Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 12:29:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 651402 times)
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #6800 on: December 12, 2006, 08:58:39 AM »

If GNR really wanted to just drop the cd without notice it would be better to go away from the standard release day of Monday in Europe and Tuesday in the states and release it on another day of the week.? That would be a great way to get it out with little or no expectation.? Anyone wanna go with Friday, December 22nd?? Grin? ?

i'd go with that.  just so long as we get it i don't honestly care what day it comes out as long as it's this year.

Don't Damn Me!!
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #6801 on: December 12, 2006, 09:04:29 AM »

I think the biggest suprise we could get is if the CD actually comes out at all at this point!
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #6802 on: December 12, 2006, 09:09:01 AM »

there's still no single...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6803 on: December 12, 2006, 09:15:05 AM »

No it doesn't. The album will be released on a monday in Europe, if you believe Merck. But then again, he's the source for us thinking it will come out on one of the remaining tuesdays of the year, so you should.

18/19th is the last possible (not really Tongue) choice left.

Can someone point me to the EXACT question and answer from Merck on that subject.

From my memory, the question was "Will Europe get CD before the US".

And Merck's answer was "Yes".

Which, due to time differences, would STILL be true if the album was released on Boxing day.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #6804 on: December 12, 2006, 09:18:55 AM »

The Tuesdays thing is still on the site, no-one has said any differently lately so we are still inclined to believe it. It is of course absolutely unreasonable that it will come out in 06 but no-one has said anything otherwise...

When CD does come out it'll be a shame cause I don't think i'll be as excited for it (along with many others) as I would of been when it was originally planned to come out (all those times).

sorry but have to disagree with the not being as excited bit. ?no matter how long or hopefully short a time we now have to wait i will still be as excited as when it was first rumoured to come out. ?to have it in me hands and spinning in me cd player is something i am gonna enjoy. ?no amount of disappointments will stop me being as excited as i'm gonna be. ?my local record store is gonna have my arseprint in their window when it's released. ?i have always promised to do that when it is released and i am still planning on doint it.

<<<<<<<<<<<<< very mature 33 year old ?beer rofl peace headbanger

Don't Damn Me!!
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #6805 on: December 12, 2006, 09:19:38 AM »

Which, due to time differences, would STILL be true if the album was released on Boxing day.
Only thing is that not all stores in europe are opened. I know in Holland lots of stores are closed. But could be that Merck overlooked this ?Undecided

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #6806 on: December 12, 2006, 09:23:06 AM »

Only thing is that not all stores in europe are opened. I know in Holland lots of stores are closed. But could be that Merck overlooked this ?Undecided

most stores in the uk are open for boxing day sales.  i said i had a feeling for the 26th and i could yet be proved right.  like i said everyone wud get it on the same day, just a few hours earlier or later.

Don't Damn Me!!
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #6807 on: December 12, 2006, 09:34:12 AM »

most stores in the uk are open for boxing day sales.? i said i had a feeling for the 26th and i could yet be proved right.? like i said everyone wud get it on the same day, just a few hours earlier or later.
Yep, and al people are celebrating x-mas the day before, so nobody cares about leaking the CD  Grin
Well, we shall see...it's only those 2 tuesdays left. Normally time goes really fasty during the end of the year, so we should have it in our hands before we know it, hehe.

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #6808 on: December 12, 2006, 09:35:12 AM »

wow another tuesday and still nothing happened... I think we all deserve some kind of medals for having so much patience Roll Eyes I think we are the craziest guys in the world lol... ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #6809 on: December 12, 2006, 09:36:59 AM »

i've said this before... it could be "released" a day earlier even if the stores are closed, and i wouldnt put it past merck to think that way!  he is tricksy.  plus i think it would be all kinds of awesome and very epic to release it on the very last tuesday amid all this doubt.  i suppose this is an unlikely scenario, but i'm one of those who goes by what the band says until they say differently.  cue polluxlm telling me its a stretch again Tongue Grin

oh yeah plus it would be available on itunes christmas day in europe even though stores are closed.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 09:40:08 AM by creepingvines » Logged
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6810 on: December 12, 2006, 09:40:15 AM »

The Tuesdays thing is still on the site, no-one has said any differently lately so we are still inclined to believe it. It is of course absolutely unreasonable that it will come out in 06 but no-one has said anything otherwise...

When CD does come out it'll be a shame cause I don't think i'll be as excited for it (along with many others) as I would of been when it was originally planned to come out (all those times).

Yeah right

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6811 on: December 12, 2006, 09:56:28 AM »

No it doesn't. The album will be released on a monday in Europe, if you believe Merck. But then again, he's the source for us thinking it will come out on one of the remaining tuesdays of the year, so you should.

Can someone point me to the EXACT question and answer from Merck on that subject.

in ireland and uk new releases are already on the shelves over the weekend. that means that the official release is on monday but the new albums are on the shelves form friday night- saturday morning.
 forget it folks the album is not coming out on the 19th. ?its just crazy to think otherwise.

im starting to believe that this album is the biggest f**king joke in the history of the music. i only blame gnr and the mgmt for getting our hopes high and not delivering. if they werent sure about this years release why in the hell they kept sayin it over and over and over...that is coming out in 2006. every bloody time they go on tour they do this shit start telling lies about the cd coming out. the last time around they werent ready... now they say they are so deliver the bloody thing and move on from scaming old gnr.

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #6812 on: December 12, 2006, 10:03:01 AM »

the bbc website has been updated a little.? but only to take chinese democracy off the coming soon list.? fuckers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/newreleases.shtml

of course i can't see anyone being too surprised.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 10:08:30 AM by nightrain_jh » Logged

Don't Damn Me!!
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #6813 on: December 12, 2006, 10:10:07 AM »

Yeah, I emailed BBC about the release date.  Got a response today...

Hello

Thanks for your message.

Apologies, on double checking this we have seen that it is not in fact
coming out on the listed date.

Regards
Radio 1 Webteam

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #6814 on: December 12, 2006, 10:12:25 AM »

Yeah, I emailed BBC about the release date.? Got a response today...

Hello

Thanks for your message.

Apologies, on double checking this we have seen that it is not in fact
coming out on the listed date.

Regards
Radio 1 Webteam

well, it was nice while it lasted as the bbc seem to be pretty good on these things.  wouldn't mind b ut they didn't have a date listed for it anyway.  just coming soon.  maybe its not even coming soon now. 

aaaahhhh what to do what to do.

Don't Damn Me!!
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6815 on: December 12, 2006, 10:23:16 AM »

Damn,  rant

I'm speechless, maybe I'm not owed anything, but I sure feel let down and disappointed.

Time for me to reconnect to the real world.

Its been fun  Cry

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6816 on: December 12, 2006, 10:23:52 AM »

i've said this before... it could be "released" a day earlier even if the stores are closed, and i wouldnt put it past merck to think that way!? he is tricksy.? plus i think it would be all kinds of awesome and very epic to release it on the very last tuesday amid all this doubt.? i suppose this is an unlikely scenario, but i'm one of those who goes by what the band says until they say differently.? cue polluxlm telling me its a stretch again Tongue Grin

oh yeah plus it would be available on itunes christmas day in europe even though stores are closed.

God damn right it's a stretch, to the breaking point in fact. How many times does it have to be said? Merck, Axl and whomever else connected to GN'R does not care about playing games with us or giving us subtle hints. Why? Because they don't give a fuck about us. Well ok, they give a fuck, but that fuck does not go beyond a quick in and out and a ?"I'll call you tomorrow". When Merck say the album will be released a day before in Europe it's not because it's part of some master plan, to release it on iTunes prematurely, technicalities of time differences or whatever the fuck. He does nor have the time or interest to elude such things to us. That statement only means one thing, the album will be releases a day before in Europe because that's how albums normally are released in Europe. That's it, there's nothing else to it.

If you want to look for hidden messages in that statement I can give you one. The album is not coming this year. Why? Because if it was Merck wouldn't bother answering such trivial questions and at the same time ignore the 238583822 emails asking about a release date.

And if you still want to go by what the band says, "because it's still on the website", know this. The band has said things before, multiple times, that hasn't come through. There is no reason this should be any different.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #6817 on: December 12, 2006, 10:24:28 AM »

well, all optimism i ever had has died.

i just think its a fucking shame. personally i feel for the band members - they must be eager more than anyone to get THEIR material heard. i understand that gnr dont owe us anything, and its our choice if we follow them; but where's the respect on the managments behalf? they bitch and moan about internet message boards spreading rumours and speculating, but what do they expect commited and loyal fans to do when all they do is keep us in the dark? being promised an album by musicians that we love and admire (well, some of us do), then leaving it to us to figure out that its not actually coming out this year is low.

im not saying i know it all, no one really knows what happens behind doors. but when you're kept in the dark all the time what else is there to do but to assume the worst? shame, a real shame.

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6818 on: December 12, 2006, 10:25:48 AM »

that's it for guns n roses for me for now, they can fuck off untill they put out the album, I don't give ashit if they tour untill 2010 and play for 6 hours a night, without a new album they are just a cover band/nostalgia act.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6819 on: December 12, 2006, 10:28:29 AM »

aaaahhhh what to do what to do.

with a bitch like this.

Nope. Not time differences.

If my memory serves me right mysteron informed us that the album would come out in Europe the day before in the US.

On the Christmas day, stores won't open in europe.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: