Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:34:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 650343 times)
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7180 on: December 13, 2006, 08:27:19 AM »

This year has been the most activity filled year in regards to Guns n Roses and yet people still bitch and moan pissed

At the end of the day they said 2006 and we have nothing. again.

Ever think it's not up to the band now as to when it's released? They, most likely, want it to come out this year. The label probably wants to wait so they can promote the hell out of it. Who do you think is going to win in that situation? Certainly not the band...

Possibly but when they say confidently fall... on several occasions.

If theres been a legitamate hold up then the management have to inform the fans. Its the decent thing to do.

Id fall to my knees in appreciation if the band said "Look, we hoped for November but for this reason we cannot do it. enjoy the tour and we would like to inform the fans we have scheduled it in for March whatever".

Just give us an official release date and promise to stick to it. None of this 13 tuesdays crap.
anythinggoes
« Reply #7181 on: December 13, 2006, 08:29:31 AM »

This year has been the most activity filled year in regards to Guns n Roses and yet people still bitch and moan pissed

So because they finally conpleted a European tour, unlike in 2001 when I had tickets and it all got delayed and cancelled, I should suddenly be greatful?!?!

I hate it how people imply anyone taking this personally should move on or get a reality check. I have a healthy social life thanks but I do happen to love this band and every day at work, throughout the day, I check for updates and news.

At the end of the day they said 2006 and we have nothing. again.

New fans might be able to put up with that but I got internet access back in 97 and this was the first band I checked out. Its been a veryyy long wait.

I can only pray that lack of press release is a good thing as I dont believe the band would be so ignorant and heartless as to promise us the record only to watch us suffer as the weeks wittle away.

Ive had the same wait as everyone else who brought TSI on day of release so im no newbie ive been a news hunter all this time yet i am never negative and i am very fucking grateful they completed the European tour as i got to see a great many of the shows. and as fo this comment
I hate it how people imply anyone taking this personally should move on or get a reality check.

Well if you are tkaing it personally i think you do need to take a reality check i mean do you think GN'R are doing all this just to upset you ?rofl

kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7182 on: December 13, 2006, 08:29:57 AM »

If this website went on strike... if we voted to shut it down until we get answers....

Then they would listen. I bet it would even make news pages across the web. THINK ABOUT IT.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #7183 on: December 13, 2006, 08:30:50 AM »

That's the problem right there, you're acting like you're owed a reason why we don't have it. When they want to talk about it, they will, until then don't think about it.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #7184 on: December 13, 2006, 08:32:37 AM »

"Sometimes I feel like I'm beatin' a Dead Horse"

Oops. Sorry. After reading the last few posts, I just had that lyric stuck in my head.

So, who else is still hoping for next Tuesday?

The album isn't coming this year.  We all know that, whether we admit it or not.  It's a shame too.  IT wouldn't be as bad if we weren't told it was coming this year but we obviously were.  Fuck it though, I've had a great year with this band and I hope next year we get an album.  I'm going to say 2008 or 2009 though to be realistic.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #7185 on: December 13, 2006, 08:34:05 AM »

two tuesdays left in the year, one one (the 19th) is practical. Guns better have a good reason for it not coming out this year when axl him self announced several times that CD will be out this year.There is no excuse for them not releasing it when axl keeps saying 2006 or ?? tuesdays left in the year.

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #7186 on: December 13, 2006, 08:34:15 AM »

If this website went on strike... if we voted to shut it down until we get answers....

Then they would listen. I bet it would even make news pages across the web. THINK ABOUT IT.

Never going to happen, so why don't we just talk about going on a dumb strike.  Axl would probably be happy as fuck to not have all of you people bitching all the time then.  Do you think he would give two shits if we shut down this site??

kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7187 on: December 13, 2006, 08:34:20 AM »

That's the problem right there, you're acting like you're owed a reason why we don't have it. When they want to talk about it, they will, until then don't think about it.

Of course we are owed something.

Do you make plans with friends then cancel them without explanation?!?! Is that acceptable!?!?! At work can I just ignore deadlines and do things when I feel like it. Of course not.

Why is it acceptable for a rock band to do that to the people who keep them in their jobs?! The concert goers and people who buy the records.

If the band think they owe us nothing then theres only one word for that.. ignorance.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7188 on: December 13, 2006, 08:35:41 AM »

? Do you think he would give two shits if we shut down this site??

I certainly do think he would care considering the band use this site to voice their opinions and defend their mistakes.

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #7189 on: December 13, 2006, 08:36:08 AM »

Do you make plans with friends then cancel them without explanation?!?! Is that acceptable!?!?! At work can I just ignore deadlines and do things when I feel like it. Of course not.

Why is it acceptable for a rock band to do that to the people who keep them in their jobs?! The concert goers and people who buy the records.

If the band think they owe us nothing then theres only one word for that.. ignorance.

Work and friends are actually a part of your DAILY life.  A band that you don't know, isn't really a part of your life.  Friends and work are necessities for most people to just survive this world.  A band isn't.  Not even a good comparison.

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #7190 on: December 13, 2006, 08:37:02 AM »

Do you think he would give two shits if we shut down this site??

I certainly do think he would care considering the band use this site to voice their opinions and defend their mistakes.

No he wouldn't.  He would have no reason to voice anything if people weren't bitching about it.  He does it to stop the speculation and if there is no speculating going on, why would he??

You are wrong.

kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7191 on: December 13, 2006, 08:38:10 AM »

Work and friends are actually a part of your DAILY life.? A band that you don't know, isn't really a part of your life.? Friends and work are necessities for most people to just survive this world.? A band isn't.? Not even a good comparison.

The band is part of peoples daily lives right now and they effect more people than one person alone can. Look at a cancelled concert like this weeks, 1000s of fans who've made arrangements, possibly taken time off work and booked travel.

Cancelled with no explanation whatsoever.

The only commitment the band have is to turn up and venues and release their record. Its not asking a lot since theyve had 10 years to get it sorted.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #7192 on: December 13, 2006, 08:38:39 AM »

Nice try. Too bad it's got no root in reality. Now let's get back to mature discussion and stop putting words in other peoples mouths.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #7193 on: December 13, 2006, 08:40:46 AM »

Work and friends are actually a part of your DAILY life.  A band that you don't know, isn't really a part of your life.  Friends and work are necessities for most people to just survive this world.  A band isn't.  Not even a good comparison.

The part is part of peoples daily lives right now and they effect more people than one person alone can. Look at a cancelled concert like this weeks, 1000s of fans who've made arrangements, possibly taken time off work and booked travel.

Cancelled with no explanation whatsoever.

The only commitment the band have is to turn up and venues and release their record. Its not asking a lot since theyve had 10 years to get it sorted.

Well I'm sorry you rely on this band to get through your days on this planet.  I'm sure they give a fuck too.  If they did you would have had your record 10 years ago with the original band.  They don't give a shit about what you think or say.  REALIZE IT!!!!!  AXL DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINION AND HE NEVER FUCKING WILL!!!!  It's not hard to understand.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #7194 on: December 13, 2006, 08:41:17 AM »

Nice try. Too bad it's got no root in reality. Now let's get back to mature discussion and stop putting words in other peoples mouths.

Bullshit man. How did I put words in anyones mouth. The guy said he was owed an explination. He's not, so stop acting like you know shit.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7195 on: December 13, 2006, 08:43:15 AM »

Well I'm sorry you rely on this band to get through your days on this planet.?

Uh... I only post on this website when Im at work... so I clearly have a life outwith GnR since I chose not to bother posting on forums during my own free time.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #7196 on: December 13, 2006, 08:44:15 AM »

Bullshit man. How did I put words in anyones mouth. The guy said he was owed an explination. He's not, so stop acting like you know shit.

If your intention is to reply to someone else it might be an idea to not give the appearance that you're replying to me, like mimicking my wording. Just an advice.

That's why we have a quoting feature.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 08:46:08 AM by polluxlm » Logged

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #7197 on: December 13, 2006, 08:45:05 AM »

Well I'm sorry you rely on this band to get through your days on this planet. 

Uh... I only post on this website when Im at work... so I clearly have a life outwith GnR since I chose not to bother posting on forums during my own free time.

Then how could you possibly care this much about whether the album comes out or not this year??  If you're only here when you're at work, why do you want the board to shutdown and "go on strike" so bad??

JB9988
VIP

« Reply #7198 on: December 13, 2006, 08:45:26 AM »

why is gnr removed from comming soon on the bbc site! crying crying

anythinggoes
« Reply #7199 on: December 13, 2006, 08:45:50 AM »

Im sorry but what does the band owe to the record buyers and concert goers the people who hand over money for them things actually get either a CD or a live show the only time thay are owed anything is if a show gets cancelled and thatis thier money back and an explanation as to why the show was cancelled, so if you think you are owed anything you are wrong unless of course you have a ticket to tomorrow nights concert.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: