Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:19:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 650498 times)
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #7060 on: December 12, 2006, 03:14:57 PM »

No promo Huh This album has had a sh-tload of promo !!

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #7061 on: December 12, 2006, 03:15:48 PM »

how can we respect your opinion when you want steven adler back in the band  hihi

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #7062 on: December 12, 2006, 03:16:18 PM »

The fact that radio doesn't have anything doesn't mean anything to me because I feel they(Axl) really wants to do everythig possible to stop leaks so how do you do (or try to do that)   Just realease it.   Then you do the media blitz.

Makes sense to me...........

I understand where you're coming from, but we already are playing singles from albums set to be released in January and February. (That goes for all of the stations in the building. Not just the rock station.)

dude you're right.

just don't answer to these fanatics.

they 're blind. They don't want to accept the truth... ChiDem will not be out this year. This is a FACT.

if CD is out before christmas it will be a disaster... absolutely no promo for the album.

it`s not a desaster if it doesn`t sell that good in the first three days.....   the long term sales are much more important.

i highly doubt a release this year though.... but i guess we`ll see (or not....)

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #7063 on: December 12, 2006, 03:16:52 PM »

The fact that radio doesn't have anything doesn't mean anything to me because I feel they(Axl) really wants to do everythig possible to stop leaks so how do you do (or try to do that)   Just realease it.   Then you do the media blitz.

I understand where you're coming from, but we already are playing singles from albums set to be released in January and February. (That goes for all of the stations in the building. Not just the rock station.)

I think you will feel awful silly next week when thwe album is in the stores.

dude you're right.

they 're blind. They don't want to accept the truth... ChiDem will not be out this year. This is a FACT.

if CD is out before christmas it will be a disaster... absolutely no promo for the album.

If the CD is out next week, then amazing. I'll go buy it the second its on shelves.

But its not going to happen, so I guess I'll be sitting here waiting.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #7064 on: December 12, 2006, 03:17:02 PM »

how can we respect your opinion when you want steven adler back in the band? hihi

Oppinions are like assholes,everyone has one.

Where's Axl?
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #7065 on: December 12, 2006, 03:18:13 PM »

how can we respect your opinion when you want steven adler back in the band? hihi

What makes you think I want Steven Adler back in the band ? lol

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #7066 on: December 12, 2006, 03:18:29 PM »

Can't we just all have a big group hug ?

?I know times are tough but the light at the end is getting brighter and brighter. ?rofl

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
nesto111
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7067 on: December 12, 2006, 03:19:14 PM »

Went in to HMV in London (uk) the guy in there told me that they have it down as deleted which ?apparently only means that the date has been (could be put forward or back from the initial date they had.
He had no memos or anything similar to tell him he couldnt speak about the album just said that they had no information at all of any release date.
What he did say that made me giggle was that he wasnt a fan of GNR but by the amount of people that had been in the store and calling about the album hes going to buy it to see what all the fuss is about.
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #7068 on: December 12, 2006, 03:19:39 PM »

The fact that radio doesn't have anything doesn't mean anything to me because I feel they(Axl) really wants to do everythig possible to stop leaks so how do you do (or try to do that)? ?Just realease it.? ?Then you do the media blitz.

And I understand where you're coming from. However this album I think we ALL can agree is unique. ?

So..... a unique release is appropriate.

Would you agree?

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #7069 on: December 12, 2006, 03:19:50 PM »

Can't we just all have a big group hug ?

?I know times are tough but the light at the end is getting brighter and brighter. ?rofl

at the end of the tunnel that is...sorry don't kill me ?ok

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7070 on: December 12, 2006, 03:19:54 PM »

F*cking Funny Cheesy
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #7071 on: December 12, 2006, 03:21:24 PM »

how can we respect your opinion when you want steven adler back in the band  hihi

F*cking Funny Cheesy

poor steven....  he wrote most of afd and the illusions and people only bash him hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #7072 on: December 12, 2006, 03:23:13 PM »

And I understand where you're coming from. However this album I think we ALL can agree is unique. 

So..... a unique release is appropriate.

Would you agree?

In certain ways, its a unique situation, but I can almost guarantee that the band will send a single to radio to coincide with the launch of the album. It would be suicide not to.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #7073 on: December 12, 2006, 03:27:47 PM »

DUDE, no one is making fun of axl, wtf are you talking about.? if you noobs don't like it here, then why don't you leave?Huh

i'm a noob but i like it here.? i'll stay thanks

Good, and welcome to the board.? I was just telling those fools to leave, because a few pages back they were telling senior members to "leave the board" because they were [and i'm paraphrasing] "sick and tired of all of the negativity and axl-hate that goes around on these boards"? (and these guys have been around for like less than 2 weeks)

rofl rofl rofl

People were calling Axl a liar and shit. ?Fuck that. ?I'm a fan of W. Axl Rose. ?I'm not going to sit back and let anybody -- not even someone with a high post count on an internet message forum -- call Axl Rose a liar. ?Sorry dude. ?That's negativity. ?That's HATE. ?It's not wanted. ?If you're mad, go scream into your pillow. ?But don't slag Axl on Axl's home turf.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #7074 on: December 12, 2006, 03:28:22 PM »

So after next Tuesday I guess we'll then all be meeting in the new "Favorite new song on the album thread" since this thread will be obsolete.

MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #7075 on: December 12, 2006, 03:28:47 PM »

I think you will feel awful silly next week when thwe album is in the stores.

dude you're right.

If the CD is out next week, then amazing. I'll go buy it the second its on shelves.

But its not going to happen, so I guess I'll be sitting here waiting.

i'm tired ...

i'm no longer waiting for this album... I'm just waiting for the next european tour. (i'm french)

and if there is no album soon ... i think this US tour will be the last GNR tour... :/

I don't really care about CHinese Democracy. I'll buy it but i don't think it will change my life.

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7076 on: December 12, 2006, 03:41:40 PM »

God i hope it comes out next week......maybe then ill get some respect on this board.....lol

Even if it DID come out next week it wouldn't prove anything.    That story is made up every week, eventually someone WILL get lucky and stumble onto the right date.  Doesn't make them a hero.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7077 on: December 12, 2006, 03:52:35 PM »

DUDE, no one is making fun of axl, wtf are you talking about.? if you noobs don't like it here, then why don't you leave?Huh

i'm a noob but i like it here.? i'll stay thanks

Good, and welcome to the board.? I was just telling those fools to leave, because a few pages back they were telling senior members to "leave the board" because they were [and i'm paraphrasing] "sick and tired of all of the negativity and axl-hate that goes around on these boards"? (and these guys have been around for like less than 2 weeks)

rofl rofl rofl

People were calling Axl a liar and shit. ?Fuck that. ?I'm a fan of W. Axl Rose. ?I'm not going to sit back and let anybody -- not even someone with a high post count on an internet message forum -- call Axl Rose a liar. ?Sorry dude. ?That's negativity. ?That's HATE. ?It's not wanted. ?If you're mad, go scream into your pillow. ?But don't slag Axl on Axl's home turf.

If you say something (ie: the album will DEFINETLY be out this year, than you dont produce, you are a liar. On my turf, your turf, and yes, this turf.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #7078 on: December 12, 2006, 03:58:41 PM »

If you say something (ie: the album will DEFINETLY be out this year, than you dont produce, you are a liar. On my turf, your turf, and yes, this turf.

It's hard to lie about something that hasn't happened yet.  Shit happens, things get fucked up.  We don't know why the album isn't out yet.  It could be any reason.  We may still get it in 2006.  Hell, I don't know. 

The fact of the matter is that Axl could have spoken what he believed to be the truth, and something happened to change it (or NOT!).  If the album was completely finished, pressed, and all copies were in a warehouse waiting to be delivered, and that warehouse burned down, you could argue that Axl had said something that turned out to be untrue.  The fact of the matter is that some things are out of your control, and that circumstances sometimes go against your word.  If you tell what you believe to be the truth, you aren't a fucking liar, whether it turns out you're correct or not.     

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
estranged.1098
« Reply #7079 on: December 12, 2006, 04:01:02 PM »

It's hard to lie about something that hasn't happened yet.  Shit happens, things get fucked up.  We don't know why the album isn't out yet.  It could be any reason.  We may still get it in 2006.  Hell, I don't know. 

The fact of the matter is that Axl could have spoken what he believed to be the truth, and something happened to change it (or NOT!).  If the album was completely finished, pressed, and all copies were in a warehouse waiting to be delivered, and that warehouse burned down, you could argue that Axl had said something that turned out to be untrue.  The fact of the matter is that some things are out of your control, and that circumstances sometimes go against your word.  If you tell what you believe to be the truth, you aren't a fucking liar, whether it turns out you're correct or not.     

The statement was not retracted. As far as people that believe Merck and Axl know, the album is coming out exactly one or two weeks from now.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: