Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:21:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 650441 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #7100 on: December 12, 2006, 04:50:18 PM »

btw... how many posts do I need to have prior to being promoted to "Headliner". Not that I'm in a hurry...just curious.

50...maybe 51, depending on where the line is drawn.  i think.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7101 on: December 12, 2006, 04:58:30 PM »

btw... how many posts do I need to have prior to being promoted to "Headliner". Not that I'm in a hurry...just curious.

About as many as the # of times you shot up there Stevie-Boy

It's you isn't it?
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7102 on: December 12, 2006, 05:00:58 PM »

Okay, okay, so we're not seeing the album this year.  I'm bummed but that's it.  However, in the recent bumblefoot interview he doesn't say anything about the album (vaguely) except "don't worry about what you don't have, worry about what you do have".  This sounds a lot like "live your life" -axl.  To me, it also sounds like "soon isn't the word". 

They're obviously trying to tell us something here.  They love all of the support, but the album isn't coming out yet so don't wait on it!  They're willing to work on some album for a very, very long time.  They don't want people to "suffer" waiting for it yet they still are.  The band doesn't like it. We don't like it.  Yet they're working on a very long project and they don't want to throw it out there just yet.  They thought they could have it out this year and they can't.  Sorry. 

I mean....  relate it to a girl.  Some unstable girls might "not be ready for another relationship for a while" but the guy waits around for her to be ready.  The guy gets pissed of waiting and the girl still isn't ready.  Sometimes the guy could pressure her and she'll feel bad and question herself, and maybe say she'll go out on a date.  Then later she chickenshits out because she still isn't ready.  The guy'll be pissed.  Best way for him to deal with it is not worry about it, keep friends with her, and down the road maybe she'll want to get with him.  Smart guy's will know this can happen and take that route.

The band isn't ready to release it yet.  They have pressure and don't want to say anything to fuck with our heads but hey....  shit happens.

And as far as Jarmo goes.... He's obviously a big fan and cares about the people on this board, too.  He probably recieved some offer allowing him to get more inside information than most people, and the only trade off was that we couldn't write threads talking about things that the band feels is "disrespectful."  In return, the members get some benefits like better news coverage and pre-sales to concerts.  Not that bad of a trade-off.

Disagree if you want but I think it's time for us to TAKE A HINT that the band is working on a LONG schedule and we shouldn't hold our breath!!!
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #7103 on: December 12, 2006, 05:04:16 PM »

Im lucky for what?.........i havent said anything bad about anyone?  ive been called a liar and an idiot.......ive been told to shut up because im new on here............i should be lucky for that? gimme a break........

LOL, you are star hey man you've insulted several people in several different posts.  don't pretend like you're a helpless victim here.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7104 on: December 12, 2006, 05:10:13 PM »

A bunch of haters on this board....but thats okay.........cuz i will always speak the mind.........

You know, I was looking for an example of hypocracy, and I think I just found it.  hihi
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #7105 on: December 12, 2006, 05:25:43 PM »

This Thread is NOT a chat... Kepp reminding it to yourself and try to commetn only to rumours!

I don't want this thread being closed, because some fuckheads keep chatting about weather...   confused
asylumdave
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7106 on: December 12, 2006, 05:50:39 PM »

Fresno show on hold accoding to the Sav-Mart Arena.  No further info until official announcement!  Not a great idea to cancel shows just before a supposed release.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7107 on: December 12, 2006, 06:03:26 PM »

I mean....? relate it to a girl.? Some unstable girls might "not be ready for another relationship for a while" but the guy waits around for her to be ready.? The guy gets pissed of waiting and the girl still isn't ready.? Sometimes the guy could pressure her and she'll feel bad and question herself, and maybe say she'll go out on a date.? Then later she chickenshits out because she still isn't ready.? The guy'll be pissed.? Best way for him to deal with it is not worry about it, keep friends with her, and down the road maybe she'll want to get with him.? Smart guy's will know this can happen and take that route.
'

You mean dumb ass guys instead of smart, I know it cause Im a dumbass... and FUCK NO I WONT WAIT PATIENTLY FOR ANOTHER GIR....UHMM.. FOR CHIDEM !!? rant

A FRIEND OF MINE, A GNR FAN DIED A YEAR AGO , IN HIS DEATH BED HE MADE A JOKE REGARDING CHIDEM, HE SAID IT AS A JOKE BUT I KNEW HE SAID IT WITH PAIN, CAUSE HE KNEW HE WOULDNT LIVE ENOUGH TO HEAR THE ALBUM...

fuck waiting, LIVE NOW, carpe diem a little !! that goes for GNR, release the fuckin album Now, stop fuckiin around forever, release one, then another then another... fuckin idiots

ps: what ever happened to that BBC pagE? was it updated?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 06:05:20 PM by Wooody » Logged

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #7108 on: December 12, 2006, 06:28:33 PM »

Well I am now retracting my statement that I think it will be out on the 19th, don't think its going to happen this year, better luck next time? hihi

Fuck All Y'all
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #7109 on: December 12, 2006, 06:32:32 PM »

There's been no official announcement that it WON'T be out before the end of the month, right? Maybe there's still hope for December 26th.  beer

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #7110 on: December 12, 2006, 07:11:18 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061212/music_nm/rose_dc

NEW YORK (Reuters) -        Axl Rose's fans are hoping for a miracle this Christmas -- the release of "Chinese Democracy," the first album of original Guns N' Roses music in 15 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Rose, 44, the only original member of the combustible rock group, vaguely told MTV in late August that the album would hit store shelves "this year," 12 years after work started. The band is currently on a U.S. tour, its first since 2002, but the album still has no official release date.

With only a few weeks left in 2006, most Guns N' Roses fans now believe the only music they will hear on Christmas morning will be "Silent Night." During a sold-out performance at New York City's Madison Square Garden last month, Rose was mum about the album, which has cost roughly $13 million to make, according to a New York Times story in March 2005.

"Believing 'Chinese Democracy' is coming out this year is the same as believing in Santa Claus," said a fan on the popular HereTodayGoneToHell Web site (http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com) earlier this month.

Rose's manager, Merck Mercuriadis, who further stoked fan anticipation in early October when he told Rolling Stone magazine that fans "might walk into (their) record shop one Tuesday and find it there," declined to comment for this article. Interscope Records, the band's label, referred inquiries to Mercuriadis. (Albums usually go on sale on Tuesdays in the United States, a day earlier elsewhere.)

NEW SONGS, TOUR

Most of Rose's bandmates on Guns N' Roses' last album of new material, the two-volume "Use Your Illusion" set, either quit or were fired as the singer took control of the group, and then took his time recording a followup. Several waves of replacements also came and went.

Fortunately, the die-hard fans have more staying power. In January, they were sent into a frenzy when a casual Rose broke his silence to talk to Rolling Stone about the album, describing it as "complex."

That was followed in February by Internet leaks of four new songs, "Better," "I.R.S.," "Catcher in the Rye," and "There Was a Time." Two months later, Guns N' Roses announced a summer European tour, and then played four sold-out warm-up shows at New York City's Hammerstein Ballroom in May.

"For the first time, we had proof that there was new material," said Eric Romano, 33, a Montreal computer technician and webmaster of http://www.MyGNRForum.com.

Finally, on August 31, Rose appeared at the MTV Video Music Awards in New York, where he said "it is this year," in response to a question about the "Chinese Democracy" release.

"That's what did it for a lot of fans," said Brian Sharma, 28, a Philadelphia lawyer and owner of two cats named "Axl" and "Rose." "Axl (had) never said that before."

"This year the excitement level hit an all-time high," said Mark Strigl, 37, co-host of "Talking Metal," a pod-cast about heavy metal. "I don't know if that excitement will ever be topped again with the hard-core fans."

A NEW HOPE?

Disappointed fans now expect the album to arrive sometime in 2007, possibly timed with the 20th anniversary of "Appetite for Destruction," the band's 1987 blockbuster debut. Some expect an official announcement in the coming days.

Meanwhile, Guns N' Roses' global audience remains formidable. The band has sold 38.5 million albums in the United States, according to the        Recording Industry Association of America, while worldwide sales are estimated at more than 90 million. Guns N' Roses' "Greatest Hits," released in 2004, has sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S.

In a way, however, the absence of "Democracy" makes the online fan community that much more cohesive, Strigl said. It "gives them something to hope for."

And Rose's dependable unpredictability is part of Guns N' Roses' lasting appeal.

"He's doing it his way, which is the rock n' roll ethos," Sharma said.

Reuters

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #7111 on: December 12, 2006, 07:16:03 PM »

Thats a good article, however I think most of the fans online are going to be in the "fuck you Axl Rose mode" if no album is released this year.

I believe alot of hardcore / diehard fans are going to be upset.

Can we blame them ? Two stances the "fuck you" or the "it will be out when it is out", sure we have some middle ground? But it just might be one or the other.

Word,

Jimmy

Fuck All Y'all
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #7112 on: December 12, 2006, 07:19:16 PM »

"Rose's manager, Merck Mercuriadis, who further stoked fan anticipation in early October when he told Rolling Stone magazine that fans "might walk into (their) record shop one Tuesday and find it there," declined to comment for this article. Interscope Records, the band's label, referred inquiries to Mercuriadis."

It suggest the ball is still in the Gn'r camp.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7113 on: December 12, 2006, 07:20:25 PM »

Okay, I've been away for a few hours and I can't read 10 pages of this but I understand ?Sad negativity ?Sad ?has gone up out here and people are now sure the album will not be out on the 19th. ?So has Axl or Merck made an official statement to rescind the previous 2006 release statement? Huh

The last beautiful free soul on this planet!
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7114 on: December 12, 2006, 07:22:16 PM »

Holy Shit.  I'm a Rocker! beer

Bang Bang Bang

xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #7115 on: December 12, 2006, 08:03:53 PM »

One thing that bugs me is that everyone says that this is such a great band (which they are), but they're playing someone else's material (old GNR vice the few new tracks).  I want to hear what this band can do with their own stuff, stuff they wrote.  I realize that Axl is the powerhouse behind most of the songs, but the other members must have some say.  Either way, I want to hear what these guys are capable of.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7116 on: December 12, 2006, 08:07:45 PM »

One thing that bugs me is that everyone says that this is such a great band (which they are), but they're playing someone else's material (old GNR vice the few new tracks).? I want to hear what this band can do with their own stuff, stuff they wrote.? I realize that Axl is the powerhouse behind most of the songs, but the other members must have some say.? Either way, I want to hear what these guys are capable of.

Dude, you make a great point but not necessarily in the right thread. Smiley

So has Axl rescinded his 2006 release statement anyone?  Anyone?

estranged.1098
« Reply #7117 on: December 12, 2006, 08:21:52 PM »

One thing that bugs me is that everyone says that this is such a great band (which they are), but they're playing someone else's material (old GNR vice the few new tracks).  I want to hear what this band can do with their own stuff, stuff they wrote.  I realize that Axl is the powerhouse behind most of the songs, but the other members must have some say.  Either way, I want to hear what these guys are capable of.

Dude, you make a great point but not necessarily in the right thread. Smiley

So has Axl rescinded his 2006 release statement anyone?  Anyone?

Nope, the album is still planned for a 2006 release.
Bang Bang
Rocker

Free speech?

« Reply #7118 on: December 12, 2006, 08:25:01 PM »

beer  Awesome!!!! beer

A new GNR album is still officially planned for 2006.  Most likely in 7 days!  Fantastic! ok peace smoking beer

TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #7119 on: December 12, 2006, 09:37:12 PM »

With one week till the 19th, something tells me we're not going to see it next week or any other week left in 06'.

I believe that the album is in the hands of Universal and was pushed back to 07' for a proper promotion and release. You have to remember Universal have a big investment in the success of CD, and a proper promotion is the key to any album's success. It's bad business for Universal to release CD without promotion.

Has anyone asked Merck or Mysteron if the album is in the hands of Universal?
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: