Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:02:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Blues
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Blues  (Read 81621 times)
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2005, 07:49:31 PM »

I too like The Blues alot, I also can't wait for a studio version of this ok

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »

i did the same thing lisening to it over and over.i have the columbus dvd.awesome but it's a shame it is a dvd not the real thing.i guess that is good enough for now till something happens.
 beer smoking
show em my moto'
peace and chicken grease !

the one an only horsey !
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2005, 09:48:16 PM »

I agree with you guys, the song is amazing? ok
'The Blues' and 'Madagascar' are my 2 fav new gnr songs, studio versions will be unreal! I also love the outro with Axl and Fortus, makes the hairs on my neck stand up! I have an mp3 of it live in Pittsburgh which I think is the best of the versions i've heard, especially the outro, it's simply perfect on this (I think its from Pitts, the one where Axl's talking bout meeting a girl in a 'restaurant bar' after it). I also really like the lyrics in The Blues, especially 'What I thought was beautiful don't live inside of you anymore' and 'What I thought was true before were lies I couldn't see', that's classic Axl right there, stuff you can relate too.
I think songs like The Blues and Maddy will become Guns classics if studio versions are released because they have that lasting power like classic Guns tracks do. 4 Years on and i'm still playing these songs all the time and feeling them.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 09:57:21 PM by GNFNR_UK » Logged

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2005, 10:00:32 PM »

Pretty cool song but...  there is something missing
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2005, 10:03:27 PM »

Pretty cool song but...? there is something missing
we just need the studio version, that's the only thing missing. Live versions can't explore the full potencial of a song. That's why the studio version could be absolutely amazing.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2005, 10:42:04 PM »

The Blues fuckin' speaks to me

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
SLCPUNK
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2005, 10:42:21 PM »

(putting on flame proof suit)

I am sorry, but I just can't get into this song.

I thought the bit I heard of IRS was leeps and bounds ahead of the blues.

The blues was just...boring to me. Undecided
SLCPUNK
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2005, 10:43:45 PM »

The Blues fuckin' speaks to me

What's it say?

"keep changing your name every two weeks"?

Or deeper than that?
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2005, 10:49:17 PM »

It says, women can fuck you over....big time!!

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2005, 11:04:46 PM »

I love this song.  I can't believe it's been 4 years since I first heard this.  My Fav. "new" song.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2005, 11:07:27 PM »

I heard RIO first, i like it slower but!!

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2005, 12:49:16 AM »

I love the guitar work in The Blues. Some made by Paul Tobias, but improved by Fortus... And the Robin's solo is just amazing!
I recorded this version with me playing guitars (a bit louder) along with the Pittsburgh version. Check it out:

http://kytec.com/view.php?fid=25519

dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2005, 02:38:04 AM »

It`s very beautiful song -  i don`t like very much live shows (i prefer to be there)  but The Blues is one of the live songs who i always put in my car cd-s. Second is Your Song - Elton John Live in Australia  hihi
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2005, 04:01:08 AM »

It can still give me multiple eargasms.  Very good song.
Fudgin_Hell
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2005, 07:02:25 AM »

I only heard it a while back and i remember my mate putting his head in his hands! it reminded him of a south park song or something!??? Huh but i quite liked it. it was freash different and kicked ass

it has really got me wanting C.D ok

If we are frustrated at waiting for Chinesse Democracy, imagine how the Chinesse feel...
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2005, 07:20:42 AM »

This is the only Robin Finck Solo that I really like. But I haven't heard more solos by him in the new songs. I also like Sossego. He should just stop playin the old GNR solos.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2005, 07:22:52 AM »

The Blues, Maddy, and IRS are all insanely awesome.  Yep, I can listen to The Blues (and have) just about everyday.  That studio track is going to rock. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2005, 07:48:22 AM »

It was a song I listened to for a little while but haven't for a long long time since.. I need an album ,I never listen to these songs anymore..

Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2005, 08:20:21 AM »

I agree with you guys, the song is amazing  ok
'The Blues' and 'Madagascar' are my 2 fav new gnr songs, studio versions will be unreal! I also love the outro with Axl and Fortus, makes the hairs on my neck stand up! I have an mp3 of it live in Pittsburgh which I think is the best of the versions i've heard, especially the outro, it's simply perfect on this (I think its from Pitts, the one where Axl's talking bout meeting a girl in a 'restaurant bar' after it). I also really like the lyrics in The Blues, especially 'What I thought was beautiful don't live inside of you anymore' and 'What I thought was true before were lies I couldn't see', that's classic Axl right there, stuff you can relate too.
I think songs like The Blues and Maddy will become Guns classics if studio versions are released because they have that lasting power like classic Guns tracks do. 4 Years on and i'm still playing these songs all the time and feeling them.

My thoughts exactly, The Blues is a beautiful song that you can relate to. In my opinion The Blues and Madagascar can be considered as "classics", songs that can take the test of time

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2005, 09:02:17 AM »

I agree with you guys, the song is amazing? ok

My thoughts exactly, The Blues is a beautiful song that you can relate to. In my opinion The Blues and Madagascar can be considered as "classics", songs that can take the test of time
I always wonder why if the song maddy is such an instant classic that would suck you right in as well as a newer fan base why nothing came of it after it played in front of so many millions at the vmas over month long periods.. You would think that the radio stations would have been flooded, or mtv with requests of that truly instant classic amazing song..? Not everyone feels this way, I'm sure some hear an amy lee song and think ow it's a beautifull song on the piano and her voice is angelic like we feel axl's is..
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: