Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 04:16:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 651619 times)
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6740 on: December 12, 2006, 12:32:50 AM »

Being that Axl said we will hear music this year, and has launched major tours, with a release date that hasn't been anounced, but keeps saying it IS this year....

Maybe the tour is paying, or at leat paying towards marketing of the album. Maybe Axl and The Label want a huge commerical presense, with huge marketing plan, but the label wanted tour money, or money from GNR...due to the huge cosst thus far.

And with only a handful of sellouts, and some so so sales...enough has been generated yet, for the marketing platform they wanted.

They already have the Harley Clip, which has been pushed back. They probably did not want a stop/start ads...with that commercial out as a "single" with no release dates...

I feel Axl is genrating cash for the market campaign on this tour..and with 2 cancelations and some shaky sales in smaller markets, things are not where they need to be yet
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #6741 on: December 12, 2006, 12:37:24 AM »

I think it is probably a hold up with Universal. They may be looking at a proper release date that did not coincide with the end or 06, or perhaps they have issue with the tracklisting. Or maybe Meisner is right, there are copyright issues being worked out. 

I believe there was a plan and it was pushed back.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #6742 on: December 12, 2006, 12:41:43 AM »

what happened a second ago? there was a new reply , then the thread was gone?

estranged.1098
« Reply #6743 on: December 12, 2006, 01:04:01 AM »

I think it is probably a hold up with Universal. They may be looking at a proper release date that did not coincide with the end or 06, or perhaps they have issue with the tracklisting. Or maybe Meisner is right, there are copyright issues being worked out. 

I think the most likely scenario is that Axl still doesn't think it's done.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #6744 on: December 12, 2006, 01:12:13 AM »

I think the most likely scenario is that Axl still doesn't think it's done.

That would be disconcerting, however completely plausible.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6745 on: December 12, 2006, 01:24:15 AM »

I think it is probably a hold up with Universal.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that if there was any chance humanly possible for that album to have been out by now, the label would have done everything it could to make it happen. The Christmas season is far and away the biggest sales period, and they would have loved to have CD on the shelves for it. There is no way they blew up a plan and said let's wait until next year.

If the ball was to have gotten rolling at any point, it most certainly stopped due to some sort of issue on GNR's end, as it is impossible for the label to have actively witheld it from the year's biggest sales period.

Either Axl doesn't like it still, there is still recording to do, or he just never intends to release it, the hold up is with him. Any legal issues would have been sorted out long long ago as many of these songs are approaching a decade old now, and it is pretty certain that this would have been dealt with in the early stages of this process.
jlemire
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6746 on: December 12, 2006, 01:51:34 AM »

Hey guys I'm a noob here but I saw something on the same myspace where Ron posted his message on. It was an interview Axl did with a radio station in Minneapolis. I dunno if it has already been posted but here it is...

Interviewed by a Minneapolis radio, Axl was asked when Chinese Democracy was coming out.

He answered in Automn!!!!!

THE host said:  Axl, it's because we are almost in winter!

Axl said again, In automn, and he started laghing, and the interview was finished!

I still don't know if they would do a surprise release but hey this is GNR were talking about!
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #6747 on: December 12, 2006, 01:54:28 AM »

on 93X?  When was Axl on the radio?

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
jlemire
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6748 on: December 12, 2006, 01:56:16 AM »

I just saw it on the Myspace page, Here is the link.....

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=103339802&blogID=200843368&MyToken=f490655f-be7d-4da0-962e-8a5c961d629f
benchiefjr
« Reply #6749 on: December 12, 2006, 02:01:24 AM »

i expect it on the 19th now...i'm excited.  Shocked
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #6750 on: December 12, 2006, 02:01:41 AM »

^^^if that is true then it seems like axl is playing games or getting technical about when the official season's start. ?but it's not true, because we would have heard of this "interview" when it happened....and well, we haven't so...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6751 on: December 12, 2006, 02:03:09 AM »

the radio thing is most likely bullshit...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jlemire
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6752 on: December 12, 2006, 02:04:50 AM »

Again guys sorry I just saw it and thought I'd post I'm not here to try and start shit...I want this CD out like everyone else.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6753 on: December 12, 2006, 02:05:13 AM »

I'm tired and just glanced over it, but I didn't see a link for the interview. The guy just wrote that it happened?
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #6754 on: December 12, 2006, 02:06:22 AM »

Why would Axl do that...of course everybody then knows it's the 19th... Smells like some pile of horse shit...

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6755 on: December 12, 2006, 02:06:51 AM »

I'm tired and just glanced over it, but I didn't see a link for the interview. The guy just wrote that it happened?

exactely....   it was posted 1-2 weeks ago, but this remains the only source since then...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jlemire
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6756 on: December 12, 2006, 02:11:23 AM »

Does anyone know who presented Guns n' Roses in Minneapolis? like the radio station?
DemocracyRose
« Reply #6757 on: December 12, 2006, 02:28:39 AM »

thenewguns.com

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:46 am? ? Post subject: CD ALMOST HERE? ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was into CD PLUS.com just 1 hour ago , i walked in and on the board it said GUNS N ROSES CHINESE DEMOCRACY RELEASED DECEMBER 11TH
i was like what the fuck? so i raced around looking for it but i couldnt find it, so i went up and asked why does it say that? is this a joke? she said her boss told her to write that and he couldnt tell her anymore.then i made my way to the back of the store and then they started playing Better! my heart was fucking racing, then i saw this guy that i usually ask about it since the november rumors and he said hes pretty sure its here. i offererd him 100 bucks to go in the back if he would show me a copy. of course he said i cant do it. i begged for a few mins then gave up. it is very close, if not tomorrow then the 19th for sure, its gotta be. please god. maybe its just a single i dunno. im freaking out.

Well thats a rumor... Tongue
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 02:30:27 AM by DemocracyRose » Logged
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #6758 on: December 12, 2006, 02:54:40 AM »

thenewguns.com

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: CD ALMOST HERE   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was into CD PLUS.com just 1 hour ago , i walked in and on the board it said GUNS N ROSES CHINESE DEMOCRACY RELEASED DECEMBER 11TH
i was like what the fuck? so i raced around looking for it but i couldnt find it, so i went up and asked why does it say that? is this a joke? she said her boss told her to write that and he couldnt tell her anymore.then i made my way to the back of the store and then they started playing Better! my heart was fucking racing, then i saw this guy that i usually ask about it since the november rumors and he said hes pretty sure its here. i offererd him 100 bucks to go in the back if he would show me a copy. of course he said i cant do it. i begged for a few mins then gave up. it is very close, if not tomorrow then the 19th for sure, its gotta be. please god. maybe its just a single i dunno. im freaking out.

Probably the biggest load of bullshit yet.

I work in radio, we haven't received a promo single yet - so I doubt a random store would have it.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6759 on: December 12, 2006, 03:08:28 AM »

thenewguns.com

Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:46 am? ? Post subject: CD ALMOST HERE? ?

It's the kind of rumour that could be true if there was only 1 record store in the whole world

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: