Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 12:22:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 651383 times)
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6820 on: December 12, 2006, 10:30:04 AM »

God damn right it's a stretch, to the breaking point in fact. How many times does it have to be said? Merck, Axl and whomever else connected to GN'R does not care about playing games with us or giving us subtle hints. Why? Because they don't give a fuck about us. Well ok, they give a fuck, but that fuck does not go beyond a quick in and out and a ?"I'll call you tomorrow". (...)

more like, "I'll call you later." tomorrow would be too definite. ?hihi

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6821 on: December 12, 2006, 10:31:44 AM »

that's it for guns n roses for me for now, they can fuck off untill they put out the album, I don't give ashit if they tour untill 2010 and play for 6 hours a night, without a new album they are just a cover band/nostalgia act.
we all ...the whole world knows they are a cover band so don't worry about it ..because mr rose certainly doesn't .
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6822 on: December 12, 2006, 10:33:10 AM »

well, all optimism i ever had has died.

i just think its a fucking shame. personally i feel for the band members - they must be eager more than anyone to get THEIR material heard. i understand that gnr dont owe us anything, and its our choice if we follow them; but where's the respect on the managments behalf? they bitch and moan about internet message boards spreading rumours and speculating, but what do they expect commited and loyal fans to do when all they do is keep us in the dark? being promised an album by musicians that we love and admire (well, some of us do), then leaving it to us to figure out that its not actually coming out this year is low.

im not saying i know it all, no one really knows what happens behind doors. but when you're kept in the dark all the time what else is there to do but to assume the worst? shame, a real shame.
i agree with this post 100%.  well written.

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6823 on: December 12, 2006, 10:36:03 AM »

i wonder when people on here will start giving up im still good for another 2 or 3 years... Cry
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #6824 on: December 12, 2006, 10:38:44 AM »

It still baffles me that they even bothered mentioning an 06' release multiple times this year if they weren't 100% sure that it was going to happen. (considering that this has occured a few times in the past) ?However, I still hold on to that very thin hope that it is going to come out...despite the voice in the back of my head saying it won't...and it gets louder everyday!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
makane
Legend

« Reply #6825 on: December 12, 2006, 10:40:25 AM »

Now that it isn't coming out that 13 Tuesdays BS is really cruel
Guns N' Roses, besides a band, are a business operation.
Therefore, I still think the whole "13 Tuesdays" thing was a plan to keep ticket sales running.

Imagine what would've happened at the time if Merck would've said "Yeah, it's not coming out this year, 2007 is the year of Guns N' Roses!", Axl would've had trouble to perform at a karaoke night.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
sorum_is_a_stiff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6826 on: December 12, 2006, 10:41:21 AM »

did anyone catch this from last night's show?:

"After Better, [Axl] mentions that he's learned that he's supposed to say things like "that's a song from our forthcoming album...".

This was posted on HTGTH setlist update for last night.

That's is a really cool comment from him. ?I think it really is the first time he has mentioned the album the entire tour.
Sounds like it was motivated directly by these types of strings...

I think a big date to watch is that January 17th show in LA ?(my God it is only 5 days away) it is a Sunday, obviously the best chance of it coming out this year is the 19th; 18th in Europe. ?If it is gonna happen, I think something big will go down on the 17th...As a matter of fact, even if it is not coming this year, ?I think we will hear news on the 17th.

Thoughts?
RoCoKiN
VIP

« Reply #6827 on: December 12, 2006, 10:44:20 AM »

I think a big date to watch is that January 17th show in LA  (my God it is only 5 days away) it is a Sunday,

I hope you mean December 17th or else I've missed something! nervous

nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #6828 on: December 12, 2006, 10:44:27 AM »

"After Better, [Axl] mentions that he's learned that he's supposed to say things like "that's a song from our forthcoming album...".

That's is a really cool comment from him. ?I think it really is the first time he has mentioned the album the entire tour.

I think a big date to watch is that January 17th show in LA ?(my God it is only 5 days away) it is a Sunday, obviously the best chance of it coming out this year is the 19th; 18th in Europe. ?If it is gonna happen, I think something big will go down on the 17th...As a matter of fact, even if it is not coming this year, ?I think we will hear news on the 17th.

Thoughts?

good point and a little possible. ?but i think december 17th and not january. ?i hope that any one of the theorys on this board are correct and we get it on the 18th/19th

Don't Damn Me!!
sorum_is_a_stiff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6829 on: December 12, 2006, 10:46:48 AM »

I think a big date to watch is that January 17th show in LA? (my God it is only 5 days away) it is a Sunday,

I hope you mean December 17th or else I've missed something! nervous

Yes December 17th, sorry.
RoCoKiN
VIP

« Reply #6830 on: December 12, 2006, 10:47:07 AM »

Well, in 7 days my dreams of having CD in my hands will be officially crushed....here's hoping the Universal CityWalk shows are meant for a reason! ?ok ( ...hope floats...)

dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6831 on: December 12, 2006, 10:48:26 AM »

maybe mr rose should take a leaf out of a real rockstars book.

Thin lizzy over the years or even ac/dc had umpteenth ?changes within their ranks & still continually produced magic albums.

If guns were so into their music they would file for bankruptcy & release the holy grail rofl :rofl:on an independent label.

AXL.... A ROCKSTAR IS THE LIKES OF MR LYNOTT OR MR SCOTT
sorum_is_a_stiff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6832 on: December 12, 2006, 10:48:31 AM »

Well, in 7 days my dreams of having CD in my hands will be officially crushed....here's hoping the Universal CityWalk shows are meant for a reason! ?ok ( ...hope floats...)

Tis the only hope left.
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6833 on: December 12, 2006, 10:49:33 AM »

no more guessing about good dates to release it on lets just wait for an official statement. i think the next statement from axl or merck will clear things up once and for all just god knows when that will be
sorum_is_a_stiff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6834 on: December 12, 2006, 10:54:10 AM »

maybe mr rose should take a leaf out of a real rockstars book.

Thin lizzy over the years or even ac/dc had umpteenth ?changes within their ranks & still continually produced magic albums.

If guns were so into their music they would file for bankruptcy & release the holy grail rofl :rofl:on an independent label.

AXL.... A ROCKSTAR IS THE LIKES OF MR LYNOTT OR MR SCOTT

Dude what the hell?
Didn't Thin Lizzy sing "the boys are back in town"?
God They suck.
I hope that post was a joke Undecided
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6835 on: December 12, 2006, 10:54:42 AM »

No it doesn't. The album will be released on a monday in Europe, if you believe Merck. But then again, he's the source for us thinking it will come out on one of the remaining tuesdays of the year, so you should.

18/19th is the last possible (not really Tongue) choice left.

Can someone point me to the EXACT question and answer from Merck on that subject.

From my memory, the question was "Will Europe get CD before the US".

And Merck's answer was "Yes".

Which, due to time differences, would STILL be true if the album was released on Boxing day.

in ireland and uk new releases are already on the shelves over the weekend. that means that the official release is on monday but the new albums are on the shelves form friday night- saturday morning.
 forget it folks the album is not coming out on the 19th.  its just crazy to think otherwise.

All valid points...except Boxing day (the day I was talking about) is on the 26th, not the 19th.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6836 on: December 12, 2006, 10:57:54 AM »

Thoughts?

Yes.

He did not say I'm supposed to..., he said I know I'm not supposed to talk about this, but this is from our "forthcoming album". That's at least what the person who heard it said.

I can see a slight difference in those two sentences.

And when it comes to hearing news on the 17th. There's nothing, I repeat, nothing that indicates news will occur on that day. No statements, no quotes, no circumstanstial evidence and no other plausible reasons. Except your hope and need for it to happen that is, and that stems more from the lust created by the chemical reactions in your brain than it does logic.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6837 on: December 12, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »

No it doesn't. The album will be released on a monday in Europe, if you believe Merck. But then again, he's the source for us thinking it will come out on one of the remaining tuesdays of the year, so you should.

Can someone point me to the EXACT question and answer from Merck on that subject.

Which, due to time differences, would STILL be true if the album was released on Boxing day.

Nope. Not time differences.

If my memory serves me right mysteron informed us that the album would come out in Europe the day before in the US.

On the Christmas day, stores won't open in europe.

If you could point out where Mysteron said that, I'd really like to see it.   Or where Merck specifically said "the day before it's released in the US".   I don't remember him ever saying anything that specific.

All I recall is Merck saying "Yes" when asked something like "Will it be out in Europe before the US", which, if it were released on the 26th would still technically be true...because of the time differences.

I'm not saying the 26th is "the day"...only that I've not seen anything that rules it out.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6838 on: December 12, 2006, 11:01:43 AM »

I'm not saying the 26th is "the day"...only that I've not seen anything that rules it out.

You mean other than the fact it would be a commercial disaster?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6839 on: December 12, 2006, 11:02:04 AM »

Nope. Not time differences.

If my memory serves me right mysteron informed us that the album would come out in Europe the day before in the US.

On the Christmas day, stores won't open in europe.

If you could point out where Mysteron said that, I'd really like to see it.? ?Or where Merck specifically said "the day before it's released in the US".? ?I don't remember him ever saying anything that specific.

All I recall is Merck saying "Yes" when asked something like "Will it be out in Europe before the US", which, if it were released on the 26th would still technically be true...because of the time differences.

Read my reply on page 344, there's your answer.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: