Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:27:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 650360 times)
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #7120 on: December 12, 2006, 09:39:07 PM »

I'm losing hope. Everything looked so bright in September. Axl said the album was coming this year, the Hammerstein and European shows rocked the world in the previous months, and we heard the leaks live in concert. Now it's December 12th, no announcement, cancelled shows. The Harley ad has been indefinitely postponed.

Why can't the gods of rock just put out this album and give us one hell of a ride? I am not bashing, just disappointed.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #7121 on: December 12, 2006, 09:43:33 PM »

At this point I hope that we hear something about the pending release sometime soon after the tour ends.  If the album was nearly ready for a late fall 2006 release then I can't imagine waiting longer than sometime during the spring of 2007. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #7122 on: December 12, 2006, 10:06:16 PM »

You guys have nothing to worry about. The album is going to drop on the 19th . . .  ok

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7123 on: December 12, 2006, 10:24:35 PM »

You guys have nothing to worry about. The album is going to drop on the 19th . . .  ok

WITH A NAME LIKE YOURS , WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE YOU ?
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7124 on: December 12, 2006, 10:28:15 PM »

With one week till the 19th, something tells me we're not going to see it next week or any other week left in 06'.

I believe that the album is in the hands of Universal and was pushed back to 07' for a proper promotion and release. You have to remember Universal have a big investment in the success of CD, and a proper promotion is the key to any album's success. It's bad business for Universal to release CD without promotion.

Has anyone asked Merck or Mysteron if the album is in the hands of Universal?

There's no such thing as bad publicity as far as GNR is concerned. ?As such, this band has had the biggest promotion ever for Chindem of any album thus far don't you think? ?The whole concept of Guns N' Roses has always been a good / evil dichotomy.

Guns / Roses
Evil / Good
Bad press / Good press
Bad-ass / Perfect Gentleman

GNR is riding a massive publicity tsunami right now. ?Axl has been toying with the press and media forever. ?Its a part of his art.

I really have a feeling that we are reaching the centre of the storm and that's why things are getting quiet. ?I have a very strong feeling that Dec. 19 is the day, and things are going to happen then. ?Nobody knows what or how, but if Axl had over a decade to plot it and virtually unlimited funds, who knows what is possible?

People have to realize that Axl is aware of how elated and irritated the fans are right now. ?He's also aware that all his fans know about his 2006 release statement. ?He's not stupid. ?If he doesn't deliver without a really valid explanation, he knows he's finished. ?Does anyone truly believe that he would invest 15 years of his life in building a perfect storm of expectations and then blow it all away by not keeping his promise? ?2006 is the year. ?Those are words directly from the Axl himself. ?Still unchanged! ?December 19th is the most likely date. ?Warm up your CD players and Ipods....

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7125 on: December 12, 2006, 10:31:20 PM »

You guys have nothing to worry about. The album is going to drop on the 19th . . .? ok

Are you on hallucinogens? It ain't happening. Merck declining to comment is probably not a very good sign. Does he think people are just going to forget his comments about 10 Tuesdays left, blah,blah,blah? I hope Rolling Stone has a load of fun @ Merck & Axl's expense in their first issue of 2007.
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7126 on: December 12, 2006, 10:32:20 PM »

You guys have nothing to worry about. The album is going to drop on the 19th . . .? ok

No need to yell Dude. Wink

It is entirely circumlocutious what anyone believes. ?Something is set in motion and nobody knows what it is. ?Its all in Axl's and Universal's hands now.

Adler really had the beats man. ok ?So simple and primal...

Duh Duh Tch, ?Duh Duh Tch, ?Duh Duh Tch, Duh Duh Tch.......

flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7127 on: December 12, 2006, 10:36:19 PM »

No need to yell Dude. Wink

It is entirely circumlocutious what anyone believes.  Something is set in motion and nobody knows what it is.  Its all in Axl's and Universal's hands now.

Adler really had the beats man. ok  So simple and primal...

Duh Duh Tch,  Duh Duh Tch,  Duh Duh Tch, Duh Duh Tch.......

its been in their hands for 13 years
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7128 on: December 12, 2006, 10:46:08 PM »

I can't seem to find the "13 tuesdays" comment on GNR's website anymore.  no Does anyone know when it was removed?

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #7129 on: December 12, 2006, 11:00:26 PM »

the bbc website has been updated a little.? but only to take chinese democracy off the coming soon list.? fuckers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/newreleases.shtml

of course i can't see anyone being too surprised.

no not surprised just disapointed Undecided i sent them an e-mail like aot of you probibly but o-well

heres to a CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually beer

till then i guess i'll just have a little more patience  smoking DAMNIT Angry

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #7130 on: December 12, 2006, 11:07:58 PM »

I can't seem to find the "13 tuesdays" comment on GNR's website anymore.  no Does anyone know when it was removed?

Seems to have been replaced by the memo under "Jungle Honored". 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #7131 on: December 12, 2006, 11:10:29 PM »

i think that 13 tusedays left thing was on Blabbermouth if you wanna go there and try to find it, just trying to help

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7132 on: December 12, 2006, 11:12:01 PM »

i think that 13 tusedays left thing was on Blabbermouth if you wanna go there and try to find it, just trying to help

Thanks Wink

I am sure I remember seeing it on the actual GNR website.  Am I crazy?  (Don't answer)

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #7133 on: December 12, 2006, 11:19:18 PM »

It was there...something along the lines of "And regarding the upcoming 'Chinese Democracy,'..."

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #7134 on: December 12, 2006, 11:55:57 PM »

the "13 tuesdays" thing is still on their myspace.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #7135 on: December 13, 2006, 12:39:45 AM »

mm maybe they realized what a bad joke that comment was and finally had it removed

the BBC thing was a real disappointment, i thought for once that we had something there.. oh well Undecided

Edward Rose
« Reply #7136 on: December 13, 2006, 12:48:13 AM »

Funny how no one wonders why the band has nothing officially scheduled between December 21st, 2006 and January 9th, 2007. Christmas is only like, a day and a half long.

hihi
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7137 on: December 13, 2006, 12:58:41 AM »

Funny how no one wonders why the band has nothing officially scheduled between December 21st, 2006 and January 9th, 2007. Christmas is only like, a day and a half long.

hihi

hmmm normal school vacations in america are 2 weeks perhaps some of these dudes have kids ?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #7138 on: December 13, 2006, 01:09:45 AM »

hihi

hmmm normal school vacations in america are 2 weeks perhaps some of these dudes have kids ?

Fuck their kids, what about pleasing their fans first! It's we that matter!!

hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #7139 on: December 13, 2006, 01:19:52 AM »

the bbc website has been updated a little.? but only to take chinese democracy off the coming soon list.? fuckers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/newreleases.shtml

of course i can't see anyone being too surprised.

no not surprised just disapointed Undecided i sent them an e-mail like aot of you probibly but o-well

heres to a CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually beer

till then i guess i'll just have a little more patience? smoking DAMNIT Angry

i'm not disappointed.  they took off ALL upcoming album releases, including Nas'.  which means it was not pulled because gnr's album is not coming out soon but they just took it off all together.  not worried about it.  plus CD wasnt coming out next week anyway....
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: