Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 10:19:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Blues
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Blues  (Read 82374 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #260 on: September 08, 2005, 03:19:50 PM »

That song is an embarasment to the GN'R name.? Axl should be ashamed of himself for allowing such a piece of shit to exist with his name attached to it.
rather with the "Guns N' Roses" name in fact. I totally agree, and this point of vue is also valid for all of those horrible weirdo industrial songs that will ever see the light of the day under the "Guns N' Roses" name.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 06:00:22 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
rainX
« Reply #261 on: September 08, 2005, 03:29:59 PM »

That song is an embarasment to the GN'R name.? Axl should be ashamed of himself for allowing such a piece of shit to exist with his name attached to it.
rather with the "Guns N' Roses" name in fact. I totally agree, and this point of vue is also valid for ALL of those horrible weirdo industrial songs that will ever see the light of the day under the "Guns N' Roses" name. This is a shame and a disgrace for the "Guns N' Roses" legacy. Not only that specific song, but all those indus influence songs. I really hope Axl's psycho obsession with industrial music in the mid-/late90's is gone forever. Put into the garbage. That kind of "music" (can we even call that "music"?) is a punishement for a normal human beeing's ears. Nobody has waited 10 years to hear a full "silkworms" kind of album.
To tell you the truth, this is one of my biggest fear with that album, even if I think it will be great. I think the GN'R fans and more generally the Rock community would never accept an industrial GN'R album. Never.

you know what i think axl would say to people who say it has to be this, or it has to be that? Fuck you.

And that fuck you is more "GUNS N' ROSES" than the album you're trying to put together piece by piece in your mind to be exactly what you think it should be.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #262 on: September 08, 2005, 03:34:09 PM »

I know axl would say a "fuck you" to that, but sometimes it's good to listen to the others. I think the audience reaction when those industrial songs were played said it all...most of people really don't want that.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 06:01:12 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #263 on: September 08, 2005, 05:05:44 PM »

the blues version of toronto '02 is one of my favorite gn'r songs.
i think it's beautiful. i've spent a lot of 4am sleeplessness listening to the blues.
That version is amazing! The Fortus outro is the best I have ever heard for that song. The man is technically very skilled. This outro recalls me the Slash one in "give in to me", with a KILLER Gibson sound. However I just have a crappy bootlegs sound quality, do you have this version with a good sound? can you upload it?
thanks.

the one i have is from gnrworld.com, just go to the main site then click on MP3s
the sound quality is quite good. the only sucky thing about that recording is that it's not just the song but axl's ranting before and after the song, so you can't just put it on your playlist really. i mean it's amusing at first, but after awhile you just wanna hear the damn song. still though, the version is so amazing i could care less, really.

robots.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #264 on: September 08, 2005, 06:34:54 PM »

the Big Daddy SCOM Solo was IMO much better than the original Appetite one, but thats just my opinion

whoah, hold up there
youre talkin one of the most memorable, classic guitar solos in history

Ive nothing against Finck, but man he butchered that

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #265 on: September 08, 2005, 07:28:37 PM »

Hey Spacebrain, I tried dl'ing The Blues from Toronto, but the page is down apparently.  I haven't heard that version, but I'm partial to Boston, with Pittsburgh a close 2nd.  Boston is cleaner, with Pittsburgh being more emotional, IMO. 

...and yes, 4 years later it's still an awesome song.  I'm curious to see what happens when we as a community have to share this gem with the whole world.  It will be interesting.

love  The Blues

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
spacebrain5000
Rocker

« Reply #266 on: September 08, 2005, 07:51:33 PM »

i'll upload the thing myself if anyone has any suggestions of good uploading sites...
you really gotta hear it though, it's an incredible listen.

robots.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #267 on: September 08, 2005, 09:18:28 PM »

I think SIlkworms gets bashed way too much. Is it a life changing song lyrically? Of course not. But I love the idea of the osng. Its like a new kind of a punk song. Musically I think it kicks major ass. As some1 said earlier the lyrical flow doesnt flow but musically it will kick ur ass. Especially when the band jams on it.

Whoa, wait a minute.? Are we talking about the same Silkworms?? That song is atrocious.? The transitions are terrible, the song is all over the place, the music is bad.? That song is an embarasment to the GN'R name.? Axl should be ashamed of himself for allowing such a piece of shit to exist with his name attached to it.

It was played live a few times, you have no idea how the studio version is. Plus Axl said he didnt like how some of the songs sounded live, that might be why silkworms was only played a few times and not on the us tour or eurotour after rio.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #268 on: September 09, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »

i'm also dying for the studio version of The Blues. even so, i can't get enough of the live version that i've been listenin to

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #269 on: September 09, 2005, 05:16:57 PM »

Yes, it will be a HUGE song one day and will go down as a classic in the GNR history books. It's so genuine and heartfelt. Finck's solo is what dreams are made of...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
spacebrain5000
Rocker

« Reply #270 on: September 09, 2005, 05:22:08 PM »

for those of you who don't have the toronto '02 version:

http://s56.yousendit.com/d.php?id=1NB2JK553IQSS13GFO6H22UU8O

peace

robots.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #271 on: September 09, 2005, 07:38:04 PM »

Spacebrain, thank you so much, that rocked!

It reminded me more of Pittsburgh than Boston.  I'm a Blues junkie!  Every version has its plus side.  It will be like I'm finding the Holy Grail when I get my hands on the studio version. 

"I was watching tv and there was a riot, and I thought I was late."   rofl rofl rofl

Axl rules.  Cool

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #272 on: September 09, 2005, 07:41:32 PM »

I was listening to the studio clip promo the other day and I just heard a guitar part for The Blues on it. It was only for a second or 2 but I never realized it before. The tone of it sounded cool. Has the feel of the Bucket IRS SOLO.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #273 on: September 09, 2005, 07:44:16 PM »

Axl4Prez, that is a really shitty comment by Axl. It shows how much of a megalomaniac he really is.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #274 on: September 09, 2005, 07:56:38 PM »

It shows how much of a megalomaniac he really is.
Why does it bother you though. You know what your getting with Axl. Hes not an angel. hes not gonna be on time. Hes gonna rub you and others the wrong way. Case Closed. But you have to realize thats also what makes him great. Its appealing to others.

Axl and GNR werent and never will be one of these nice and neat, orgainzed, "professional" bands.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 08:00:54 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #275 on: September 09, 2005, 08:10:18 PM »

Youngunner, the reason it "bothers me", is because Axl's state of mind will come into play when/if he makes his comeback. This 'universe revolves around me' mentality that Axl has will more than likely kill 'new' GNR. Every time the band tries something, Rio, VMA's, 2002 tour, its always Axl's mindset that causes the GNR train to wreck. The new generation of music fans will quickly lose interest if he keeps using his same tactics. A few thousand forum members will not be able to sustain CD's success. He has to open his mind and broaden his horizons. If he refuses to do that, look for CD to be an immense failure. Regardless of how great the album is.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #276 on: September 09, 2005, 08:32:30 PM »

Axl4Prez, that is a really shitty comment by Axl. It shows how much of a megalomaniac he really is.

Jameslofton, sorry, I really disagree with you here. ?It's a joke. ?A rather funny one at that! ?...I tried posting this when I saw your reply.  Honestly, I don't believe this humorous aside was an example of megalomania.  The whole future success of Chinese Democracy is based on Axl being true to himself, and being himself.
 Every time the band tries something, Rio, VMA's, 2002 tour, its always Axl's mindset that causes the GNR train to wreck.   ...I also disagree with you here.  How the heck do we know it was Axl's mindset that caused the GNR train to wreck? (I prefer to call them "night"train delays Smiley  This seems to be a very big assumption, and you know what happens when you assume... Wink

I respect Axl because he doesn't give a fuck what people think, and probably laughs when he sees people making these preposterous conclusions, when they really have no basis whatsoever.  Let's face it, all we know is rumor.

Cool     
 ?

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #277 on: September 09, 2005, 09:04:47 PM »

I dont think its a preposterous conclusion to say the blame for the derailment rests on Axl's shoulders. Forget about the rumours. Walking off stage in mid performance of a song is insane. Making comments like the one you mentioned, although mildly amusing, is also insane. Making cryptic statements like 'Round 1' and then not backing it up is truly insane. Not showing up in Philly so thousands of paying fans could see him is insane. Saying BH's departure will take his album to "the next level" is absurd. He has to change his state of mind before 'Round 2'. If he cant, then he should just release the album with zero promotion. It would have a better chance of success. Trust me, if he continues his current track record, the public would quickly move on and new GNR will just be a small footnote in the GNR legacy. He needs to bring a new attitude with the new songs. 

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #278 on: September 09, 2005, 09:10:44 PM »

Youngunner, the reason it "bothers me", is because Axl's state of mind will come into play when/if he makes his comeback. This 'universe revolves around me' mentality that Axl has will more than likely kill 'new' GNR. Every time the band tries something, Rio, VMA's, 2002 tour, its always Axl's mindset that causes the GNR train to wreck. The new generation of music fans will quickly lose interest if he keeps using his same tactics. A few thousand forum members will not be able to sustain CD's success. He has to open his mind and broaden his horizons. If he refuses to do that, look for CD to be an immense failure. Regardless of how great the album is.

GHs sold something like 3m albums in the USA alone, CD will sell atleast that much without even trying. CD could sell close to 5-8m in the usa if its really as good as people say it is.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #279 on: September 09, 2005, 10:20:54 PM »

GHs sold something like 3m albums in the USA alone, CD will sell atleast that much without even trying. CD could sell close to 5-8m in the usa if its really as good as people say it is.

"without even trying?" What does that mean? So with no promotion or any advertisement the album  will go multiple  platinum? Really?

And which people are you referring to, the ones  who worked with him 7-8 years ago?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: