Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:20:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 651214 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6840 on: December 12, 2006, 11:05:40 AM »

No it doesn't. The album will be released on a monday in Europe, if you believe Merck. But then again, he's the source for us thinking it will come out on one of the remaining tuesdays of the year, so you should.

18/19th is the last possible (not really Tongue) choice left.

Can someone point me to the EXACT question and answer from Merck on that subject.

From my memory, the question was "Will Europe get CD before the US".

And Merck's answer was "Yes".

Which, due to time differences, would STILL be true if the album was released on Boxing day.

Nope. Not time differences.

If my memory serves me right mysteron informed us that the album would come out in Europe the day before in the US.

On the Christmas day, stores won't open in europe.

If you could point out where Mysteron said that, I'd really like to see it.   Or where Merck specifically said "the day before it's released in the US".   I don't remember him ever saying anything that specific.

All I recall is Merck saying "Yes" when asked something like "Will it be out in Europe before the US", which, if it were released on the 26th would still technically be true...because of the time differences.

I'm not saying the 26th is "the day"...only that I've not seen anything that rules it out.

Maybe deleted but Mysteron said that and I think you also read it. I'm not saying the things can't change or the 26th can never be "the day"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6841 on: December 12, 2006, 11:08:02 AM »

Maybe deleted but Mysteron said that and I think you also read it. I'm not saying the things can't change or the 26th can never be "the day"

No, I haven't read it..that's the point. 

All I've read is Merck's vague response to a vague question that doesn't actually preclude the 26th.  If there's more than that, please, by all means, point me to it.  I'm not being sarcastic....I really would like to read it because, apparently, I missed it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6842 on: December 12, 2006, 11:09:05 AM »

Read my reply on page 344, there's your answer.

And read my response to it....

The 19th is not the 26th.

Together again,
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6843 on: December 12, 2006, 11:13:07 AM »

I didn't say anything about the 19th, not in that post. That was another one. Merck said it would come out a day before in Europe/ or early like you think (since none of us seem to remember it accuratly) and I gave an explanation to why his reply only meant one thing, that it was coming out on a monday. I don't even think the reply was to you, but it is on that page.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #6844 on: December 12, 2006, 11:25:21 AM »

My confidence is starting to rise on a December 19th release...they play Universal CityWalk on the 17th to make the announcement....publicity galore follows.  Plus it still falls in line with Axls statement in May about Late fall and the 13 Tuesdays....Axl mentions before "Better" last night that he should start saying it's from their forthcoming album...I think it is all starting to look good...either that or I'm starting to lose my mind...either way we will know for sure in a week.  ok

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #6845 on: December 12, 2006, 11:27:46 AM »

I think you people are failing to notice that there are only 9 tour dates left.
you dont promote the album when the tour is over!!!
You release the album, then promote it.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #6846 on: December 12, 2006, 11:28:24 AM »

I didn't say anything about the 19th, not in that post. That was another one. Merck said it would come out a day before in Europe/ or early like you think (since none of us seem to remember it accuratly) and I gave an explanation to why his reply only meant one thing, that it was coming out on a monday. I don't even think the reply was to you, but it is on that page.

i think we all agree on this more than it seems.  you say take his statement at face value, i agree.  i just don't think "early" or "the day before" means the 25th/26th should be 100% ruled out, thats all.  not saying it shouldn't be 65% ruled out though. Wink
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #6847 on: December 12, 2006, 11:30:45 AM »

I still have some hope left for a 2006 release, but it looks rather slim doesn't it? Anyway the thing I most fear is that there will be an annoucment ?later this year/early next year that says absolutely nothing... something along the lines of "it will be out soon" or "early spring". A solid release date even if it would be 01/01/2008 would be a lot better than this neverending waiting of something that might not even happen.

This   is   Democracy!!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6848 on: December 12, 2006, 11:31:35 AM »

Well there is one "Guns n Roses" cd to be released...

GUNS N' ROSES Tribute 'Chinese Hypocrisy' To Arrive This Week

You can't make this stuff up Grin

I'm still waiting for the one that really counts. ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #6849 on: December 12, 2006, 11:34:07 AM »

maybe mr rose should take a leaf out of a real rockstars book.

Thin lizzy over the years or even ac/dc had umpteenth  changes within their ranks & still continually produced magic albums.

If guns were so into their music they would file for bankruptcy & release the holy grail rofl :rofl:on an independent label.

AXL.... A ROCKSTAR IS THE LIKES OF MR LYNOTT OR MR SCOTT

Dude what the hell?
Didn't Thin Lizzy sing "the boys are back in town"?
God They suck.
I hope that post was a joke Undecided

While I completely disagree with the original post (Axl is a true rockstar), the idea that Thin Lizzy sucks is ignorant. 

#1: They were  a huge influence on Axl
#2: You owe it to yourself to hear something OTHER than "The Boys are Back in Town"

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #6850 on: December 12, 2006, 11:34:53 AM »

Here are your last 2 responses...one on 343, one on 344:

When Merck say the album will be released a day before in Europe it's not because it's part of some master plan, to release it on iTunes prematurely, technicalities of time differences or whatever the fuck. He does nor have the time or interest to elude such things to us. That statement only means one thing, the album will be releases a day before in Europe because that's how albums normally are released in Europe. That's it, there's nothing else to it.

and

No it doesn't. The album will be released on a monday in Europe, if you believe Merck. But then again, he's the source for us thinking it will come out on one of the remaining tuesdays of the year, so you should.

In the first, I don't recall...and can't find...Merck being that specific.  You can "assume" his motivations however you'd like, but he's been coy before, so....you're making assumptions no better based than anyone else's.

In the 2nd, see comment above, and you mention the 18th/19th.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 11:36:34 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #6851 on: December 12, 2006, 11:36:08 AM »

Chinese Democracy was removed from the BBC's website.

no

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6852 on: December 12, 2006, 11:36:45 AM »

maybe mr rose should take a leaf out of a real rockstars book.

Thin lizzy over the years or even ac/dc had umpteenth? changes within their ranks & still continually produced magic albums.

If guns were so into their music they would file for bankruptcy & release the holy grail rofl :rofl:on an independent label.

AXL.... A ROCKSTAR IS THE LIKES OF MR LYNOTT OR MR SCOTT

Dude what the hell?
Didn't Thin Lizzy sing "the boys are back in town"?
God They suck.
I hope that post was a joke Undecided

While I completely disagree with the original post (Axl is a true rockstar), the idea that Thin Lizzy sucks is ignorant.?

#1: They were? a huge influence on Axl
#2: You owe it to yourself to hear something OTHER than "The Boys are Back in Town"
Thanks freedom i just think he needs to earn the rockstar title back thats all
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #6853 on: December 12, 2006, 11:39:12 AM »

Shame, it really did look like things were going to happen, saying that though lots is happening at the moment, the band is touring, they are planning to tour for at least another 7 months so its all good! Im prepared to wait a little longer, its all well and good Axl saying its coming out late fall but there are certain things that are out of his hands, he cant just put CD out there, other people are involved..... a compromise has to be reached!

Jonx
benchiefjr
« Reply #6854 on: December 12, 2006, 11:41:03 AM »

Chinese Democracy was removed from the BBC's website.

no
FUCK!

this is so disappointing and pissing me off.  rant
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6855 on: December 12, 2006, 11:43:59 AM »

They removed it but have not updated the page...it still says the 4th?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6856 on: December 12, 2006, 11:45:24 AM »

Shame, it really did look like things were going to happen, saying that though lots is happening at the moment, the band is touring, they are planning to tour for at least another 7 months so its all good! Im prepared to wait a little longer, its all well and good Axl saying its coming out late fall but there are certain things that are out of his hands, he cant just put CD out there, other people are involved..... a compromise has to be reached!

Jonx
fuck other people being involved this is about axl , the band and the fans- no one else should matter i.e record companies ex-members whatever
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #6857 on: December 12, 2006, 11:46:36 AM »

They removed it but have not updated the page...it still says the 4th?

some other poster emailed the bbc and had a reply giving apologies but it is not being released on that date (although there was no specific date given). ?the post is a few pages back

Don't Damn Me!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6858 on: December 12, 2006, 11:49:09 AM »

pilferk, many remember reading the post. Besides, Merck said "between now(then) and Christmas" according to the RS wrong date thread
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6859 on: December 12, 2006, 11:54:45 AM »

Here are your last 2 responses...one on 343, one on 344:

When Merck say the album will be released a day before in Europe it's not because it's part of some master plan, to release it on iTunes prematurely, technicalities of time differences or whatever the fuck. He does nor have the time or interest to elude such things to us. That statement only means one thing, the album will be releases a day before in Europe because that's how albums normally are released in Europe. That's it, there's nothing else to it.

and

In the first, I don't recall...and can't find...Merck being that specific.? You can "assume" his motivations however you'd like, but he's been coy before, so....you're making assumptions no better based than anyone else's.

In the 2nd, see comment above, and you mention the 18th/19th.

Do you still don't see my point? It's right there in my first reply. Whatever Merck said does not really matter. He definitely said early and I explain why that can only mean one thing. Everything points to this release being a normal release, and when the manager of the band says it will be out earlier in Europe, he obviously alludes to the fact that albums are normally released a day earlier in Europe. He's not playing games, he's not giving hints and there is no special secret master plan. It's just an album, and that's why the 25/26th will not happen.

That is my point.

And I have not even mentioned the absurd logistic impossibillites in getting an album out in 2 weeks, not to mention the obvious stupidity in releasing anything at such a time of the year.

It's not a 100%, but then again nothing ever is except death, but it's at least 99%. In GN'R land that equals 100%. Hell, even 30% equals 100% when it comes to GN'R not doing something.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 12:00:46 PM by polluxlm » Logged

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: