Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:38:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 650923 times)
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #6920 on: December 12, 2006, 01:58:54 PM »

Well, I called 12/12 and I was wrong. I just thought it would be the perfect sneak attack.... again, I was wrong! I honestly still believe that this album will drop this year. I know that it is going to. I have one floating holiday left to use up b4 year's end and I currently have it scheduled for the 26th. What do you ?guys think.... should I change it to the 19th or leave it the 26th. I agree that the 26th doesn't seem like it would be "the Tuesday" but this is Guns we are talking about ! So, move it to the 19th or leave it the 26th?? If you are going to reply back w/ something like when hell freezes over....save it.... there's enough pessimism here and it will drop this year !

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #6921 on: December 12, 2006, 01:59:38 PM »

WHAT DO YOU MEAN A PICTURE WITH A CAMERA? OF WHAT?

Come back when you have seen the album with you own eyes ,enaugh with those threads. Ok, what you are tellin may be true but don?t write these things without evidence.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #6922 on: December 12, 2006, 02:00:06 PM »

I just called my local Best Buy (Store 342 in Wilkes-Barre, PA) - they have nothing listed in their computers for it yet.

You fail. Try coming back with a better rumor next time, mmm'kay?

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
EFISH
« Reply #6923 on: December 12, 2006, 02:00:15 PM »

Ahhh, here we go again.

Can't say it's not a little fun. hihi
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #6924 on: December 12, 2006, 02:00:31 PM »

I don't beleive you.

ditto

gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #6925 on: December 12, 2006, 02:01:11 PM »

Rumour killed in 4 seconds. People here are getting good at disproofing (is this a real word? Smiley ) rumours this days Smiley
mofo91105
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6926 on: December 12, 2006, 02:01:27 PM »

i really like this... now i know this thread is about Chinese Democracy (which i'll get too in a bit), but calling Thin Lizzies and AC/DC later records "magical" made me laugh. Both bands where cover versions of there former self in later years... whereas Guns and Roses are trying to reinvent a new sound. And with AC/DC they replaced ONE member (the lame ass Brian Johnson), where as Axl is replacing what SIX guys... so the comparision is a little wrong. But whatever, I know AC/DC is probably sacred territory around here, but i always thought they sucked, heard one of there songs you've heard them all. Plus Both bands (thin lizzy and AC/DC are not the most cerebral of rock bands... kind of a waste of time). But I like how an argument is always made that Axl liked them so we all have to as well, I love Guns and Roses (thats why I'm here) but i would bet that axl and i have some different tastes... AND THATS OK. axl wants fans, not clones.

but back to Chinese Democracy... happy listening on the 19th. This monster is coming (on the 19th of this December) and you can quote me on that. i should know i'm with the band.

First of all, ACDC replaced a member because he DIED. If you want to stay on your high horse for GNR, continue to do so, but you cannot compare ACDC to GNR. Axl replacing six guys is his own doing, and until the album comes out (which is not coming out this year), and achieves the same success that ACDC did (which happened to be the lead singer, which is the hardest to replace), stop taking shots at ACDC because they made good music. By no means am I saying you have to like it, but you could make the same argument about GNR being a cover of themselves. This is the 3rd era of GNR (which could be actually debated that this is the 5th if you added Bucket and Brain) if memory strikes me because I remember the original lineup of Axl, Slash, Adler, Duff, and Izzy. Last time I checked, Adler left then they got Sorum, then Izzy left and they got Gilby, and picked up Dizzy. The old lore of GNR was 5 unpredictable characters, now we are left with just Axl, and maybe Finck, because his play is unpredictable. They will never be the unpredictable wild band they used to be because its one guy calling the shots, but I guess that is what reinventing something is all about. And ACDC did reinvent their sound because if you actually listened to their post Bon Scott stuff it was definitely different, but that's what good bands do. Look at GNR. There was a huge difference in the sound and production of Appetite and the Illusions, just like Led Zepellin with 1-3 being a little more gritty than Physical Graffiti, which was more produced. I guess my whole argument is that you have wrongly labeled ACDC as a cover of themselves when the same argument could be made for the new GNR. GNR is now more like the New England Patriots for all you Americans (sorry to everyone else), there is a system in place and a few guys that will never leave, but as long as the guys at the top are around, they will always be in contention because of the system. The new GNR is the same way. Axl and Dizzy will always be there, but everyone else is interchangeable, despite what most think about Finck. So as long as the core is there, the current version of GNR will always be able to tour, covering the same songs that many others before them have as well. They have not reinvented themselves until a record is put out (a few new songs live does not work). I know this a GNR board, but some people need to have more of an open mind about music other than GNR. Influences are just what they mean, just like Axl loved Elton John, he never tried to be him, he just used Elton's style as a part of his own. People that would like someone just because Axl did needs to pick up a better taste in music and think for themselves more.

O yeah, I'm new to the board, but not to the GNR situation, so no one come blasting back at me because I don't know about GNR and how they have legal troubles and mixing troubles during their shows and how AXL is still the best thing since sliced bread. I've followed this for many years as well, hearing about all of the potential conspiracy theories and empty promises that have occurred during the speculation of the new album. I know its cost 13 million and they've had everyone and their brother come work on it. let's be real, this is the last shot for anything that GNR wants to do. The money is not what is riding on this album, its the musical content. If the album tanks, AXL will have a hard time not only accepting it, but also being able to do the things he does, because he has been riding the "I can do whatever I want because I haven't released the album yet and as long as I don't people will still pay attention to me" wave for years now, giving us a comment along the way that justifies what he has done, and then everyone just says "OK, it's fine Axl." If it tanks, Axl will be a flash in the pan like so many others, because in today's music business, it is what have you done for me lately, and as hard as it is for some of you to read, record companies will not want to touch this guy after the well documented debacle that has occurred for the last decade. They will be able to keep touring forever, but studio albums will be limited to those that have the patience to deal with him. People are only putting up with this because of all the have invested in it. Once the album comes out, we will all be able to see if it's really the genius of Axl or maybe that we took the original lineup for granted and gave too much credit to Axl.

Have a lovely day ok ok ok
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6927 on: December 12, 2006, 02:01:33 PM »

I HAVE BREAKING NEWS....TAKE IT FOR WHAT YOU WANT.......

So I went into Best Buy today to see if the album was there....obviously it wasnt....so i then asked the manager on duty about Chinese Democracy and when he thinks it would be there.....i was told the following item and i quote "I HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED THAT WE WILL BE RECIEVING CHINESE DEMOCRACY IN STORES NATIONWIDE NEXT WEEK" ?.

i dont know why.......but i believe it..........i think Universal and mainly Axl set this up for a Christmas time release.......sort of a big bang at the end of the year...........

I hope you are right, that would be the best thing ever ?beer

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #6928 on: December 12, 2006, 02:02:17 PM »

im fucking sick of this shit

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
gekkothegreat
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6929 on: December 12, 2006, 02:02:21 PM »

WHY WOULD I LIE?........THAT IS WHAT THE MANAGER ON DUTY SAID TO ME.......THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED NOTIFICATION THAT THE ALBUM WILL BE IN BEST BUYS NATIONWIDE NEXT WEEK........SO I DONT KNOW...IM JUST TELLING YOU WHAT HE TOLD ME.......I REALLY DONT THINK SOME 50 YEAR OLD DUDE CARES ABOUT STARTING RUMORS REGARDING GUNS N' ROSES.......HE WAS BEING ALL BUSINESS AND THATS WHAT HE TOLD ME..........SO TAKE IT FOR WHAT U WANT......IM JUST SAYING THAT IT KINDA FEELS REAL THIS TIME
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #6930 on: December 12, 2006, 02:03:15 PM »

@ MotherGooseLuvR
read the board rules. your wishing-someone-cancer-and-death comment is bloody off.

@ mahimahi23

Why should we torture ourselves not to see the band play?

Not that a mere handful of you who just want to have an album and not a live experience could do anything but poor concert attendances would only hinder the release.

Well, its not that I dont want to see them play live. They played in Greensboro, NC earlier in this tour, and I was planning on going until those plans fell through, so I didnt get to see them. My whole thing with not going now is the fact that they promised an album by years end, and are touring under said albums name and not releasing it as promised from the man himself. To me thats disrespecting the loyal fans, and I refuse to support them after this year is up without an album. Me as a fan I just feel a bit let down, and have supported them as have others for so many years, waiting for this album. I feel this tour is about the money now, and I just cant support that. If its not about the money then get the album out as promised, then all is well.

I hate feeling this way, but thats just what it has come to for me.

Well, so what if the tour was just to make some money? ?People need money. ?I work a job. ?You do. ?I'm sure Axl has a bigger house and nicer cars than either of us. ?He probably needs way more money than we do just to stay afloat.

And after the 2K2 tour, you'd have to expect a lot of people to have given up on GnR. ?They couldn't just say, "Okay, we're going back on tour again, playing mostly old songs with no new album... PLEASE BUY A TICKET!" ?Are you kidding? ?They wouldn't have sold out a single show probably.

So the album's not ready, but Axl needs to make money? ?What would you do in that situation? ?You'd have to give the "impression" that the album was coming out. ?That way people would think things were different this time and get all excited and buy tickets. ?By saying, "Oh it'll be out on one of the next 13 Tuesdays" ?Merck was being very smart. ?That way, everyone stays all excited and supportive through the tour -- which was only planned to last the next 13 Tuesdays anyways. ?

I don't see what the big deal is about making money. ?Everyone has to do it. ?For fuck's sake, how's Axl going to finish the album if he's worried about paying his car payments and shit? ?If we all just buy tickets and support the band, it'll make it a lot easier for Axl to finish the album, which I do believe is VERY CLOSE to being ready.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #6931 on: December 12, 2006, 02:03:22 PM »

WHY WOULD I LIE?........THAT IS WHAT THE MANAGER ON DUTY SAID TO ME.......THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED NOTIFICATION THAT THE ALBUM WILL BE IN BEST BUYS NATIONWIDE NEXT WEEK........SO I DONT KNOW...IM JUST TELLING YOU WHAT HE TOLD ME.......I REALLY DONT THINK SOME 50 YEAR OLD DUDE CARES ABOUT STARTING RUMORS REGARDING GUNS N' ROSES.......HE WAS BEING ALL BUSINESS AND THATS WHAT HE TOLD ME..........SO TAKE IT FOR WHAT U WANT......IM JUST SAYING THAT IT KINDA FEELS REAL THIS TIME

Tell me what city this Best Buy is in, and I'll call it myself and ask to speak to the manager on duty. If this conversation really happened, you should have no problem giving me that information.  ok

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
gekkothegreat
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6932 on: December 12, 2006, 02:04:04 PM »

I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK......I HAVE NO REASON TO LIE.....IM JUST TELLING U WHAT I WAS TOLD YOU MORON...............IF U CHOOSE TO NOT BELIEVE IT ....THEN SO BE IT..........BUT I MUST SAY THAT IF IT DOES COME OUT NEXT WEEK......IM GONNA FEDEX YOU A BIG MEXICAN CHORIZO THAT YOU CAN SHOVE DOWN YOUR THROAT......HAHAHAHA
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #6933 on: December 12, 2006, 02:04:05 PM »

All this is funny... first of all this album will be out in 2006. Trust me on this.

All this hate about people becoming VERY vocal if the album isn't out in 2006 are lame... i'll become more vocal the other way, balance out this hate garbage. as others have said, if you want to hate GO AWAY this is a fan board it should be positive discussions. this album will be out in a week and all you lamo's are bitching about axl... you are the same people that plan on downloading for free when it comes out.

also to all the haters... all saying there is no promotion yet so there must be no album... its 2006 not 1986. Albums can come out digitally in a matter of seconds and with the internet and promotion can be a matter of days, really its not that hard. believe it or not while you clowns are listening to your old shit Boston records, most of the world is on computers daily. wake up the music industry isn't what it was like six months ago, let alone when the last Guns album came out. live in the present, look to the future or be swallowed in the past.

peace out

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
EFISH
« Reply #6934 on: December 12, 2006, 02:04:23 PM »

^Dude, its not that people are neccesarily saying you lied. We're saying that there are millions of record stores out there, and everyone that works there is giving us bogus dates, and false info. He may have been mislead.

That's just why people are shooting it down. Unless we see something other than hear it, and not from an official source, then it's hard to simply beleive it.
gekkothegreat
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6935 on: December 12, 2006, 02:04:36 PM »

SCHAUMBURG IL
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #6936 on: December 12, 2006, 02:04:49 PM »

Well, as I said, this could be true, I think next week could be the day but there is no idea to start a thread like this, no one believes it.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #6937 on: December 12, 2006, 02:05:03 PM »

I think he just wants you to come back to Best Buy next week. Maybe you'll get some last minute holiday shopping done in between your disappointment. Here's to Chinese Democracy in '07.
gekkothegreat
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6938 on: December 12, 2006, 02:05:27 PM »

I UNDERSTAND BUT THIS IS BEST BUY......LIKE WHO CARES ABOUT BEST BUY IN TERMS OF MUSIC......THE GUY WOULDNT JUST SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT.........IT HAD TO BE A CORPORATE MEMO
EFISH
« Reply #6939 on: December 12, 2006, 02:06:25 PM »

I UNDERSTAND BUT THIS IS BEST BUY......LIKE WHO CARES ABOUT BEST BUY IN TERMS OF MUSIC......THE GUY WOULDNT JUST SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT.........IT HAD TO BE A CORPORATE MEMO

Yeah but the same thing has been happening since...forever dude. You have to understand that we've gone through this 10000 times.
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: