Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:10:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Blues
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Blues  (Read 81863 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2005, 09:06:15 AM »

@ steve mckagan    robin is playing the first part of the chinese democracy solo and i think it rocks

i personnaly love all of the new songs except silkworms wich i think is only mediocre.  the blues isn`t my favourite of them, but a great song anyway.

i recommend the osaka versions of madagascar, the blues and rhiad and the vegas versions of all new songs+ rio madagascar. i don`t really like the soundboard versions of them and those of you who haven`t heard those versions shoould definitely hear them.   if you want i can upload them.

and i think we can only judge on the studio versions if they`ll be classics or not.

@mikegiuliana  did you expect anything like that???  first madagascar at the vma`s wasn`t that great and it was just a part of a medley

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2005, 09:23:09 AM »

@mikegiuliana  did you expect anything like that???  first madagascar at the vma`s wasn`t that great and it was just a part of a medley

I didn't expect anything, but it was "gnr" back to the world and it was a new song that got good air time.. When neil young and pearl jam did their duet live it was always on and requested.. Many live performances from the vmas become staples in rotation outside of the show..  if you are a big gnr fan and might not be a big net person you would definetly inquire about it and request it as well..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2005, 09:39:31 AM »

Just let me add to the last post.. I say this because even though it was a shorter performance it was still enough for people to enjoy and form a good opinion.. To me that song was perfromed better then wttj, or PC singing wise.. Another reason is look at all the people on gnr forums that were able to take a IRS clip of 32 blurry shitty second of audio and want more and give3 it high ratings.. Not only that but say U-2 played a brief verison in a medley of a song, everyone would be trying to find out what it is and asking where can they hear it in itis entirety.. Now gnr coming back is a major thing, gnr was the biggest name in music for several years SO when a new gnr song is played at the end of a major award show and played over for several months there should be so many people being very curious about what it is and want to hear the entire thing.. Most new gnr fans love that song ,so if it's that good it should rub off onto the multi millions watching the vmas for those several months.. Hope that explained it better and why I said it.. Wink

The song itself should have cause a major flood for local rock stations and mtv to where it had to be adressed or replayed..
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 09:41:03 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2005, 10:30:26 AM »

the Blues is amazing..A truly beautiful song that axl sings awsome..I think parts of it sounds similar to parts of IRS

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2005, 11:52:46 AM »

Its my fav song from the new gn'r I cant get bored of this song to me its a masterpiece!

EEEERRRR Little boy
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2005, 12:20:02 PM »

I enjoy "The Blues". Wasn't it one of the tracks that they had Brian May play on? I wonder if his parts will make the final cut.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2005, 01:37:49 PM »

This is the only Robin Finck Solo that I really like. But I haven't heard more solos by him in the new songs. I also like Sossego. He should just stop playin the old GNR solos.

yep. i h8 2 say this but i think he's betta than slash

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2005, 02:30:21 PM »

Don't get me wrong I really like these songs [Blues and Maddy] but to say they are masterpieces, IMO I don't see how that can be determined from the live performances we have heard so far.  I am not begruding those that think they are instant classics or masterpieces, I just don't see how that can be judged until you hear the final studio product.  Who knows how much these songs could have changed, Axl could have completely changed things and we won't know that until we hear the studio versions.  JMO.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2005, 02:35:06 PM »

This is the only Robin Finck Solo that I really like. But I haven't heard more solos by him in the new songs. I also like Sossego. He should just stop playin the old GNR solos.

yep. i h8 2 say this but i think he's betta than slash

Someone had to be the first to get to know this. And the only one.

Back to the topic: I think that The Blues and Madagascar are really good songs, Axl is incredible in both of them, his vocal melodies are among his best works.  ok

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2005, 02:42:30 PM »

That robin is talented, better then slash or should stop playing old gnr tunes?

Can't have a gnr concert without the old tunes.. Well I need at least 6 songs, wttj to open, scom, pc to close, nr somewhere in there, etc
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2005, 02:47:08 PM »

If you think Robin is a better guitar player than Slash you need your head examined, I'm sure Robin and Axl would both agree.  He's alright but he ain't no Slash, not even fuckin' close.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2005, 02:48:46 PM »

If you think Robin is a better guitar player than Slash you need your head examined, I'm sure Robin and Axl would both agree.? He's alright but he ain't no Slash, not even fuckin' close.

That's ok. just never say you likre scott better then axl though hihi
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2005, 02:54:26 PM »

I do like Scott, but he's no Axl, that's for sure ok

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2005, 03:10:46 PM »

Nobody can be serious thinking that Finck is better than Slash. Period.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2005, 04:26:17 PM »

No more Slash/Finck talk, because the thought of someone saying Finck is even remotely close to Slash talent wise makes me want to put my head through this computer screen, but yes I think the blues and Maddy are good songs. But I think u guys are overlooking the fact that hes had so long to fix those songs up, I mean he was js playing them to see what they sounded like, they were still in the experimental stages.

Imagine them in their perfected stages, when they've fully taken that form that Axl meant for them. Imagine what Axl couldve done to those songs in 3 yrs, shit man they'll be so fuckin amazing when he does released em on cd, LOL they might even be orgasmic to some ppl. lol  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #135 on: May 13, 2005, 05:44:19 PM »

Yes, The BLues is a great song. Yes, so is Madagascar. Yes, OMG and CHinese Democracy are also great tunes. But do we have to praise them every few weeks??? Come on, we all get the picture, they're great, they give us hope for CD, we'd love to hear the studio versions. Why are threads like this repeating over and over again??

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2005, 06:16:38 PM »

Why are threads like this repeating over and over again??
because as much as I agree, there hasn't been anything new since years ago. Same as the same old sound boards get spoken of, to keep new gnr alive at all you have to speak about years past..
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2005, 04:24:58 AM »

Yes..still love the blues but i prefer the slower guitar ending in the first few versions i heard like in rio3..Love the weaving of the guitar along with Axls weaving voice at the end....I dont like the later live versions as much with the faster playing at the end it u get what im trying to say.. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2005, 01:36:34 PM »

I listened to "the blues" for the first time. When I heard it, something magic happened. I listened to it 1 week non-stop.

Same thing happened to me.  It was on my mind constantly for a long time after I first heard it.  It is by far and away the best of new songs that have been played live in my view.  A studio version would be worth a few bucks.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2005, 04:07:43 PM »

Yes..still love the blues but i prefer the slower guitar ending in the first few versions i heard like in rio3..Love the weaving of the guitar along with Axls weaving voice at the end....I dont like the later live versions as much with the faster playing at the end it u get what im trying to say.. ok

I disagree I love how Fortus added the outro to the blues. The orginal from hob and rio sounded empty but Fortus made it so much better

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: