Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:19:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 651211 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6860 on: December 12, 2006, 12:03:58 PM »

I wouldn't call it a normal release. Seeing as how people don't believe it until it's on their players, I think the release of the album in what way is a surprise release.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #6861 on: December 12, 2006, 12:14:41 PM »

Shame, it really did look like things were going to happen, saying that though lots is happening at the moment, the band is touring, they are planning to tour for at least another 7 months so its all good! Im prepared to wait a little longer, its all well and good Axl saying its coming out late fall but there are certain things that are out of his hands, he cant just put CD out there, other people are involved..... a compromise has to be reached!

Jonx
fuck other people being involved this is about axl , the band and the fans- no one else should matter i.e record companies ex-members whatever

Haha if only it were that simple, do you have any idea the logistics involved in getting an album out, especially an album that has cost in excess of $13 million, Universal are not just going to let it appear in the stores with no promotion, that is not the way to get $13 million of their money back in the shortest possible time, they will push this album, they will promote the shit out of it, shove it down peoples throat, making sure that everyone knows CD is coming out! Not to mention the fact that hundreds of people have probably worked on this album, all of whom need to be credited on the release to avoid yet more lawsuits.

I believed it was going to come out this year, i really did, especially after Axl said it himself back on the Trunk interview, but things change, its out of Axl's hands now, they were obviously pushing towards a date around this time of year but something changed, what that was who knows, but they wanted it out, thats why they postponed the tour for a week so Axl could go back in the studio and finish the thing, thats why the Better ad was cued up and ready to go, thats why Del James's collum appeared on the website!

It will happen soon, this is probably just a temporary hickup!

Jonx
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #6862 on: December 12, 2006, 12:15:45 PM »

Anyone think Axl wants to release CD along with VR's new album. That would be INSANE promotion for both groups, and a bit of a competition as well.

I dont know, im trying to find ANY excuse as to why this album is not coming out this month Sad
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6863 on: December 12, 2006, 12:16:56 PM »

pilferk, many remember reading the post. Besides, Merck said "between now(then) and Christmas" according to the RS wrong date thread

Not for nothing but...many people remember many things that may, or may not, have actually occurred in relation to GnR.  Many people remember, semantically, things being said that weren't, precisely, said the way they remember.  Memory is a tricky thing, even when en masse.

Given I don't remember it, and can't find Mysteron's post with a quick review of his historical posts...and I remember Merck's statement differently...I'd like to see actual proof.  Without it.....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 12:28:41 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #6864 on: December 12, 2006, 12:17:15 PM »

Nope, don't think that makes sense

Anyone think Axl wants to release CD along with VR's new album. That would be INSANE promotion for both groups, and a bit of a competition as well.

I dont know, im trying to find ANY excuse as to why this album is not coming out this month Sad
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 12:18:47 PM by Strange Coincidence » Logged
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #6865 on: December 12, 2006, 12:26:09 PM »

welp, we have exactly 1 week and 1 week only for our hopes on a 2006 release.   no

it aint gonna happen
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6866 on: December 12, 2006, 12:27:24 PM »

Do you still don't see my point? It's right there in my first reply. Whatever Merck said does not really matter. He definitely said early and I explain why that can only mean one thing. Everything points to this release being a normal release, and when the manager of the band says it will be out earlier in Europe, he obviously alludes to the fact that albums are normally released a day earlier in Europe. He's not playing games, he's not giving hints and there is no special secret master plan. It's just an album, and that's why the 25/26th will not happen.

That is my point.

All in YOUR OPINION.  You're assuming both his motivations and his mind set.  He has made cryptic, coy comments in the past ("There are (whatever number of) Tuesday's left").  He answered the question asked, and gave no more information...also something that he historically has done.  Your ASSUMPTION isn't any more firmly based than the one in which Merck IS being coy. You haven't explained, without doubt, WHY Merck MUST mean what you assert he does. And there are valid reasons why he might have been coy (doing otherwise would, if the release was on the 26th, give it away). You've only given reasons why it might be true.  You're right.  It might.  It also might not.   Do you now see MY point.

Just because you think it doesn't make it fact. 

And I have not even mentioned the absurd logistic impossibillites in getting an album out in 2 weeks, not to mention the obvious stupidity in releasing anything at such a time of the year.

It's not a 100%, but then again nothing ever is except death, but it's at least 99%. In GN'R land that equals 100%. Hell, even 30% equals 100% when it comes to GN'R not doing something.

All valid poinjts, but not the one we were discussing.  I was addressing, specifically, the fact that Merck's comments don't preclude a release on the 26th.

Logistically, it would certainly be a nightmare...but not feasibly impossible at this point.   I'm not sure it's "obviously stupid" to have an album in stores on a day when everyone under the sun is doing returns and using gift cards, either.

Look, I'm certainly not saying the 26th is, in any way, "the day".  I agree, like just about every other Tuesday as we approach, each passing day makes it a less likely candidate.  But, as of right now, it can't be ruled out.  By this coming Tuesday/Wednesday, if we haven't heard anything....it will pretty much rule itself out.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 12:29:47 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6867 on: December 12, 2006, 12:33:19 PM »

I've got a solution to the whole CD release date mess: everyone here hold their heads under water and hold their breath until the CD is released. That way, it will force Axl to release it or he won't have any fans left alive to buy it. Think about it.
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #6868 on: December 12, 2006, 12:36:03 PM »

I've got a solution to the whole CD release date mess: everyone here hold their heads under water and hold their breath until the CD is released. That way, it will force Axl to release it or he won't have any fans left alive to buy it. Think about it.

IT MIGHT JUST WORK!!

Don't Damn Me!!
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #6869 on: December 12, 2006, 12:36:40 PM »

I haven't gone down to the record store yet today... IS IT OUT?!!?!?!

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
stinkfist
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6870 on: December 12, 2006, 12:37:01 PM »

BBC removed it from the coming soon and the site was updated for the releases of the 18th.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6871 on: December 12, 2006, 12:39:43 PM »

I wonder why they put it up there in the first place? confused

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #6872 on: December 12, 2006, 12:40:49 PM »

I haven't gone down to the record store yet today... IS IT OUT?!!?!?!

lol did u really have to ask that question??  no

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6873 on: December 12, 2006, 12:41:46 PM »

pilferk, many remember reading the post. Besides, Merck said "between now(then) and Christmas" according to the RS wrong date thread

Not for nothing but...many people remember many things that may, or may not, have actually occurred in relation to GnR.  Many people remember, semantically, things being said that weren't, precisely, said the way the remember.  Memory is a tricky thing, even when en masse.

Given I don't remember it, and can't find Mysteron's post with a quick review of his historical posts...and I remember Merck's statement differently...I'd like to see actual proof.  Without it.....
Not me, not en masse.
Seemingly the former post was in a deleted thread.

the latter is there

"There are 11 Tuesdays between now and Christmas."
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=37360.msg740271#msg740271
Kids and students tend to have better memory. hihi

Again I'm not saying things can't have changed.
gnfnr2006
« Reply #6874 on: December 12, 2006, 12:44:48 PM »

Here what Merck said in regards to the album coming out in Europe first:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=84690&hl=
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6875 on: December 12, 2006, 12:46:56 PM »

Here what Merck said in regards to the album coming out in Europe first:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=84690&hl=

THANK YOU!!

That pretty much means that, yes, the 26th is "out".

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6876 on: December 12, 2006, 12:48:06 PM »

"There are 11 Tuesdays between now and Christmas."
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=37360.msg740271#msg740271
Kids and students tend to have better memory. hihi

Again I'm not saying things can't have changed.

I remembered that one...but didn't remember (actually, I'm not sure I ever directly read this one) the comment from Merck contained in the above email.

Having now read it directly...yes, I agree...the 26th should be ruled out.

Together again,
gnfnr2006
« Reply #6877 on: December 12, 2006, 12:50:52 PM »

But then again thats exactly what I would expect Merck to say: the obvious truth about how new releases work and also nothing of any real substance. I take it with a grain of salt.? But a release the day after Christmas would not make any sense at all- to me
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 12:52:53 PM by gnfnr2006 » Logged
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6878 on: December 12, 2006, 12:58:32 PM »

so  that settles that 1 week or bust for 2006.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6879 on: December 12, 2006, 01:00:24 PM »

But then again thats exactly what I would expect Merck to say: the obvious truth about how new releases work and also nothing of any real substance. I take it with a grain of salt.  But a release the day after Christmas would not make any sense at all- to me

Well, we're operating (if we continue to speculate the album will be out this year) that what Merck has said is going to happen.  If you throw out one comment...I guess you can throw out all of them.

Really, from what we've seen over the past couple of pages, for Merck to be right....the release would have to be the 19th.

By all reports, it won't be.

Maybe the Universal shows will lead to some more info.  I'm doubtful, but...if we hear nothing at those shows there are going to be some very ticked off fans on these boards.  The backlash will not be pretty....

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: