Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:29:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 650323 times)
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #7160 on: December 13, 2006, 05:43:33 AM »

it really saddens me that people have a negative attitude towards the band now.

somethings are just beyond their control.

get angry with managment, not the band.

you think theyre just sitting on this album saying "shall we release it? naah not today"

i know everything thats happened is dis-heartening....just, deep breath and look forward to 2007  Smiley

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
Gordi
« Reply #7161 on: December 13, 2006, 06:00:03 AM »

you think theyre just sitting on this album saying "shall we release it? naah not today"

i know everything thats happened is dis-heartening....just, deep breath and look forward to 2007  Smiley

That's true, but you gotta admit it's getting pretty disheartening lately in GNR world... And there ain't that many weeks left in the year... no
aramelus
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7162 on: December 13, 2006, 06:06:52 AM »

But why don't they tell us that it is not coming out??
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #7163 on: December 13, 2006, 06:16:59 AM »

that would be the best solution, but because they haven't, then people are clinging on to the hope that it will see the light in 2006, which is entrely up to them, of course.? i suppose we all will have a little hope that this year it will happen, i know i do.  and i would never have a negative attitude towrds the band.  i have been a fan since i first picked up my vinyl copy of "appetite......." on the day it was released in the uk.  i have been a huge fan all my life and always will be.  my attitude towrds the band will never change because i have been there from pretty much the start.  don't get me wrong, they are not the most important thing in my life, i have a wife and 3 kids that take care of that for me, but the album is very important to me in the way that it is something i have waited so so long for.  i truly belive it's coming, i'd just like to know when.

we definitely need some sort of official comment one way or the other. beer
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 06:19:57 AM by nightrain_jh » Logged

Don't Damn Me!!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #7164 on: December 13, 2006, 06:30:16 AM »

i know everything thats happened is dis-heartening....just, deep breath and look forward to 2007? Smiley

Too much money at stake, most likely.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
gnrziggy
Banned
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7165 on: December 13, 2006, 06:34:42 AM »

Maybe we get some 411 today website has been cleaned up and there is one big empty space where tour info use to be.

GNR= Greatest Band of all time!
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #7166 on: December 13, 2006, 06:53:32 AM »

i know everything thats happened is dis-heartening....just, deep breath and look forward to 2007? Smiley

there's no point trying to guess or speculating and going over every detail. fact is we dont know what they are contracted to, we dont know what they're being told - they may have been silenced for now for legal issues...there are numerous reasons. doesn't mean we should lash out on the band. bottom line is nothing is ever simple, not matter how much we try and figure things out.
look at the band - do they appear to you to be people who's sole motive is money? does robin finck seem like the kinda guy to stick around this long just for money? personally i have too much respect and admiration for them as musicians to think that, and that's what keeps me going.

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
goonersnroses
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7167 on: December 13, 2006, 07:07:20 AM »

Hey found this on Rollingstone sorry if it has been talked about taught id throw it in for what its worth!

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2006/12/12/will-anyone-ever-hear-chinese-democracy/
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #7168 on: December 13, 2006, 07:19:27 AM »

there's no point trying to guess or speculating and going over every detail. fact is we dont know what they are contracted to, we dont know what they're being told - they may have been silenced for now for legal issues...there are numerous reasons. doesn't mean we should lash out on the band. bottom line is nothing is ever simple, not matter how much we try and figure things out.
look at the band - do they appear to you to be people who's sole motive is money? does robin finck seem like the kinda guy to stick around this long just for money? personally i have too much respect and admiration for them as musicians to think that, and that's what keeps me going.

I think they would stick around for the money. i respect them as musicians, but as people...? remains to be seen. but to be fair axl probably keeps makin dumb promises to them to.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #7169 on: December 13, 2006, 07:29:56 AM »

I think they would stick around for the money. i respect them as musicians, but as people...? remains to be seen. but to be fair axl probably keeps makin dumb promises to them to.
As I see these musicians on stage having fun and performing their ass off I would never ever think of them doing it solely for the money! They are artists wanting to have fun in what they are good at, no businessmen!
Only thing I can imgaine is some issue between management, the band and record company not agreeing on strategies for sale etc. about the album, or some legal issues concerning cover art, contributions made by other people (buckethead) etc. Perhaps Axl was anxious to put out the record, but those external factors are blocking a release and nobody can say anything for the case's matter.

How is that arranged in the US, are all cases made public?

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7170 on: December 13, 2006, 07:37:44 AM »

no one with a bit of musical integrity would like to play songs which they didnt have any input at all. i will change my mind about these guys only when they release their own music, so until then they're just hired guns. gnr wasnt just a name or a logo BUT a bunch of musicians that when wrote music together something magic happened. how many times this band needs to rehearse to feel like a band 5,6 years?? either you have it or you dont! ?tommy said a couple of years ago that hes been in this band for 8 years, where is the music dude! show me what have you done in the past 8 years to deserve gnrs name-regarding putting out new material, cos thats what i care about. not about the clothes you wear not about the hair style nor what time you show up for the gig or how many shows are cancelled. ?

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #7171 on: December 13, 2006, 07:39:39 AM »

"Sometimes I feel like I'm beatin' a Dead Horse"

Oops. Sorry. After reading the last few posts, I just had that lyric stuck in my head.

So, who else is still hoping for next Tuesday?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #7172 on: December 13, 2006, 07:41:41 AM »

No point in speculating? What should we do then? Even when we get news we are often left to speculate. It's what we do.

I've seen people been married their whole life because of money, so even though I don't think that's the case we shouldn't rule it completely out. And it's not necessarily Axl or the band that cares about the money, it could be the promoter or the label. Every dispute in the world usually boils down to a monetary issue.

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7173 on: December 13, 2006, 07:54:44 AM »

You know, I can go 4 or 5 days between visits to this site and it never ceases to amaze me that some people still hold out hope for 2006.? Oh well... what would evangalists do without the gullible?

It is not coming in 2006, we can put that to rest.? Even the most delusioned fan must now see that with 6 days before December 19th, we would have heard by now (i.e. leaks, singles, ect).? And GNR isn't going to release an album 15 years in the making the day after Xmas.

So that being said, as soon back as October (2 months), we were told my Merck that 2006 was still the year.? The only questions I have is, "Was he lying to sell tickets, or does he just not have a clue as to how to do his job?? I'd like to think he's smart enough to have lied, but something tells me he just doesn't know how to do his job well.?

I can't wait to see all the "yeah baby!, May 2007 is the month" posts that will soon be flying around here.? ?

Perfect

p.s. If you just send me 15% of your income, you'll get Chinese Democracy and your soul will be saved.? ?Roll Eyes
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #7174 on: December 13, 2006, 08:02:21 AM »

I heard a rumour that Jarmo was seen walking out of the Virgin Megastores HQ yesterday with a a CD shaped package.......  Wink
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7175 on: December 13, 2006, 08:05:08 AM »

"Sometimes I feel like I'm beatin' a Dead Horse"

Oops. Sorry. After reading the last few posts, I just had that lyric stuck in my head.

So, who else is still hoping for next Tuesday?

have a break have a kitt katt.

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
anythinggoes
« Reply #7176 on: December 13, 2006, 08:06:58 AM »

I heard a rumour that Jarmo was seen walking out of the Virgin Megastores HQ yesterday with a a CD shaped package.......? Wink

Sorry thats the pre release of the new Bullet for my Funeral Cd he has got me for Christmas he just needs to get it signed now
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7177 on: December 13, 2006, 08:20:50 AM »

This year has been the most activity filled year in regards to Guns n Roses and yet people still bitch and moan pissed

So because they finally conpleted a European tour, unlike in 2001 when I had tickets and it all got delayed and cancelled, I should suddenly be greatful?!?!

I hate it how people imply anyone taking this personally should move on or get a reality check. I have a healthy social life thanks but I do happen to love this band and every day at work, throughout the day, I check for updates and news.

At the end of the day they said 2006 and we have nothing. again.

New fans might be able to put up with that but I got internet access back in 97 and this was the first band I checked out. Its been a veryyy long wait.

I can only pray that lack of press release is a good thing as I dont believe the band would be so ignorant and heartless as to promise us the record only to watch us suffer as the weeks wittle away.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #7178 on: December 13, 2006, 08:24:30 AM »

This year has been the most activity filled year in regards to Guns n Roses and yet people still bitch and moan pissed

Ever think it's not up to the band now as to when it's released? They, most likely, want it to come out this year. The label probably wants to wait so they can promote the hell out of it. Who do you think is going to win in that situation? Certainly not the band...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #7179 on: December 13, 2006, 08:26:42 AM »

Ever think it's not up to the band now as to when it's released? They, most likely, want it to come out this year. The label probably wants to wait so they can promote the hell out of it. Who do you think is going to win in that situation? Certainly not the band...

That could be, but then again, knowing Axl, perhaps not.

And that's the core of the problem right there, not knowing.

Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: