Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:27:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Blues
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Blues  (Read 82238 times)
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2005, 05:43:03 PM »

Someone should have sent him an Oasis record instead  Cool

I'm pretty sure Axl already has all the Beatles albums in his collection, so hearing an Oasis record wouldn't give him a lot of new ideas  hihi

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2005, 05:45:17 PM »

Oasis are better than the beattles (et toc!) Grin
I saw them yesterday at Olympia, 2 words: fucking brillant.  peace

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2005, 05:47:47 PM »

Well NIN has absolutely nothing to do with Silk Worms. Besides NIN is not the first.

Nes you sound like my granny who calls everything except Cliff Richard "Beatles". hihi

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2005, 05:50:50 PM »

really? does your mummy wears tutu? hihi

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2005, 05:51:00 PM »

Someone should have sent him an Oasis record instead? Cool

I'm pretty sure Axl already has all the Beatles albums in his collection, so hearing an Oasis record wouldn't give him a lot of new ideas? hihi
It might give him the idea to rip off other hugley successful artists

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2005, 07:02:14 PM »

Maybe the song's gonna turn out to be a bolt from the blue.  Tongue

really? does your mummy wears tutu? hihi
She used to. She was in a ballet.   Wink
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2005, 12:03:34 AM »

It puts shit like Silk Worms and Oh My God to shame

If Axl wasn't a NIN fan, we wouldn't have these songs. Unfortunately he is. That's why we have these songs. Someone should have sent him an Oasis record instead? Cool

1st of all, let me explain why I think Silkworms and Oh My God are terrible (Silkworms) and below average (Oh My God).  There is no flow to these songs.  Cacophonous would be my adjective.  It is difficult to find the rhythym in these 2 songs.  The transitions are choppy...but...maybe, just maybe, the studio version of Silkworms (if it exists) could work on these problems. Smiley

2nd of all, The Blues is an amazing song.  There's rhythym, emotion, it works!  We are in for a treat when we finally hear the studio version.   love   The Blues, yeah, it's probably about Stephanie.  But Maddy about the old band?  I'm not sold on that one. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2005, 12:06:54 AM »

Its sad that this song was the best I've heard from new GN'R so far.? Its not a bad song, but its not great.? It puts shit like Silk Worms and Oh My God to shame, but compared to old GN'R stuff its not even close.? It impresses me that it doesn't absolutely suck, but its not that great.
The blues is just as good if not better than dont cry or patience.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2005, 01:02:24 AM »

Axl4Prez is right on with his criticism of Silk Worms and Oh My God.  Its like Axl just through some random parts together into one song...especially in Silk Worms.

No its not.  Or at least not any version I've heard of it.  Perhaps the studio version will be better, but even if it is it doesn't touch Don't Cry and it damn sure doesn't touch Patience.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2005, 01:16:59 AM »

Its sad that this song was the best I've heard from new GN'R so far.? Its not a bad song, but its not great.? It puts shit like Silk Worms and Oh My God to shame, but compared to old GN'R stuff its not even close.? It impresses me that it doesn't absolutely suck, but its not that great.

agree on Don't Cry but Patience is another story. Lets wait for a studio version where hopefully Axl will be able to do a nice even job on the vocals.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2005, 08:03:37 PM »

I wonder if 'The Blues' will even be called 'The Blues'? Axl said it was a working title. Remember, the working title for 'Estranged' was 'Without You'.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2005, 09:18:36 PM »

Axl4Prez is right on with his criticism of Silk Worms and Oh My God.? Its like Axl just through some random parts together into one song...especially in Silk Worms.

No its not.? Or at least not any version I've heard of it.? Perhaps the studio version will be better, but even if it is it doesn't touch Don't Cry and it damn sure doesn't touch Patience.

The blues lyrics are better and the solo is on par. The blues lyrics are some of the best ballad lyrics axl has ever written with the exception of estranged.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
darkmonth
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2005, 08:57:42 AM »

Neither of these prove Robin is as good as Slash.  Stop fooling yourself boy.

Robin is ok.  Simple.  I'm sure Axl didn't 'hire' Robin for his skills anyway.  He probably hired him because he liked him.

I am really tired of people claiming Robin doesnt do slashs song justice he plays SCOM just like slash but I guess that is not good enough. As for BH, BH blows slash away, its too bad BH left. I hope they can get someone as good as BH to replace him.

here is robin doing the scom solo, he plays it just like slash.
http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/shortclips/finckscomny.wmv
here is another
http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/shortclips/finckscomrio.wmv

The fact of the matter is you guys want to compare Slashs play on the studio albums while comparing the new guys playing live. Listen to slash playing live and he is all over the place .
darkmonth
« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2005, 09:00:06 AM »

Which are no WAY near the best GnR tunes.

And since The Blues is easily the best new GnR tune we've heard, that means Axl's not shown anything near the quality of old GnR.

We wait...
darkmonth
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2005, 09:01:15 AM »

Axl4Prez is right on with his criticism of Silk Worms and Oh My God.? Its like Axl just through some random parts together into one song...especially in Silk Worms.

No its not.? Or at least not any version I've heard of it.? Perhaps the studio version will be better, but even if it is it doesn't touch Don't Cry and it damn sure doesn't touch Patience.

The blues lyrics are better and the solo is on par. The blues lyrics are some of the best ballad lyrics axl has ever written with the exception of estranged.

I'm sorry?  The solo is NO WAY NEAR as good as the Don't Cry solo!  Fucking hell Dave... I've heard it all... you're so fucking blinded!
madagas
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2005, 09:22:42 AM »

Don't Cry is awful in almost every generic hair metal way. rant Elementary lyrics, cheesy solo and that god awful ayyyaaayyaayyyaayyyaayyyyaa at the end. But, to each his own, I 'm sure all the Don't Cry fans out there don't have to worry about Chinese Democracy. All they have to do is dip down in to their record collection and pull out Trixter, Kix, Ratt, Poison, and Faster Pussycat for never ending hours upon hours of endless enjoyment. Kiss
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2005, 10:10:10 AM »

Don't cry is fantastic, so is The Blues, but as soon as we won't hear the studio version I'll prefer don't cry.
However, Don't cry guitar solo (Slash) is better than the blues one (Finck). But Fortus outro is better than Slash one.
Slash/Fortus would be the ultimate guitar duet in GN'R. That would be phenomenal? drool
add Axl, and it would be a nuclear explosion onstage. 200% energy.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 10:13:54 AM by nesquick » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2005, 10:19:40 AM »

All they have to do is dip down in to their record collection and pull out Trixter, Kix, Ratt, Poison, and Faster Pussycat for never ending hours upon hours of endless enjoyment. Kiss
Utterly a wise saw. rofl rofl rofl
How many times has the sentence similar to this one occurred to me while my reading some nagging posts.
Hey, I like Don't Cry. It's not that bad.... Yeah the lyrics are as elementary as Sweet Child... You'd feel the Simple spirit in these songs all the more for the simple bearing. well at least it's not cheap in the generic hair metal way that is simply awful IMHO.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2005, 10:26:36 AM »

I'm sorry?? The solo is NO WAY NEAR as good as the Don't Cry solo!? Fucking hell Dave... I've heard it all... you're so fucking blinded!

I think you mean deaf juninor  rofl
And music is subjective get over yourself. And IMO its the blues solo is just as good as dont crys.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2005, 10:32:46 AM »

the two "new" songs who impress me most, is The Blues and Madagascar... i like them better now them back when i first heard them!
And thats a proof of GNR making qualitymusic! More u liste, then better it gets!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: