Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:22:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 651512 times)
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #6760 on: December 12, 2006, 03:08:35 AM »

thenewguns.com

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:46 am? ? Post subject: CD ALMOST HERE? ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was into CD PLUS.com just 1 hour ago , i walked in and on the board it said GUNS N ROSES CHINESE DEMOCRACY RELEASED DECEMBER 11TH
i was like what the fuck? so i raced around looking for it but i couldnt find it, so i went up and asked why does it say that? is this a joke? she said her boss told her to write that and he couldnt tell her anymore.then i made my way to the back of the store and then they started playing Better! my heart was fucking racing, then i saw this guy that i usually ask about it since the november rumors and he said hes pretty sure its here. i offererd him 100 bucks to go in the back if he would show me a copy. of course he said i cant do it. i begged for a few mins then gave up. it is very close, if not tomorrow then the 19th for sure, its gotta be. please god. maybe its just a single i dunno. im freaking out.

Well thats a rumor... Tongue

Probably the biggest load of bullshit yet.

I work in radio, we haven't received a promo single yet - so I doubt a random store would have it.

most likely bollocks like the supposed seeing of the cd in the slovenian store a week or 2 ago. ?if it was true then why state the 11th and not have it for sale. ?if it stated chinese democracy then why would it maybe be a single (if it states chinese democracy then its the album surely). ?and no offence but if you offered me ?100 then i would rip your hand off for it and gladly show you the cd. ?and pretty sure? ?if he'd seen it he would be 100% sure surely.

i'd like it to be true but just can't see it at all.

Don't Damn Me!!
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #6761 on: December 12, 2006, 03:22:23 AM »

The BBC not being updated is very interesting. Or maybe it means nothing. Either way CD will be out eventually. The earth will continue to spin around. We will continue to be a community of GNR diehards......

That made me laugh - you summed up the basic response to everything. It's either interesting or nothing but two things we know, the earth spins and we are diehards.

Hey guys I'm a noob here but I saw something on the same myspace where Ron posted his message on. It was an interview Axl did with a radio station in Minneapolis. I dunno if it has already been posted but here it is...

Interviewed by a Minneapolis radio, Axl was asked when Chinese Democracy was coming out.

He answered in Automn!!!!!

THE host said:  Axl, it's because we are almost in winter!

Axl said again, In automn, and he started laghing, and the interview was finished!

I still don't know if they would do a surprise release but hey this is GNR were talking about!

This was most likely sound-clips from the Eddie Trunk interview, with the DJ pretending he was interviewing him.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6762 on: December 12, 2006, 03:26:43 AM »

thenewguns.com

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: CD ALMOST HERE   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was into CD PLUS.com just 1 hour ago , i walked in and on the board it said GUNS N ROSES CHINESE DEMOCRACY RELEASED DECEMBER 11TH
i was like what the fuck? so i raced around looking for it but i couldnt find it, so i went up and asked why does it say that? is this a joke? she said her boss told her to write that and he couldnt tell her anymore.then i made my way to the back of the store and then they started playing Better! my heart was fucking racing, then i saw this guy that i usually ask about it since the november rumors and he said hes pretty sure its here. i offererd him 100 bucks to go in the back if he would show me a copy. of course he said i cant do it. i begged for a few mins then gave up. it is very close, if not tomorrow then the 19th for sure, its gotta be. please god. maybe its just a single i dunno. im freaking out.

Thats the worst fake rumor I've ever read in my life. Not only does he see this board with CD on it, but the moment he heads to the back of the store, they start playing Better? Roll Eyes

gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #6763 on: December 12, 2006, 03:35:04 AM »

thenewguns.com

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: CD ALMOST HERE   

Thats the worst fake rumor I've ever read in my life. Not only does he see this board with CD on it, but the moment he heads to the back of the store, they start playing Better? Roll Eyes

Yeah agree, he didnt even try to make the story even a little bit trust worthy. Absolutly bullshit!!
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6764 on: December 12, 2006, 03:35:44 AM »

The BBC not being updated is very interesting.

It is indeed.

You have to remember the BBC is a well oiled machine. Theyre not simply gona forget to update a page, esp one with the charts. I think they are perhaps seeking confirmation of the title before updating the page, otherwise posting the new listings minus CD jus questions their integrity.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6765 on: December 12, 2006, 03:58:26 AM »

The BBC not being updated is very interesting.

It is indeed.

You have to remember the BBC is a well oiled machine. Theyre not simply gona forget to update a page, esp one with the charts. I think they are perhaps seeking confirmation of the title before updating the page, otherwise posting the new listings minus CD jus questions their integrity.

It's odd, but not particularly interesting. If the update delay is due to CD is probably because they can't find the appropriate info, or that the GN'R camp are being dicks and not able to provide the necessary info. But we'll see soon enough. It has to be updated at one time, but I don't think we'll see CD on there anymore then.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 04:03:05 AM by polluxlm » Logged

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6766 on: December 12, 2006, 04:36:16 AM »

Some thought that "worries" me with the everlasting wait for chinese democracy:

the new songs we (hardcore fans) already know for some time, are not 'really new' to us anymore....so, 2 remarks for this:

1. do we (hardcore fans) still really need the cd? we probably know already most of the songs which will be on it, so no big surprise anymore this cd....

2. most of the songs are made already years ago; will they not be like 'dated'? Other (non hardcore or non GN'R) people will also not be much 'surprised' when CD actually will come out one day as the music doesn't 'renew' anything.....

==> 1 & 2 : The chance that it will be a flop = very high! So, do we really need this flop (chinese democracy) or would it be BETTER  Grin to wait again for new songs and a new, fresh CD somewhere in 2007 / 2008 (no chinese democracy bullshit with release speculations, but a real new Guns album Grin)

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #6767 on: December 12, 2006, 04:38:42 AM »

CD will be a timeless record, just like AFD and the UYI albums. Say no more  beer

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6768 on: December 12, 2006, 04:49:28 AM »

Some thought that "worries" me with the everlasting wait for chinese democracy:

the new songs we (hardcore fans) already know for some time, are not 'really new' to us anymore....so, 2 remarks for this:

1. do we (hardcore fans) still really need the cd? we probably know already most of the songs which will be on it, so no big surprise anymore this cd....

We have 3 songs, I'd like to hear the other 10.

2. most of the songs are made already years ago; will they not be like 'dated'? Other (non hardcore or non GN'R) people will also not be much 'surprised' when CD actually will come out one day as the music doesn't 'renew' anything.....

Does the 15-20 year old GN'R songs you already have sound dated? You don't enjoy listening to them anymore?

==> 1 & 2 : The chance that it will be a flop = very high! So, do we really need this flop (chinese democracy) or would it be BETTER? Grin to wait again for new songs and a new, fresh CD somewhere in 2007 / 2008 (no chinese democracy bullshit with release speculations, but a real new Guns album Grin)

I don't care if it flops. I know the music's good, the general public can go fuck themselves if they don't see that.

To even suggest, as a GN'R fan, that CD shouldn't be released is preposterous.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 04:51:01 AM by polluxlm » Logged

Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #6769 on: December 12, 2006, 05:04:20 AM »

No, it will sound like GNR.

Sounding like GNR isn't a chronological phenomenon that sounds good and new in 1987 but doesn't sound new in 2006.

It is a style, a vision, a direction and a level of skill and accomplishment.

Somebody who knows more than I will probably point out the "age" of some of the most popular songs on UYI.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6770 on: December 12, 2006, 05:08:45 AM »

Don't Cry - mid eighties
November Rain - early eighties
You Could Be Mine - mid eighties

Songs like Coma, Locomotive, Estranged and Yesterdays were written in the late eighties, early nineties.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6771 on: December 12, 2006, 05:15:47 AM »

2007 For Sure! ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6772 on: December 12, 2006, 05:18:01 AM »

2007 For Sure! ok

Nothing is for sure.

But it is possible, yes.

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #6773 on: December 12, 2006, 05:22:35 AM »

The BBC thing is the weirdest fucking part of all of this yet. Like someone said, they just conveniently to update a page that they've updated every single Monday, and all of a sudden, the week after Chinese Democracy pops up on the list, they forget to update it?

Some weird shit is going down here.

Fuck, why can't things ever be normal?  crying

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6774 on: December 12, 2006, 05:24:30 AM »

better, madagascar, twat, oh my god, the blues, chinese democracy, rhiad, irs....that's already a lot more than '3'

Does the 15-20 year old GN'R songs you already have sound dated? You don't enjoy listening to them anymore?
Of course not! That's not my point.
It's not because songs were made in an era, the songs are not good anymore in another era, in facts it reminds you about the good times...and of course always cool to hear 'old' songs.
But, sort of speaking, if you would release a 50's rock&roll album: that would not be much 'renewing' anything, but doesn't say that music wouldn't be ok

preposterous
what does that word mean? ?Cool (english not my mother language)

-----------------------------------
Don't Cry - mid eighties

Songs like Coma, Locomotive, Estranged and Yesterdays were written in the late eighties, early nineties

GN'R started around '85-'86 I believe, so I hardly doubt those songs were written then, maybe '88 - 89', and UYI were released begin 90's.
We are now 2006, and the songs we've heard are maybe already written in '95 - 200', that's almost a decade!

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6775 on: December 12, 2006, 05:37:35 AM »

better, madagascar, twat, oh my god, the blues, chinese democracy, rhiad, irs....that's already a lot more than '3'

Those are bootlegs. I don't like listening to bootlegs. Axls voice is always under par and the sound is shit.

Of course not! That's not my point.
It's not because songs were made in an era, the songs are not good anymore in another era, in facts it reminds you about the good times...and of course always cool to hear 'old' songs.
But, sort of speaking, if you would release a 50's rock&roll album: that would not be much 'renewing' anything, but doesn't say that music wouldn't be ok

This is not a 50s album, it's an original album who happens to be maybe 10 years old. The leaks have proven that this album does not sound dated at all. No need to worry.

preposterous
what does that word mean? ?Cool (english not my mother language)

It means absurd, ridiculous.

Don't Cry - mid eighties

Songs like Coma, Locomotive, Estranged and Yesterdays were written in the late eighties, early nineties

GN'R started around '85-'86 I believe, so I hardly doubt those songs were written then, maybe '88 - 89', and UYI were released begin 90's.
We are now 2006, and the songs we've heard are maybe already written in '95 - 200', that's almost a decade!

GN'R started around 85, but Axl and Izzy were born in 1962.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 05:40:01 AM by polluxlm » Logged

Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #6776 on: December 12, 2006, 05:54:03 AM »

While on this tangent... if you believe stuff on the internet...

Back Off Bitch 1981
November Rain 1983
Don't Cry 1984/1985
Bad Obsession 1985
You Could Be Mine 1987
Yesterdays 1987
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #6777 on: December 12, 2006, 05:59:37 AM »

i know this is not really of interest anymore but the hmv uk site, over the last week or so, had completely taken away everything to do with chinese democracy.? had another look a few mins ago and it is coming up with the 18th dec for release but title deleted (big contradiction).? i know it's hmv and what you read you should take with a pinch of salt but why put it back on again after taking it off?

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/simpleSearch.do?pGroupID=-1&simpleSearchString=chinese+democracy&primaryID=-1&btnSubmitSearch.x=22&btnSubmitSearch.y=11

Don't Damn Me!!
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6778 on: December 12, 2006, 06:01:09 AM »

Back Off Bitch 1981
November Rain 1983
Don't Cry 1984/1985
Bad Obsession 1985
You Could Be Mine 1987
Yesterdays 1987

This is bull....

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6779 on: December 12, 2006, 06:01:52 AM »

Back Off Bitch 1981
November Rain 1983
Don't Cry 1984/1985
Bad Obsession 1985
You Could Be Mine 1987
Yesterdays 1987

This is bull....

Oh? And why is that?

Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »