Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:22:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228556 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The CD release date rumor / speculation thread
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 374 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The CD release date rumor / speculation thread  (Read 651788 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #6700 on: December 11, 2006, 07:24:34 PM »

Merck has said that the album will follow normal rules

Really? Where and when did he say this? Thats news to me ...

And Axlfan, if he did have the little blighter in the back, he wouldn't tell you cause he doesn't know himself (there would be just a box there saying do not open).

i don't think he said normal rules, just that it would be a typical release as far as releasing the day before in europe etc..etc..

Yeah - my bad. Typical was the word that I should have used instead of normal.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #6701 on: December 11, 2006, 07:39:50 PM »

we got the list of new release till january 7th at VIRGIN u.k          sorry guys no democracy this year. no

Live N' Let Die
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #6702 on: December 11, 2006, 07:42:21 PM »

^ well thats cool, i still wouldn't count it out 100% though i do have posts saying it's not coming.  this sux a big one but oh well. bring on 52 tuesdays in 2007  peace beer

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
emanc93
Banned
Headliner

Here in hell tomorrow in.....

« Reply #6703 on: December 11, 2006, 07:46:15 PM »

My mom went into Sam Goodys the other day and asked the guys there if they knew a release date for Chinese Democracy. They said that they were given alot of release dates over the past years and such. Now they have it as TBD. So I suppose asking your local record store is inevitable. And these guys were G'N'R fans at the counter too. Make of it what you will but when we see a G'N'R statement confirming a date, noone knows the date.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #6704 on: December 11, 2006, 07:50:46 PM »

My mom went into Sam Goodys the other day and asked the guys there if they knew a release date for Chinese Democracy. They said that they were given alot of release dates over the past years and such. Now they have it as TBD. So I suppose asking your local record store is inevitable. And these guys were G'N'R fans at the counter too. Make of it what you will but when we see a G'N'R statement confirming a date, noone knows the date.

yeah i was told this by an HMV manger too...its all specualtion but unfortunately people ignore these claims hihi Undecided

The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #6705 on: December 11, 2006, 07:53:15 PM »

we got the list of new release till january 7th at VIRGIN u.k          sorry guys no democracy this year. no

IMO if it's gonna be a surprise release, it's not gonna be on any new release list, not the Virgin, not the BBC, nothin ...

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
emanc93
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #6706 on: December 11, 2006, 07:54:44 PM »

People who think theres going to be a surprise list need to just shut the fuck up. I'm sorry but it gets annoying. You'll make more money if you promote the album and let it leak then with a surprise release. Surprise release is incredibly un-realistic.

sorum_is_a_stiff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6707 on: December 11, 2006, 07:59:51 PM »

People who think theres going to be a surprise list need to just shut the fuck up. I'm sorry but it gets annoying. You'll make more money if you promote the album and let it leak then with a surprise release. Surprise release is incredibly un-realistic.

Merck said not 2 months ago that they might not even announce a date; you might just walk into your record store one day and it will be there.

This sounds to me like they may be considering a surprise release.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #6708 on: December 11, 2006, 08:01:10 PM »

seriously, you don't have a clue, nobody has a clue how it's going to be released= FACT ok
telling people to STFU is just unacceptable.

sorum_is_a_stiff   i think mysteron said merck was joking but, who knows if plans have changed or what
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 08:03:24 PM by I.K.N.K.N » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
sorum_is_a_stiff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6709 on: December 11, 2006, 08:01:49 PM »

so don't tell people to "shut the fuck up"; maybe you should shut the fuck up.
emanc93
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #6710 on: December 11, 2006, 08:02:41 PM »

How many famous bands/artists ever release an album with a surprise release date? Oh thats right, none. I win. peace

emanc93
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #6711 on: December 11, 2006, 08:03:12 PM »

Merck said not 2 months ago that they might not even announce a date; you might just walk into your record store one day and it will be there.

He was obviously joking.

The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #6712 on: December 11, 2006, 08:12:13 PM »

How many famous bands/artists ever release an album with a surprise release date? Oh thats right, none. I win. peace

Limp Bizquick

And you're shit mate, I'll talk about whatever the hell I want thanks. I seriously doubt this album is all about the mighty $.
They will release it whenever the hell they want.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #6713 on: December 11, 2006, 08:21:57 PM »

exactly ! I just can't seem to understand why people are having such a heard time understanding this suprise thing. Everytime I log in to this board the same ol' "It's not coming out this year cos a guy at the record store said".... or "BBC isn't showing a release date??!!" or "we haven't heard anything from Axl or Merck !! No sh-t !! That'swhy Guns have been so quiet about this whole thing. They DO NOT want us to know the day !! That's why regardless of what anybody says I would not rule out a trip to the record store even tomorrow. If I told my mom back in October that I would be home for the holidays just because I did not re-iterate it again several times during November and early December does not mean my plans have changed. Think about it ! Guns are not trying to hide thew fact that it is coming out this year.... they just do not want us to know which day. Everyone who thinks that it is just "impossible" that it is coming b-cos it han't leaked yet will be very surprised. I don't know how but I bet they do it !

He was obviously joking.

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #6714 on: December 11, 2006, 08:24:14 PM »

exactly ! I just can't seem to understand why people are having such a heard time understanding this suprise thing. Everytime I log in to this board the same ol' "It's not coming out this year cos a guy at the record store said".... or "BBC isn't showing a release date??!!" or "we haven't heard anything from Axl or Merck !! No sh-t !! That'swhy Guns have been so quiet about this whole thing. They DO NOT want us to know the day !! That's why regardless of what anybody says I would not rule out a trip to the record store even tomorrow. If I told my mom back in October that I would be home for the holidays just because I did not re-iterate it again several times during November and early December does not mean my plans have changed. Think about it ! Guns are not trying to hide thew fact that it is coming out this year.... they just do not want us to know which day. Everyone who thinks that it is just "impossible" that it is coming b-cos it han't leaked yet will be very surprised. I don't know how but I bet they do it !

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #6715 on: December 11, 2006, 08:27:50 PM »

Based on Ron's statement I think its safe to believe that CD is NOT coming out in '06 and starting now we should just wait until we hear some real news from a reliable source.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6716 on: December 11, 2006, 08:28:42 PM »

I think it's coming out on the 19th also, but just to play devils advocate...

Let's say you ask some girl out on Sunday for the following Saturday and she says yes. ?Now lets say you see her in school, at work, on the train, wherever every day and you keep asking her if she's gonna come with you but she doesn't say shit. ?In my book, that's not a good sign...

Clearly the above is distinguishable from our current scenario, but I think there may be some similarities... that being said, i still think it's gonna come out on the 19th... ? smoking
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6717 on: December 11, 2006, 08:29:38 PM »

Based on Ron's statement I think its safe to believe that CD is NOT coming out in '06 and starting now we should just wait until we hear some real news from a reliable source.

What did Ron say?
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #6718 on: December 11, 2006, 08:32:19 PM »

I think it's coming out on the 19th also, but just to play devils advocate...

Let's say you ask some girl out on Sunday for the following Saturday and she says yes. ?Now lets say you see her in school, at work, on the train, wherever every day and you keep asking her if she's gonna come with you but she doesn't say shit. ?In my book, that's not a good sign...

Clearly the above is distinguishable from our current scenario, but I think there may be some similarities... that being said, i still think it's gonna come out on the 19th... ? smoking

Lol... I agree the scenario you gave above is not a good sign. Fortunately, our current situation is better...lol

sorum_is_a_stiff
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6719 on: December 11, 2006, 08:33:37 PM »

You know what gives me hope everytime I start to doubt about whether the album is going to come out? or that it will just be delayed and delayed again.....

I just remind myself about the other members in the band especially Robin and Tommy...I am confident that musicians like these would not just be screwing around if the album were not coming. ?What I mean is, both Robin and Tommy are legendary musicians and were part of 2 bands that were possibly as important as the original GNR were. ?They also had legitimate opportunities to re-join Trent and Paul (respectively) in order to tour and/or work on new albums but passed the chance up to stay with GNR. ?
Serious musicians like that do not just sit around for years and years just waiting to go on tour every four years...They believe in what they are doing and are in it for the long run...

That is what really gives me hope and keeps me believing in the 19th.

"emanc93" is a stiff.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 374 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: