Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:35:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Blues
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Blues  (Read 82280 times)
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #220 on: May 26, 2005, 04:09:15 PM »

I pull out the Trixter, Ratt, and Poison all the time.  Does that make my opinion less valid?  You can have you're NIN and Nirvana, or whoever else most of the people on this board like.  I'll take hair metal over all the shit that's come out since it died anyday.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #221 on: May 26, 2005, 04:12:11 PM »

Good for you, mate. the good old days are all yours. ok
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #222 on: May 27, 2005, 06:18:46 PM »

I say yes !
Is a pretty good song... love it

//JK
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #223 on: May 28, 2005, 01:54:19 AM »

Don't Cry is awful in almost every generic hair metal way. rant Elementary lyrics, cheesy solo and that god awful ayyyaaayyaayyyaayyyaayyyyaa at the end. But, to each his own, I 'm sure all the Don't Cry fans out there don't have to worry about Chinese Democracy. All they have to do is dip down in to their record collection and pull out Trixter, Kix, Ratt, Poison, and Faster Pussycat for never ending hours upon hours of endless enjoyment. Kiss

Hold on there johnny boy - while I agree Trixter, Poison, & to a lesser extent, Ratt & FP were all pretty lame, especially Trixter, I always thought Kix were a cut above - 2 excellent guitar players & really well-crafted tunes. They were/are/ great live, also. i saw them numerous times in the late 80s.? Midnight Dynamite was an excellent album, IMO.
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #224 on: May 28, 2005, 07:07:12 AM »

I wonder if 'The Blues' will even be called 'The Blues'? Axl said it was a working title. Remember, the working title for 'Estranged' was 'Without You'.

Huh i never knew that!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #225 on: May 28, 2005, 10:19:32 AM »

Some storyteller never opens his mouth without telling a story or two that are empty n slow of wit. smoking
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #226 on: May 28, 2005, 03:49:01 PM »

The Blues has the best lyrics of any GnR love song besides Estranged and its really well composed.  I think it's better than Don't Cry.  Not as good as Patience, November Rain or Estranged but a great song and the studio version will be amazing. 
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #227 on: May 28, 2005, 04:14:44 PM »

everyone blames Axl and his liking NIN for Oh My God and Silkworms, but arent they the two new songs he had the least to do with? i was under the impression he only did the lyrics/vocals on those.

as for The Blues i think it's a great song, as good as Dont Cry or Patience, but not SCOM and not November Rain - its not one of the 'big guns' (i assume there will be better rockers, and at least one better ballad) because we won't hear any of them until the first single.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #228 on: May 28, 2005, 04:22:15 PM »

everyone blames Axl and his liking NIN for Oh My God and Silkworms, but arent they the two new songs he had the least to do with?
pardon? Angry it's not everyone. I love Oh My God better than you like The Blues.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #229 on: May 28, 2005, 04:28:02 PM »

haha, i just meant a lot of people.
i love Oh My God too.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #230 on: May 28, 2005, 04:41:49 PM »

s for The Blues i think it's a great song, as good as Dont Cry or Patience,
I love "the blues", I'm the one who created that topic, but I think "don't cry" is a better song. Don't forget it's one of the most famous GN'R song ever, "Don't cry" is a classic and was a big success in the early 90's.
The blues is as good as patience, but not as good as don't cry. And I don't even compare with November Rain wich is more than a song, it's art, it's genius, it's a Classic. It's one of the most impressive song ever written in Rock music. Nothing will touch November Rain. You MUST be a genius to write a song like that.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 04:45:47 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #231 on: May 28, 2005, 04:45:40 PM »

Patience is as good or better than Don't Cry and they are both better that NR, in my opinion. The Blues is as good as NR

smoking Izzy? smoking
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 04:53:17 PM by *Izzy* » Logged

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #232 on: May 28, 2005, 04:48:39 PM »

Izzy, November Rain is more than a song, it's almost a symphony. I talk about the studio version, the construction of the song, the 3 guitar solos and..the end, the 2nd part of the song, the orchestra, it's phenomenal. Everything is perfect. Perfect. Also the videoclip is great.
November Rain is more than a song, it's a masterpiece.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 04:50:59 PM by nesquick » Logged

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #233 on: May 28, 2005, 04:55:08 PM »

Each to his own? Smiley
I just find it abit boring the end is cool though

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Dust N Rose
« Reply #234 on: May 29, 2005, 01:58:31 PM »

s for The Blues i think it's a great song, as good as Dont Cry or Patience,
I love "the blues", I'm the one who created that topic, but I think "don't cry" is a better song. Don't forget it's one of the most famous GN'R song ever, "Don't cry" is a classic and was a big success in the early 90's.
The blues is as good as patience, but not as good as don't cry. And I don't even compare with November Rain wich is more than a song, it's art, it's genius, it's a Classic. It's one of the most impressive song ever written in Rock music. Nothing will touch November Rain. You MUST be a genius to write a song like that.

Agreed 100%  Smiley
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #235 on: June 02, 2005, 02:47:10 PM »

Izzy, November Rain is more than a song, it's almost a symphony. I talk about the studio version, the construction of the song, the 3 guitar solos and..the end, the 2nd part of the song, the orchestra, it's phenomenal. Everything is perfect. Perfect. Also the videoclip is great.
November Rain is more than a song, it's a masterpiece.

I respect the song for being as artistic and genuine as it is, but to me that song just emphasizes the self-indulgent attitude Axl could very well have had during the UYI days. Over the top ballads were so far from what GnR originally stood for and kicked ass doing that even still a song like NR is still a surprise for me. To me Slash, and the boys were missing on this song spiritually as it was Axl, and Axl alone churning out these overproduced epics.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #236 on: June 02, 2005, 10:44:28 PM »

There is nothing wrong with being self indulgent.
Bohemian rhapsody   is self indulgent and its one of the best songs ever written.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #237 on: June 03, 2005, 06:33:39 PM »

i think a lot of the new songs get a bad wrap because the sound quality of the recordings is so shitty...if you try to just listen to the music and imagine how the studio version would sound, i think the new stuff will sound pretty great...the live recording of the blues is probably the only recording of a new song that actually sounds good enough to judge...i think the studio versions of madagascar, chinese democracy, and rhiad will sound great if the album ever comes out...
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #238 on: June 04, 2005, 04:50:24 PM »

Don't cry is fantastic, so is The Blues, but as soon as we won't hear the studio version I'll prefer don't cry.

Please man, dont compare the blues, with DONT CRY.. that is blasphemy!!!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2005, 05:17:09 PM »

sure, don't cry is better. I re-listened to it, it's a wonderfull song.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: