary evil if you're looking for album sales.  Done correctly, this really could be huge.  It'll all hinge on what Captain Axl decides to do.  Stay tuned. 
 peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #281 on: September 09, 2005, 10:55:35 PM »

Krispy Kreme this is in no way trying to offend you.. lemme just say something about the "without even trying?" What does that mean? So with no promotion or any advertisement the album  will go multiple  platinum? Really? statement...

just remember.. the Greatest Hits album sold 3 mil with out any real promotion or advertisement. People bought it cuz it was GN'R. At the very LEAST C.D. will sell half of what Greatest Hits did just because people are bound to be curious. That leaves it at a solid platinum status. And like I said.. I believe thats the <b>minimum</b> it will sell.

Only my opinion but I think its based off some good numbers.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #282 on: September 09, 2005, 11:30:20 PM »

the hits sold so well because its OLD material. It didnt need promotion. Most of the people who bought it probably just wanted their favorite songs on one cd. Yeah, CD can have critical acclaim and sell 500,00 to a million copies. But what's that going to accomplish? I'm sure that Interscope and Sanctuary are banking on more than critical acclaim. Old GNR releases were major events. GNR is one of the only bands in history that could cause people to stand in huge lines to buy their albums. It will be very interesting to see if that happens this time. Chances aren't good for that happening. Axl has burnt alot of bridges, including the bridge to the GNR fanbase over the years. The bridge that really needs to be rebuilt is to the fans. He needs to start embracing his remaining fans instead of ignoring them and driving them away.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #283 on: September 10, 2005, 12:44:15 AM »

'new' GNR. Every time the band tries something, Rio, VMA's, 2002 tour, its always Axl's mindset that causes the GNR train to wreck. The new generation of music fans will quickly lose interest if he keeps using his same tactics. A few thousand forum members will not be able to sustain CD's success. He has to open his mind and broaden his horizons. If he refuses to do that, look for CD to be an immense failure. Regardless of how great the album is.
you just dont get it.
Axl doesnt care about what you or any1 thinks. Hes got his goals and plans and thats it. When the bell rings and your on board great...if not o well...he doesnt care....stop worrying about what people think. Peopel will not deny great music. SO if CD is great no matter what they think they will begin to love Axl and gnr again.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I&#039;ve got is precious time

« Reply #284 on: September 10, 2005, 12:45:33 AM »

Youngunner, the reason it "bothers me", is because Axl's state of mind will come into play when/if he makes his comeback. This 'universe revolves around me' mentality that Axl has will more than likely kill 'new' GNR. Every time the band tries something, Rio, VMA's, 2002 tour, its always Axl's mindset that causes the GNR train to wreck. The new generation of music fans will quickly lose interest if he keeps using his same tactics. A few thousand forum members will not be able to sustain CD's success. He has to open his mind and broaden his horizons. If he refuses to do that, look for CD to be an immense failure. Regardless of how great the album is.

GHs sold something like 3m albums in the USA alone, CD will sell atleast that much without even trying. CD could sell close to 5-8m in the usa if its really as good as people say it is.

"without even trying?" What does that mean? So with no promotion or any advertisement the album? will go multiple? platinum? Really?

And which people are you referring to, the ones? who worked with him 7-8 years ago?

Without even trying means the guns n roses name will sell ?a few mllions copies on the name alone. The GHs album sold with none new songs at all. And you really think anyone is going to care if slash is not on the new album? CD will sell 3m copies easily. When its all said and done it will sell at very least 10m copies world wide.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #285 on: September 10, 2005, 12:46:22 AM »

Come on, don't even bring up the lines of people waiting for the UYI's to come out. ?That was the absolute prime of GnR, not even the biggest die hard can expect that.

What we can expect are a few radio friendly hits to keep this record high on the charts for the long run. ?Couple that with solid songs rounding out the album. ?That should get him some critical acclaim, if critics go into this with somewhat of an open mind, which may not happen.

Again it all comes back to solid material. ?Thats all Axl can do. ?No matter how you market it, you can't market a crappy product. ?However you can market a quality product, and increase sales with a few strategic moves.

Quality songs is what we should all be clamoring for, not long lines at record stores on the opening day.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #286 on: September 10, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »

Look at it this way, if bands like good charlotte and puddle of mudd can sell 3m albums with their crappy albums you really dont think that guns n roses with a long awaited album cannot do at least that?

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #287 on: September 10, 2005, 12:54:27 AM »

Those bands, and yes I agree they are crappy, have radio hits on their albums.  If Axl doesn't have those, he won't sell more than a million.  Thats just the way it goes.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #288 on: September 10, 2005, 12:55:34 AM »

Those bands, and yes I agree they are crappy, have radio hits on their albums.? If Axl doesn't have those, he won't sell more than a million.? Thats just the way it goes.

IRS is very  catchy and could be a radio hit. Just go back to when it was played on trunk, trunk claimed he was flooded with calls to play it again or ask if it was really gnr.

GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #289 on: September 10, 2005, 01:32:55 AM »

Look at it this way, if bands like good charlotte and puddle of mudd can sell 3m albums with their crappy albums you really dont think that guns n roses with a long awaited album cannot do at least that?

You're nuts, Davegnfnr2k1662.  No way in hell this sells 5 mm in the US. None. I'd be surprised if it sold more than 2 million.  And yes, Slash not being on the album will hurt sales. As will the absence of Duff and Izzy and the other original members. Face it, the people on this board are in the minority.  Most fans from the 80s and early 90s have moved on. They still remember GnR as they were and have no clue what's going on now.  The original line up would sell 3-5 mm.  Axl solo under the GnR name won't.

"It'll be out by 2009"
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #290 on: September 10, 2005, 01:45:58 AM »

You're nuts, Davegnfnr2k1662.? No way in hell this sells 5 mm in the US. None. I'd be surprised if it sold more than 2 million.? And yes, Slash not being on the album will hurt sales. As will the absence of Duff and Izzy and the other original members. Face it, the people on this board are in the minority.? Most fans from the 80s and early 90s have moved on. They still remember GnR as they were and have no clue what's going on now.? The original line up would sell 3-5 mm.? Axl solo under the GnR name won't.

How am I nuts? Just because you are all pissy slash is not in the band anymore does not mean it cant be done. Also did I not say 3 million? The range is 3-5 with 5m being the most. You dont think it can sell 10m world wide? If the first single is strong, the album before its all said and done will sell around 5m copies.? I know you think slash is the main reason people liked gnr but you are in the minority. Just look at gnr in the early 90s, it was all about Axl. Look at the AFD videos, esp. the PC video, and the banners for Axl. Slash and Duff always got jealous when they would walk through the airport and Axl would get asked for an autograph but they would not.? Most people liked gnr for Axls voice and songs.

When CD drops most people wont even care that slash is not in the band if the songs are good.
Another thing you forget is, sure gnr will lose a few fans but they are? going to gain a ton also that were not old enough to see them in the 80s and 90s. There are a lot of kids who are 16-24 that are just getting into gnr, and when CD comes out, you really dont think they are going to? buy it?

If it holds  true what Tommy said about CD that there are many types of songs on the album, a few rockers, a few ballads, a few pop songs etc etc. I think the pop songs will be the singles to get people to by the album, then the other tracks will make it a classic.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 02:04:55 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

KillYourIdols
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #291 on: September 10, 2005, 03:30:19 AM »

The only way CD sells more than 2 million copies if internet downloading is curbed forever and somehow Axl gets millions of 14 year old girls to buy his CD. Thats who buys CD's now, 14 year old girls. Puddle of Mudd, Coldplay, Good Charlotte, Usher, etc, all get those people to buy albums. 14 year old girls bought GH cause of SCOM and Paradise City.

~KYI
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #292 on: September 10, 2005, 04:27:24 AM »

You're nuts, Davegnfnr2k1662. No way in hell this sells 5 mm in the US. None. I'd be surprised if it sold more than 2 million. And yes, Slash not being on the album will hurt sales. As will the absence of Duff and Izzy and the other original members. Face it, the people on this board are in the minority. Most fans from the 80s and early 90s have moved on. They still remember GnR as they were and have no clue what's going on now. The original line up would sell 3-5 mm. Axl solo under the GnR name won't.

I think you are completley wrong. All the old fans who you say have moved on will buy the album the second it comes out just out of curiosity. Then you have got the millions of hardcore fans from round the world who will buy the album. I think that this album has taken so long to come out and has created such mystery in the music world that it will sell like a mother fucker. I have a question for you as well. Your name on this board shows who you think was the main force behind the original band. Yet you are on a website for the new band regularly. So GNRisSLASH will you buy the album? If your answer is yes then I think that shows quite many people who may still want the old band, still want to buy Chinese Democracy and are still amazed by Axl Rose and his music. If your answer is no, then me thinks your wasting your time on this site? Cheers Mike

P.S In answer to the dude who started this thread, yeh I agree 4 years on and the Blues still sounds fucking wicked and I for one cant wait to hear the studion version on the album!

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #293 on: September 10, 2005, 06:14:00 AM »

Old GNR releases were major events. GNR is one of the only bands in history that could cause people to stand in huge lines to buy their albums. It will be very interesting to see if that happens this time. Chances aren't good for that happening. Axl has burnt alot of bridges, including the bridge to the GNR fanbase over the years. The bridge that really needs to be rebuilt is to the fans. He needs to start embracing his remaining fans instead of ignoring them and driving them away
+1
To a certain extent, Axl will start from scratch when the album is out. Without Slash, he will start from sratch. I hope the album is amazing because exept Axl, don't count on a guy like Robin Finck to make GN'R popular again. I don't see much potential in that guy. He is not a Superstar like Slash, and he will never be. He will never interest people on his own, he is not talented/solid and charismatic enough. Tommy and Richard can be popular, but as soon as Robin will be the lead guitar player, this new band won't be the best it could be.
Fortus should take the lead. Really. He is much more talented...and credible.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 06:35:08 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #294 on: September 10, 2005, 08:44:52 AM »

Old GNR releases were major events. GNR is one of the only bands in history that could cause people to stand in huge lines to buy their albums. It will be very interesting to see if that happens this time. Chances aren't good for that happening. Axl has burnt alot of bridges, including the bridge to the GNR fanbase over the years. The bridge that really needs to be rebuilt is to the fans. He needs to start embracing his remaining fans instead of ignoring them and driving them away
+1
Don't count on a guy like Robin Finck to make GN'R popular again. I don't see much potential in that guy. He is not a Superstar like Slash, and he will never be. He will never interest people on his own, he is not talented/solid and charismatic enough. Tommy and Richard can be popular, but as soon as Robin will be the lead guitar player, this new band won't be the best it could be.

As much as I like Richard I gotta disagree with that statement. Robin's been in GnR since what? 96/97. That shows a huge loyalty and commitment this man must have to seeing this project through (see latest press release to fans). I think in a way he would be spitting on what he so depserately wants to shine if he became the weakest promotional link in GnR so that could be primarily why he looks like John from RHCP. Scruffy/unshaven is more "marketable" in rock than goth..but thats entirely off topic..

Four years later, yes Boston, RIR, and Pittsburgh bootlegs of The Blues still get to me..amazing song Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #295 on: September 10, 2005, 09:07:05 AM »

+1
To a certain extent, Axl will start from scratch when the album is out. Without Slash, he will start from sratch. I hope the album is amazing because exept Axl, don't count on a guy like Robin Finck to make GN'R popular again. I don't see much potential in that guy. He is not a Superstar like Slash, and he will never be. He will never interest people on his own, he is not talented/solid and charismatic enough. Tommy and Richard can be popular, but as soon as Robin will be the lead guitar player, this new band won't be the best it could be.

are you kiddin? you are fuckin crazy do you think that cuz robin dressed goth... gnr wont be huge again!... he talented, more or same talented than slash but in different way... im sure that a lot of people will like robin... a lot of new fans

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
makane
Legend

« Reply #296 on: September 10, 2005, 09:48:43 AM »

You people have no idea what kinda curiosity this album have made for all new/old fans, most of people will buy it only for curiosity, and thats a LOT of people.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #297 on: September 10, 2005, 10:15:18 AM »

Something found on mygnr... listen to that? http://vitonen.net/ylimaaraiset/karri/novemberpain.mp3
PLEASE, don't tell me now Robin is the right lead guitar player for GN'R. WTF is that? Within a few month (2002 tour) the man fucked up more solos than Slash in 7 years. Even in the worst Slash days with 2Kg of coke and 5 bottles of Jack Daniels, Slash never fucked up like that. And it has nothing to do with his look, it's a question of talent and skills. Robin is just not talented enough, face it. It's not to "bash" him to say that, it's just to see (and hear) a reality. I have nothing against the man, I'm sure he is a nice guy, but I'm sorry, I don't think the band will be credible again with him on Lead.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 01:46:02 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #298 on: September 10, 2005, 10:20:23 AM »

Something found on mygnr... listen to that? http://vitonen.net/ylimaaraiset/karri/novemberpain.mp3
PLEASE, don't tell me now Robin is the right lead guitar player for GN'R. WTF is that? Within a few month (2002 tour) the man fucked up more solos than Slash in 7 years. Even in the worst Slash days with 2Kg of cacaine and 5 bottles of Jack Daniels, Slash never fucked up like that. And it has nothing to do with his look, it's a question of talent and skills. Robin is just not talented enough, face it. It's not to "bash" him to say that, it's just to see (and hear) a reality. I have nothing against the man, I'm sure he is a nice guy, but I'm sorry, I don't think the band will be credible again with him on Lead.

Cant you see it, or should i say hear it! It is Robins way to play. And i think its pretty fucking intresting way to play! I trust Axls judgement on what he want!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #299 on: September 10, 2005, 11:39:48 AM »

Something found on mygnr... listen to that  http://vitonen.net/ylimaaraiset/karri/novemberpain.mp3
PLEASE, don't tell me now Robin is the right lead guitar player for GN'R. WTF is that? Within a few month (2002 tour) the man fucked up more solos than Slash in 7 years. Even in the worst Slash days with 2Kg of cacaine and 5 bottles of Jack Daniels, Slash never fucked up like that. And it has nothing to do with his look, it's a question of talent and skills. Robin is just not talented enough, face it. It's not to "bash" him to say that, it's just to see (and hear) a reality. I have nothing against the man, I'm sure he is a nice guy, but I'm sorry, I don't think the band will be credible again with him on Lead.
Yeah, BH's solid guitar gives the sound credibility, and Robins unstable waver expands it into the incredibility. Shame the two leads would exhibit an exquisite balance between reason and lyricism.

Cant you see it, or should i say hear it! It is Robins way to play. And i think its pretty fucking intresting way to play! I trust Axls judgement on what he want! 
And lets trust our own ears! beer
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: